PDA

View Full Version : Tarvaris Jackson - "Sleeper to Star"



stateVIKE44
06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I checked and didnt see this posted yet. The vikings official web site had this article about Tarvaris Jackson.

Sleeper to Star? (http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_TJacksonNFLPA6106.html)

cajunvike
06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I sure hope that they are right!

vikinginvirginia
06-01-2006, 10:17 PM
He sounds like he has a great attitude. So, if he has the tools as the team tells us, he should work out okay. Time will tell.

Ltrey33
06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
It's kind of funny that Matt Jones was the starter @ Alabama, and they asked Tarvaris to switch positions and as it ends up Tarvaris is the NFL quarterback and Jones is the receiver.

NordicNed
06-01-2006, 10:35 PM
I've also said since we picked him up, I think this kid is going to shine in his own time.......

Let us hope so anyway........

Prophet
06-01-2006, 10:57 PM
KFFL
Vikings | T. Jackson eager to prove himself
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:35:18 -0700

Mike Donnelly, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson is out to prove people wrong for criticizing how early the Vikings drafted him. Projected by many as a fourth round selection in the 2006 NFL Draft, Jackson was drafted late in the second round instead. "A lot people have said it was a stretch picking me in the second round but everyone has their own opinion," said Jackson. "I like it, it's good for me because it's just extra motivation for me to go out there and work hard. I'm already a self-motivating person but that gives me an extra edge to work harder to prove them wrong."

ItalianStallion
06-01-2006, 10:59 PM
He certainly has all the support and coaching, in combination with his raw talent, to develop into a good QB. I just hope he is ready to play by next season.

SharperVikings
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

KFFL
Vikings | T. Jackson eager to prove himself
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:35:18 -0700

Mike Donnelly, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson is out to prove people wrong for criticizing how early the Vikings drafted him. Projected by many as a fourth round selection in the 2006 NFL Draft, Jackson was drafted late in the second round instead. "A lot people have said it was a stretch picking me in the second round but everyone has their own opinion," said Jackson. "I like it, it's good for me because it's just extra motivation for me to go out there and work hard. I'm already a self-motivating person but that gives me an extra edge to work harder to prove them wrong."

beautiful...just beautiful!!

If he leads the team this way, he will be a great piece of the puzzle!! :lol:

V4L
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Sounds like he has an amazing attitude and strong work ethic to go along with all the athletic ability we are looking for..

Let's hope this kid pans out and is the future star for us for years to come

digital420
06-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I can't wait to see how far he can throw it and how fast troy can run to catch it.


DiGiTaL

DarrinNelsonguy
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Let's hope is develops as everyone seems to think he can.

BadlandsVikings
06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Hope he learns quickly and can get it done when called upon.

Vikes_King
06-02-2006, 03:16 AM
cant wait to see how it works out, only time will tell

DaunteHOF
06-02-2006, 07:03 AM
TJ will be a stud, wait & see

bigdaddy72_1
06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"I like it, it's good for me because it's just extra motivation for me to go out there and work hard. I'm already a self-motivating person but that gives me an extra edge to work harder to prove them wrong."

These are the most promising two sentences that have surrounded this young man, thus far. I a particularly happ about the "self-motivating" part.

twill
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

Prophet
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

Thanks for the insight, I already feel enlightened.

twill
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

Thanks for the insight, I already feel enlightened.

no problem :lol:

Ltrey33
06-02-2006, 07:41 PM
"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

So are you saying we should give him a free pass because the Vikings f***ed up and picked him too high? Riiightt.....he was drafted in the 3rd round and he'll be viewed as a 3rd rounder! High expectations!

whackthepack
06-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Some news from the Vikings rookie voluntary camp today.

Tarvaris Jackson changed his number, he went from 2 to the # 7 after he talked JT O'sullivan out of that number.

cogitans
06-03-2006, 06:31 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Some news from the Vikings rookie voluntary camp today.

Tarvaris Jackson changed his number, he went from 2 to the # 7 after he talked JT O'sullivan out of that number.

I like that no. better for our future QB

twill
06-03-2006, 06:44 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

So are you saying we should give him a free pass because the Vikings f***ed up and picked him too high? Riiightt.....he was drafted in the 3rd round and he'll be viewed as a 3rd rounder! High expectations!

where did i say anything about giving him a free pass?? all i said is that "in case he doesnt pan out" since he was suppose to be a day 2 pick. we got a guy that is a 2nd rounder to be the replacement of someone who was a 1st rounder that had MVP type seasons. all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp... i didnt say anything about a free ride buddy!

