PDA

View Full Version : NFL Crystal Ball: Childress headed out, McKinnie to Miami

singersp
06-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Entire article: NFL Crystal Ball Time (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/06/03/nfl_crystal_ball_time.php)

COJOMAY
06-04-2006, 02:36 PM
The guys a writer for the Buffalo Bills! He'd slam any one and anything but the Bills!

PurpleTide
06-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I hope our team chemistry is better than what I've just read. The loss of CPEP is gonna hurt, especially if Brad gets hurt. But can we afford to lose Bryant also. I know Childress has a plan...... argggg.....
Thanks Singersp, it's 7:48am and I'm ready for a beer now.. Skol

jdvike
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
What a load of crap....they will let any idiot write a blog nowadays.

ejmat
06-04-2006, 03:51 PM
This guy only tells half the story. He talks about how Childress traded Pep. That's true but he doesn't say that Pep started the entire process with his e-mails. You can't blame Brad for requesting Pep do his rehab in MN. Pep was against it from the beginning. He didn't even want to meet face to face with Brad before any of that went down. pep was being resistant from the very beginning.

He talks about what happened with McKinney in the draft. That was 4 years ago. However, there is a good possibility he ends up in Miami. He loves it there and now that Pep is there, he definately wants to be there. However the Hutch contract has nothing to do with whether or not they re-sign him. The clause is up after the last game of next season. At that time they can pay him what they want. Not that he deserves to make more than Hutch at this point in his career.

I do agree Childress has said one or two things he shouldn't have but the guy is in a learning process. Those kind of things will stop.

NordicNed
06-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I think this guy is smoking crack, and on top of that he should be in the speical olympics as a competitor......

How the hell do some of these guys get their jobs and how the hell could this guy consider himself a sports writer.....He obviously knows nothing about football....

Bill's great Draft?........I don't think so.....LMFAO

twill
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
if mckinney and hutch have a great year, which they will.. and i think this is the year mckinney will goto the pro bowl, theres no way minny will let him go so easy. there gonna lock him up long term. i guess this season decides it.

singersp
06-04-2006, 04:14 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

This guy only tells half the story. He talks about how Childress traded Pep. That's true but he doesn't say that Pep started the entire process with his e-mails. You can't blame Brad for requesting Pep do his rehab in MN. Pep was against it from the beginning. He didn't even want to meet face to face with Brad before any of that went down. pep was being resistant from the very beginning.

I never had & never will have a problem with DC rehabing in Miami prior to the mini camp. All indications have been that his recovery was going well there.

Childress claimed Winter Park had a better facility, yet he never saw it.

From what I read, it didn't sound like the Winter Park facility even had an up-to-date equipment room as Red never sunk a dime into the place. Not even to fix the leaky roof.

That is one reason Wilf is pumping $3 mil into the Winter Park facility to bring it up to snuff.

Wilfs are running first-class operation (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23080&highlight=wilf+winter+park)

PAvikesfan
06-04-2006, 04:24 PM
this article is long winded crap... using pro football talk opinion as a source. what a poop.

Jarlvik2006
06-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Just another "journalist" looking to gain notoriety through controversy.
I personally think he's just trying to get a job as either a Miami or Detroit "beat writer" by sucking up.
We'll know more about our team in a couple months and hopefully we won't be subjected to this tripe.

snowinapril
06-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Later, Childress' open and blatant character assassination attempts on a guy that each of the players in the locker room knew as a standup person and leader, had to call into question the players' respect for Childress as a person.

Speculation, but it could be a valid point IF Childress doesn't demonstrate high quality coaching on the field on Sundays. Most of the guys I think have been on the coaches side. They just were speaking their minds before the trade. When you are given lemons, you don't make OJ, you make Lemonade.

If Culpepper turns out to lead the Miami Dolphins to a significant amount of success, while the Vikings struggle under Childress, the trade will hang over his head for a long time and serve as a constant reminder of Childress' incompetence as a decision-maker.

Ya but, it doesn't mean he would have had success in MN. Oh well. I think both DC and BC will do well this year. Many PPOers were coming down on Ruesse and other MN writers for coming down hard on BC (not having coached a game yet), I think this look of "incompetence" is why.

My crystall ball is telling me that Rod Marinelli will lead a revival of tough man football in Detroit, and his team's discipline will edge them over the loosely-ranked Vikings in the quest to produce an NFC North team that can attempt to compete with the Bears. Brad Childress' coaching regime will end in failure within three years

Bullshit, an article like this will hang over your head, Chris Kouffman, for a long time and serve as a constant reminder of your incompetence as a sports writer.

thetrenches68OL
06-04-2006, 05:24 PM
a crystal ball eh??? sounds like this guy is all messed up lol

Ltrey33
06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
My crystall ball is telling me that Rod Marinelli will lead a revival of tough man football in Detroit, and his team's discipline will edge them over the loosely-ranked Vikings in the quest to produce an NFC North team that can attempt to compete with the Bears. Brad Childress' coaching regime will end in failure within three years.

