PDA

View Full Version : How do you out-of-towners watch Vikings games?

sodaknick
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I was just wondering how it is that some of you from outside the region (Rapid City, SD is still very much Vikings country), especially those of you who are out of the country, watch Vikings games? Cable? Satellite? Radio?
Just curious.

Bdubya
06-08-2006, 05:05 PM
When they play the Packers or Lions I usually get to see the games. Sometimes, if the Packers have a Sunday night game against the Bears, and the Lions have a bye week, Fox will show infomercials instead of the Vikings game...I get so mad.

BMFVIKES
06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
they will have a few national games this year, but other than that, here in Denver there are actually 2 Minnesota Sports "Themed" Bars. (Lots of transplants here from up north) It is awesome to be able to live down here and still follow the Vikes/Wolves consistently and go watch the game whenever you want. Other than that you can always subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket.

getyourrollon!
06-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Direct T.V.'s NFL Sunday Ticket. $200/season is nothing when it comes to watching the Vikes.

Jviking
06-08-2006, 05:12 PM
NFL sunday ticket for the past 8 years!!! I feel like I am at home every sunday!!!

thejck
06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
it sucks. I live in St. Louis and I hate the Rams and hate when the show the Rams game instead of the Vikings. So usually I sit in front of the computer watching the scores and waiting for blips about the game to be displayed on the TV. its a sad life. Is there anyway to watch the game on the internet.

boognish
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Da bar!! :occasion5:

cogitans
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
In Europe we can not chose ourselves, the NFL decides each week what games get to be broadcast overseas.

For this season I will try to watch some over the internet, I hope I'll get more Vikings games that way.

ItalianStallion
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Usually watch a few games that are on regular TV, go to one game... and the rest is isually just following on gamecenter.

vikinggreg
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
In the past I’ve used internet radio, a game tracker and PPO chat, and the dreaded cable for the few games we would get. Last January we got a satellite system, DLP Samsung :grin: and NFL ticket

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

tony_u
06-08-2006, 05:32 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

In Europe we can not chose ourselves, the NFL decides each week what games get to be broadcast overseas..

How annoying is that,in the UK we have 2 channels which show the NFL but i think this year i got to see 2 Vikes games 1 was against the pack cant remember which the other was.

"cogitans" wrote:

For this season I will try to watch some over the internet, I hope I'll get more Vikings games that way.

What internet sites can you watch it on?

COJOMAY
06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket on satallite DirectTV. I've had it since it first came out. Worth every penny.

DCPologirl
06-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Well on the rare occasion that we play the Ravens or the Skins I go to the games. Otherwise I go to bars that show all the games, or a bar that I know will show my game cuz I know the bartender, or I go to the one measlet Viking bar in town that ONLY shows the Vikings games!

cogitans
06-08-2006, 05:39 PM
"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

What internet sites can you watch it on?I heard of this site resently StreamTV (http://www.streamtvnow.tv)

petrodemos
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
usually go to beef o bradys around here, or other bars that have direct tv if the games arent on TV, we had direct tv two years ago for about 3 years, i loved it, but at 200 a year, and at a time when viking games were being shown pretty regularly, it ended up being like 50/game. personally id rather go to a bar and spend the 50 on beer and food, and watch more games simultanously. so thats what we do now.

AngloVike
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

In Europe we can not chose ourselves, the NFL decides each week what games get to be broadcast overseas..

How annoying is that,in the UK we have 2 channels which show the NFL but i think this year i got to see 2 Vikes games 1 was against the pack cant remember which the other was.

"cogitans" wrote:

There is a site which has live streaming apparently which some of our european neighbours use - I think it is www.streamtvnow.com/ - needs a subscription and could - of course - be deemed to be a tad illegal :pirate:

Myself I settle for live TV when the Vikes are on - which can mean late nights if its a Sunday night or MNF game . Otherwise its listening via the web courtesy of good old Field Pass :cheers:

viks_fan21
06-08-2006, 05:42 PM
On NFL Sunday Ticket from Directtt TTTTVVV! Have you guys all seen that comercial, I love it.

JDogg926
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM
My life watching Vikings games:

1979 - 1986 Didn't care much about football (prob. watched Browns games w/ my dad)

1986 - 1990 Mostly watched Browns games, started to root for the Vikings in the late 80's was about 9 years old.

