PDA

View Full Version : KSTP POLL FOR NEW STADIUM, RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!

shawn9876uss
05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Asked of 500 Adults
Margin of Sampling Error for this question = ± 4.3%

The Minnesota Legislature is considering several proposals to fund stadiums for the Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Vikings and University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. In general, do you think referendums should? Or should not? be held before any sales taxes are imposed to pay for stadium construction?

63% Should
30% Should Not
8% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults
Margin of Sampling Error for this question = ± 4.5%

The state Senate passed a bill calling for a statewide sports memorabilia sales tax to fund a Gopher stadium at the University of Minnesota. The state House passed a bill that would fund the stadium through a naming rights deal, student stadium fees, and a land swap deal between the state and the U of M. Which plan do you think is better?

31% Memorabilia Tax Plan
51% Naming/fees/swap Plan
18% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults
Margin of Sampling Error for this question = ± 4.4%

The state House passed a Twins stadium bill that allows Hennepin County Commissioners to increase the Hennepin County sales tax by point one five percent to help finance a ballpark in downtown Minneapolis. The state Senate passed a combination Twins and Vikings stadium bill that would impose a half-cent sales tax in the 7-county metro area to pay for both stadiums and transit projects. Which of these plans do you think is better?

29% Hennepin County Sales Tax
57% Half Cent 7-county Tax
14% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

The Minnesota Vikings are trying to get their own stadium plan approved that calls for a three-quarters of a percent sales tax increase in Anoka County to help finance a stadium. The plan also requires state money for infrastructure around the stadium and to pay for a portion of a retractable roof. Do you support? Or do you oppose? this plan?

37% Support
58% Oppose
5% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

If only one of the three stadiums can be approved this year, which one would you pick? The Golden Gophers' stadium? The Twins' stadium? Or the Vikings' stadium?

29% Gophers' Stadium
41% Twins' Stadium
23% Vikings' Stadium
7% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

Do you think taxpayer money should? Or should not? be used to pay for any professional sports stadium?

30% Should
65% Should Not
5% Not Sure

x
Breakdown of Results by Gender, Age, Race and Region
i

Statement of Methodology
!
© 2006 SurveyUSA / Contractual Obligations

The following statement conforms to the principles of disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls:

How this poll was conducted: This SurveyUSA poll was conducted by telephone in the voice of a professional announcer. Respondent households were selected at random, using Random Digit Dialed (RDD) sample provided by Survey Sampling, of Fairfield CT. All respondents heard the questions asked identically. Within the report, you will find: the geography that was surveyed; the date(s) interviews were conducted and the news organization(s) that paid for the research. The number of respondents who answered each question and the margin of sampling error for each question are provided. Where necessary, responses were weighted according to age, gender, ethnic origin, geographical area and number of adults and number of voice telephone lines in the household, so that the sample would reflect the actual demographic proportions in the population, using most recent U.S.Census estimates. In theory, with the stated sample size, one can say with 95% certainty that the results would not vary by more than the stated margin of sampling error, in one direction or the other, had the entire universe of respondents been interviewed with complete accuracy. There are other possible sources of error in all surveys that may be more serious than theoretical calculations of sampling error. These include refusals to be interviewed, question wording and question order, weighting by demographic control data and the manner in which respondents are filtered (such as, determining who is a likely voter). It is difficult to quantify the errors that may result from these factors. Fieldwork for this survey was done by SurveyUSA of Verona, NJ.

happy camper
05-12-2006, 06:04 PM
i wonder if the vikings would have gotten more votes if the sex boat incident didnt happen.

cajunvike
05-12-2006, 06:11 PM
TWINS Stadium got more votes...SCREW THAT!!!!

shawn9876uss
05-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Well I think if the last 4 years didn't happen, or the red mcCombs era, we would be a lot better off

Zeus
05-12-2006, 06:15 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

You ever watched baseball in the MetroDome? It's as bad as any baseball watching experience ever.

And if the Twinkies don't get a new stadium - they really are gone.

I personally think they need it more than the Vikes - which does not mean that the Vikes don't need a new one as well.

And I'm a Cubs fan - not a Twins fan.

