PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Shot?

bmc342
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Wilf testified in front of the joint Senate/House committee Monday and withdrew the Vikings request for $115 million for a retractable roof. He did this despite the fact that Anoka county officials have made it clear they want a roof. Despite the cost saving, does anyone else see this as a cheap shot by Wilf? The Vikings made a deal with Anoka county and then changed it without even conferring with them. Good luck dealing with the Anoka county board next year if the stadium bill doesn't pass this year.

mnjamie
05-16-2006, 07:04 PM
"bmc342" wrote:

Wilf testified in front of the joint Senate/House committee Monday and withdrew the Vikings request for $115 million for a retractable roof. He did this despite the fact that Anoka county officials have made it clear they want a roof. Despite the cost saving, does anyone else see this as a cheap shot by Wilf? The Vikings made a deal with Anoka county and then changed it without even conferring with them. Good luck dealing with the Anoka county board next year if the stadium bill doesn't pass this year.

Link Please???

If this is true, I can see Anoka county withdrawing their offer completely. IMO I don't see the Vikes getting their stadium this legislative session and now if Wilfi "cut of his nose to spite his face" .... this deal is done for a long time.

shockzilla
05-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I don't see it as a cheap shot - I think he's trying to help get the deal passed by shrinking the cost of the deal.

BadlandsVikings
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
He wants something to get done, it' not cheap at all. To me it means he will to do anything to keep the team in Minnesota.

mblack76
05-16-2006, 07:12 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I don't see it as a cheap shot - I think he's trying to help get the deal passed by shrinking the cost of the deal.
I agree. However this should not be done at the expense of both sides negotiation or talking things over before him going public. I hope they did anyways!

mnjamie
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Anoka County, his "partner" in this venture has already numerous times stated they want a roof on the stadium (retracable or not) for it to be finacially viable for them. If Wilfi made this decision without their consent, it can only mean troubled waters between the two.

But again, Still Waiting On A Link to confirm that this even happened though. :roll:

cajunvike
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
"bmc342" wrote:

Then let Anoka County pay for the cost of the roof...the FIXED roof...and then Wilf AND Anoka County can split the cost of the difference between the fixed roof and the retractable roof...that way everyone pays for what they want...and splits the cost of the compromise item (the retractable roof).

As for me, that is why my car has a retractable roof...I want a convertible, my wife wants a hardtop...the retractable roof is the compromise...of course, I pay for the whole thing...but that's a whole 'nother issue! :lol:

NeumDog
05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/435648.html

Here's the link to the article in the StarTribune.

This thing was never going to get done this year anyway. I have my doubts about any of them.

nephilimstorm
05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Notes and Transactions

Notes

May 15 Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/notes;_ylt=Ahq2UP1odZLWSuuSRICPTNpDubYF

cajunvike
05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Note to legislature:

1. Remove head from rear end
2. Clean out crap from ears
3. Listen to the taxpayers
4. Pass the stadium deal

ultravikingfan
05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
"bmc342" wrote:

In the future, post link and give credit to the source. :wink:

RK.
05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I think it is just a strategic move in the negotiations. Now the State Legislature can argue with Anoka county instead of Wilf. I suspect Wilf has told Anoka County officials that he would be happy to have a retractable roof if they can talk the State into the deal. :wink:

olson_10
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
that is in no way a cheap shot..how does making the deal more manageable make that a cheap shot? the guy doesnt want the team moving out of minnesota, and the vikes can have the advantage of the cold weather again

NodakPaul
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
"bmc342" wrote:

No where in that article does it say that he didn't confer with Anoka County first. I am sure the issue has been brought up before. Wilf isn't one to make spur of the moment decisions.

Be sure you don't read too much between the lines. This is where rumors and untruths come from. :wink:

Vikes_King
05-17-2006, 12:36 AM
we all know what happens when you assume

^_^ you make an A$$ out of U & ME

oh yeah and wilf rocks my socks