PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Tidbits 06/08/06

singersp
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
From KFFL;

Vikings | Williamson does not practice Wednesday
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:00:41 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson (hip) sat out practice Wednesday, June 7. Williamson is recovering from surgery to remove an abscess from his hip. The team is hopeful he can return for minicamp.

Vikings | Johnson getting work at starting right tackle
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:49:47 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are determined to give every opportunity for RT Marcus Johnson to start at right tackle.

Vikings | Rosenthal works with the second team
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:46:59 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RT Mike Rosenthal worked with the second team Wednesday, June 7.

Vikings | Fason has hamstring injury
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:02:05 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Ciatrick Fason (hamstring) was limping around with a sore right hamstring during organized team activities Wednesday, June 7

Vikings | Fox could battle for nickel back spot
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:01:49 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Dustin Fox could compete for the team's nickel back position.

Vikings | Whitaker could battle for nickel back spot
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:01:38 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker could compete for the team's nickel back position.

Vikings | Edwards getting looks at nickel back
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:00:31 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Dovonte Edwards received most of the snaps as the team's first option at nickel back Wednesday, June 7.

Vikings | Hosack making impression through OTAs
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:00:14 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Aaron Hosack appears to be performing well during organized team activities. Hosack has made numerous catches in traffic during the team's seven-on-seven drills. At 6-5, 210 pounds, Hosack is a big target for quarterbacks and appears to be a force against smaller defensive backs.

singersp
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
With Marcus Johson working with the 1st team & Rosenthal with the 2nd team, perhaps Childress has decided who he would like the starting RG to be.

Zeus
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
"singersp" wrote:

With Marcus Johson working with the 1st team & Rosenthal with the 2nd team, perhaps Childress has decided who he would like the starting RG to be.

I thought that was penciled in to be Artus Hicks....

=Z=

Bdubya
06-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Apparently there is a lot of competition for the Nickleback. That's always good to hear.

Benet
06-08-2006, 03:22 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

=Z=

That's what I thought.. Johnson is going to be Right Tackle, and Hicks was traded in to be the starting Right Guard.

Redmption
06-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I would like to see Hosack crack the #4 WR spot, become the redzone threat

boognish
06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
"Benet" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

=Z=

That's what I thought.. Johnson is going to be Right Tackle, and Hicks was traded in to be the starting Right Guard.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. I'd be surprised if Johnson wasn't our RT and Childress has basically told Hicks that the RG position is his to lose.

We should have a beastly line!

jargomcfargo
06-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm a bit concerned about the duration of this abcess problem.

Usually with a drain and antibiotics it can take awhile to resolve.

But this appears to be taking a little longer than I would expect.

Anyone else concerned?

tiersius
06-08-2006, 04:32 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

I'm a bit concerned about the duration of this abcess problem.

Usually with a drain and antibiotics it can take awhile to resolve.

But this appears to be taking a little longer than I would expect.

Anyone else concerned?I wouldn't be concerned yet.

I thought I heard at the time that he may be held out 'till training camp but that they were hopefull that he may be able to partake in the last of the OTAs.

cogitans
06-08-2006, 04:48 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

I would like to see Hosack crack the #4 WR spot, become the redzone threatI see Marcus Robinson in that spot.

Hosack is competing with McMullen for the #5 spot on the team

sodaknick
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

I would like to see Hosack crack the #4 WR spot, become the redzone threatI see Marcus Robinson in that spot.

Hosack is competing with McMullen for the #5 spot on the team

Hosack and McMullen are very similar players. Both are big targets that can smash smaller DB's. It seems natural that these two are battling for the same spot, wherever that is (probably #5).

viks_fan21
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
We need to cut loose Marcus Robinson, there, I said it.

McMullen has proven to be a capable #4 (it doesn't take much).

Then our 5 and 6 will hopefully be Hoag, Hosack, or Nealy.

ChiTownVike
06-08-2006, 05:56 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

Apparently there is a lot of competition for the Nickleback. That's always good to hear.

Looks like it.

Out of all of those I want Davonte Edwards. Just because he OWNED Farve last year!

Wiggles67
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I really like all of our young DB's we have great depth and as long as these guys keep developing the way they have been we should have an incredible secondary over the next few years

ItalianStallion
06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Why are people so down on Marcus, he is a more reliable target than Travis Taylor.

Wiggles67
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Why are people so down on Marcus, he is a more reliable target than Travis Taylor.because I cannot recall him catching a pass that wasnt a jump ball or in the red zone last year. he is too old and slow to be considered an every down threat.