PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins anorexic?

Prophet
05-29-2006, 03:45 AM
KFFL
Vikings | Wiggins slims down some
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:07:12 -0700

FoxSports.com reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins, who was listed at 6-2, 260 pounds last season, was noticeably thinner at the Vikings' second minicamp earlier this month. Head coach Brad Childress had told a group of players he wanted them to lose weight after the first minicamp. "That's nobody's business but ours," Childress said when asked who lost the most weight.

COJOMAY
05-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Sound to me like he followed the coach's instructions. He will be faster.

BadlandsVikings
05-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Hope that will speed him up, I always thought he looked a little slow.

i_bleed_purple
05-29-2006, 04:37 AM
a fast wiggins is a dangerous wiggins. he's already a good recieving TE as it is, if he were faster who knows, mabye he can rank up there with Tony Gonzales and Antonio Gates.

mr.woo
05-29-2006, 04:45 AM
my favorite wiggins moment was against greenbay when some packer went tin to tackle him and wig hurdled right over top of him. if he can do that as a fat man imagine what hell do as a fast one.

thetrenches68OL
05-29-2006, 04:49 AM
yeah me too oh wait.... Wiggins hurdles over some one damn near every game lol

ChiTownVike
05-29-2006, 04:56 AM
I may be wrong but I like the fat Wiggins, I just think he cool showing that you dont have to be amazingly in shape like Vernon Davis to play TE

I hope he has a more productive year thought, we need it!

bigdaddy72_1
05-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Being in shape is always a good thing. I think this really shows what coach Childress has emphasized so far. Like he said, "Being in shape and working hard are things that don't require talent, so everybody on this team should at least be that far along."

singersp
05-29-2006, 05:44 AM
I wonder if he told Phat Pat to lose some weight.

gpless05
05-29-2006, 05:56 AM
he was probably to scared to tell fat pat

snowinapril
05-29-2006, 06:00 AM
BTW, he will be on NFL TA later this week.......

I think it will be on Vikings cam

BadlandsVikings
05-29-2006, 06:03 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I think it will be on Vikings camI know it will repeat a million times, but what day is Vikes cam?

snowinapril
05-29-2006, 06:21 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I think it will be on Vikings camI know it will repeat a million times, but what day is Vikes cam?

I thought I heard thursday but I will listen again to find the day for sure and post it.

World Bowl is on right now, the repeat.

collegeguyjeff
05-29-2006, 08:36 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

a fast wiggins is a dangerous wiggins. he's already a good recieving TE as it is, if he were faster who knows, mabye he can rank up there with Tony Gonzales and Antonio Gates.

heck yeah if wiggins is even a little bit faster he will be more dangerous.

BadlandsVikings
05-29-2006, 09:45 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I thought I heard thursday but I will listen again to find the day for sure and post it.

World Bowl is on right now, the repeat.

cool

hawaiianvike21
05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Id sure like to know how much weight he lost. I mean he had to be one one of the slowest players in the league, kinda like kleinsasser. Our two tight ends are incredibly slow. Some speed wouldnt hurt.

singersp
05-29-2006, 02:32 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I think it will be on Vikings cam

I know what Total Access is, but I never heard of Vikings Cam.

Is Vikings Cam another show or something they air on TA??

snowinapril
05-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Each team has a remote camera (so to speak). When they first strated, some of them were like web cams, kinda delayed. Now most of them are high quality connections.

They do an interview from the practice facility. The camera is in the same place everytime. All they have to do is sit down in front of it.

PurpleAndy
05-29-2006, 03:02 PM
"singersp" wrote:

I wonder if he told Phat Pat to lose some weight.

This actually did happen and was captured on film:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/agrove/Patty.jpg

PurpleTide
05-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I think that even if Wiggins lost 20lbs he'd still be slow and awkward. He's all heart and could not be transformed into a smooth graceful athlete no matter how much weight he drops. He isn't going to be asked to block much as that will fall to Jimmy K, I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab a more "vertical" tight end later on.

