PDA

View Full Version : get this.....

nextvikingsstar
06-09-2006, 01:44 AM
my girlfriend asked me "told me" i was going to her cousins wedding with her, and i complained for awhile, well she tells me today that Supposedly CHad Greenway will be there but idk cuase there still in mini camp arent they, but the groom is greenways best friend, so imkinda excited, ive been around him b4 but haha NOT WHEN he was a vike......im gonna have to try not to let the lil kid in me get out and try to say hi to greenway.....hahaha

WBLVikeBabe
06-09-2006, 01:46 AM
If you are going to be near Greenway you have to say hi to him. Get his picture so you can post it on here or something.

nextvikingsstar
06-09-2006, 01:49 AM
haha ill try, hes cousins with one of my best friends from high school, and mt vernon(his Hometown) isnt very far away from Canistota(my hometown) so i saw him play and high school, never thought hed be a vike, my buddy alex(his cousin), says that in high school he was a packers fan haha.........but yeah i need a pic and it will get posted but i dont wanna annoy the guy

Ltrey33
06-09-2006, 01:53 AM
That's pretty sweet! Make sure you let us know how it went if you do get to see him.

nextvikingsstar
06-09-2006, 02:03 AM
i will i just hope hes there, does anyone know if they have mini camp, the wedding is tomarrow night

Warp
06-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Wow thats cool man. Hopefully hes there and you get a cool picture! He seems like a nice guy that he would do it. Goodluck

Webby
06-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Tell him Purplepride.org welcomes him and will be backing him up full-time!!

gpless05
06-09-2006, 06:35 AM
tell him he needs to join this......that would be awesome!

ChiTownVike
06-09-2006, 07:56 AM
"Warp" wrote:

Wow thats cool man. Hopefully hes there and you get a cool picture! He seems like a nice guy that he would do it. Goodluck

That is pretty friggin sweet!

I love the sig man, Assains Creed is gonna be a pretty sick game!

Warp
06-10-2006, 07:16 AM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

"Warp" wrote:

That is pretty friggin sweet!

I love the sig man, Assains Creed is gonna be a pretty sick game!
Thanks , And i agree, Assassins Creed is going to be awesome. :grin: Its in my top 5 most wanted games for sure.

nextvikingsstar
06-10-2006, 06:54 PM
HE WAS THERE.....but i didnt talk to him, haha its so wierd cuz hes just like everyone else that was there, just a regular guy, besdies people wouldnt leave him alone, i felt bad i didnt have the nuggest to go talk to him, i said hi, but thats aobut it, there was poeple around him the whole time, and i think a lot of them new him and were jsut catching up with him, but it had to be getting old

twill
06-10-2006, 06:59 PM
we got greenways back!!!

NordicNed
06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe Greenway will be his best man....

If so, I'de lock the littel ring bearer in a closet and put the rings on a Football, then when you get up to the alter, tell Greenway he has to sign for the rings.......Church policy.......

vikes09
06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Maybe Greenway will be his best man....

If so, I'de lock the littel ring bearer in a closet and put the rings on a Football, then when you get up to the alter, tell Greenway he has to sign for the rings.......Church policy.......

funniest thing i have heard in awhile!!! :lol:

could you sign it to my son...yea, the pillow.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Have a fun time at the wedding man.

magicci
06-10-2006, 09:39 PM
"nextvikingsstar" wrote:

HE WAS THERE.....but i didnt talk to him, haha its so wierd cuz hes just like everyone else that was there, just a regular guy, besdies people wouldnt leave him alone, i felt bad i didnt have the nuggest to go talk to him, i said hi, but thats aobut it, there was poeple around him the whole time, and i think a lot of them new him and were jsut catching up with him, but it had to be getting old
no pics?

PurplePeopleEaters89
06-11-2006, 02:07 AM
yeah if you get a pic make sure you post it on here!! That would be aweseome!!!

nextvikingsstar
06-11-2006, 03:28 AM
no....idk i felt wierd, it was his buddies wedding and idk i couldnt work up the courage

Vikes_King
06-11-2006, 06:56 AM
thats really good of you, i've seen these players get nagged so bad around here..... i live in mankato so during the summer they're everywhere you look.. last year my friends went to Wendy's and dante culpepper was in his (bright orange) escalade ahead of another car, and the people ran out of the car and went up the window and started begging for an autograph.. he gave them one just to get them away..

then a couple years ago randy moss and someone else were at buffalo wild wings and there was literally a line of people out the door of the restaurant and down the hall trying to get a chance to talk to him WHILE he was trying to eat, and this is during one of their breaks from pratice, so they get like... 1 hour i think? he finally had management and such tell them to leave him alone so he could actually eat.. people started yelling calling him a stuck up asshole and shit, the guy was just trying to eat

the last time i saw randy in person though, i was with a group of about 40 people and the entire team would walk down the alley type thing we made for them and they'd just grab some stuff and sign it or go down the line.. or if you got lucky you'd get the gloves or stuff, randy came through and the lines collapsed around him and he just had to move with a huge crowd around him, he still grabbed a few young kids balls and signed them, found them again, and threw it to them while on the move lol, kelly campbell rescued him in a golf cart

one of the funniest things ive ever seen =)

magicci
06-11-2006, 07:19 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

the last time i saw randy in person though, i was with a group of about 40 people and the entire team would walk down the alley type thing we made for them and they'd just grab some stuff and sign it or go down the line.. or if you got lucky you'd get the gloves or stuff, randy came through and the lines collapsed around him and he just had to move with a huge crowd around him, he still grabbed a few young kids balls and signed them, found them again, and threw it to them while on the move lol, kelly campbell rescued him in a golf cart

one of the funniest things ive ever seen =)

haha that is a funny image!!!
"DAMNNIT RANDY WE GOTTA GET THE HEELLL OUTTA HERE"

mnrockstar
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I had a similar experience this february- My mom's side of the family all lives in Canada----My cousin was getting married to a woman who's family has a large history with money. (Her grandmother was one of the first woman pilots) So i'm at this wedding dancing with my cousins who are like 10 years older than me (they're like 27) and i saw my dad and brother talking to this guy so i went over and checked it out and it ends up that it was Henry Burris the starting Quarter Back for the Calgary Stampeders CFL team.... he spent a few years with Green Bay and 1 with the Bears. he was talking about Brett Favre and how his favorite place to travel was to minnesota because he loved the atmoshphere of the Metrodome... we started talking about Culpepper b/c at the time he had not been traded yet... and he thought we should keep him around. He also said he would LOVE to come to minnesota he feels it has a great future ahead.... He also said he'd like to come because MN pays well...!... He was such a warm person. Before the reception he was actually in A &W eating by us and talking and we had no clue who he was, just that he was another hungry wedding guest..His wife was also with him...she was pregnant but i'm sure she has had the baby by now. I was just so shocked how genuine he was and such a nice person!! and he wasn't stuck up like many of the NFL's QB's...

I also snapped a few pictures....:)