PDA

View Full Version : Vikings sign 10 scouts

singersp
06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Posted on Mon, Jun. 05, 2006

Vikings sign 10 scouts

The Vikings officially re-signed nine scouts and added another Monday morning, the team announced.

Paul Wiggin, Jeff Robinson, Frank Acevedo and Ryan Monnens are listed as pro scouts, while Frank Gilliam, Conrad Cardano, Kevin McCabe, Mike Sholiton, Jamaal Stephenson and Paul Roell are titled as regional scouts.

Roell just joined the Vikings after 15 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts as an area scout, most recently based in Kansas City, MO.

The only scout not retained was John Fitzpatrick.

The structure now has Rick Spielman as the vice president of player personnel, and Scott Studwell as director of college scouting.

Robinson, formerly the director of pro personnel, and Wiggin, formerly the senior consultant-pro personnel, are now listed as pro scouts, along with Acevedo and Monnens.

Everyone else retained the same titles.

Spielman did not make himself available for comment.

Vikings sign 10 scouts (http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/14745642.htm)

triedandtruevikesfan
06-05-2006, 09:26 PM
They should have hired me! I know what this team needs! :lol:

Bdubya
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind being the Caribbean scout for the Vikings. I could scope out talent on the beach. For the right price of course.

cajunvike
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

NO, TNT...you CAN'T personally interview all of the football players!!! :razz:

cajunvike
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

I wouldn't mind being the Caribbean scout for the Vikings. I could scope out talent on the beach. For the right price of course.

The only problem is that you would spend all of your time recruiting cheerleaders...on second thought, that's not a bad idea!!! :lol:

VikingKen
06-05-2006, 10:07 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Paul Roell is titled as regional scout. Roell just joined the Vikings after 15 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts as an area scout, most recently based in Kansas City, MO.

Cool the Vikings retained Roell! Now if they only would approve my contract for Maui Hawaii scout.

:rr:

editted because I spell like a cheesehead PHD

triedandtruevikesfan
06-05-2006, 10:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

NO, TNT...you CAN'T personally interview all of the football players!!! :razz:

Well why not? I would love to watch them work out!!

NordicNed
06-05-2006, 10:52 PM

Sorry TNT, most scouts have to travel and work in the field, not hide in the locker room and hang out in the shower stalls...... :lol:

singersp
06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Sorry TNT, most scouts have to travel and work in the field, not hide in the locker room and hang out in the shower stalls...... :lol:

She can hang out in my shower stall. :cool:

triedandtruevikesfan
06-05-2006, 11:55 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

LOL!!!!!! I would work!!

cajunvike
06-06-2006, 12:08 AM

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

LOL!!!!!! I would work!!

Yeah...riiiiight...you would be shakin' those moneymakers at the players and gettin' them all hot and bothered! :lol:

Bdubya
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM

"singersp" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

LOL!!!!!! I would work!!

You were on the Love Boat weren't you?!

cajunvike
06-06-2006, 12:34 AM
So...does that make Spielman the Scoutmaster?

Prophet
06-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Wow, miss a day and Spielman becomes Scoutmaster and TNT is turning tricks in the locker room :shock:?

triedandtruevikesfan
06-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Hey now!!!!! I want my boys to perform on the FIELD... there would be no scandalous locker room events to get them in trouble!!

Wiggles67
06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
this isnt what I was expecting to read about at all in this thread...but hey it made me laugh thanks guys

triedandtruevikesfan
06-06-2006, 01:06 AM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

this isnt what I was expecting to read about at all in this thread...but hey it made me laugh thanks guys

:oops: sorry!

Wiggles67
06-06-2006, 01:08 AM

"Wiggles67" wrote:

:oops: sorry!

I was being serious! After a long day at work that few minutes of laughing was exactly what I needed

triedandtruevikesfan
06-06-2006, 01:11 AM
:lol: In that case... I'm here to entertain!

singersp
06-06-2006, 03:49 AM

Hey now!!!!! I want my boys to perform on the FIELD... there would be no scandalous locker room events to get them in trouble!!

And my boys perform in the bedroom. :cool:

singersp
06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Vikings: Former Colts scout joins revised department

Last update: June 05, 2006 – 7:56 PM

Paul Roell, who spent the past 15 seasons as a scout for the Indianapolis Colts, has replaced John Fitzpatrick as a Vikings regional scout, the team revealed Monday as part of an announcement regarding its restructured scouting department.

Meanwhile, the Vikings re-signed their other nine scouts, whose contracts expired June 1. Team officials, including Rick Spielman, who heads the scouting department as the new vice president of player personnel, and Scott Studwell, the team's director of college scouting, declined comment.

Paul Wiggin and Jeff Robinson were retained and given different titles. Wiggin, the former senior consultant-pro personnel, and Robinson, the former director of pro personnel, are now listed as pro scouts.

Also re-signed were Frank Acevedo and Ryan Monnens as pro scouts, and Frank Gilliam, Conrad Cardano, Kevin McCabe, Mike Sholiton and Jamaal Stephenson as regional scouts.

Jerry Reichow, the former Vikings player who has been part of the team's scouting department the past 40 years, is considering retirement. For the time being, he is still listed as a national scout.

MARK CRAIG

Vikings: Former Colts scout joins revised department (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/475083.html)