=Z=

Webby
05-12-2006, 06:22 PM
freekin Minnesotans....oh my gosh, the word tax! No!!

How about a tax of the same amount to fund river otter studies? yeah!!!

Its half a penny for every dollar for major urban lifestyle enhancements. Its nothing!

These yokels will be the ones lined up and moaning for a new team when they cant take their sons or daughters to a baseball or football game.

My question is, wy not divert the tax already in place for the Dome, which is paid off, and reallocate it to the new efforts. Dummies.

jargomcfargo
05-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Any referendum is a deal buster.
Any tax should be a user type tax. That is where the sports memorability idea came from.
The politicians know the tax revenue captured by these stadiums would be a great benefit, in the long run, to the government. But I was in Minneapolis the week before last and it appears the politicians all have their own little pet political agendas that interfere with some of the stadium proposals.
Maybe if they earmarked some of the future tax revenues from the stadiums to be used for property tax reduction in the counties where collected,they might find taxpayers a little more receptive.
My personal feeling is that Zigi's concept will be huge for Minnesota if he is able to get it accomplished.

snowinapril
05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
How many matches does a MN Football Team Owner need to get a new stadium?

Someone is going to have to burn the Dome down before the majority will see a need to replace it (for you pyros out there, this is a joke). :lol:

whackthepack
05-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Why didn't the local news agency's do a pole on some other issues?

What would the peoples response be to these questions?

Do you think tax money (200 million) should be used to help with the expansion of the Mall of America? Currently in the legislature.

Do you think that tax payers should have purchased the land (displacing 200 families) for the new Best Buy Corporate Headquarters in Richfield and giving them tax breaks of about a 100 million dollars?

Do you think that the Mall of America should have received tax breaks of over 100 Million dollars when it first opened? MOA has never payed any property tax in Minnesota.

Do you think that Minnesota should have given your tax dollars in a loan to Northwest Airlines for 750 Million, with no collateral that now is in default and has been for years, and it is being written off by Northwest Airlines in their Bankruptcy because there is no incentive to pay it back (no collateral was required)?

Which the loan was 10 to 12 years ago and in today's dollars would be about 1.2 Billion dollars.

Should your tax dollars have been used to build a new Guthrie theater for over 100 million dollars? Money that has no chance of ever being repaid to the state!

Should your tax dollars have been used to build a new 50 million dollar public library that is the ugliest building in Minneapolis, that has a 6 million dollar bridge that walks out from the 2nd floor for 300 feet and stops, so that a few people a day can walk out on it for no reason? It goes no where!

Should your tax dollars of over 1.2 Billion dollars been used to run the new light rail train 11 Miles (over 100 million per mile)? And that in the best case scenario will not even pay for 1/2 it's operating cost on an annual bases, and your tax dollars will be required to keep it running every year?

Why did they not put the question this way:

Would you support an investment of your tax dollars for a new Viking stadium that is part of a 1 and 1/2 billion dollar expansion, and the taxes that are used will be repaid by the benefits of having the Vikings in Minnesota, the taxes created from the new jobs and new developments in and around the area, the payroll of the athletes that is currently over 100 million and in 20 years should be almost 250 million for the Viking, in state income tax alone bring in over 12 million a year besides all the other tax generated by their living expenses and their spending in Minnesota?

Because the local media in Minnesota suck, and are short sited a$$holes!

SKOL
05-12-2006, 06:58 PM
"Webby" wrote:

My question is, wy not divert the tax already in place for the Dome, which is paid off, and reallocate it to the new efforts. Dummies.

Exactly. This is not that complicated, why can't they get it done? I understand that after the dome was paid for they used this sales tax to build the convention center, but now I believe that's paid for too.

The 1/2 percent sales tax was a referendum that the tax payers passed over 20 years ago for one specific purpose, to build a stadium. If the tax is still in place and a stadium is needed, use the money for what the taxpayers already approved, but don't allocate those funds elsewhere.

snowinapril
05-12-2006, 07:11 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Why didn't the local news agency's do a pole on some other issues?

What would the peoples response be to these questions?

Do you think tax money (200 million) should be used to help with the expansion of the Mall of America? Currently in the legislature.

Do you think that tax payers should have purchased the land (displacing 200 families) for the new Best Buy Corporate Headquarters in Richfield and giving them tax breaks of about a 100 million dollars?

Do you think that the Mall of America should have received tax breaks of over 100 Million dollars when it first opened? MOA has never payed any property tax in Minnesota.

Do you think that Minnesota should have given your tax dollars in a loan to Northwest Airlines for 750 Million, with no collateral that now is in default and has been for years, and it is being written off by Northwest Airlines in their Bankruptcy because there is no incentive to pay it back (no collateral was required)?

Which the loan was 10 to 12 years ago and in today's dollars would be about 1.2 Billion dollars.

Should your tax dollars have been used to build a new Guthrie theater for over 100 million dollars? Money that has no chance of ever being repaid to the state!

Should your tax dollars have been used to build a new 50 million dollar public library that is the ugliest building in Minneapolis, that has a 6 million dollar bridge that walks out from the 2nd floor for 300 feet and stops, so that a few people a day can walk out on it for no reason? It goes no where!

Should your tax dollars of over 1.2 Billion dollars been used to run the new light rail train 11 Miles (over 100 million per mile)? And that in the best case scenario will not even pay for 1/2 it's operating cost on an annual bases, and your tax dollars will be required to keep it running every year?

Why did they not put the question this way:

Would you support an investment of your tax dollars for a new Viking stadium that is part of a 1 and 1/2 billion dollar expansion, and the taxes that are used will be repaid by the benefits of having the Vikings in Minnesota, the taxes created from the new jobs and new developments in and around the area, the payroll of the athletes that is currently over 100 million and in 20 years should be almost 250 million for the Viking, in state income tax alone bring in over 12 million a year besides all the other tax generated by their living expenses and their spending in Minnesota?

Because the local media in Minnesota suck, and are short sited a$$holes!

Good points!!

Yes, if you ask someone on the street if the govt should spend their money, they are probably going to feel negative about it.

When you put these questions beside it, then it doesn't look as negative on the sports community.

That bridge sounds like a great expensive piece of shART!

As far as the light rail goes, people need to use it. We don't use enough public transportation because there isn't enough of it and we are not taught to use it. If we have a car and use the car that is a status thing and an independence thing. We have to get rid of the idea that "only losers ride public transportation," don't kid yourself, in the back of your mind it is there, you (plural) just haven't verbalized it before.

WinonaVike
05-12-2006, 07:16 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

You ever watched baseball in the MetroDome? It's as bad as any baseball watching experience ever.

I personally think they need it more than the Vikes - which does not mean that the Vikes don't need a new one as well.

=Z=

Im gonna have to agree, while I personally would much rather see the Vikings get a new stadium, the Twins defidently are in greater need. Not to mention that organization has accomplished more, and been a little classier...Dont get me wrong I love the vikes, but the Twins have been winning division championships and World Series as one of the lowest market teams in baseball. I guess not being from the area Cajun its hard to understand exactly why the Twins need the stadium more than the Vikings, and I agree i wish the vikings could get theres, but if the state goes based on need, its gotta go to the twins.

VikesfaninWis
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
These people are going to end up driving the only 2 pro sports teams they have right out of the state of Minnesota. How pathetic is that? They would rather fund a college team over both of their pro teams.. I can understand that the college deal will be less money, but they also bring in less money then either the Twins, or Vikings do..

I hate to say it, but it looks like the Twins, and the Vikings are going to be looking for new homes in the very near future.. I'm not a Twins fan, but I can for sure understand loyalty to a team.. It will be horrible if either team leaves Minnesota, and now both may be headed in that direction..

WinonaVike
05-12-2006, 07:51 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

These people are going to end up driving the only 2 pro sports teams they have right out of the state of Minnesota. How pathetic is that? They would rather fund a college team over both of their pro teams.. I can understand that the college deal will be less money, but they also bring in less money then either the Twins, or Vikings do..

I hate to say it, but it looks like the Twins, and the Vikings are going to be looking for new homes in the very near future.. I'm not a Twins fan, but I can for sure understand loyalty to a team.. It will be horrible if either team leaves Minnesota, and now both may be headed in that direction..

Just so you are aware, the Twins and Vikings are not the only pro sports teams in Minnesota, there is also the Wild and Timberwolves

mnjamie
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

=Z=

Their are worse places to watch a Pro Baseball game ...

Take in a game at Tropicana field where the Devil Rays play, no joke, rat infested !!! The MetroDome looks like Fenway compared to this place .... :lol:

mnjamie
05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Sounding better everyday ....... "The Orlando Vikings !!! "

Then all these yokels can become Packer fans as it will be the nearest team or hop on a plane to Orlando to see the games with me !!!!

Just think about it, Vikings are gone and all the converts to "Packer Mania". Not to mention an increase of Farve jersey sightings in MN on the youth, the downfall of MN society as we know it today. :cry:

MightyVikes12391
05-12-2006, 08:36 PM
this is soo dumb

Warp
05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I also do agree with what WinonaVike said about the Twins needing a stadium a little more and they will probably get it since overall they have been more successfull than the vikes. But the Vikes also need a stadium very badly! so they better get both teams a new stadium! Twins and Vikes are my favorite sports teams in any sport by far and id be so mad if they moved! :evil:

Ltrey33
05-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Do people hate football in Minnesota?

collegeguyjeff
05-12-2006, 10:59 PM
well it's obvious there is a lot of penny pinchers in minnesota, however after the twins or vikings leave town cause they can't get a stadium they will all be crying.

oh and this poll of 500 people doesn't mean jack squat because 500 people in the entire state let alone even anoka county don't mean jack squat. it's such a small number it's irrelevelant.

also why don't they just make it a state wide tax with a smaller percentage so it effects people less? i go to college and i don't make much money but i could care less about a half cent tax to get a vikings and twins stadium, i could care less about the gophers let them leave the state ha ha. heck i don't care about a half cent tax at all.

BadlandsVikings
05-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I Would shoot myself before I became a packer fan. Minnesotans need to wake up and wake up fast.

Bake sale + Carnival + Car wash = new stadium

MaddenVodkaAddict
05-13-2006, 02:31 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

well it's obvious there is a lot of penny pinchers in minnesota, however after the twins or vikings leave town cause they can't get a stadium they will all be crying.

oh and this poll of 500 people doesn't mean jack squat because 500 people in the entire state let alone even anoka county don't mean jack squat. it's such a small number it's irrelevelant.

also why don't they just make it a state wide tax with a smaller percentage so it effects people less? i go to college and i don't make much money but i could care less about a half cent tax to get a vikings and twins stadium, i could care less about the gophers let them leave the state ha ha. heck i don't care about a half cent tax at all.

The following question is partially off of the intended topic. However, my curiosity has tempted me all too much. Collegeguyjeff, which institution of higher learning do you attend?

singersp
05-13-2006, 02:43 AM
"Warp" wrote:

I also do agree with what WinonaVike said about the Twins needing a stadium a little more and they will probably get it since overall they have been more successfull than the vikes. But the Vikes also need a stadium very badly! so they better get both teams a new stadium! Twins and Vikes are my favorite sports teams in any sport by far and id be so mad if they moved! :evil:

They won't give the Twins simply because they need it more. IMO, I think they'll give it to them because they play more games annually, thereby creating more revenue for the state.

FedjeViking
05-13-2006, 03:05 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Of course it did!! It's baseball season, take the dang poll during football season and see what the answers are! :lol:

olson_10
05-13-2006, 04:26 AM
even if the vikings dont get a stadium this year, they will eventually probably a year after a ball park is built..wilf wont move the team under any circumstance

BadlandsVikings
05-13-2006, 05:26 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

even if the vikings dont get a stadium this year, they will eventually probably a year after a ball park is built..wilf wont move the team under any circumstanceI really hope your right.

canadian_vikes_fan
05-13-2006, 06:13 AM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

Asked of 500 Adults

The Minnesota Legislature is considering several proposals to fund stadiums for the Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Vikings and University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. In general, do you think referendums should? Or should not? be held before any sales taxes are imposed to pay for stadium construction?

63% Should
30% Should Not
8% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

The state Senate passed a bill calling for a statewide sports memorabilia sales tax to fund a Gopher stadium at the University of Minnesota. The state House passed a bill that would fund the stadium through a naming rights deal, student stadium fees, and a land swap deal between the state and the U of M. Which plan do you think is better?

31% Memorabilia Tax Plan
51% Naming/fees/swap Plan
18% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

The state House passed a Twins stadium bill that allows Hennepin County Commissioners to increase the Hennepin County sales tax by point one five percent to help finance a ballpark in downtown Minneapolis. The state Senate passed a combination Twins and Vikings stadium bill that would impose a half-cent sales tax in the 7-county metro area to pay for both stadiums and transit projects. Which of these plans do you think is better?

29% Hennepin County Sales Tax
57% Half Cent 7-county Tax
14% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

The Minnesota Vikings are trying to get their own stadium plan approved that calls for a three-quarters of a percent sales tax increase in Anoka County to help finance a stadium. The plan also requires state money for infrastructure around the stadium and to pay for a portion of a retractable roof. Do you support? Or do you oppose? this plan?

37% Support
58% Oppose
5% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

If only one of the three stadiums can be approved this year, which one would you pick? The Golden Gophers' stadium? The Twins' stadium? Or the Vikings' stadium?

29% Gophers' Stadium
41% Twins' Stadium
23% Vikings' Stadium
7% Not Sure

Asked of 500 Adults

Do you think taxpayer money should? Or should not? be used to pay for any professional sports stadium?

30% Should
65% Should Not
5% Not Sure

x
Breakdown of Results by Gender, Age, Race and Region
i

Statement of Methodology
!
© 2006 SurveyUSA / Contractual Obligations

The following statement conforms to the principles of disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls:

How this poll was conducted: This SurveyUSA poll was conducted by telephone in the voice of a professional announcer. Respondent households were selected at random, using Random Digit Dialed (RDD) sample provided by Survey Sampling, of Fairfield CT. All respondents heard the questions asked identically. Within the report, you will find: the geography that was surveyed; the date(s) interviews were conducted and the news organization(s) that paid for the research. The number of respondents who answered each question and the margin of sampling error for each question are provided. Where necessary, responses were weighted according to age, gender, ethnic origin, geographical area and number of adults and number of voice telephone lines in the household, so that the sample would reflect the actual demographic proportions in the population, using most recent U.S.Census estimates. In theory, with the stated sample size, one can say with 95% certainty that the results would not vary by more than the stated margin of sampling error, in one direction or the other, had the entire universe of respondents been interviewed with complete accuracy. There are other possible sources of error in all surveys that may be more serious than theoretical calculations of sampling error. These include refusals to be interviewed, question wording and question order, weighting by demographic control data and the manner in which respondents are filtered (such as, determining who is a likely voter). It is difficult to quantify the errors that may result from these factors. Fieldwork for this survey was done by SurveyUSA of Verona, NJ.

Having just completed a class in AP Statistics, let me tell you why this survey is meaningless.

To start with:

How this poll was conducted: This SurveyUSA poll was conducted by telephone in the voice of a professional announcer.

Since this is a phone interview, the only people who are going to actually take the time to complete the interview are the people who feel really strongly on the issue. The average person who doesn't really know much/care a lot about the issue isn't going to answer, and so the majority of the population isn't being studied.

Secondly, many of the questions are quite obviously leading.

In general, do you think referendums should? Or should not? be held before any sales taxes are imposed to pay for stadium construction?

Of course most people will probably say yes to a referendum, because they don't think about the whole issue. The choice in people's heads is: a) the people get a say, or b) the people don't get a say. However, if they thought about the cost/inconvenience of a referendum, they would understand that there is no chance in hell that there will be a referendum on this issue.

And then my personal favourite:

In other words, do you want to pay for the stadium, or do you want someone else to pay for it?

There you go, that pretty much sums up my knowledge of Statistics.

