PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Opponent in Regular Season

Kleinsasser40
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Who do youguys think the toughest team will be for us to beat this year in the regular season. I personally think it will be very tough to beat the Eagles this year, with how good they already were, and their offseason moves. What do you guys think?

VKG4LFE
08-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Either the Eagles or the Colts. Both on the road on Monday night. A close third to the pack at Lambeau!

Chicago Mike
08-24-2004, 11:12 AM
The FIRST one! ALWAYS! Doesn't matter who it is.

Gotta get that 1st win, under your belt.

Just so happens to be Dallas, on nat'l TV. A must win IMHO.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-24-2004, 11:13 AM
which ever team has a losing record when we play them!

Viking_Spirit
08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Eagles.

ItalianStallion
08-24-2004, 11:19 AM
lol, TnT. I agree, if it isn't the Colts, then it will be the worst team on our schedule.

whackthepack
08-24-2004, 11:31 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

which ever team has a losing record when we play them!

Very true TNT, we have to stop playing down to the level of the either team.

UTVikfan
08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Maybe if Tice bills the Chicago games as a "cake walk", instead of a "Street fight"...I could be wrong. But I take Chicago, both times, as our toughest this year. Different teams match up in interesting ways. Easy teams, pose hardcore problems for really, really good teams, on occasion. Depends on the styles. If you think I had one two many, remember Tampa Bay. We split with them, what? 14 years?? If you still don't think so, look at what the MISERABLE Redskins did to Dallas every single time, in their triplet superbowl years. If you know an oldtime Dallas fan, bet you can mention those years and then the Redskins, and watch them CRINGE!

jackyl
08-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Eagles will be for the Vikes. Vikes will be for the Cowboys.

VKG4LFE
08-24-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't know, the cowboys play the eagles twice!!

jackyl
08-24-2004, 12:45 PM
True. But I still think that the Vikes are the toughest team in the NFC. I'd rather have to play the Eagles 3 times than the Vikings this year. Except for the fact that I can see them play at the Dome. lol

sitandbehitski
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Colts, hands down, Cotrell will have to come up with a hellofa gameplan to outwit Peyton, But I like the Winfield on Harrison Matchup.

bigdogbovy
08-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Toughest opponent?

Ourselves. If we can stay injury and mistqake free we can dominate any team in the league. We have that kind of talent.

sdvikefan
08-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah I agree that stretch where we play Indy on Monday night and then in Lambeau will be tough.

That is yet another reason why we have to beat the Giants before that. Aside from them being our biggest non-division rivals IMO, it is important that the Vikings win that last home game before a tough road trip.

Kleinsasser40
08-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I dont know if the Lambeau game will be taht bad actually. It seems that we get mor pumped up when we play there then when we play at the Dome vs the pack. Maybe both teams get excited at the chance to take down their opponent in their own house.

RK.
08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
I have to go with the colts. Dungee is a great coach and will be ready for us.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-25-2004, 04:33 PM
"RK" wrote:

You know... if I didn't know the vikings history well I would say that too. However look how many people thought that we were gonna lose to the Chiefs last year. They were having an unbelievable season... and not only did we win the game we man handled them! The tough teams don't scare me. For reasons I can't comprehend when we play those teams we look like the best team in the NFL... its the teams that are below .500 that scare the hell outta me!!!

RK.
08-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Well I am thinking that Tice learned his lesson last year about not being ready for lesser teams and letting them stay in the game till the end. At least I hope so. :shock: Don't get me wrong I think we will beat the Colts. I just think they will give us the most trouble. Our new LB corp will be put to the test in that game. 8)

sdvikefan
08-25-2004, 05:33 PM

"RK" wrote:

You know... if I didn't know the vikings history well I would say that too. However look how many people thought that we were gonna lose to the Chiefs last year. They were having an unbelievable season... and not only did we win the game we man handled them! The tough teams don't scare me. For reasons I can't comprehend when we play those teams we look like the best team in the NFL... its the teams that are below .500 that scare the hell outta me!!!

Yeah I can't comprehend it either. We beat four playoff teams last year (Seahawks, Chiefs, Packers, Broncos) and also lost to the four worst teams in the league (Giants, Raiders, Chargers, Cardinals). I don't know of any other team that manages to have a season like that.

But this year the Vikings have a tougher schedule than they did last year. I am hoping we can rise to the occasion and play those teams to the level of their talent, which is good!

purplepat
08-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Actually, it will probably be the game against the Pack at Lambeau. The Vikings will be coming off a short week, having played a tough opponent in the Colts on the road on Monday Night Football. The Packers, however, will be well rested coming off of their bye week and of course will be pumped up to face the Vikings.

Two tough road games in slightly less than six days will be very tough indeed.

vikings_fan66
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM

"RK" wrote:

Great point tnt I totally agree. Its seems we play down to our oppenents level.

RK.
08-25-2004, 10:49 PM
its the teams that are below .500 that scare the hell outta me!!!
Well I can see where you are coming from about the Packers game. They will have a tough time being a .500 team this year. :bootyshake:

rkuriger04
08-25-2004, 11:09 PM
no offense to you "football experts"....but the eagles arent that spectacular....no good running game...and to is mcnabbs only reliable target... kearse is an injury caseand they lost their scondary

desertviking
08-25-2004, 11:11 PM
BigDog, You hit the nail of this topic right square on the HEAD :violent1: . Our Toughest Opponet will be Ourselves.Unfourtuanlly it is the TRUTH.
I wish it was not that way and hope that some day our chemistry and personal issues our out wieghed by the self worth and future benefit of the team as a whole!!! Until that happens we will alway be our own worst enemy!!!!!