1991 - 1997 Only watched the games that we were lucky enough to have televised.

1998 - All but the first or second game of the season was televised, so I got to watch all of them on regular TV

1999 - 2000 Vikings were televised often, so I watched what I could.

mid 2000 season - 2002 season - Ritchie's Tavern in Columbus, OH had Sunday Ticket about 12 TV's, $2 - 32 oz. drafts, all you could eat wings, burgers, dogs, brats, chips, etc. for FREE!!! I spent many Sundays at that place, they always had a TV reserved for me in the corner of the bar, all I had to do was save $10, for 3 tall drafts, and leave the rest as a tip. Perfect for a 21 college student. A couple games, though, I still watched at home, if they were on TV, and/or I didn't have money. I watched them get spanked by the Rams in 2000, and this may make you think less of me, while a lovely young woman, who happened to be married was riding me. All I was missing was a beer in my hand.

2002 - At home when they were on, occasionally at BW-3's.

2003 - 2004 - BW3's mainly, sometimes at home (while televised), a couple times I just watched the ticker on nfl.com.

2005 - Finally got the Sunday Ticket!!!! And drove 14 hours to check out Mall of America, and watch them whoop up on the Saints in person. Both of these are the greatest money I've ever spent. Although, if I still lived in Columbus, I'd probably just go to Ritchie's Tavern, and tip a little better this time.

tony_u
06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

There is a site which has live streaming apparently which some of our european neighbours use - I think it is www.streamtvnow.com/ - needs a subscription and could - of course - be deemed to be a tad illegal :pirate:

Myself I settle for live TV when the Vikes are on - which can mean late nights if its a Sunday night or MNF game . Otherwise its listening via the web courtesy of good old Field Pass :cheers:

Cheers for the site info AngloVike may go and investigate that one,have used the field pass myself for the past 3-4 years along with the game updates

simonsparre
06-08-2006, 05:55 PM
"tony_u" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Cheers for the site info AngloVike may go and investigate that one,have used the field pass myself for the past 3-4 years along with the game updates

Actually it is .tv not .com. www.streamtvnow.tv

I watched the draft on streamtvnow this year and a lot of Vikes games last year. Works fantastic

ChiTownVike
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
A wonderful idea called NFL Sunday Ticket!

thetrenches68OL
06-08-2006, 06:02 PM
i dont have that problem unless i have sunday film and weights after a saturday game..booo

mr.woo
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
i just watch them when there on the tv or i got to nfl.com gmaecast. its sad but it gets the job done in ohio surprisingly they were on a lot last year. i think i got to watch like 4 games. pretty awsome

Mr. Purple
06-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Well simonsparre if that site works like you say it does...I'm deff gonna use it this coming season. PM me with more details if you can... thanks

snowinapril
06-08-2006, 06:10 PM
With a beer in one hand and the foam brick in another.

Just don't put the beer in the throwing hand by accident.

sodaknick
06-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't believe you can watch the games on the internet, but come to think of it, you can listen to them on nfl.com for a small fee (I think its 9.99 for the season). When I'm on the road over a fall weekend that's what I usually do. In fact, even when I'm at home I often turn off the TV broadcast and listen to PA on the radio.

That might be an option for those of you in Europe.

sodaknick
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

I watched the draft on streamtvnow this year and a lot of Vikes games last year. Works fantastic

Rock on!! I just went to the site and subscribed! There are a lot of great sporting events that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see! Man, I love you guys (in a completely masculine, manly way, you know)!

Jarlvik2006
06-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Sunday Ticket! A small price to pay for the guarantee of seeing my beloved team.

6-KINGS
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I climb aboard my magical winged horse named Luno and he takes me there.

sodaknick
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

So does "Luno" come in a pill or a bottle? :cool:

Wiggles67
06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm in Des Moines and somehow this is considered Chiefs country. So they are on every week. They do show a lot of the NFC north games. usually it ends up that anywhere from 4 to 6 vikings are on a year. The rest of the time I usually end up in a bar. Man I can wait for a good excuse to have a drink at noon on a sunday agian!

ejmat
06-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I use to have satellite. Now I have to go to sports bars to watch the games. Soon I will back in Florida and get a satellite again. I can't wait.

