PDA

View Full Version : You wish Favre was a viking?

vikingsalltheway
08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
I know i do. I think we would have a superbowl win if he was our quarterback. I like Daunte and hopefully he'll develop into another Favre especially with Moss.

rjkvikings
08-17-2004, 08:58 PM
NO WAY!!! First, he's a packer. Second, he's too old. He'll be done playing too soon. I like Culpepper better.

vikingsalltheway
08-17-2004, 09:03 PM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

NO WAY!!! First, he's a packer. Second, he's too old. He'll be done playing too soon. I like Culpepper better.

So what if they released him i wish the vikings would pick him up right away. Culpepper has never have the team come from behind to win. I like Daunte too but he is awesome when we take a early lead like last year vs the chiefs, broncos and the slackers. He sucks when he's trying to have the team come from behind by 10 or so points to win like last year vs Giants he forced that pass and it was intercepted. We would have won i think if he didnt throw that pick.

magicci
08-17-2004, 09:05 PM
He's still getting into his prime i think soon he will be good enough to do anything

vikingsalltheway
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey guys this is off topic but do any of you get the abc family channel. Turn it on now!

magicci
08-17-2004, 09:09 PM
why what's on

ItalianStallion
08-17-2004, 09:10 PM
What an ignorant statement vikingsalltheway. I think Farve has been an All-Star Quarterback, but at this point in his career, he will never win another bowl. Culpepper is a top 10 QB in this league, Maybe the best in the NFC. All that crap about "he can't come back to win it", what are you talking about? He has engineering many game winning drives, look at Arizona last year, he gave us an 11 point lead before he left the field for the last time. There is more to winning from behind than having a quarterback. How about a defense that can hold the other teams offense long enough to keep us in the game, we havn't had one of those in a while.

Besides Farve isn't perfect, you name a Giants INT, what about Farve ending the game against the Eagles with that duck? In a divisional playoff game no less.

vikingsalltheway
08-17-2004, 09:11 PM
The river runs wild. That movie is awesome, Kevin Bacon!

vikingsalltheway
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

What an ignorant statement vikingsalltheway. I think Farve has been an All-Star Quarterback, but at this point in his career, he will never win another bowl. Culpepper is a top 10 QB in this league, Maybe the best in the NFC. All that crap about "he can't come back to win it", what are you talking about? He has engineering many game winning drives, look at Arizona last year, he gave us an 11 point lead before he left the field for the last time. There is more to winning from behind than having a quarterback. How about a defense that can hold the other teams offense long enough to keep us in the game, we havn't had one of those in a while.

Besides Farve isn't perfect, you name a Giants INT, what about Farve ending the game against the Eagles with that duck? In a divisional playoff game no less.

I hate the guy as much as the next viking fan does cause he is a fudgepacker. I am not backing him either only wishing he was a viking. Culpepper needs to perform under pressure, something he just can't do for some reason. I would like Favre to fold under pressure not Daunte.

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2004, 09:23 PM
If Favre was a Viking we'd be undefeated in the Super Bowl since 1998, no doubt about it.

He is the best quarterback in football right now, and will be until he retires, whether or not the packers make the playoffs.

Culpepper is not worthy of lacing his shoes, and I bleed purple and gold. Culpepper has the physical skills, but he doesn't have the heart. Yet. I hope he proves me wrong THIS YEAR.

cheesefree
08-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Hell no. The Vikings don't need any more old washed up QB's. They have had enough of those with Mcmahon, Moon and George. Daunte is the man. Dauntes numbers compare very nicely with the demigod Brett Favre. In fact, his numbers are better than Favres when you compare the first four years of their careers. Daunte has run for a 1000 more yards and is +19 rushing TD's.

rjkvikings
08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

If Favre was a Viking we'd be undefeated in the Super Bowl since 1998, no doubt about it.

He is the best quarterback in football right now, and will be until he retires, whether or not the packers make the playoffs.

Culpepper is not worthy of lacing his shoes, and I bleed purple and gold. Culpepper has the physical skills, but he doesn't have the heart. Yet. I hope he proves me wrong THIS YEAR.

First, i doubt Favre could have done so much that we'd have won that game against the Giants or gone to the SB in 2001 and 2002. Second, when you compare both Culpepper's and Favre's stats I'd say he's plenty worthy.

pudgesoprano
08-17-2004, 10:02 PM
quote="vikingsalltheway"]

I hate the guy as much as the next viking fan does cause he is a fudgepacker. I am not backing him either only wishing he was a viking. Culpepper needs to perform under pressure, something he just can't do for some reason. I would like Favre to fold under pressure not Daunte.[/quote]

culpepper led a comeback against the bills week 2 2002,then the d blow's it
against the bucs in 2001 week 3
against the saints in 2002
led the vikings tying drive against the falcons
against miami 2002 4th quarter comeback

dan3ski
08-18-2004, 01:26 AM
I would not have minded Farve in his prime but not now.

casper
08-18-2004, 03:11 AM
unfortunately had Farve been a viking he would have been the best thing since sliced bread... but he wasn't so...but giving the man his due he was a great QB in his time and will rank with th elikes of but his time is UP and Culpepper is our man and he will be just fine for me but what do I know way over here.

hawaiianvike21
08-18-2004, 04:02 AM
If you were asking this a number of years ago, i might have said yes, since he was league mvp and led the pack to the superbowl as well as being in his prime. If you ask me now, no. Hes more injury prone ever before and is one disaster away from blowing the season for the team. Age is a concern and he isint as mobile as he once was.

