PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Carter OUT!

TEXPACK
08-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Since, I haven't noticed this posted here yet.

Vikings Safety Tyrone Carter is expected to miss 2-6 weeks with a knee injury. He must be having surgery with that large of a range?

Just thought you all should know. :santa:

ItalianStallion
08-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I guess we'll just have to hope our starters can stay healthy. We still have offord too.

muchluv4smoot
08-22-2004, 07:42 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I guess we'll just have to hope our starters can stay healthy. We still have offord too.

This doesn't bother me too much, since I have never been a fan of carter. It doesn't hurt our depth, since now our 6th round pick will move to backup safety.

Kleinsasser40
08-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Meh, its not that big of a deal. I have confidence in the health of our D starters (knock on wood). Plus, if anything does happen he will be back in time for at the very least the last half of the season. :thumbleft:

TEXPACK
08-22-2004, 11:43 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Meh, its not that big of a deal. I have confidence in the health of our D starters (knock on wood). Plus, if anything does happen he will be back in time for at the very least the last half of the season. :thumbleft:

Yes, if not sooner. His loss does hurt the depth though.

hawaiianvike21
08-22-2004, 11:44 PM
The only place its going to hurt and affect us the most is special teams. He was a special teams ace and even was our punt returner.

I dont think we'll miss him much in the secondary however.

SKOL
08-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Looks like Offord will just move back to Safety from the Nickel linebacker spot. Shouldn't be a big deal having Tyrone Carter out, hopefully it's just 3 weeks instead of 6.

whackthepack
08-23-2004, 09:54 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Since, I haven't noticed this posted here yet.

Vikings Safety Tyrone Carter is expected to miss 2-6 weeks with a knee injury. He must be having surgery with that large of a range?

Just thought you all should know. :santa:

I haven't heard that he has to have surgery but that he wil;l be out 3 - 6 weeks, it was nice to have hime back there but Offord can do just a good of job on back-up. I am more worried about our DB backups than our safties. :shaking:

Purple D
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
I wasn't too impressed with Offord against the Falcons. He seemed to get burned alot and was never in the right place at the right time. The one time he showed up late and landed on Tyrone Carters knee .

purplepat
08-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Losing Carter is a semi-big loss. He is an ace special teamer, and covers pass routes better than Offord. He is still a 2nd stringer, so it shouldn't hurt too bad having him out for a little while. At least the Vikings bye week comes early, so Carter should be ready to go coming out of the bye week.

Big Daddy
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
He'll be missed on special teams, but I don't think it will be that big of a loss in the backfield.

SKOL
08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
"Purple D" wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with Offord against the Falcons. He seemed to get burned alot and was never in the right place at the right time. The one time he showed up late and landed on Tyrone Carters knee .

That is really sad...

VKG4LFE
08-24-2004, 11:09 AM
I love Tyrone Carter. He hits like a truck and is for the most part a very sure tackler! We better pray that no one goes down because Offord won't be able to cut it!