VikingKen
06-08-2006, 07:16 PM
We would call early Sunday morning and find out what sports bar would have the vikings game on and then go to that bar to watch. In 1998 (great year) we found the Great LakesViking Fan Club. We join them and watched the game at their clubhouse. In 2000 we got our own big screen TV and NFL Sunday ticket. Other than being there there is nothing better than a Vikings Game in HD on a 65 inch wide-screen in 5.1 surround.

brandsp
06-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Da bar or friends house with Sunday tix if the Vikes were playing my friends teams. (when I was living elsewhere like NJ, Detroit, Baton Rouge, Cheeseland, Utah, or the ATL.)

Now I'm back in the MN and don't have a thing to worry about.

snowinapril
06-08-2006, 07:22 PM
"Jarlvik2006" wrote:

Sunday Ticket! A small price to pay for the guarantee of seeing my beloved team.

Roughly $12 a week.

If you take out the nationally televised games that you would see anyway, then you are looking at rounding it up to $15 a game......... these are rough estimates.

Vikefanman2000
06-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I live in Central California. I have Directv AND cable....and a total of 5 TVs that get set up in the den on football Sundays. I split the cable signal to two of the TVs and put the network games on those TVs. I bring the Directv receiver boxes into the den from their usual locations (bedrooms) and set them up in different corners in the den so that I can control the remote control on one box at a time. Of course, the Vikes game always gets the big TV with surround sound! :) (oh, and I TIVO the Vikes game as well, so that I can do my own instant replays!)

Mr-holland
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Watching it on Internet.
5$ a month so you wouldn't hear me complain

mnjamie
06-08-2006, 07:35 PM
57" of loving joy - $3200
NFL Sunday Ticket - $12.35 / week (just got the renewal yesterday)
Cooler full ice - $23
2 cases Corona - $26
4 limes - $1.50
Lanai with easy chair - free

Watching the Vikes in my underwear on a perfect Florida Sunday -

Priceless !

Vikes
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
"thejck" wrote:

it sucks. I live in St. Louis and I hate the Rams and hate when the show the Rams game instead of the Vikings. So usually I sit in front of the computer watching the scores and waiting for blips about the game to be displayed on the TV. its a sad life. Is there anyway to watch the game on the internet.

You could have someone feed it over the web using a slingbox.

http://www.slingmedia.com/us/

Displaced_Viking
06-08-2006, 08:02 PM
When I was younger, I lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio, so I was able to watch the Vikings with some more frequency, but I wasn't that interested. Only within the past 6 years, has football become more interesting to me. During my 4 years in college, I would watch all the games I could get on cable in North Carolina, which sucked cause the Panthers are down the street from where I live. After school, I moved into a place that only had cable, but watched some of the games at a friend's house that had Ticket. (I was at the Minnesota/Carolina game that Daunte got hurt, horns, jersey, and all.) Just moved again, a couple towns over, and was hoping to get DirectTV, but my apartment is in a location that only gets Dish Network, so I will have to wait longer for NFL Ticket. But, I hear that NFL Network will be re-showing games.

Weak.

cajunvike
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
"brandsp" wrote:

Da bar or friends house with Sunday tix if the Vikes were playing my friends teams. (when I was living elsewhere like NJ, Detroit, Baton Rouge, Cheeseland, Utah, or the ATL.)

Now I'm back in the MN and don't have a thing to worry about.

When did you live in "The Rouge"?

twill
06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
it sucks if u dont have sunday ticket

PurplePeopleEaters89
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Well i was blessed to be born into a family where football is our religion!! Since we lived in Seattle, WA we never got Minnesota Vikings games!! We had to go out and buy the NFL Sunday Ticket by Direct TV!!! I love it!! Especially if you are big into Fantasy football, it is a big help to be able to flip back and forth between the Vikings and watching your other players!!! I love it!!!

howkings
06-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I get a few games on the network broadcast but I also have the NFL Fieldpass and am able to listen to all the games.

boognish
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

Well i was blessed to be born into a family where football is our religion!! Since we lived in Seattle, WA we never got Minnesota Vikings games!! We had to go out and buy the NFL Sunday Ticket by Direct TV!!! I love it!! Especially if you are big into Fantasy football, it is a big help to be able to flip back and forth between the Vikings and watching your other players!!! I love it!!!

