PDA

View Full Version : New Vikes Jersey - Buyer Beware !

mnjamie
05-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Well,

In my hunt for a specfic replica jersey for an oversea's member of PP.O I ended up speaking with a rep for the jersey company that supplies all the Vikings outlets in Minny.

She stated a number of the new Vikings replica jerseys are back logged 4-6 weeks at LEAST cause Reebok had sent a bunch out, but the numbers started peeling off. It was stated this has been happening ever since the first batch they unveiled at the MOA.

Just an FYI for all out there who have purchased a replica of the new design.

VikesfaninWis
05-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will wait awhile before ordering one now.

Viking_Queen
05-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I got a memo jersey a few days after they came out at the MOA and the numbers have started to peel of only on the front.

Ltrey33
05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
75 bucks for a replica jersey that peels? Riiiiggghhhtttt.....

I'll wait 'til someone gets traded, then I'll look for the new design on the clearance rack. :lol:

singersp
05-26-2006, 10:52 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Well,

In my hunt for a specfic replica jersey for an oversea's member of PP.O I ended up speaking with a rep for the jersey company that supplies all the Vikings outlets in Minny.

She stated a number of the new Vikings replica jerseys are back logged 4-6 weeks at LEAST cause Reebok had sent a bunch out, but the numbers started peeling off. It was stated this has been happening ever since the first batch they unveiled at the MOA.

Are they giving new replica jerseys in the exchange for the defective ones?

singersp
05-26-2006, 10:53 PM
"Viking_Queen" wrote:

I got a memo jersey a few days after they came out at the MOA and the numbers have started to peel of only on the front.

And you still owe me for it. :wink:

VikesfaninWis
05-26-2006, 10:54 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Be a nice dad and let her slip on the payback... :grin:

singersp
05-26-2006, 11:42 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

It's all about teaching them responsibility.

Ltrey33
05-26-2006, 11:45 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Wait...singer and Viking Queen are related?

nareg
05-26-2006, 11:46 PM
I JUS GOT MINE FROM NFL.COM!!!!!!!!!!!! IT CAME TODAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AWESOME I LVOE IT!!!!!!!!!

mnjamie
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

Well,

Are they giving new replica jerseys in the exchange for the defective ones?

No idea and wasn't specifically told that ... but from her TONE, I would say take it back and they will replace. Just don't be surprised if they don't have that exact jersey right now as they are VERY back logged.

vikesoto
05-27-2006, 12:04 AM
That's why authentic jerseys are the only way to go !!!!!!

singersp
05-27-2006, 12:07 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Yes! You 1st figuring that out El Trey Damnit?

triedandtruevikesfan
05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Yes! You 1st figuring that out El Trey Damnit?

LMAO!!!

BadlandsVikings
05-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Since that is happening I will spring for an authentic this time. Peeling is Baaaaad.

singersp
05-27-2006, 12:43 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

Since that is happening I will spring for an authentic this time. Peeling is Baaaaad.

Unless it's a hot chick & we're talking about clothing. :wink:

BadlandsVikings
05-27-2006, 12:46 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Unless it's a hot chick & we're talking about clothing. winkTrue, Very True.

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-27-2006, 01:12 AM
"vikesoto" wrote:

Yeah if you are frickin' rich!!! US poor people are lucky to get 75$ for the replicas!!! LOL :grin:

marshallvike
05-27-2006, 01:21 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

75 bucks for a replica jersey that peels? Riiiiggghhhtttt.....

:lol:just means they can sell more jerseys. that is the only reason for a redesign anyway.

Zeus
05-27-2006, 04:22 AM
"Viking_Queen" wrote:

Did you put it in the dryer after washing it?

Rule #1 of replica jersey care - air dry only.

=Z=

ejmat
05-27-2006, 04:28 AM
I air dry all my shirst whether they are replica or authentic. I don't want them getting ruined in the dryer.

singersp
05-27-2006, 06:04 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

=Z=

Rule #2: Always turn jerseys inside out when washing them.

#3: wash by hand or "delicate" cycle only

BadlandsVikings
05-27-2006, 06:08 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Viking_Queen" wrote:

=Z=

Rule #2 Always turn jerseys inside out when washing them.

#3 wash by hand or "delicate" cycle only Rule #4 Just don't wash it all. You might not have any friends, no one will want to be around you, but hey it will last longer. :smile:

mnrockstar
05-28-2006, 06:35 AM
[/quote] Rule #4 Just don't wash it all. You might not have any friends, no one will want to be around you, but hey it will last longer. :smile:[/quote]

its luckier that way too!

singersp
05-28-2006, 02:27 PM
"mnrockstar" wrote:

Rule #4 Just don't wash it all. You might not have any friends, no one will want to be around you, but hey it will last longer. :smile:

its luckier that way too!

It's not lucky for the people sitting next to you at the game.

PurpleTide
05-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't know as fast as players rotate in and out of the team these days, maybe interchangable names and numbers could save us. i have about 8 jersey's and none are currently on the vikes anymore....

singersp
05-28-2006, 02:55 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

I don't know as fast as players rotate in and out of the team these days, maybe interchangable names and numbers could save us. i have about 8 jersey's and none are currently on the vikes anymore....

They were still Vikings. :wink:

Use your discretion.

crazyB
05-28-2006, 05:13 PM
how about the replithentic jersey's are they available yet?..

vikeswin2005
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
what are those

crazyB
05-28-2006, 05:53 PM
you never hered of them they are ment to be a good inbetween the authentic with the stiching and the cheaper replica's i've only seen them online but can't remember where the sell for about $99.
not sure if they have been made yet for this season

singersp
05-28-2006, 06:13 PM
"crazyB" wrote:

you never hered of them they are ment to be a good inbetween the authentic with the stiching and the cheaper replica's i've only seen them online but can't remember where the sell for about $99.

I've bought replithentic jersey's off of eBay. That's one place to look.

Zeus
05-29-2006, 03:15 AM
"crazyB" wrote:

Last I saw, replithentics will be available sometime in July. But that could be wayyy off.

=Z=

crazyB
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
thank's guy's i'll look out for them all i have at the moment is old Cullpepper replica's i can't aford the authentic's.

VikingPatrick
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
vikesoto wrote:

PurplePeopleEaters89 wrote:
Yeah if you are frickin' rich!!! US poor people are lucky to get 75$ for the replicas!!! LOL

Wait till the end of the season.......see who gets cut or released......then you can buy that jersey on closeout for half price!! Or if your lucky find a liquidator that has a surplus and find them REALLY cheap!!
When Cunningham got released I found Authentics at JC penny for $39 and bought 3....I still kick myself in the A$$ for not not buying the whole rack full!!!!!

vikesoto
05-30-2006, 10:22 PM
"VikingPatrick" wrote:

vikesoto wrote:

Yeah if you are frickin' rich!!! US poor people are lucky to get 75$ for the replicas!!! LOL

Wait till the end of the season.......see who gets cut or released......then you can buy that jersey on closeout for half price!! Or if your lucky find a liquidator that has a surplus and find them REALLY cheap!!
When Cunningham got released I found Authentics at JC penny for $39 and bought 3....I still kick myself in the A$$ for not not buying the whole rack full!!!!!

And I don't.......

That was the deal of all jersey sales....

olson_10
05-30-2006, 10:28 PM
when will they be okay to buy? about a month from now?..il be going down for the twins-tigers series at the end of july, so i thought id buy one then

vikesoto
05-30-2006, 10:30 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

when will they be okay to buy? about a month from now?..il be going down for the twins-tigers series at the end of july, so i thought id buy one then

For the past few seasons, Team Choice in the Mall of America has had Vikings jerseys on sale, 40% off, by November.

I'd say wait till then, save yourself alot of $$$$$$

Slade
06-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Are the numbers ironed on? Cheeeesseeeeyyyyy.....I would get an authentic of Winfield or Smoot's

Mr. Purple
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
"VikingPatrick" wrote:

vikesoto wrote:

eh that takes the fun outta it. The whole point of having a jersey is wearing it during the games. I dont see the point of waiting and then gettin a jersey of a player who got cut.Thats no fun. I agree on gettin good deals, but with jerseys when you cut corners it shows.

I got TONS of jerseys and they naturally fade and peal. If you wanna get the wear and tear outta a jersey, you gotta go authentic.They are expensive but in the long run thier cheaper and just plain BETTER.One thing I recommend is getting a personalized authentic. They cant trade YOU.Or can they?

cajunvike
06-01-2006, 01:31 AM
AND the CORRECT answer is...you get what you can afford...that means if you want to get tons of wear from a jersey, save up and go authentic...but if you want to wear it now and you don't have that much dough, go replica. Either way, you will be showing your team's colors...and that is ALL that matters!

Personally, I got a personalized replica...cost me about $100 at the Vikings Locker Room and I had to have it shipped home since I couldn't get it that day...but I DID have it to wear to the Ravens game on Christmas Night...and will continue to wear it until it falls apart. Maybe the next time, I will buy the personalized authentic...but until then, what I got is what I will wear...with PRIDE, I might add!!!!

Like this:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/cajunvike/SLK%20Pics/2006SLK350COJCAJ.jpg

Heck, you don't think that I could afford BOTH the car AND the authentic jersey, did you? :lol:

BadlandsVikings
06-01-2006, 02:16 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

"VikingPatrick" wrote:

vikesoto wrote:

eh that takes the fun outta it. The whole point of having a jersey is wearing it during the games. I dont see the point of waiting and then gettin a jersey of a player who got cut.Thats no fun. I agree on gettin good deals, but with jerseys when you cut corners it shows.

I got TONS of jerseys and they naturally fade and peal. If you wanna get the wear and tear outta a jersey, you gotta go authentic.They are expensive but in the long run thier cheaper and just plain BETTER.One thing I recommend is getting a personalized authentic. They cant trade YOU.Or can they?

Only if you get brain damage and start wearing a block of cheese on your head. :smile:

JDogg926
06-01-2006, 02:28 AM
I always go replica too, I just can't see getting an authentic, when I'm likely to get pizza or wing sauce on it.

When I lived in Columbus, OH, I'd go to a store called Schottenstein's right before the start of every season, they'd have the previous year's jerseys on sale for 14.99. That's where I got my Randy Moss and Randall Cunningham. This was back when Starter was the main jersey provider, so they were only $50 retail. But that store had a couple players jerseys for each NFL team. I miss that place.

PurplePeopleEaters
06-01-2006, 04:13 AM
damn caj. Nice car..

vikesoto
06-01-2006, 07:53 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

"VikingPatrick" wrote:

vikesoto wrote:

The point of waiting is to save $$$$$$$

You can change an authentic jersey into whoever you want !!

Point in case..

When Hovan was outta here, his jerseys were all on sale. I picked up an authentic jersey of his for $40.00. I then changed the last name to James and saved alot of $$$$$$$$$$$

A brand new authentic Erasmus James jersey would of cost $250.00. I spent aroud $50.00 total..

thiefofalways
06-01-2006, 09:02 AM
just out of curiousity why do you guys buy jerseys with names on the back of them

thiefofalways
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM
you can buy a custom and put your own name or leave it blank

JellyBean2144
06-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks. I wish that I would have waited a little bit longer to order mine.