PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Onterrio Smith!

RandyMoss8404
08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Onterrio Smith is now facing a 4 game suspension due to violation of the NFL's drug policy.

Nice dude, nice!

GQVikesfan
08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
I just heard, what was he thinking??!?! :angryfire:

jackyl
08-19-2004, 09:45 PM
He went to school in Eugene... I guess it should be expected.

kramer9guy
08-19-2004, 09:50 PM
He deserves whatever is coming to him. What a moron.
But all in all, if Bennett can stay healthy and Moore lives up to the hype Smith's suspension should really have no effect on us.
Still...what a friggin' idiot. The fame and money are not enough?

ItalianStallion
08-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Maybe he was just emulating Ricky Williams. whatever he wsa probably third string anyway. Moe and Bennett can handle it on their own.

GQVikesfan
08-19-2004, 09:53 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Maybe he was just emulating Ricky Williams. whatever he wsa probably third string anyway. Moe and Bennett can handle it on their own.

Yea your right.. Bennet, Williams and Moore can carry the load while Smith cleans up.

vikesfan
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
where did you guys get this information? I can't seem to find anything about it.

RandyMoss8404
08-19-2004, 10:04 PM
CBS.

This is why the Vikings piss me off. All the keys, no discipline.

vikings_fan66
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
what an idiot

magicci
08-19-2004, 10:44 PM
heard it on the halftime show on fox

Big Daddy
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
I heard it was a 4 game suspension starting right after he has a chance to appeal. So does anyone know what games he will miss?

triedandtruevikesfan
08-19-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm starting a new business its gonna be called Vikings Taxi Service/drug rehab! What an f'n moron!!!! I don't care if I was addicted to every drug out there... to get paid that kinda money I wouldn't even think about them!!!

Toss2Moss84
08-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Read Full Article at http://vikings.kfan.com

Running back Onterrio Smith faces a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the FAN has learned.

Smith, a second-year back out of Oregon, is expected to compete for playing time with starter Michael Bennett and veteran backup Moe Williams this season.

But a source told the FAN late Thursday that Smith will be suspended for the first four games of the season for a third violation of the league's drug
policy, pending an appeal.

A player is not suspended for his first two violations, according to the league's policy. A third violation triggers a four-game suspension.

Smith was in Atlanta preparing for Friday's game against the Falcons, and
could not be reached for comment. A voice message left for Smith's agent, Darrell Wills, was not returned late Thursday.

The Vikings selected Smith in the fourth round of the 2003 draft. He was
projected as a first-round pick by some experts, but character concerns hurt his draft stock.

Smith originally was recruited to the University of Tennessee, but was thrown out of the program after testing positive for marijuana.

In 2001, Smith was arrested for drunken driving. He was under 21 at the time, and was driving with a suspended license.

Smith rushed for 579 yards and five touchdowns as a rookie in 2003.

Defensive end Kenny Mixon will be suspended for the first two games of the season for violating the substance-abuse policy.

3 violations in just a little over a year? Man what is he thinking!?!

triedandtruevikesfan
08-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Well we got a winner on our hands here.... grrrrrr

cheesefree
08-20-2004, 01:10 AM
They have enough depth at running back and offensive weapons to do just fine without Onterrio, but grrrr is right. It's just stupid, more bad PR and another diversion :angryfire: I hope he gets treatment and cleans up his act because he is a talented and valuable player.

TEXPACK
08-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Please pass the potato chips.

rjkvikings
08-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Tex is back!!! I haven't seen any of you packers fans around since the lost. I hope that was coincidence because it would be sad if it weren't. It was just a preseason game after all.

TEXPACK
08-20-2004, 01:47 AM
I'll be here. I'm glad you missed me!

There really isn't much going on right now in either camp worthy of comment. I have heard tonight we signed Kenny Holmes DE. He may help us?

rjkvikings
08-20-2004, 01:51 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

It's kind of interesting to hear what u packers fans think. i don't have many friends that are packers fans, so i usually see what you guys think about the Vikes and Packers (even if I don't agree with it all the time :argue: ).