:sad: I have Dish Network and they don't carry NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm thinking of switching but the difference between their basic packages is almost $20/month. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep going to the bar to watch the Vikes.

Ltrey33
06-08-2006, 09:51 PM
NFL SUNDAY TICKET! OH YES!!

crazyB
06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
wish i could see more game's i only have sky tv so sky sport's and nasn, if they don't show it then i miss it.
have not tryed the internet to watch game's what is it like?..

PurplePeopleEaters
06-08-2006, 09:54 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The greatest invention known to mankind.

miakurtzy07
06-08-2006, 10:40 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket

Bheadgood
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Well I have had the ticket since it was out but last year I parked my ass on a hard wood bar stool from 11 am till the sunday nighter was over. The bar tender wouldnt allow the vikes to be on the large screen unless we were .500 or better. I couldnt hear them call the games due to Chiefs games or other games that had contenders. Im charged this year to go in there and have the games on when the chiefs are not. This guy laughs and says we will be below .500. I wear my purple win or lose and the regulars there will be high five ing me this year instead of buying me beers all day out of simpathy. Skol and lets roll........

Mr Anderson
06-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I mooch off of my friend with sunday ticket.

scottishvike
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Last year I listened on internet radio The Game Live (http://www.thegamelive.com/index.php), which is free, someone here posted the link so thanks who ever it was :grin: . This coming season I will try out stream tv as it has had a lot of positive accounts here.

PurplePride80
06-08-2006, 11:01 PM
http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22209

vikesoto
06-08-2006, 11:06 PM
I watch all the games with the Southern California Viking Club in Irvine ,CA....

There are lot's of Viking fan clubs throughout the US....

Maybe there is one near where you live......

http://www.vikingsclub.com/links/national.html

GFreeman44
06-09-2006, 12:00 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

What he said! Gotta love Direct TV. Living in Maryland they only show Redskins and Ravens games on local coverage. If they are not playing, they will usually go with the Eagles or Giants. So, I got tired of having to go out to a sportsbar and deal with driving home after drinking, so I splurged for Sunday Ticket and I love it!

DarrinNelsonguy
06-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Thank God I live in Viking country so I don't have to worry about it, but if I was to ever move it would be Sunday Ticket all the way.

Bheadgood
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Ya I dont care to be hammed all day and dont care for Chief fans. I may spring for the dish again.

Prophet
06-09-2006, 12:16 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22209

I knew this topic was floating around.

singersp
06-09-2006, 12:51 AM
How do you out-of-towners watch Vikings games?

If it isn't a home game, Um, I always watch it from out-of-town.

Duh! :grin:

VikesfaninWis
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM
I try and get to 1 home game, and the game against the cheese in Wisconsin.. When I am not able to get to a live game, I watch the games on my NFL package through Dish Network..

HandsTeam
06-09-2006, 12:59 AM
I just moved to Saint Paul, but I lived in Wausau, WI previously. The town is on the Eastside of the state for those that don't know WI. I would go to Buffalo Wild Wings. It was the only place in town that had the game. Good to be Minnesota now, plus I don't have to deal with Packer fans that much anymore.

KY Vike
06-09-2006, 01:00 AM
could someone explain in detail how i can get streaming games from the internet, and if it is worth it.

donjen95
06-09-2006, 01:13 AM
NFL Sunday Ticket for the past 4 years. other wise it would be just the jetsor giants for me. Thank God for Directv.

farvathevikinglover
06-09-2006, 01:15 AM
I live in Michigan, so I get to watch when they play the Lions. I can also see the Vikes when they are nationally televised (Monday Sep 11 at the Redskins and Monday Oct 30 vs the Patriots)
and they're sometimes shown if they play at a different time than the Lions. Otherwise I gamecast online.

FedjeViking
06-09-2006, 01:48 AM
"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Site looks good, but how much do they charge? I couldn't find a price page, only that they only accept PayPal.

VKG4LFE
06-09-2006, 01:52 AM
I get to see some of the games, but my mom tapes all the games for me and mails them to me the next day. It's awesome!!

