PDA

View Full Version : KFFL Vikings tidbits (15 May 2006)



Prophet
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Ward misses practice
Mon, 15 May 2006 11:40:01 -0700

Sean Jensen, ot the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marvin Ward (hamstring) did not practice Sunday, May 14.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Goodspeed kept out of practice
Mon, 15 May 2006 11:24:15 -0700

Sean Jensen, ot the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Joey Goodspeed (knee) did not practice Sunday, May 14.

Vikes_King
05-15-2006, 10:14 PM
injuries :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Benficaviking
05-15-2006, 10:16 PM
where done now!!!

Euphman06
05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
"Benficaviking" wrote:

where done now!!!


you mean... WE'RE done now!!!?

BadlandsVikings
05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
STOP GETTING HURT!!!

VikesfaninWis
05-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Those guys mentioned right there are not even a concern, as none are starters.. Let them heal, and watch the 1st stringers do what they do.. Afterall, its what they would have done anyways..

shawn9876uss
05-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Those are just minor injuries anyways

Prophet
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Vikings | Offseason schedule almost set
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:37:14 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings offseason strength and conditioning program will resume this week, and head coach Brad Childress has scheduled the first of 14 Organized Team Activities (OTAs) for next week. Spring practices will end with a voluntary minicamp at the end of June. The team has not released the dates for the minicamp.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Griffin excused from practice
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:35:30 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Cedric Griffin was excused from practice Monday, May 15, at the team's minicamp.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Goodspeed tears ACL
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:34:55 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Joey Goodspeed (knee) suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee Saturday afternoon, May 13, and almost certainly won't be available to play this season. Head coach Brad Childress said only that Goodspeed "hurt his knee," but a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the diagnosis.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team willing to go with open-air stadium
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:39 -0700

Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Greenway still needs to adjust to pace of NFL
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:16 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway still needs to adjust to the pace of the NFL, according to defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin. Tomlin added, "He's really done some good things. To be quite honest with you, he needs to do a better job of hustling, but I say that and we're giving him extra reps."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Leber protecting 2005 injury
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:25:55 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber (foot) missed some work over the weekend to avoid aggravating his foot injury suffered last season.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Offord protecting 2005 injury
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:25:26 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FS Willie Offord (knee) missed some work over the weekend to avoid aggravating his knee injury suffered last season.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Goodspeed dinged up over weekend
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:24:40 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Joey Goodspeed (knee) missed some work over the weekend.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Ward dinged up over weekend
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:24:10 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marvin Ward (hamstring) missed some work over the weekend.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Goldberg dinged up over weekend
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:23:08 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Adam Goldberg (hamstring) missed some work over the weekend.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sharper misses practice Monday
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:09:39 -0700

Jon Krawczynski, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FS Darren Sharper missed practice Monday, May 15, due to personal reasons.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | UDFA Foliaki signed
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:09:04 -0700

The Minnesota Vikings have signed undrafted rookie free agent LB Lee Foliaki (Texas A&M) to a one-year, $275,000 contract.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Ward misses practice
Mon, 15 May 2006 11:40:01 -0700

Sean Jensen, ot the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Marvin Ward (hamstring) did not practice Sunday, May 14.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Goodspeed kept out of practice
Mon, 15 May 2006 11:24:15 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Joey Goodspeed (knee) did not practice Sunday, May 14.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team has not contacted Bailey
Mon, 15 May 2006 05:52:47 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not contacted Jacksonville Jaguars director of pro scouting Charles Bailey about their head of player personnel opening. Bailey was the runner-up when the Minnesota Vikings hired former Jags executive Fran Foley from the San Diego Chargers for the job. After Foley was let go, there was speculation in Minnesota that Bailey might now receive the nod. Bailey said he hasn't been contacted by the Vikings since Foley was fired. He might have to be patient because Vikings' owner Zygi Wilf indicated at the team's minicamp that he might take months to make a decision on replacing Foley.

Zeus
05-16-2006, 06:22 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Vikings | Team willing to go with open-air stadium
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:39 -0700

Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.

And people accuse Zygi of being greedy. He's said ALL ALONG that he wants an open-air stadium. It's the county who want the roof, as stated above, so they can host other things.

Why doesn't the legislature get that???

=Z=

cajunvike
05-16-2006, 06:24 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Vikings | Team willing to go with open-air stadium
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:39 -0700

Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.

And people accuse Zygi of being greedy. He's said ALL ALONG that he wants an open-air stadium. It's the county who want the roof, as stated above, so they can host other things.

Why doesn't the legislature get that???

=Z=

Because they are playing politics...does that surprise you??? :mad:

Zeus
05-16-2006, 06:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Vikings | Team willing to go with open-air stadium
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:26:39 -0700

Brian Bakst, of the Associated Press, reports Minnesota Vikings vice president Lester Bagley told legislative negotiators dealing with stadium proposals that the team is willing to forego a retractable roof to shave costs and eliminate the need for $115 million in state subsidies. Bagley said it would reduce the price by $560 million, but another $115 million is being sought after by the team and Anoka County to improve the roads to complement the Blaine facility. Team owner Zygi Wilf would insist on no roof over a fixed roof, according to Bagley. With a retractable roof, the team would likely keep the top open on many game days. He added 70 percent of the seats would be covered by some type of overhang and there would be other heating to keep fans warm. Anoka County leaders are insisting the stadium include either a fixed or retractable roof to attract other event like the Super Bowl, the NCAA Basketball Final Four or concerts.

And people accuse Zygi of being greedy. He's said ALL ALONG that he wants an open-air stadium. It's the county who want the roof, as stated above, so they can host other things.

Why doesn't the legislature get that???

=Z=

Because they are playing politics...does that surprise you??? :mad:

Sadly, no.

=Z=

Vikes_King
05-17-2006, 12:31 AM
i personally would love the retractable roof.. but yes, wilf has said all along he wants an open-air stadium..

honest, i just want the damn thing, dont care whether or not it has a roof, although the retractable one does sound really good to me (but less realistic)