PDA

View Full Version : Baskett, McMullen trade

vike_mike
05-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I had talked about acquiring Ashley Lelie earlier. I am fans with all of you here, but I disagree with some saying we don't need any WR's. I think we do. McMullen will add size to us. I am a little worried about his speed as I thought Baskett had faster 40 time than BM. I am still not to sold on Troy though. He is still really raw and I see him coming on if he does in the next two years. I still say that Lelie if acquired would add some size and speed for long deep routes. He and Koren would be fantastic on 20-30 yard routes. If we had all of these guys, we could really stretch the field. I doubt if Childress will sign Lelie, but I believe that it would be a definite benefit to us to have him here. It would be a new team with a brand new chance to prove himself and I believe he would flourish here. :grin:

JDogg926
05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Not sold on Troy yet, either, but he's got the speed, as does Taylor and KRob.

KRob and MRob also have plenty of size for endzone corner fade routes.

I think, collectively we are alright at WR.

Prophet
05-24-2006, 03:37 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:

I had talked about acquiring Ashley Lelie earlier. I am fans with all of you here, but I disagree with some saying we don't need any WR's. I think we do. McMullen will add size to us. I am a little worried about his speed as I thought Baskett had faster 40 time than BM. I am still not to sold on Troy though. He is still really raw and I see him coming on if he does in the next two years. I still say that Lelie if acquired would add some size and speed for long deep routes. He and Koren would be fantastic on 20-30 yard routes. If we had all of these guys, we could really stretch the field. I doubt if Childress will sign Lelie, but I believe that it would be a definite benefit to us to have him here. It would be a new team with a brand new chance to prove himself and I believe he would flourish here. :grin:

Ok, There is already a Baskett-McMullen (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22673) thread and a Lelie thread. (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21696&highlight=Lelie)

Lelie is a head case, keep him away. He wants accolades as a #1 before he has earned them. We may well need some more WR depth.

Click on me, pretty please…
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Raiderfan76/brande-roderick-016.jpg (http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html)

vike_mike
05-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Nice pic there. Sorry about the thread. Do better next time.

Prophet
05-24-2006, 04:02 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:

You should have responded with fuck off asshole! This thread is integrating the two concepts into a new idea. :lol:

VikesfaninWis
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"vike_mike" wrote:

You should have responded with F!!ck off donkey butt! This thread is integrating the two concepts into a new idea. :lol:

That sounds like a challenge Prophet... :lol:

vike_mike
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I am all about peace here. We are all in the BOAT together. I am with you all.

NordicNed
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
I feel our recieving corps is just fine at this time, I see a few guys stepping up their play this season and doing their share to make or O respectable again....A leader in the league.....

C-PepNSalt
05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I think that picture makes people not feel so bad when they post a topic already out there..i know i wouldn't w/ that hottie!

Stonecoldet3
05-25-2006, 02:22 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

Not sold on Troy yet, either, but he's got the speed, as does Taylor and KRob.

KRob and MRob also have plenty of size for endzone corner fade routes.

I think, collectively we are alright at WR.

I also think that overall we have depth at WR, but I still think we lack a #1 reciever, K. Rob has only had 1 1,000 yard season in his career and the most TD's in one season was 5 (average is closer to about 2-3 TDs a season). Not saying he isn't talented just imho hasnt proven himself as a #1, Taylor is a decent 3 or 4 receiver and M.Rob is a good Endzone threat. Lelie wouldn't be a bad pick up, if he can contribute to the chemistry of the team and not act like T.ho.

triedandtruevikesfan
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:

I am all about peace here. We are all in the BOAT together. I am with you all.

I like that answer!!