VikesfaninWis
05-13-2006, 06:20 AM
"WinonaVike" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Just so you are aware, the Twins and Vikings are not the only pro sports teams in Minnesota, there is also the Wild and Timberwolves

My bad.. I knew there was other pro sports teams in Minnesota. I should have worded in differently. They will end up driving the only 2 pro sports teams that are vying for new stadium deals out of Minnesota. Sorry about that..

shockzilla
05-13-2006, 06:48 AM
IMHO, we WILL become a cold Omaha (no offense to Nebraskans) if we don't get these stadiums passed. Just get the G0D D@MN things done!!!!

singersp
05-13-2006, 01:45 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

even if the vikings dont get a stadium this year, they will eventually probably a year after a ball park is built..wilf wont move the team under any circumstance

I doubt it. If they raise taxes for a Twins stadium this year, it'll even be tougher to raise taxes again next year.

Since you can't pay off the Twins stadium within the next year, what difference does it make to raise the taxes only once this year to do both stadiums?

The price of a new stadium will go up even higher next year, so the sooner it gets done the less of a tax increase burden it will become.

collegeguyjeff
05-14-2006, 03:09 PM
"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

The following question is partially off of the intended topic. However, my curiosity has tempted me all too much. Collegeguyjeff, which institution of higher learning do you attend?

well that has nothing to do with anything, im working on my masters degree in digital and computer forensics if you really need to know. for the people who have common sense and brains they will understand that polling 500 people doesn't mean jack squat. some people act like 500 people being polled means something that wouldn't mean much at all or have any accuracy to it unless it was a small amount of people like lest say 5,000 people in a town and 500 were polled for something in that town then the numbers would be more accurate.

singersp
05-14-2006, 03:20 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

well that has nothing to do with anything, im working on my masters degree in digital and computer forensics if you really need to know. for the people who have common sense and brains they will understand that polling 500 people doesn't mean jack squat. some people act like 500 people being polled means something that wouldn't mean much at all or have any accuracy to it unless it was a small amount of people like lest say 5,000 people in a town and 500 were polled for something in that town then the numbers would be more accurate.

Also, I'm guessing the majority of the 500 people are from the Metro area & are directly affected bt the tax.

To be more accurate, like CGJ stated, the poll should have been about 5,000.

It would be more accurate to do a random sampling of the entire state.

norseforce
05-14-2006, 04:12 PM
that shows minnesota has a bunch of cheap people that dont care, the TWINS are gone without a stadium for sure, and MR. WILF should bring the VIKINGS out west to CALIF. we'll show the love. YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN...LET MINNESOTA BECOME THE 3rd DAKOTA......SUCKERS! that's cool , you guys could still go to the METRODOME for the WOMENS FINAL 4

faninphx
05-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I think Minnesota should do the same thing AZ did. We just taxed out-of-towners (thank you snowbirds!) for car rentals and hotels. Of course, we were promised a super bowl if we got a new stadium. That seems to speed up the process quite effectively.

thanatoschristou
05-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't kmow why everyone is squaking like a bunch of 3 year olds. Sports are a form of culture, not unlike parks, museums, etc. We don't have a freaking choice to pay for some artsy fartsy art musuem you couldn't pay me enough to step in, reward us who like sports, not just art lovers.

thanatoschristou
05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
If the gophers want a stadium hire a real coach, not a Sally who cannot win a conference game.

vike_mike
05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
If Minneapolis doesn't get this done and the two teams move, the citizens of the twin cities are not going to like things at all. You will be strictly a college city. It would not be good at all. Let the Gophers refurbish the Metrodome. It can't need more than a few million to do so. New stadiums for Vikings and Twins. Tax the city a set rate up until a certain amount of money, lower the tax back down to it's original, then let the private organizations handle the rest. If Presidents/ Senators etc. can get hundreds of millions of dollars to campaign, then Minneapolis should be able to do the same for the stadiums.

collegeguyjeff
05-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Also, I'm guessing the majority of the 500 people are from the Metro area & are directly affected bt the tax.

To be more accurate, like CGJ stated, the poll should have been about 5,000.

It would be more accurate to do a random sampling of the entire state.

yeah im sure they were from the metro area, plus im guessing kstp didn't wanna poll too many people just cause it would start costing them too much money to do. sad thing is the twin cities area more people have more money, higher paying jobs and so on but yet a lot of them are penny pinchers. taxes went up here about 500 a year or more just cause of an add on for a school which was un needed and they complain about a half cent. their taxes won't have barely any effect at all at half a cent.