V-Unit
06-09-2006, 02:24 AM
The Sports bar is a great place!

petrodemos
06-09-2006, 02:33 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I get to see some of the games, but my mom tapes all the games for me and mails them to me the next day. It's awesome!!

you have the best mom EVER!

norseforce
06-09-2006, 03:21 AM
have you ever heard of direct tv(satellite)

NordicNed
06-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Last year was the first year I actually had the Direct TV hooked up, and I purchased the NFL Game Day Package.....I'll probably be doing the same.

Plus I flew out to see the game with Singer and Caine, the last game of the year, Vikings VS Bears at the dome......Had dinner the night before with Singer, Vikings_Queen, her boyfriend and Shockzilla and his Wife.

A trip I'll never forget.

This year I hope to make two games in Minny and I'll for sure get the NFL Package again with my Direct TV.......

Vike_Turner
06-09-2006, 03:32 AM
I found these terrible beams being fired from space into my backyard in the great white north. I pointed a couple satellite dishes at them and hooked up a fta receiver, and bingo-bango I got what you Yanks call dishnetwork. I get almost every game every week on the local and regional networks. That'll teach those beams for trespassing in my yard!

Some weekends I will go to a local watering hole to take in a game, and about 3 or 4 times I year I bite the bullet and drive the 8 hours down there to see it in person.

Schulzy
06-09-2006, 03:48 AM
sunday ticket....I can see the vikes every week end and switch over to the blooper chanel and watch the fuge pack get packed

6-KINGS
06-09-2006, 03:53 AM
"sodaknick" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

You must be to young to remember The Cartoon Luno and little Jimmy.

YogidAbEAR
06-09-2006, 03:58 AM
i have to settle for whatever games are being showed that week, maybe see 7 games a year

Zeus
06-09-2006, 04:15 AM
"petrodemos" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah - that's even better than the kid I grew up with whose mom bought him Penthouse!

=Z=

singersp
06-09-2006, 04:18 AM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"sodaknick" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

You must be to young to remember The Cartoon Luno and little Jimmy.

The boys name was Tim. Luno & Tim rocked! It ranked right up there with Beanie & Cecil.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/lunologo.jpg

Vikaholic
06-09-2006, 04:21 AM
In Houston I go to ye olde sports bars and try to see a road game. Last year went to Green Bay with my best friend who is a FudgePacker fan. That was a sweet experience I'll never forget. The new stadium needs to be open... Houston's retractable roof sucks! At least when they played the Vikes a couple years ago it was open. SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vikes2456
06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
NFL games stats/play by play thingy :(

vikinginvirginia
06-09-2006, 04:56 AM
I have had Directv Nfl sunday Ticket for about 8 years. Otherwise. its a steady diet of Redskins. We moved last year and now I enjoy my viking games, in my viking room, with a high def tv and surround sound. Directv does about 5 or 6 games each weekend in high def and there is no comparison versus regular tv.

Vike_Turner
06-09-2006, 04:59 AM
"vikes2456" wrote:

Your not watching the games by the nfl.com game center are you? If so that is rough. I have had to do that for a few close games ending and it is painful. You should find a place nearby that sells cheap beers and go watch the game on a big screen or something.

WBLVikeBabe
06-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Reading these posts makes me even more glad that I live in Minnesota! Sorry to rub it in but I don't know how you out of towners do it. Some of you not being able to watch the game every week, I would go insane!

i_bleed_purple
06-09-2006, 05:08 AM
you know whats worse, when there is a nationally televised game such as last year's game vs. pittsburgh, but in my reigon, for some reason the station will air something else instead of the game. for me i usually only get to watch whatever's on regular TV, and sometimes if there's a good game not aired, we'll buy it as a PPV. for like 8$. I know its pretty harsh. last season i didn't get to watch a game untill either the packers game.

RussianNorman
06-09-2006, 05:11 AM
Last season I watched just 3 games (1 - home, and 2 - in casino). :cry:
In season 2004/05 I saw 8 games because then for Vikings play Moss (everyone wanted watch Randy and polled for Vikings) and Minnesota made playoff. All playoff game can see in my country. I hope in this year we will be there.

gpless05
06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
i live in Wyoming so u get to watch two of the closest teams which are broadcasted...the donkeys!!!! boooo! or the Vikings...!!!!! Now who the hell you think im gonna chose

kramer9guy
06-09-2006, 05:50 AM
"sodaknick" wrote:

I was just wondering how it is that some of you from outside the region (Rapid City, SD is still very much Vikings country), especially those of you who are out of the country, watch Vikings games? Cable? Satellite? Radio?
Just curious.