Warp
06-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Yeah its going to be great to hear "Touchdown, Jackson to Williamson!" cant wait, Lets hope Jackson becomes a star!

singersp
06-03-2006, 12:35 PM
"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

Do you mean most scouts or most "arm chair" so called draft experts?

The only scouts that matter are Studwell & co. If Studwell believes he has the potential, it's good enough for me.

Prophet
06-03-2006, 01:04 PM
"twill" wrote:

.... all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp...

If he reminds me of Culpepper I will be disappointed.

twill
06-03-2006, 05:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

.... all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp...

If he reminds me of Culpepper I will be disappointed.

lol... look i hate the way pepp went out, but u must issues, if you didnt like the way pepp played from his rookie year till the 04 season. 05 he did have crappy numbers and he barely completed half the season. regardless, the guy is a pro bowl qb and the way he was playin before he got injured was of the caliber of a hall of fame qb. theres no denying that.. so if you dont want a person of that caliber then there maybe sumthin wrong with u..

VikesfaninWis
06-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Imagine in a couple of years that we are all sitting here at PP.O talking about what a great pick Tarvaris Jackson was.. Now many of us didn't think that when we picked him (myself included) but this guy just may be the future of Minnesota Viking football.. I hope anyways, he is a accurate passer, strong arm, and can run.. We may have ourselves an all around QB here.

faninphx
06-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I honestly think TJ will be a great QB. I saw a clip of his highlights, lots of raw talent and a long way to go until he's ready for the NFL. I actually think it's a good thing thing that he was drafted where he was, it keeps his attitude in check so maybe we won't have to deal w/ all the prima donna crap of higher drafts.

Ltrey33
06-03-2006, 05:36 PM
"twill" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

So are you saying we should give him a free pass because the Vikings f***ed up and picked him too high? Riiightt.....he was drafted in the 3rd round and he'll be viewed as a 3rd rounder! High expectations!

where did i say anything about giving him a free pass?? all i said is that "in case he doesnt pan out" since he was suppose to be a day 2 pick. we got a guy that is a 2nd rounder to be the replacement of someone who was a 1st rounder that had MVP type seasons. all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp... i didnt say anything about a free ride buddy!

just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

I read that as you saying "if he doesn't pan out, cut him a break because he wasn't projected to be a high pick"...maybe I misread it.

twill
06-03-2006, 05:50 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

this guy is a 2nd round pick, most scouts had him as a 2nd Day pick. i just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

So are you saying we should give him a free pass because the Vikings f***ed up and picked him too high? Riiightt.....he was drafted in the 3rd round and he'll be viewed as a 3rd rounder! High expectations!

where did i say anything about giving him a free pass?? all i said is that "in case he doesnt pan out" since he was suppose to be a day 2 pick. we got a guy that is a 2nd rounder to be the replacement of someone who was a 1st rounder that had MVP type seasons. all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp... i didnt say anything about a free ride buddy!

just hope that ignorant viking fans take that into consideration, incase he doesnt pan out, or doesnt remind them of the Good years of Pepp.

I read that as you saying "if he doesn't pan out, cut him a break because he wasn't projected to be a high pick"...maybe I misread it.

its kool bro.. i totally understand your comments. no matter where a guy gets picked up, weather its an undrafted free agent, no one gets a free ride. ur comment does make sense

jargomcfargo
06-03-2006, 06:21 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"twill" wrote:

.... all i said was that some fans shouldnt be ignorant or stupid if he doesnt remind them of pepp...

If he reminds me of Culpepper I will be disappointed.

Amen!

Prophet
06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
"twill" wrote:

...so if you dont want a person of that caliber then there maybe sumthin wrong with u..

Doubtful. He didn't want to be here. It is very simple, someone that does not want to be here, regardless of their talent, is a cancer. I would never want a cancer on my team, that would be idiotic. He walked the plank on his own accord. I'm done with this because there are already about 100 threads with everyone's opinion about that whole situation. I was a fan of the Vikings before Daunte was born and he is just another head case that is gone...and I am thankful he is gone.