PDA

View Full Version : Old Wade has built a nice resume

umaguma1979
05-21-2006, 03:04 AM
http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=36

Whats really interesting is that Wade played 19 years in the league, second for QB (Blanda). Had Denny not dumped him when he became coach, the Vikings might have reached the Super Bowl during the early years in the Green regime.

bigdaddy72_1
05-21-2006, 03:18 AM
If a player leaves the Vikings the are bound to do better for another team than they did for us. This is why I curious to see what Culpepper does for the Dolphins.

I personally don't think that Culpepper will do anymore for anyone else then he has done for us. I just don't think that a quarterback can be truly successful in this league without being a leader, and Culpepper is definitely no a leader. And I blame that one the fact that he came to us in the presence of Carter, among others, and just never adopted the mindset that he would have to lead the team.

BadlandsVikings
05-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Good to see.

slinkey
05-21-2006, 03:47 AM
He was one of my favorite players. Seriously underrated. I believe he was the last quarterback(besides us losing to the lowly falcons) to lead us to a championship game ...i think against the redskins....lost the game when darrin nelson dropped a goal line pass....

umaguma1979
05-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Wade could play....no doubt....

kramer9guy
05-21-2006, 04:40 AM
"slinkey" wrote:

He was one of my favorite players. Seriously underrated. I believe he was the last quarterback(besides us losing to the lowly falcons) to lead us to a championship game ...i think against the redskins....lost the game when darrin nelson dropped a goal line pass....

Don't forget the 2000 season when the Vikings returned to the NFC Championship Game, but lost again as they were humiliated 41-0 by the New York Giants in the Meadowlands. Daunte Culpepper was our QB and he was held to 78 yards passing and threw three interceptions.

But yeah, that Redskin game was a nightmare.

I always liked Wade.

umaguma1979
05-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Yeah the 2000 NFC championship game sure didnt feel like one......

BadlandsVikings
05-21-2006, 04:56 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

Yeah the 2000 NFC championship game sure didnt feel like one......Very very sad game.

YogidAbEAR
05-21-2006, 04:56 AM
yep, very sad

singersp
05-21-2006, 06:25 AM
"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:

If a player leaves the Vikings the are bound to do better for another team than they did for us. This is why I curious to see what Culpepper does for the Dolphins.

I personally don't think that Culpepper will do anymore for anyone else then he has done for us. I just don't think that a quarterback can be truly successful in this league without being a leader, and Culpepper is definitely no a leader. And I blame that one the fact that he came to us in the presence of Carter, among others, and just never adopted the mindset that he would have to lead the team.

As in Wilson, Johnson & Gannon.

Was it because we gave up on them to early?

I know with Johnson, it was a matter of too manny injuries.

ejmat
05-21-2006, 06:54 AM
I was crushed when Nelson dropped that ball on the goal line. I was crushed when we lost to the Falcons in 1998 (that should have been our year). I don't even want to talk about that Giant fiasco. I actually watched that game at a friend's house. He was a Giant fan. Not the best day of my life.

stjmnsota
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I always liked Wade, too. He did what a QB is supposed to do. Win as a member of a team and lose as a member of a team. Too bad Darrin let that ball bounce off his hands.

The Vikes always seem to have good luck with back up QBs coming in to play, but the starters are easily schucked off to another team to excell. Gannon should have been kept around a few more years and really allowed to develop. When he was here, they couldn't make up their mind if him or Salsbury should play. Each half had a different QB.

Regardless of BJ's injuries, the Vikes should have never let him go. They didn't give up on Robert Smith and look what happened. Just think if the Vikes would have babied Johnson and Gannon along as they have C. Pep. They might have had two great QBs.

Vikes_King
05-23-2006, 01:07 AM
might have, but who knows what would have happened with Tice behind the helm of the boat (no pun intended)

umaguma1979
05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I think it can be summed in two words....Denny Green. The man had no patience with any mistake made at QB. Look at the revolving door

cajunvike
05-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Wade...good ol' Texas boy!

kramer9guy
05-23-2006, 02:57 AM
On a side note...for those who don't know. Wade Wilson is a diabetic.

I remember hearing about him having to give himself insulin injections during games. I always thought that was pretty remarkable.

Deadly_Diabetic
05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Man it's good to see Wilson get some love!!!

He is THE REASON I'm a vikings fan. I've told the story atleast twice already so I won't bore anyone with it again but he gave me hope as a little kid when I was diagnosed. Beyond which, I got to meet him in Memphis when I was 10 and the Vikings were playing an exhibition game against the Chiefs. Still have a picture of my goober self with him and Anthony Carter (I've got an AC jersey on because it was the only Vikings jersey my mom could find).

I wish him all the success in the world!

-DD

BigMoInAZ
05-24-2006, 11:52 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

I think it can be summed in two words....Denny Green. The man had no patience with any mistake made at QB. Look at the revolving doording ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!
Gee, just think, Green loses a championship game at home with the NFL's most prolific offense in 98 and two years later his team gets smoked 41-0 to the JUGGERNAUT Giants who let Trent Dilfer beat them in a Super Bowl!

Yeah, I'd say Green certainly deserves the ridicule! It's well earned! :twisted: