PDA

View Full Version : my madden story

arrested_developer
05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I was recently playing a franchise game on Madden 06, I'm in my second year (Tarvaris is the QB), and I had a week six matchup against Daunte and the Dolphins. At that point, I had the best rush defense in the league, but the worst pass defense. So I was commited to stopping Daunte to save my stats. Turns out I end up sacking him 11 times (5 by D. Thomas), he goes 0 for 9 with one int (Winfield), two safeties (Greenway, Udeze), and of course zero yards passing. Ronnie Brown didn't do too well either (13 rush, 19 yds, 2 fum). I won the game 31-0, and it was the first time I held my opponent to negative total yards, no completions, no possessions past midfield, and just one first down.

If Daunte's healthy, I hope the real game this season ends up like that.

ItalianStallion
05-14-2006, 09:59 PM
What, are you playing on rookie difficulty?

PurplePride80
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

^ He probably was playing on rookie.

When I'm playing a franchise in Madden I always play on all-madden, because If I don't, the computer won't give me any competition. It's no fun when you can easily dominate the computer, that's why it's best to play on all-madden, or play online.

Vikes_King
05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
playing on rookie is fun sometimes ^_^ but have to have really short quarters or it just takes forvever and get a score like 105-0..

ZDoy379
05-14-2006, 10:13 PM
"arrested_developer" wrote:

I was recently playing a franchise game on Madden 06, I'm in my second year (Tarvaris is the QB), and I had a week six matchup against Daunte and the Dolphins. At that point, I had the best rush defense in the league, but the worst pass defense. So I was commited to stopping Daunte to save my stats. Turns out I end up sacking him 11 times (5 by D. Thomas), he goes 0 for 9 with one int (Winfield), two safeties (Greenway, Udeze), and of course zero yards passing. Ronnie Brown didn't do too well either (13 rush, 19 yds, 2 fum). I won the game 31-0, and it was the first time I held my opponent to negative total yards, no completions, no possessions past midfield, and just one first down.

If Daunte's healthy, I hope the real game this season ends up like that.
What did you do create all the players we drafted or download the rosters somehow.

arrested_developer
05-14-2006, 10:18 PM
If I was playing on rookie why would I have had the worst pass defense in the league? I play on all-pro. And I just had a great game statistically when usually my opponent ends up with 250+ passing yards.

arrested_developer
05-14-2006, 10:20 PM
"ZDoy379" wrote:

What did you do create all the players we drafted or download the rosters somehow.

I created all the players. I made Tarvaris at 66 overall, and with progression, he jumped up to 85 in just two years.

ChiTownVike
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I think he made his own difficulty level where you can change like the AI passing, rushing, and other stats..

I could do that too then

Ltrey33
05-15-2006, 12:11 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

playing on rookie is fun sometimes ^_^ but have to have really short quarters or it just takes forvever and get a score like 105-0..

I think the game is more fun on rookie. If you make the quarters 4 or 5 minutes you get a realistic final score (31-0 ish) and realistic stats.

BadlandsVikings
05-15-2006, 12:23 AM
If you play on rookie you can go undefeated all the time. Alsp if you use your Madden Cards, that's a sure way not to lose.

YogidAbEAR
05-15-2006, 12:25 AM
your just not good at madden then, i play 3 minute quarters, and when i use the rookie difficulty(i use all-pro ussually) i can score about 30 points a quarter. at the 4-5 minutes you use i've actually gotten 190+ points. at that point it's just not much fun anymore

simonsparre
05-15-2006, 12:33 AM
I only play madden online in communities. My last 4 matches has gone down to the last second. Yesterday i lost to the Vikigns (I am playing with Jaguars) 42-38. He scored a 20 yard touchdown with 0 secons remaining :(

Potus2028
05-15-2006, 01:30 AM
i've made a team..

a shoddy average of 70 team

each year of my franchise ive bumped the setting up..

so in a few weeks my new franchise will be playing on hard..

i dont like making players, caus you can make them how you want... i've only made one player on my franchise..

i get the most fun out of trading and then progressing my players, then managing the cap..

to me the game is secondary, all the managerial stuff is more challenging

Eyedea
05-15-2006, 01:37 AM
I usually play 10 min quarters (excellerated clock), and somewhere between all pro and all madden, using sliders. It proveds the most realistic scores and stats, for me.

i_bleed_purple
05-15-2006, 01:51 AM
"Potus2028" wrote:

i've made a team..

i dont like making players, caus you can make them how you want... i've only made one player on my franchise..

i get the most fun out of trading and then progressing my players, then managing the cap..

managing the cap is a joke. right now in my franchise the cap is something like 120 million, and i'm 30 mil under. probably has something to do with my team making the maximum possible money every week.

personally, for me anything under all-madden is a joke, but i sometimes find all-madden challenging. i usually have to play with the AI a bit to make it an even game, because even on all-madden, i crank out 190 rush y/game and 300 py/g, with the leagues best rush defense, but the worst pass defense.

my madden story,(perhaps this is a sign of something to come) in i htink the 2007 season, both the vikings and chargers went undefeated with the vikings winning the superbowl against the chargers. (i did not control the chargers at all, but i played as the vikings for most of the season and simulated some of it.)

PurplePeopleEaters
05-15-2006, 03:48 AM
"Potus2028" wrote:

i've made a team..

I agree. That and importing draft classes etc. is the most challenging but the most fun to work on.