PDA

View Full Version : Was listening to NFL Sirius radio today

enlvikeman
05-16-2006, 05:10 AM
And Koren Robinson had a 15 minute segment. The guy seems really upbeat and excited about this season. One thing that stood out to me was he kept saying T. Jackson was a beast. He was giggling like a kid and kept repeating the same thing over and over about T. Jackson. He says he came into camp wearing an ipod and didn't appear nervous at all. Koren also stated that he usually never gives "props" to other NFL players but he just had to with Jackson. He then talked about how he was over his problems of the past. He summed his interview up with saying that the way Jackson is throwing the ball, absorbing the playbook, conveying charisma in the huddle, that there might be a little "QB contraversy" before the season ended. A comment was also made by Sharper (reference Jackson) stating that he might have to once again watch broken fingers going for interceptions like he had to with Favre.

Anyone else excited for pre-season yet?

Oh by the way, If you do not have Sirius radio, get it! The best money I have ever spent!

BadlandsVikings
05-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Very excited about pre-season, and regular season. It needs to hurry up and get here. I made the mistake and got XM.

Vikes_King
05-16-2006, 05:16 AM
im almost more excited for the preseason then the regular season right now... i really want to see the draftpicks and other people in action that normally dont see much of the spotlight

singersp
05-16-2006, 05:22 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

I've been excited for a month already!

The more praise that T-Jack gets from players & coaches, the warmer my fuzzy becomes about drafting him.

SharperVikings
05-16-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm so excited for the preseason that i cant wait!! :lol:

DarrinNelsonguy
05-16-2006, 05:32 AM
I guess the backup QB really is the most beloved player in town. Now I know he may look great now but it is going to take some time for the young man to learn the game.

enlvikeman
05-16-2006, 05:46 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I guess the backup QB really is the most beloved player in town. Now I know he may look great now but it is going to take some time for the young man to learn the game.

Your right of course. I just think it's satisfying to see the kid do well after giving up two thirds on him. Kinda gives me a reassuring feeling Childress has a clue.

DarrinNelsonguy
05-16-2006, 05:48 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Your right of course. I just think it's satisfying to see the kid do well after giving up two thirds on him. Kinda gives me a reassuring feeling Childress has a clue.

Everyone said the kid has a cannon for an arm let's just hope he progresses as the season goes on and is ready to start in a year or 2. Glad the young man is in town and ready to work and understands what is expected of him.

damien927
05-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Heck, I hope Johnson is playing well AND there is a QB shake up!

Benet
05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
This is looking good for the QB position.. I cannot wait to see Tarvaris in pre-season now!

petrodemos
05-16-2006, 07:55 AM
okay, calm down....calm down everybody, yes he has a rocket for an arm (highlights from yahoo - if you havent seen it yet, check it out), yes hes smart can make the right desicions, and what not, but lets all sit back and take a deep breath...does this not happen every year ? remember the time....when we were given a randy ratio and randy moss is was going to be better than ever! our defense was going to be top ten because of new free agents and culpepper was going to throw for 50tds! so many things come out around this time it gets a little crazy, yes im excited too, but quarterback contraversy? lets get real here for a second. johnson is the quarterback, jackson will be the quarterback in two years, and maybe, yes maybe next year...okay every body breath out, and calm down....

Warp
05-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah im getting more and more excited to see TJ in preseason, ive always liked that we picked him i was just a little critical that we have up 2 3rd rounders for him but the way its going its gonna be worth it.

olson_10
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
i hope jackson pulls through so everybody can stop hatin on management for picking him

olson_10
05-16-2006, 09:40 AM
"petrodemos" wrote:

okay, calm down....calm down everybody, yes he has a rocket for an arm (highlights from yahoo - if you havent seen it yet, check it out), yes hes smart can make the right desicions, and what not, but lets all sit back and take a deep breath...does this not happen every year ? remember the time....when we were given a randy ratio and randy moss is was going to be better than ever! our defense was going to be top ten because of new free agents and culpepper was going to throw for 50tds! so many things come out around this time it gets a little crazy, yes im excited too, but quarterback contraversy? lets get real here for a second. johnson is the quarterback, jackson will be the quarterback in two years, and maybe, yes maybe next year...okay every body breath out, and calm down....
lol i think you need to calm down..only one person has said they want to see a shakeup..you cant put us all down for being excited about our QB of the future, but nobody (except for 1 person) has said they want to see him starting this year

ThorSPL
05-16-2006, 09:53 AM
The only reason the person said they wanted a shakeup was because it would mean he's doing THAT well... Not that he's God's gift, but that it would mean he is REALLY panning out....

back off a lil!!!

enlvikeman
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
"petrodemos" wrote:

these are they type of posts and posters I just don't get.