The usual, Directv. And, also going to see at least one live game somewhere every season if I can.

Last season, @ the Bengals (what a game!), and in 2003, @ Phoenix, the infamous last second heartbreaker (what a friggin' game!!!).

I've also seen many games @ Lambeau Field throughout the years as a kid growing up in Green Bay. My Dad took the picture below of Tommy Kramer at Lambeau while I stood next to his his side (my Dad's). He yelled, "Tommy! Tommy!" (we were all dressed up in our purple) and Kramer looked over and smiled for the photo (in the pic you can see Steve Jordan on the bench and Darren Nelson walking the sidelines).

Great childhood memory.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/348/kramer6860ch.jpg

faninphx
06-09-2006, 06:58 AM

I'm in the same boat you are. I hate it, but it's all I have.

olson_10
06-09-2006, 07:43 AM
nfl sunday ticket

digital420
06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
"faninphx" wrote:

up intill recently i was either..

listening to the internet broadcast from the nfl and watching the stats/play thingy..

or just watching the stats/play things.. and on the phone with my dad (many phone cards!!!)

it's the harsh part of being in greece i guess. though i heard sky is gonna offer the nfl package again!! maybe i can watch a game or 2!!

DiGiTaL

so-cal vike
06-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Like many here, I don't have Direct TV so no NFL package. On the rare occasions when they play on the west coast I try to see them live, otherwise it's however I can. TV (home or bar), FM Radio, Sirius Radio, NFL.com stats ticker.

AngloVike
06-09-2006, 09:51 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Reading these posts makes me even more glad that I live in Minnesota! Sorry to rub it in but I don't know how you out of towners do it. Some of you not being able to watch the game every week, I would go insane!
certainly makes for some interesting locations and ways of listening to the game - I was in a hotel room in Milan listening to the Vikes/Packers game at the Dome last season via Field Pass ... anyone walking past the room would have been wondering what the hell all the noise was about in my room, especially with that great second half. Mywife was texting me as well as she was seeing updates on the NFL show on the satellite back home plus I was logged onto the PP.O chatroom as well - information overload or what ???? :lol: :lol:

Caine
06-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Personally, I use my eyes. If there is another method out there, I am unaware of it.

Oh, and I have NFL Sunday Ticket.

Caine

vikesbest98
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
NFL Sunday Ticket from Directv of course is there any other way. cause who wants to watch the skins, ravens, or cowboys. GO VIKES!!

sleepagent
06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
When we lived in Detroit, MI we saw the games on TV quite a bit. Living out here in Northeastern PA (Home of the Giants, Jets, & Eagles) we rarely see 'em unless its in primetime. Mostly follow on the computer, which sucks, but beats nothing!

cogitans
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Site looks good, but how much do they charge? I couldn't find a price page, only that they only accept PayPal.

If I remember correctly it is $3 a month

RandyMoss8404
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
WE don't, unless the Vikes play the bears :-

sodaknick
06-09-2006, 04:23 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

I just signed up yesterday. I think it's $3.87 a month. It's pretty cool. I watched the NBA finals game last night because all of the other TVs were taken and I wanted to try it out. There's some great stuff on there. I'll be interested to see how it works for the NFL. I also wonder how they can even do it. It makes me wonder if it's illegal.

PAvikesfan
06-09-2006, 04:54 PM
whenever they are on regular tv and now the nfl network. and i usually go to the bar once to watch their nfl sunday ticket and usually go to my friend's house once to watch his nfl sunday ticket. other than that, i listen on internet radio with field pass. i stay connected... i used to get sunday ticket but the funds just are not there this season.

NordicNed
06-09-2006, 04:56 PM
"sodaknick" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

I just signed up yesterday. I think it's $3.87 a month. It's pretty cool. I watched the NBA finals game last night because all of the other TVs were taken and I wanted to try it out. There's some great stuff on there. I'll be interested to see how it works for the NFL. I also wonder how they can even do it. It makes me wonder if it's illegal.

Not a bad deal for you oversea'ers........thats less than half of what I pay for the Direct TV NFL Package...