AngloVike
08-20-2004, 03:02 AM
If Smith has been doing stupid stuff then he deserves a four match ban, Viking or not. I've no time for pro athletes when they do this and forget that they're supposed to be role models.
Just as well we didn't start decreasing our backfield depth when Miami were hinting at trades

superior230bartime
08-20-2004, 03:42 AM
I hope I never hear another word about the bad behavior of Packer players. Vikings have got to be the worst in the NFl as far as getting in trouble. Seriously, tell me another team that has had more problems?

hawaiianvike21
08-20-2004, 03:51 AM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

I hope I never hear another word about the bad behavior of Packer players. Vikings have got to be the worst in the NFl as far as getting in trouble. Seriously, tell me another team that has had more problems?

The cowgurls. :wink: THe dolphins more recently even though its only williams but he can be important to a team of what three players can contribute in one season.

DOesnt oakland have problems too.

purplehorn
08-20-2004, 09:14 AM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

Who was the team with the TE who liked little girls, and QB was
a Vicodin addict? I believe it's the same state that the sheep are
scared.

VKG4LFE
08-20-2004, 09:28 AM
I hate stupid FU!@#$G people! Especially Vikings!! I can't believe this!

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 09:48 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

There really isn't much going on right now in either camp worthy of comment. I have heard tonight we signed Kenny Holmes DE. He may help us?

Sorry Tex, I heard they offered him the veteran minimum and he didn't take it. That doesn't mean that will not change in the future but they have not agreed to a contract, as a Viking fan I hope it doesn't work out. He would be your 2nd best D-lineman and give Green Bay a better pass rush.

On to the Idiot Onterrio, is smoking weed worth millions of dollars cause thats what it just cost him!! His next suspension would be for a year or an indefinite suspension, what team is going to make him their main back and pay him a huge contract with that hanging over his head.
This will cost him at least 2 million, if he had a great year and the Vikings moved Bennett in a trade in the offseason he would have received a new contract, or if the kept Bennett and Onterrio became a free agent in 2 years he would have received a huge contract. That's not likely now, so could this have cost him 5, 10, 15 million. How much is smoking a little weed worth to ya Onterrio? Moron, Idiot, Pothead, Pinhead,

purplehorn
08-20-2004, 09:59 AM
I think this whole thing may be a set up. That old
lady with the packer jersey givin brownies away.
She said she just liked to bake.

Viking_Spirit
08-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Great......another player with drug problems!

Nice job moron. We're just lucky you're not crucial to our team. We can live without you.

You know, I'm starting to have bad feelings about how Tice runs this team. All these drug/alcohol suspensions show a large lack of discipline, and that always comes back to the coach. Don't get me wrong, I like Tice, but all these drug problems are making big question marks in my mind about the discipline on this team.

Purple D
08-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I bet everyone who thought we should of traded Bennett to the dolphins are glad we didn't now.

briboy75
08-20-2004, 11:21 AM
The SOD, is SOL

TheMaineViking
08-20-2004, 12:03 PM
This is probably one of the reasons Smith wasn't drafted until the fourth round. I am also worried about the discipline on the team, that is one of Tice's weak areas.

sdvikefan
08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Hate to bring up an old arguement, but this is another good reason not to trade Michael Bennett.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Bennett just gets shot at! He doesn't do the drugs! God I'm angry!!!

ItalianStallion
08-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Keep in mind guys we don't know what drug violation he hass violated, hell it could be ephedra or something like Chamberlain last year.

packmanxxxi
08-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Trade him to the Dolpins....

jackyl
08-20-2004, 01:55 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Keep in mind guys we don't know what drug violation he hass violated, hell it could be ephedra or something like Chamberlain last year.

True... and though that wouldn't make it a crime, it'd still make him an idiot.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-20-2004, 02:10 PM
True we don't know... but considering the fact that he's been in trouble for weed before I have a hard time believing it would be something else

SKOL
08-20-2004, 02:44 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

True we don't know... but considering the fact that he's been in trouble for weed before I have a hard time believing it would be something else

Viking update had an article on Smith today. It said:

When asked why he lasted until the fourth round, one coach made the international symbol for smoking pot — a thumb pressed against an index finger and an inhaling sound.

Some SOD, huh? This guy's got to come to realize that it doesn't have as much to do with talent as it does value to the team.

josdin00
08-20-2004, 03:34 PM
S.O.D. - Suspended Over Drugs.

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

S.O.D. - Suspended Over Drugs.

Josdin00; That's funny (coffee all over the monitor funny) :lol:

Jer
08-20-2004, 04:01 PM
I remember reading a mag. and I looked at the Vikes review in a fantasy football magazine and it had a pic (still on the shelves) of O. Smith and under it it said something along the lines of, "The Vikes stole a gem in the draft last year in the 4th round over discipline issues." Thats not word for word, but it came across as-haha discipline issues-easy money for the vikes. I am very hard on guys who do these things. I hate it when it happens to the Packers, but I still don't like it. Cletidus Hunt has gotten in trouble and you all know how we criticize him. NFL players get to drink! They (some or many) get drunk a lot I'm sure. They only get in trouble for drunk driving.

dart18
08-20-2004, 04:09 PM
just a dumb move by a guy who has more money than he deserves for playing a boys game. Some people need to grow up and realize this is a job and treat it as such

triedandtruevikesfan
08-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Alright... here's my new idea... whenever they think of something stupid to do... I.E. smoking dope or driving drunk... they should give me a thousand dollars. This way when they feel the need to throw money away I'll get rich!!

sdvikefan
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Not bad...they could probably afford to give every person on this board $1000. They could think of it as a "fans come to the games to see you play sober" fund.

You know, in the military if you test positive for drug use you are given a bad conduct discharge, forfeiture of pay, loss of all benefits, and it stays on your record for the rest of your life. Not saying the NFL needs to be that tough, but a four game suspension? And that's only after the third violation! COME ON!!!

pudgesoprano
08-20-2004, 04:21 PM
the colts owner is addict to pain killers he still owns a team

triedandtruevikesfan
08-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Does he take lessons from Favre?

pudgesoprano
08-20-2004, 04:25 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Does he take lessons from Favre?

i think

josdin00
08-20-2004, 04:51 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Not bad...they could probably afford to give every person on this board $1000. They could think of it as a "fans come to the games to see you play sober" fund.

You know, in the military if you test positive for drug use you are given a bad conduct discharge, forfeiture of pay, loss of all benefits, and it stays on your record for the rest of your life. Not saying the NFL needs to be that tough, but a four game suspension? And that's only after the third violation! COME ON!!!

Just remember as you're complaining: The NFL has the toughest drug policy of any of the four major professional sports leagues in this country.

I know the CBA prevents teams from releasing a player just for a positive drug test (hense the complaint filed by the players union last week against the Cowboys), but does it prevent the team from fining the player? I'm thinking a half a million "conduct detrimental to the team" fine should penetrate the haze surrounding Smith's helmet and sink in.

BigEasyViking
08-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Well, It's official our team is possibly one of the worst behaved teams and least disciplined teams in the NFL. This makes me sick. Do these guys not understand that we need everyone of them in order to complete for a playoff spot this year? What a bunch of frickin' losers. Hey I've got an idea! Next year lets have our training camp at the Betty Ford clinic. It sounds like we need it!

duffVIkEs
08-20-2004, 05:38 PM
IDIOT!
napoleon dynamite style

vikefan in WI
08-20-2004, 05:39 PM
yeah, I agree BigEasy...this is utter bulls%#*. I don't know the exact details, but Tice needs to start cracking some skulls for this kind of behavior. What a punk thing for O.S. to do.

sdvikefan
08-20-2004, 05:45 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

Just remember as you're complaining: The NFL has the toughest drug policy of any of the four major professional sports leagues in this country.

I know the CBA prevents teams from releasing a player just for a positive drug test (hense the complaint filed by the players union last week against the Cowboys), but does it prevent the team from fining the player? I'm thinking a half a million "conduct detrimental to the team" fine should penetrate the haze surrounding Smith's helmet and sink in.

Good point Josdin and I agree a heavy fine should be placed against Smith. And Tice should also punish him by letting him sit on the bench longer than that four game suspension. That would make a pretty good statement to the other players on the team.

duffVIkEs
08-21-2004, 01:12 AM
what an idiot, i hate when they do this crap