PDA

View Full Version : Vikings TOP 5 for next season . . .

sleepagent
05-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Here's another TOP 5 list for next season . . . unfortunately the overhyped TOP 5.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/31/no.superbowl/index.html

5. Minnesota: As much as I like new head coach Brad Childress, I have to question his personnel on offense. He needs Chester Taylor -- or someone else -- to prove the running game will be reliable. He needs Troy Williamson, last year's first-round pick, to mature into a legitimate big-play threat at receiver, especially now that Nate Burleson has moved on to Seattle. He also needs quarterback Brad Johnson, who turns 38 this season, to prove that he's still effective. Those are a lot of needs for a team that finished with a flourish in 2005 (the Vikings won seven of their final nine). It's unlikely that it'll find answers to all of them.

JDogg926
05-31-2006, 10:24 PM
So this guy's writing us off already. I've said before I could definitely see us struggling, but at the same time, we've got a lot going in our favor, too. And, in our division anything's possible.

cajunvike
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
GOOD!!! That way we can just sneak up on everyone to start the season! :grin:

WisconsinSucks
05-31-2006, 10:38 PM
If he wants to group us with KC, SD, Philly, and Miami, thats fine with me.

Better than GB, SF, Houston, and Detroit.

thetrenches68OL
05-31-2006, 10:44 PM
good

skum
05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Any .. Any ... Anyyyy Runningback, behind Hutch and T-Rich will do fine :>

Troy has shown good things in the camps and Brad is pleased with him..

And yes Brad will carry the load at QB in this system..

We are going to win the superbowl.. bank on it :>

VikingKen
05-31-2006, 11:25 PM
LOL SI (the kiss of death) people. Maybe they should go interview Michael Jordan. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. The only exception to this rule is the Pack. They just suck all the time.

PurplePride80
05-31-2006, 11:30 PM
I definatley agree with the Dolphins being the most overhyped team going into the 2006-2007 NFL season.

I know some people who actually think the Dolphins will in the AFC East.

But I think the Patriots will win it again, even after all the losses in free agency. They will still find a way to win that division and be strong contenders in the playoffs.

And I know some people who think the Dolphins are a darkhorse for the Superbowl. :shock:

Ricky Williams is a huge loss for the Dolphins. because now Ronnie Brown will have the majortiy of the carries. And I'm not sure if he is ready for that.

And on top of that, the Dolphins defense isn't what it use to be.

Aberration
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
To be overhyped don't we have to be hyped? Who is saying we are going to be really good? I would say last year when people were picking us to go to the SB we were overhyped... but this year? it seems like everyone is taking the wait and see with us

Slade
05-31-2006, 11:47 PM
yeah, thats Jeff Chadiha (sp?) for ya....I take what he says with a grain of salt