PDA

View Full Version : Kinda funny now, but sure wasn't back in the day......



NordicNed
05-20-2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFctqGZs5Fk&search=Viking

I had to post this, haven't seen it myself in some time.... :roll: :lol:

YogidAbEAR
05-20-2006, 01:16 AM
you hotta love that play

2beersTommy
05-20-2006, 01:17 AM
LOL, always laughed at that guy who congratulates him

MightyVikes12391
05-20-2006, 01:31 AM
lol thats great

singersp
05-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Vikes_King
05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
LOL never seen/heard of that before, thanks for the post

2beersTommy
05-20-2006, 01:42 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

kinda like Bill Buckner.. sad if ya think about it

NordicNed
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
If you watch real close, it looks like the Ref even points to Jim to run the other way when he starts to run with the ball.....If you blink you'll miss it...

BadlandsVikings
05-20-2006, 02:09 AM
IT was sad at the time but you can kind of laugh at it now.

Mr. Purple
05-20-2006, 02:12 AM
haha thats pretty embarassing. I've actually seen that happen in person.Its quite a sight.

miakurtzy07
05-20-2006, 02:19 AM
Happen to my middle school basketball team ALL the time. Little kids have a hard time with the whole "our basket --->" "their basket <---" thing!

jdvike
05-20-2006, 02:36 AM
The thing that makes that a little less painful, is that the Vikings won that game.
Marshall should be in the HOF, I think it's a disgrace that he isn't yet.

mr.woo
05-20-2006, 03:04 AM
jim marshall was an absolute beast. i thought he was in the hall and now i know hes not i think its a disgrace

sleepagent
05-20-2006, 03:29 AM
Anybody notice the purple pants?

Yup, we wore 'em for a couple of seasons back then.

They're back!!!!

shawn9876uss
05-20-2006, 03:46 AM
You gotta laugh every time you see that play

NodakPaul
05-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Still hurts to watch that :grin:.

Marshall was awesome. Even the greatest are allowed a mistake now and then. :lol: Thank god we won. Had we lost by two points there would have been a riot...

vikeswin2005
05-20-2006, 04:09 AM
wow glad I was not old enough to see that game stuff would have been broken

singersp
05-20-2006, 04:48 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

Anybody notice the purple pants?

Yup, we wore 'em for a couple of seasons back then.

They're back!!!!

You realize of course, you just asked yourself a question & then answered it. :lol:

magick28
05-20-2006, 04:53 AM
To bad it wasnt a green bay packer who did this it more they style then ours but even ole jim laughs about it now

Ltrey33
05-20-2006, 04:59 AM
:lol: Wrong Way Jim....could only happen to the Vikes!

Look at how sweet those purple pants look though!

sleepagent
05-20-2006, 06:33 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

Anybody notice the purple pants?

Yup, we wore 'em for a couple of seasons back then.

They're back!!!!

You realize of course, you just asked yourself a question & then answered it. :lol:

We were having a chat session with me, myself, and I . . . pretty good one too . . . atleast until you killed the mojo. :razz:

Actually just a rehtorical question.

PurplePeopleEaters
05-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I have read tons of book passages and seen NFL films stuff about this play. Marshall should be a hall of famer despite the play.

PackSux!
05-20-2006, 06:40 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Up here in Duluth he will also be remembered for getting busted trafficing Cocaine.


That might explain him running the wrong way on that play.

singersp
05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Up here in Duluth he will also be remembered for getting busted trafficing Cocaine.


That might explain him running the wrong way on that play.

:???: I don't recollect ever hearing about that.

PackSux!
05-20-2006, 07:54 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Up here in Duluth he will also be remembered for getting busted trafficing Cocaine.


That might explain him running the wrong way on that play.

:???: I don't recollect ever hearing about that.

He was busted in Gary New Duluth, which is the far west side of duluth heading towards Fond Du Lac.

YogidAbEAR
05-20-2006, 07:57 AM
lol

bigdaddy72_1
05-20-2006, 10:24 AM
I can only imagine the sh!t that his teammates gave him...for the rest of his career.

singersp
05-20-2006, 01:50 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Up here in Duluth he will also be remembered for getting busted trafficing Cocaine.


That might explain him running the wrong way on that play.

:???: I don't recollect ever hearing about that.

He was busted in Gary New Duluth, which is the far west side of duluth heading towards Fond Du Lac.

And what was the outcome of that arrest?

jdvike
05-20-2006, 02:22 PM
What he did off the field should not influence him not going to the hall.
see L.T.
It is mostly the fact that the Vikings never won a S.B. I know it didnt effect some Vikings...Eller...Page...Krause....Yary...Tark etc.
But why else is Jim and Mick Tinglehoff(to name just a couple) not there yet?

wordsofwisejcb
05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Still Not Funny. :sad:

arrested_developer
05-20-2006, 11:56 PM
"PackSux!" wrote:


He was busted in Gary New Duluth, which is the far west side of duluth heading towards Fond Du Lac.

Wow. I didn't know that and I live in West Duluth.

Potus2028
05-21-2006, 12:01 AM
shouldnt that play have been a touchback, since he wasnt tackled in the endzone?

i think he thre the ball in the endzone, and it went out of bounds in the endzone.. thats not a safet, but rather a touchback right?

vikeswin2005
05-21-2006, 12:05 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"PackSux!" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Jim had an excellent career with the Vikings, but he'll always be remembered for that play.

Up here in Duluth he will also be remembered for getting busted trafficing Cocaine.


That might explain him running the wrong way on that play.

:???: I don't recollect ever hearing about that.

me either but here it is no outcome though Jim Marshall Arrested
Print Save

Published: December 1, 1990
The former Minnesota Viking defensive end Jim Marshall was in custody at the St. Louis County Jail yesterday after having been arrested on Thursday on suspicion of cocaine possession, the assistant St. Louis County Attorney Vern Swanum said. Marshall, 52 years old, was one of the original Vikings, playing for Minnesota from 1961 until 1979. (AP)

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE6DE113DF932A35751C1A966958260

i_bleed_purple
05-21-2006, 06:10 AM
"Potus2028" wrote:

shouldnt that play have been a touchback, since he wasnt tackled in the endzone?

i think he thre the ball in the endzone, and it went out of bounds in the endzone.. thats not a safet, but rather a touchback right?

yes but the way he threw it would make it an illegal foreward pass in the endzone which would result in a safety. had he ran to the correct endzone, but for some reason threw the ball through the endzone before he got in then it would be a touchback.