PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line keeping seven?

slinkey
05-13-2006, 05:47 AM
If that is true, we already know who they will be...

Bryant Mckinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk,
Artis Hicks (whom they just traded for during the draft) and Marcus Johnson will be the 5 starters.

And Ryan Cook (drafted round 2) and Mike Rosenthal the back ups?

That leaves out of a job...

Sean Bubin (who is he)
Adam Goldberg
Anthony Herrera
Chris Liwenski
Mark Wilson (who is he too)

Maybe they keep 8 and who do you keep? Goldberg herrera and Liwenski all sucked last year. I am not sold on Marcus Johnson as a starter either. But if he doenst start, Im sure it will be Rosenthal. Or maybe the two guys I dont know. Quite honestly, I see them cutting Rosenthal, Liwenski and Herrera

cc21
05-13-2006, 05:51 AM
I like Herrera's energy and I would like to see the Vikings hold on to him and see what he can do. I think that he could be a pretty good lineman with some work.

BadlandsVikings
05-13-2006, 05:53 AM
I just hope they do their job and protect Mr. Johnson.

PurplePeopleEaters
05-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Whoever does the best in camp wins the starting jobs and spots on the team REGARDLESS of who they are. If Hutch sucks in camp and bubin is better, I say keep bubin (although I know that won't happen).

howkings
05-13-2006, 05:59 AM
They also picked up Jason Whittle in the off-season.

cajunvike
05-13-2006, 05:59 AM
I think that they keep 8...and put the rookies on the practice squad.

VikesfaninWis
05-13-2006, 06:08 AM
I say McKinney, Hutch, Birk, Hicks, and Whittle as starters..

MightyVikes12391
05-13-2006, 02:54 PM
"slinkey" wrote:

If that is true, we already know who they will be...

Bryant Mckinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk,
Artis Hicks (whom they just traded for during the draft) and Marcus Johnson will be the 5 starters.

And Ryan Cook (drafted round 2) and Mike Rosenthal the back ups?

That leaves out of a job...

Sean Bubin (who is he)
Adam Goldberg
Anthony Herrera
Chris Liwenski
Mark Wilson (who is he too)

Maybe they keep 8 and who do you keep? Goldberg herrera and Liwenski all sucked last year. I am not sold on Marcus Johnson as a starter either. But if he doenst start, Im sure it will be Rosenthal. Or maybe the two guys I dont know. Quite honestly, I see them cutting Rosenthal, Liwenski and Herrera
I like that starting five

Ltrey33
05-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Anyone else think Cook is going to end up at right tackle? At 6'7 he's definately got the size to do it, and supposedly he's got the mobility to do it as well. I think he ends up playing right tackle by the time everything is said and done.

slinkey
05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
you may be right....if not, then at least he is a better back up center than withrow....hmm...never thought about the right tackle thing....that would make more sense taking him number two

Vikes_King
05-13-2006, 10:59 PM
hopefully m. johnson is better this year, could be a good starter. i dont know too much about some of the linemen we pickedup

V4L
05-13-2006, 11:14 PM
I would keep the 5 starters..

And keep Cook, Herrera and Goldberg

Rest of the decent lineman can be practice squaders like Rosey and Lewinski

brandsp
05-13-2006, 11:19 PM
gotta go with 8, 7 is just too thin.

Cook, Herrera, and Rosey as back-ups.

BTW-I like Hicks as a pick up as he knows the system and Johnson at RT is a newbie and will benefit from someone who knows what the calls next to him.

PackSux!
05-13-2006, 11:19 PM
I think the starters are going to be Mckinney-Hutch-Birk-Hicks-Johnson.

Then we will have Whittle, Cook, Herrera and Goldberg. That makes nine and that is what i am going with. I personally think only keeping seven lineman would be stupid, i like the idea of having good solid backup lineman so they can come in and give the starters a rest here and there or come in when a starter goes down.

snowinapril
05-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Minimum will be eight.

I think that we know 4, the 5th is a ?.

I hope that Marcus didn't get complacent this summer.

I also hope that Cook turns out to be a stud.

I also think that Goldberg is on the chopping block. If you are a BACK UP how many years do the keep you around. Might have to gamble on younger rookie type guys.

viks_fan21
05-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Mount Mckinnie, Hutch, Birk, Artis Hicks, and Marcus starting. I agree with you there. I'd say Cook and Goldberg as backups. And then either Rosey or Herrara deactivated (Whittle gets cut).

singersp
05-14-2006, 01:21 AM
I'll let Childress decide who starts, stays & goes.

IMO, the jury is still out on McKinnie & Smoot.

With Wilf's new code of conduct & wanting the stadium badly, there is no telling what he might do if those two are found guilty & he's trying to win public support..

DC & Moe are already off the team. That's two out of the four.

DaunteHOF
05-14-2006, 06:48 AM
A lot of competition for the o-line will be taking place which is a good thing. Whoever is the best in practice will stay, plain & simple

whackthepack
05-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Myself I think they will keep 9 and 1 on the practice squad.

sirweeze
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Anyone else think its odd that a bunch of o-linemen that have been mainstays the past few years (Liwenski, Goldberg, Rosenthal) suddenly may not even make the team next year? Two of those guys were STARTING every week. Now suddenly they won't even make the team? I mean, what does that say about Tice? Wasn't he raving a couple years ago about how behind Birk, Liwenski was the best o-lineman on the team? Has he really fallen THAT far? Was Tice that fargone? Or both?

Ltrey33
11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

Anyone else think Cook is going to end up at right tackle? At 6'7 he's definately got the size to do it, and supposedly he's got the mobility to do it as well. I think he ends up playing right tackle by the time everything is said and done.

If you'll allow me to quote myself and be arrogant for a second....

I CALLED IT! WHOO!
;D

Cook was playing right tackle today. Look at the date of that post...May 13! Man, I'm good.

Alright, I'm done now. LOL

PurplePackerEater
11-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Good Call. Although I figured he'd end up somewhere other than center, because of his height.

Ltrey33
11-26-2006, 07:21 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Good Call. Although I figured he'd end up somewhere other than center, because of his height.

Yeah...a lot of people said it. I was just being a jerk.
:P