Vikes_King
05-29-2006, 03:35 PM
i love wiggins as is, doesnt matter if he's any faster or thinner really to me. i mean seriously.. a TE picking up what, 80+ catches a season as a big clumsy type guy, i'll take it

singersp
05-29-2006, 03:48 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

i love wiggins as is, doesnt matter if he's any faster or thinner really to me. i mean seriously.. a TE picking up what, 80+ catches a season as a big clumsy type guy, i'll take it

Losing weight won't affect his ability to catch. It will only improve it. :wink:

VikesfaninWis
05-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Wiggy always looked a little square to me, but he always gives 110% when he plays. His build is nothing to brag about, he looks like a box. He has great hands, and gives it his all, you can't ask for more then that. He was productive as it was, if he lost weight, there is no telling if it will increase his speed much.

Vikes_King
05-29-2006, 09:46 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Losing weight won't affect his ability to catch. It will only improve it. :wink:

i know, what i meant by that was even if he didnt lose any weight, it wont matter to me since he's still a good player. if he did, and is better because of it, great

ItalianStallion
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Well it could make him even worse at blocking...

Vikes_King
05-29-2006, 10:27 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Well it could make him even worse at blocking...

yea, thats why he needs to shed a little fat and gain a little muscle

PurplePride80
05-29-2006, 11:15 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

LOL, don't get ahead of yourself.

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
"thetrenches68OL" wrote:

yeah me too oh wait.... Wiggins hurdles over some one gol 'darnit near every game lol

Yeah!! I love it when he does that!! Even when he doesn't hurdle them, he still falls forward to gain extra yards!!! I just hope he doesn't lose any of his power!!!

farvathevikinglover
05-29-2006, 11:50 PM
i love Wiggins, he's freaking awesome! I love it when hurdles guys, it's freaking sweet! (it helps that he gets all those receptions)

Vikes
05-30-2006, 03:06 AM
You go Wiggins. Get into game shape baby.

cc21
05-30-2006, 03:18 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I wonder if he told Phat Pat to lose some weight.I hope not. We need big bad Pat to stay big.

Warp
05-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Yeah im a big fan of the Wiggins hurdle. The first time i seen him do that i about died laughing. You go wiggy! :cool:

i_bleed_purple
05-30-2006, 06:31 AM
haha, yea when i first saw him hurdle someone ( i believe it was the christmas eve game @ MIN) i was at my friends house watching the game (cheese fan) and i was ROFL and he was stunned, like open mouth and everything, it was hilarious. i would have never thought someone that big could hurlde anyone.

Vikes_King
05-30-2006, 06:32 AM
lol, i remember standing up and cheering/laughing, and thats about all i remember about it

DCPologirl
05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

KFFL
Vikings | Wiggins slims down some
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:07:12 -0700

FoxSports.com reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins, who was listed at 6-2, 260 pounds last season, was noticeably thinner at the Vikings' second minicamp earlier this month. Head coach Brad Childress had told a group of players he wanted them to lose weight after the first minicamp. "That's nobody's business but ours," Childress said when asked who lost the most weight.

He's like a commando! No wonder we are never going to get the new stadium deal.

Zeus
05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Not Brad's job. It's Zygi's job to get the new stadium, and he got the Vikes closer than they've ever been. Wasn't ever going to happen this year, and yet he almost made it happen.

Next year, you watch. The Z-Master (and strip mall God) will make Northern Lights a reality!

=Z=

DCPologirl
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

Not Brad's job. It's Zygi's job to get the new stadium, and he got the Vikes closer than they've ever been. Wasn't ever going to happen this year, and yet he almost made it happen.

Next year, you watch. The Z-Master (and strip mall God) will make Northern Lights a reality!

=Z=

I hope you're right...I remain cautiously pessimistic this year LOL

Zeus
05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

=Z=

I hope you're right...I remain cautiously pessimistic this year LOL

I always come back to the fact that Zygi made his money building retail centers. Red McCombs made his money selling used cars.

Which one do you think is more likely to get something built? :grin:

=Z=

singersp
05-31-2006, 11:54 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

=Z=

I'm thinking not! The tax payers were choking at the thought of paying for it this year.

What makes anyone think it will be easier next year when the price goes up due to inflation?

They weren't willing to pay for it this year, so they sure as hell aren't going to pay for it next year when it will cost them even more.

mewario
06-02-2006, 09:03 AM
If you guys like fatty Wiggin's hurdles, you guys must not see Ben Troupe play very often.. would love to have him as a Viking instead.

Too bad he's been injured a lot, I see good things from him this year.

Check out this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnElINuH39Y&search=troupe

http://www.oddjack.com/TROUPE.jpg