Jarlvik2006
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM
BJ this year (and maybe next year), TJ for the future.
Skol to the potential REAL SOD!

whackthepack
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
"petrodemos" wrote:

OK, thanks Mike Tice.

cajunvike
05-16-2006, 04:22 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

And Koren Robinson had a 15 minute segment. The guy seems really upbeat and excited about this season. One thing that stood out to me was he kept saying T. Jackson was a beast. He was giggling like a kid and kept repeating the same thing over and over about T. Jackson. He says he came into camp wearing an ipod and didn't appear nervous at all. Koren also stated that he usually never gives "props" to other NFL players but he just had to with Jackson. He then talked about how he was over his problems of the past. He summed his interview up with saying that the way Jackson is throwing the ball, absorbing the playbook, conveying charisma in the huddle, that there might be a little "QB contraversy" before the season ended. A comment was also made by Sharper (reference Jackson) stating that he might have to once again watch broken fingers going for interceptions like he had to with Favre.

Oh by the way, If you do not have Sirius radio, get it! The best money I have ever spent!

Serious???

Vikes
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Awsome...I like the sound of that.

petrodemos
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

"petrodemos" wrote:

yeah you dont.

"ThorSPL" wrote:

The only reason the person said they wanted a shakeup was because it would mean he's doing THAT well... Not that he's God's gift, but that it would mean he is REALLY panning out....

back off a lil!!!

good god, just doing a little mike tice improv.....
everyone was meant as in everyone hoping for a QB controversy, because obviously not everybody wants it, i understand there was only one post about it, but how many are reading these threads...? you guys calm now?

The Dude: Just take it easy man.
Walter Sobchak: I'm perfectly calm, Dude.
The Dude: [Shouting] Yeah, waving the fucking gun around?!
Walter Sobchak: [Smugly] I'm calmer than you are, Dude.
The Dude: Will you just take it easy?
Walter Sobchak: Calmer than you are.

PAvikesfan
05-16-2006, 05:19 PM
there will be no contraversy... if BJ gets injured, McMahon will come in...lose 2 games badly, then Tavaras Jackson will get to play.

that is pretty accurate IMO. if BJ is healthy for the whole season and even has mediocre success, you will not see tavaras play except in preseason.

Benet
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

there will be no contraversy... if BJ gets injured, McMahon will come in...lose 2 games badly, then Tavaras Jackson will get to play.

that is pretty accurate IMO. if BJ is healthy for the whole season and even has mediocre success, you will not see tavaras play except in preseason.

Absolutely spot-on.

I agree with this analysis completely.

VikingPatrick
05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Hmmmm lets see,
Daunte Cullpepper was the # 12 over all pick and I do recall he was GOD AWFULL PUTRID his rookie season when he played in the preseason.
After a year of sitting Denny said he was ready and he goes out and has a probowl year.
Fast forward to this year.....Now we have a guy that NOBODY knew of or expected us to take...he throws a couple of nice balls in his first practice and we are ready to annoint him god....NOT YET people!!
Lets wait till next season on this one and see if hes ready to at least be the # 2 guy!!

VikesfaninWis
05-16-2006, 06:05 PM
That's a question you don't even have to ask.. I think we all are ready for the start of the season.. What is really good about it, is that we play the first Monday Night Football game of the season, and it is on the road.. So we will for sure be able to watch it, and we will see our Vikes in their new purple pants in the first game of the season..

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Vikessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Zeus
05-16-2006, 06:16 PM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

Very excited about pre-season, and regular season. It needs to hurry up and get here. I made the mistake and got XM.

I love XM. The only reason to get it would be for the NFL, I suppose, but that doesn't seem a compelling enough reason to me. Even when I was living outside of Vikings territory, I was able to get my fix of news and information on the Vikes from the internet and other sources.

=Z=

enlvikeman
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
"petrodemos" wrote:

"enlvikeman" wrote:

"petrodemos" wrote:

yeah you dont.

"ThorSPL" wrote:

back off a lil!!!

good god, just doing a little mike tice improv.....
everyone was meant as in everyone hoping for a QB controversy, because obviously not everybody wants it, i understand there was only one post about it, but how many are reading these threads...? you guys calm now?

The Dude: Just take it easy man.
Walter Sobchak: I'm perfectly calm, Dude.
The Dude: [Shouting] Yeah, waving the fricken gun around?!
Walter Sobchak: [Smugly] I'm calmer than you are, Dude.
The Dude: Will you just take it easy?
Walter Sobchak: Calmer than you are.

Yes Greenhorn, I do not get it. Telling people to calm down when they get excited over something that another Viking player said. What you don't get is that no realistic Viking fan is asking for the man to start. Alot of us are just happy that we can see why we gave up two picks to get the guy...when the rest of the nfl was laughing. I knew a reply like this was coming. I could see it a mile away.

twiztedfait
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
- 2 brownie points for talking about meathead, petro =P

I hope he pans out. I really do. I like the way he is being talked up by his teamates. Sounds like a good pick. I can't wait untill the PS so I/we can watch him play.

cajunvike
05-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Like I said, I hope to be eating my words in a couple of years...but most importantly, I want to win NOW!!!