First of all, he spelled crystal wrong.

Second of all, he says the Lions will compete with the Bears?! This guy is on crack.

Childress has been the coach for 4 months...cut the guy some slack. Let him play a game first! Geeze!

RK.
06-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Idiot. Crystal ball....... crystal meth is more like it. :lol:

VikesfaninWis
06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
All this from a guy that says the Lions are going to compete with the Bears for the division crown.. This guy is a moron.. They really shouldn't let this guy loose on a computer.. The Lions have always proved that they choke either at the start of the season, or at the end of it.. Marinelli is a first time HC as well, yet he snubs Childress and says that the Lions will contend. We will see..

ejmat
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

I never had & never will have a problem with DC rehabing in Miami prior to the mini camp. All indications have been that his recovery was going well there.

From what I read, it didn't sound like the Winter Park facility even had an up-to-date equipment room as Red never sunk a dime into the place. Not even to fix the leaky roof.

That is one reason Wilf is pumping $3 mil into the Winter Park facility to bring it up to snuff.

Wilfs are running first-class operation (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23080&highlight=wilf+winter+park)

Singer, I would have to agree with what you stated about Pep. All indications were that he was doing well. I can't argue that and I see Pep's reasoning. You couldn't blame Pep for that either. Don't brake what's not broken. I really didn't know about the poor conditions of the rehab facility. I look at it is DC being the leader of the team. That's the main reason why I think Childress wanted him there.

faninphx
06-04-2006, 06:43 PM
This guy is on the fringes of sports journalism. He just throws as much mud to the wall as he can and just hopes some will stick. He's nothing more than an internet blogger.

boognish
06-04-2006, 07:05 PM
This article is the biggest piece of crap I've ever read. Childress hasn't even coached a game yet and this bum says that Childress has "exhibited zero worthiness of being an NFL coach thus far". Huh? Childress has learned some lessons about media relations, but that has nothing to do with how he coaches the team on the field.

As for quoting all the players saying they wanted to keep Pep around, what were they supposed to say? They didn't know if he was coming back or not at that point; it would have been pretty dumb for them to say: "Pep is a small handed fumble machine coming off a potentially career ending injury and crying like a little biatch down in Florida"...but I guarentee a lot of them were thinking just that.

As for McKinnie, he has shown himself to be an average player at best thus far. If he turns it on and plays at an elite level this year, the Vikes will retain him; if not, there will be quite a few good LT's that will be FA's after this season, including: Bengals T Levi Jones, Jeff Backus of the Lions, and the Bills' Mike Gandy.

DarrinNelsonguy
06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

I think this guy is smoking crack, and on top of that he should be in the speical olympics as a competitor......

How the hell do some of these guys get their jobs and how the hell could this guy consider himself a sports writer.....He obviously knows nothing about football....

Bill's great Draft?........I don't think so.....LMFAO

I was thinking the same thing this guy must be on crack and WTF does he know about the Vikings he works for the Bills!

purplepride818
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
i think his crystal ball is broken.

Muggsy
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Youse mugs gotta be kiddin' me! Some punk writin' for da Buffalo Cowpies is actually sayin' Childress will be gone in tree years 'cause of da way he's been TALKIN'???

Oh, jeez, I wish I could have a payin' job writin' gaabage, y'know? :lol:

V-Unit
06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Wow, that was a waste of time.

whackthepack
06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

Singer, I would have to agree with what you stated about Pep. All indications were that he was doing well. I can't argue that and I see Pep's reasoning. You couldn't blame Pep for that either. Don't brake what's not broken. I really didn't know about the poor conditions of the rehab facility. I look at it is DC being the leader of the team. That's the main reason why I think Childress wanted him there.

That was not the only thing that happened and you guys have both been in on debates about C-pep since it happened you are not newbies, and you know the other things that C-pep did to get traded.

singersp
06-04-2006, 08:39 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

That was not the only thing that happened and you guys have both been in on debates about C-pep since it happened you are not newbies, and you know the other things that C-pep did to get traded.

Of course that wasn't the only thing that happened when DC orchestrated his way out of MN. But I'm just talking about this particular part of it in my post.

Both men were flexing their muscles & I believe that Mrs. Culpepper was a bigger part of it than most want to believe.

boognish
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

The voice of reason...Dainty wanted out of MN, period. He was embarrassed by the Love Boat episode and his fragile ego was hurt by the critical comments made by many fans regarding his play. The guy is a joke, who benefited from having defenses double and triple team Moss on every down. When faced with shifting, complicated defensive schemes he couldn't read or react to them in time.