Id take him because of his leadership, desire to win it all again and his arm slinging ability. Other then that, we dont need him. We have cully anywayz. :D

vikeroo
08-18-2004, 04:17 AM
Was anyone at the 2000 opener when Culpepper ran for 3 TD's and hooked up on a long pass with Moss in coming from behind against the Bears (yes I was at that game)... He has engineered a few combacks and has barely started 50 games yet... Hmmm, Brett Favre did what his 5th year as a starter? Favre was the 90's, this is Culpepper's decade!

(BTW Favre couldn't hold Elway's jock!!! Favre is still a HOF'er though)

purplepat
08-18-2004, 07:05 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Both of these statements are complete BS!

First, if Favre had been saddled with a team whose defense was as bad as the Vikings defense has been since 1999, he would have put up approximately the same kind of W-L records that Jeff George and Culpepper have produced. Favre would have thrown a lot more INTs as he tries to score 30 pts. each week to keep his team in the game.

Second, Favre is not the best QB in football right now. His 20+ INTs last year speak to that point (regardless of his NFL leading 30+ TD passes). Peyton Manning is the top QB in football right now, without question.

I would have LOVED to have a gamer like Favre as a Viking from day one. I don't know if the Vikings would have won a Super Bowl or not; the Vikings have generally had pretty good QB play from whomever since Favre joined the Packers. At this point in his career, I would only want Favre as a backup. Obviously, he could start for the Vikings, but I like the skills that Culpepper brings to the position and would play Culpepper over Favre.

VKG4LFE
08-18-2004, 01:54 PM
4th quarter comebacks are overrated!! If you are that good your team shouldn't be behind that much!! That is such an overrated stat!

RandyMoss8404
08-18-2004, 02:25 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Both of these statements are complete BS!

First, if Favre had been saddled with a team whose defense was as bad as the Vikings defense has been since 1999, he would have put up approximately the same kind of W-L records that Jeff George and Culpepper have produced. Favre would have thrown a lot more INTs as he tries to score 30 pts. each week to keep his team in the game.

Second, Favre is not the best QB in football right now. His 20+ INTs last year speak to that point (regardless of his NFL leading 30+ TD passes). Peyton Manning is the top QB in football right now, without question.

I would have LOVED to have a gamer like Favre as a Viking from day one. I don't know if the Vikings would have won a Super Bowl or not; the Vikings have generally had pretty good QB play from whomever since Favre joined the Packers. At this point in his career, I would only want Favre as a backup. Obviously, he could start for the Vikings, but I like the skills that Culpepper brings to the position and would play Culpepper over Favre.

Right. This is called 'blind optimism.' It's bad.

edit: Favre > Manning. I've explained why several times. I will not do it again. It's simply true. When Favre has Marvin Harrison to throw to, we can make this comparison. Same for when/if Culpepper doesn't have Moss.

bigdogbovy
08-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Would I have taken favre years ago. yes. Now No.

Was farve great, yes, Is he great now, maybe

SKOL
08-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Favre's fun to watch..., but he'd drive me crazy if he were my quarterback, even more than Daunte's fumbles. Favre's a gambler and takes a lot of chances (which is probably why he's fun to watch). Tony Dungy says that every single game Favre throws 3 or 4 balls that could be picked off. He always told his defense that if they intercepted those balls they'd win the game. Dungy's defenses have always played Favre well.

sdvikefan
08-19-2004, 07:07 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

If you were asking this a number of years ago, i might have said yes, since he was league mvp and led the pack to the superbowl as well as being in his prime. If you ask me now, no. Hes more injury prone ever before and is one disaster away from blowing the season for the team. Age is a concern and he isint as mobile as he once was.

Id take him because of his leadership, desire to win it all again and his arm slinging ability. Other then that, we dont need him. We have cully anywayz. :D

Yeah I agree with you on all of that. Back then I really did wish Favre played for us, but now with him being older and injury prone and Culpepper being what he is, I'd say not anymore. Still have a lot of respect for the guy, except for that ugly green jersey.

Viking_Spirit
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
If it was when Favray was into his wee years as a Packer, then sure. Now, HELL NO!!!!! First off, he's washed up (still good). Second off, he's a career Packer, and I couldn't stand a career Packer on our team.

wv__viking__fan
08-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't piss on farve if he was on fire.

purplehorn
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
I believe Favre will lead his team to Joes pub this year.
as that is where they will be watching Cully and
crew in the playoffs wondering what could have been.

duffVIkEs
08-20-2004, 11:53 PM
NO!!!!

duffVIkEs
08-20-2004, 11:54 PM
NO!!!!