PDA

View Full Version : VikingS & Chiefs to make peace

singersp
06-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Posted on Fri, Jun. 02, 2006

VIKINGS, CHIEFS TO MAKE PEACE

SHOOTER CHARLEY WALTERS
St. Paul Pioneer Press

Look for an announcement that the Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs will conduct an evening scrimmage Aug. 4 at training camp in Mankato, Minn.

The Chiefs will travel to Mankato from their training camp in River Falls, Wis. Coaches Brad Childress of the Vikings and Herman Edwards of the Chiefs will require that their players refrain from brawling, something the teams have a history of while playing each other.

Entire article: VIKINGS, CHIEFS TO MAKE PEACE (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14725424.htm)

bigdaddy72_1
06-02-2006, 11:08 PM
The coaches can try to stop the fighting, but it will probably happen anyway. I mean teammates fight with each other, most teams don't consider the season ready to begin without a fight. The only thing that stops this from happening during the season are the fines and suspensions.

vikesoto
06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I remember back in the mid 90"s I went with VikingPatrick to River Falls for a Vikes/Cheifs scrimmage and the funniest thing was all the Packer fans screaming...
"Do you know what state you're in .....'

We responded to them that they were in a state of confusion because the Cheesed!cks were NOWHERE around ......and to beat it !!!!

Ltrey33
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Ha! I'm going to miss those training camp brawls.

VikingPatrick
06-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Ah yes River Falls!!
thats where Men are Men and the sheep are damn proud of it!!
THose were the good ole days vikesoto!!
Hey....didnt you get arrested when we were there for harrassing an old lady wearing a Chief jersey?
I seem to recall you telling her to SHHHHUT UP!!
She had never seen a mexican before and you were proof positive that they actually DO exist!!
Ah the good ole days indeed!!!

singersp
06-03-2006, 12:57 PM
From KFFL;

Vikings | Team to scrimmage the Chiefs again
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:08:35 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs will conduct an evening scrimmage Aug. 4 at training camp in Mankato, Minn. The Chiefs will travel to Mankato from their training camp in River Falls, Wis.

Head coaches Brad Childress of the Vikings and Herman Edwards of the Chiefs will require that their players refrain from brawling, something the teams have a history of while playing each other.

magicci
06-03-2006, 08:46 PM
"VikingPatrick" wrote:

Ah yes River Falls!!
thats where Men are Men and the sheep are gol 'darnit proud of it!!
THose were the good ole days vikesoto!!
Hey....didnt you get arrested when we were there for harrassing an old lady wearing a Chief jersey?
I seem to recall you telling her to SHHHHUT UP!!
She had never seen a mexican before and you were proof positive that they actually DO exist!!
Ah the good ole days indeed!!!
when i went to minneapolis i was kinda shocked to see so many mexicans there and they even had a spanish radio station i was seriously tripping

DarrinNelsonguy
06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
We all will miss the brawls and old Coach Crybaby saying he wanted to shoot our players. lol

I especially liked the Lesnar getting in the middle of it all.

VikesfaninWis
06-03-2006, 09:44 PM
The reason why they brawled the last time was because of Brock Lesnar.. We both have new coaches, and different players. I am sure their will be level heads, and no fighting.

VikesfaninWis
06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
"singersp" wrote:

From KFFL;

Vikings | Team to scrimmage the Chiefs again
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:08:35 -0700

The Pioneer Press reports the Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs will conduct an evening scrimmage Aug. 4 at training camp in Mankato, Minn. The Chiefs will travel to Mankato from their training camp in River Falls, Wis.

Head coaches Brad Childress of the Vikings and Herman Edwards of the Chiefs will require that their players refrain from brawling, something the teams have a history of while playing each other.

:scratch: Isn't this article the same thing as the one you posted first? :razz:

PurplePeopleEaters89
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I think it still will happen!! A lot of guys are a little too excited about the season starting and they can't help themselves when it comes to fighting!!

Prophet
06-07-2006, 05:33 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Team will practice against Chiefs
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 07:19:20 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Minnesota Vikings will practice against the Kansas City Chiefs Aug. 4, during training camp. The teams will meet at the Vikings' camp in Mankato, Minn.

Bdubya
06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
There will be punches thrown. Childress and Herman won't stop that.

thetrenches68OL
06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

We all will miss the brawls and old Coach Crybaby saying he wanted to shoot our players. lol

I especially liked the Lesnar getting in the middle of it all.

i remember i saw lesner body slam one of their O- lineman lol it was funny stuff

Benet
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Love the training camp scrimmages.. When the tempers flair it shows us that they're actually trying and that the whole exercise is worth something!

And it was the only time Brock Lesnar was able to use his WWE skills on the NFL field!

V-Unit
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I think Childress and Edwards have much different coaching styles than their predecessors. They know the history between the two teams and will do everything they can to stop it. Some think that a little training camp tussle is no big deal, but it is absolutely pointless to lose a player before the season starts because of heated emotions. I hope the coaches exemplify their no nonsense attitudes by putting an end to what is rather childish behavior.

JDogg926
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Who cares if there's some shoving matches? It's football, it's supposed to be physical.

It probably happens between any 2 teams that have scrimmages like the Chiefs/Vikings do.

Considering they've been doing this every year for what seems like quite some time, I don't understand how it's making peace. Or did they not have one last year or did last year's end bad or something? I feel like there's something I don't know or don't remember here.

coreyd
06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Its going to happen. All the testorone building up in the cheeks of thier butts will indeed be let out. They are men. Its what we do. We fight to prove who is tougher.

And I recall a play during the preseason when we played Arizona and Brock was running down field full speed of a kick off. He layed the returner out and it was the hardest hit I seen that season. Granted he was cut five minutes later...lol.

shawn9876uss
06-07-2006, 06:56 PM
I agree that it is not worth loseing a player or players over scrimmages

V-Unit
06-07-2006, 07:02 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Who cares if there's some shoving matches? It's football, it's supposed to be physical.

It probably happens between any 2 teams that have scrimmages like the Chiefs/Vikings do.

Considering they've been doing this every year for what seems like quite some time, I don't understand how it's making peace. Or did they not have one last year or did last year's end bad or something? I feel like there's something I don't know or don't remember here.

These arenot shoving matches, these are brawls that have gotten worse and worse every year, to the point where significant practice time has been lost and bad blood has been spilt by both teams. I don't remember whether they cancelled any scrimmages last year, but they were definetly contemplating it, and some were doubtful they would meet again this year.

I can handle shoving matches, but the point of the practices is to get better at football, not fighting. The fights happen for usually dumb reasons that happen during every game in the regular season, but because the refs are more lax fights break out.

Vikes_King
06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
THANK YOU!! im young and dont have much cash lol, so i've wanted to see the vikings play for a long time, besides against each other @ training camp

every year (well, this will be the 3rd year) i go up to training camp with earsal mackbee & oscar reed (they run a program for innercity youth they bring down here to mankato, but my mom's friends with oscar so he lets us go) and go out on the field and get autographs and shit while everyone else is behind the fense, but i havnt actually seen a scrimage against another team

i'll be there =) and look for the pictures of both my trip w/ the alumni & the scrimage, finally something happening in my hometown =D