Bdubya
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
"sodaknick" wrote:

I was just wondering how it is that some of you from outside the region watch Vikings games?

Normally, I'm curled up in the fetal position

FedjeViking
06-09-2006, 07:02 PM
"sodaknick" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"simonsparre" wrote:

"tony_u" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Thanks, I think I can afford that! I already did the rest of the stuff they said to do, just in case! :lol:

cajunvike
06-09-2006, 07:38 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

"sodaknick" wrote:

I was just wondering how it is that some of you from outside the region watch Vikings games?

Congrats on the GM status!

Sorry about the fetal thing...but that's what you get when you watch the games with Packer fans! :razz:

Bdubya
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Bdubya" wrote:

"sodaknick" wrote:

Congrats on the GM status!

Sorry about the fetal thing...but that's what you get when you watch the games with Packer fans! :razz:

Thanks! And as GM, my first move is to release Cajun....I'm sorry, but we can't afford to have that kind of post count anymore. :grin:

oddjob142
06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
How do I watch the games? Well being in Houston, TX...

FIRST: I pray that the crappy Texans or Dallas Cowboys are not playing at the same time;

SECOND: I hope the Vikes are playing well..

THIRD: I pray they are playing a decent team so that they televise it.

For really important games (i.e. pittsburgh last year) I go to a bar or resturaunt to watch it. Sometimes I get lucky and the Vikes actually play the Texans. I love it when that happens. So, to sum it up, I dont actually get to watch many Vikings games here in TX

=(

vikesoto
06-09-2006, 10:35 PM
"faninphx" wrote:

You should look up the Arizona Viking Fan Club...

vikesoto
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.vikingsclub.com/links/national.html

triedandtruevikesfan
06-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm hoping maybe next year to be able to get the ticket for now... I listen to PA on a KFAN affiliate, watch on gametracker and of course pp.o chat. This year the Bears/Vikings schedule should allow me to get more games then I did last year. I'm the kind of girl that can't go to the bar by themself so I won't be going to any local bars to watch the games.

IpartyWithSmoot
06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
I have to use espn.com's gamecast. It can be slow at times but it gets the job done. Nothing like watching those 3 points go up on the board when Edinger hit that 56 yarder against the Pack last season.

oakmage
06-10-2006, 04:35 AM
I do what any person with a brain would do if they live in California and that is to use NFL Sunday Ticket with DirecTV and watch the games that way. Also I had to get the big screen with HD because that is the only way to truly enjoy watching the Vikings kick some Packer butt.

vikesoto
06-10-2006, 04:43 AM
If you live in So Cal...check out the Southern California Viking Club..

www.scvc.com

We watch ALL the games on Sunday ticket and do road trips each year to Minnesota .

This year we're gonna go to the 49ers game in San Fagc!sco.....

damien927
06-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Directv sunday ticket....... I chose them as my provider simply because they were the only ones that could provide all Vikings games....

Hopefully by mid-season I don't need it anymore..... My wife and I might be making a MN comeback for good.... I can't wait...

Wyndy11
06-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I've been pretty lucky I live about an hour from GB and I've only missed a couple of games. We catch most of them on TV/Cable. If not the Internet.

Perch56
06-12-2006, 01:25 AM
i live in mi so it is hard to watch all of them so i hope it is on fox or it is a mon or sun game. if not the only time is when they play the peckers, lions, or bears

VKG4LFE
06-24-2006, 05:17 AM
"petrodemos" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, she rules. Sometimes she messes up and starts them a little late (misses kickoff or something) but for the last three years she's done good work!

eelpout72
06-24-2006, 05:36 AM
im so bummed. Ive watched vikes for the past 4 years with Directv sunday ticket. Living in NY, i even invited some friends (who are packer fans) over to watch the vikes/pack games every year. I recently moved and bought a really nice LCOS 60" Sony and then ordered a high def tuner so that i could watch every vikes game in HD. Directv came to my house to install and said that they couldnt get reception with the HD satelite. I now have cable and am able to watch only the select games when vikings are nationally televised. :sad:

farvathevikinglover
06-24-2006, 05:38 AM
"eelpout72" wrote:

im so bummed. Ive watched vikes for the past 4 years with Directv sunday ticket. Living in NY, i even invited some friends (who are packer fans) over to watch the vikes/pack games every year. I recently moved and bought a really nice LCOS 60" Sony and then ordered a high def tuner so that i could watch every vikes game in HD. Directv came to my house to install and said that they couldnt get reception with the HD satelite. I now have cable and am able to watch only the select games when vikings are nationally televised. sadi dont even have cable. i have local tv. i'll get to see them nationally televised or when they face the Lions

elgordo
06-24-2006, 05:57 AM
NFL Sunday Ticket for 9 years now.....couldn't live without it.

BadlandsVikings
06-24-2006, 06:00 AM
"eelpout72" wrote:

im so bummed. Ive watched vikes for the past 4 years with Directv sunday ticket. Living in NY, i even invited some friends (who are packer fans) over to watch the vikes/pack games every year. I recently moved and bought a really nice LCOS 60" Sony and then ordered a high def tuner so that i could watch every vikes game in HD. Directv came to my house to install and said that they couldnt get reception with the HD satelite. I now have cable and am able to watch only the select games when vikings are nationally televised. :sad:

Nice TV :grin:

YogidAbEAR
06-24-2006, 06:06 AM
"eelpout72" wrote:

that sucks :sad:

GoVikes11
06-24-2006, 06:26 AM
Sunday Ticket. Wow I just thought back to the days a while back when I would sit at my computer refreshing the score on espn.com and circling the one or two telivised games on my calender and counting down.

Sunday Ticket saved my life

PacNWVike
06-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I used to go to a friend's home who had the old NASA sized sat dish. Then Dishnetwork/Direct essentially put them out of business so we found a great bar/eatery that has about 30 TVs and sat hook-up. There are enough Viking fans around here so we all get together, eat breakfast and cheer our guys on. The rest of the team fans are pretty cool, even the local cheesediks...

eelpout72
06-24-2006, 03:43 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"petrodemos" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, she rules. Sometimes she messes up and starts them a little late (misses kickoff or something) but for the last three years she's done good work!

would your mom mail me some games too? :wink:

I guess that i could ask my mom but she still doesnt know how to run the vcr.

Del Rio
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
On Tv

LaZyDaN
06-25-2006, 01:48 AM
first of all, i'm new to this forum so just wanted to say hi to everyone. it's great to be around other vikings fans. i live in chicago and vikes fans can be hard to find around here. and bears fans can be funny sometimes.. whenever the bears win 2 games in a row it's 1985 again and everyone thinks we're going to the superbowl, LOL.

anyway, i usually watch vikings games on directv. it's kind expensive considering the only game i have time to watch is the vikes game. but i've done the "watch the stats move on the internet" thing in the past too when i didn't have sunday ticket... u kinda feel like a nerd doing it but it's better than nothing, right? =P

michaelmazid
06-25-2006, 01:58 AM
direct tv baby. its the biggest rip off on the planet but oh well...

coreyd
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM
I live in MN now but when I didnt it was Direct all the way!!

ultravikingfan
06-25-2006, 02:23 AM
I have my priorities straight when it comes to providing for my family...but the Sunday Ticket is the most important thing for me.

FedjeViking
06-25-2006, 04:20 AM
"LaZyDaN" wrote:

first of all, i'm new to this forum so just wanted to say hi to everyone. it's great to be around other vikings fans. i live in chicago and vikes fans can be hard to find around here. and bears fans can be funny sometimes.. whenever the bears win 2 games in a row it's 1985 again and everyone thinks we're going to the superbowl, LOL.

anyway, i usually watch vikings games on directv. it's kind expensive considering the only game i have time to watch is the vikes game. but i've done the "watch the stats move on the internet" thing in the past too when i didn't have sunday ticket... u kinda feel like a nerd doing it but it's better than nothing, right? =P

Go to the "Free Beer" section and introduce yourself proper. Everyone may not see it in this tread, but almost all see the new introductions! :lol:

BadlandsVikings
06-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Welcome LaZyDaN

kjdaddy
06-25-2006, 05:26 AM
The NFL Sunday ticket baby!! I always go if they come here (Dallas or Houston) and I usually come up for one home game.

PsychoViking
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Direct Tv....I live in Northern Indiana,and all that is shown localy are boars and colt games.

wv__viking__fan
06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Direct TV's Sunday Ticket. The greatest thing ever created. That's how I watch my Vikings games.