Let's face it, the guy is dumber than a box-o-rocks and it's very doubtful that he'll ever become the QB that we all mistakenly thought he could become. His disdain for spending time watching film has been well documented and I don't believe he ever received the level of coaching necessary to be successful without a guy like Moss on the team. Brad Johnson isn't the answer either, but he'll be a nice stop-gap until we develop or sign our true QB of the future. No tears should be shed over Dainty; his career is over.

singersp
06-04-2006, 08:48 PM
"boognish" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

The voice of reason...Dainty wanted out of MN, period. He was embarrassed by the Love Boat episode and his fragile ego was hurt by the critical comments made by many fans regarding his play. The guy is a joke, who benefited from having defenses double and triple team Moss on every down. When faced with shifting, complicated defensive schemes he couldn't read or react to them in time.

Let's face it, the guy is dumber than a box-o-rocks and it's very doubtful that he'll ever become the QB that we all mistakenly thought he could become. His disdain for spending time watching film has been well documented and I don't believe he ever received the level of coaching necessary to be successful without a guy like Moss on the team. Brad Johnson isn't the answer either, but he'll be a nice stop-gap until we develop or sign our true QB of the future. No tears should be shed over Dainty; his career is over.

And if he does well in Miami, what are you going to say. "Chambers made Culpepper" or "Booker made Culpepper"?

ejmat
06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Listen we all know Pep has talent. I don't think anyone is disagreeing here. Bottom line is Pep did want out of MN. The only thing I did was look at what Singer stated and agreed that Pep had a right to stay in FL. IMO (without knowing the full story) I think he should have been in MN with the other players trying to learn the new system. It shows me he wanted out to begin with. No, I don't blame Pep for what he did. It's what he wanted to do> On the other hand, I don't blame Childress either. He wanted the supposed leader of his team to be in MN learning the playbook and gelling with the players and new coaching staff. Neither were wrong for that. As far as the rest of the stuff, yes Pep was way out of line going to the media with everything and being a whining biatch. Especially after having the season he did last year and the injury. I think that's all Singer and I were saying. I don't thinkk any of us disagree Pep was a whiner throughout the whole thing. However, he did what was best for him and you can't blame a guy for doing that.

Prophet
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Mount McKinnie is no different then any other player on the team, star or no start. If he wants to leave, send him off. If he wants to stay, pay him a competitive salary and keep him on the team. I could care less either way, no one player is bigger then the franchise.

PurplePeopleEaters89
06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
This is what the offseason does to people!! They have nothing better to write about until Training camp so they post crap to get some fans angry!!!

twill
06-05-2006, 02:15 AM
"purplepride818" wrote:

lol.. lol... ur not the only one that thinks that.. no one said it better bro.. :lol:

BadlandsVikings
06-05-2006, 02:22 AM
"twill" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

lol.. lol... ur not the only one that thinks that.. no one said it better bro.. lolSomeone needs to shove the crystal ball up his a$$.

ejmat
06-05-2006, 02:54 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

"purplepride818" wrote:

lol.. lol... ur not the only one that thinks that.. no one said it better bro.. lolSomeone needs to shove the crystal ball up his a$$.

Now that's the best thing I've heard all day

Vikes_King
06-05-2006, 03:01 AM
i concur!

singersp
06-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Never believe anyone who has glass balls.

Warp
06-05-2006, 03:54 AM
I dont agree with anything this guy says, especially his Lions predictions :lol: makes me laugh. And you can tell hes a homer when he says the bills had the best draft in 06 :lol: again makes me laugh.

cajunvike
06-05-2006, 04:19 AM
"After what could shape up to be a tough set of contract negotiations and a significant holdout, Vince Young will cry poormouth as the unwanted stepson of a coaching staff that preferred the white Matt Leinart, and a front office that refused to pay him his worth."

I hope to heck that his goofball agent doesn't resort to playing the race card...it will only make that doofus look even more incompetent than he already is!

shawn9876uss
06-05-2006, 05:09 AM
He thought childress was going to be fired months ago, what the hell does he know anyways.

singersp
06-05-2006, 05:12 AM
:scratch: Why can't he gaze into his crystal ball & see he has no future in sports writing?

BadlandsVikings
06-05-2006, 05:16 AM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

He thought childress was going to be fired months ago, what the hell does he know anyways.

:scratch: Don't you usually have a chance to do some work before your fired?

adamv
06-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Citing Pro Football Talk should give some insight into this journalists cred. That website is entertaining in the same way the grocery store National Inquirer magazines are entertaining. Next we'll be hearing Brad Johnson is pregnat w/ a 24 lbs alien baby from Zotork and Chad Greenway and Brad Pitt share the same father.

collegeguyjeff
06-05-2006, 08:56 AM
what a dumb article. that fool bad talks the vikings so much then ends it with the bills had the best draft in the afc. the only thing that would make their draft as good as it was is the fact that their team sucks and the players they got just look better. and since when was the detroit lions a tough guy football team?