PDA

View Full Version : calling ALL Vikes fans



whiteviking24
05-11-2006, 11:12 AM
The time has come to send mail to the Minnesota governer to let him know how we feel about getting the Northern Lights stadium approved.

Lets show the state of Minnesota and Mr.Wilf the owner how much we love our Minnesota Vikings !!!

It will take only a few moments to e-mail him and tell him you want it approved, so please if you support the plan, take time to write to him.

remeber to be polite..... if you can leave your name and address at the bottom ,as I think that helps a little. alot if Minnesota resident ?

here is his e-mail address.... tim.pawlenty@state.mn.us

LETS GET IT DONE :!:

whiteviking24
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
dang the topic is spelt wrong...I was gonna write Vikings and changed in the middle of it to Vikes...oh well no one will notice :oops:

MightyVikes12391
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
that topics messed up

singersp
05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
If you edit your first post, you can also edit the title.

triedandtruevikesfan
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

dang the topic is spelt wrong...I was gonna write Vikings and changed in the middle of it to Vikes...oh well no one will notice :oops:

I corrected it for you :wink:

finnishvikingsfan
05-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Maybe if I see the Gov up here this weekend I would tell him that he should get the vikings a stadium.

cajunvike
05-11-2006, 07:43 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

dang the topic is spelt wrong...I was gonna write Vikings and changed in the middle of it to Vikes...oh well no one will notice :oops:

You CAN use the edit button in the top right hand corner of your ORIGINAL post to correct mistakes in the title as well as the body of the post...FYI. :grin:

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Here is the phone number for the Gov, to tell him that you want them to pass the stadium bills. Mn Momentum called me this morning and asked me to call, so now I am passing the number on to everyone else. Please Call. 651-296-3391

Benet
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
If that's his private office number, then calling it is NOT a wise idea.

However, if it is a number specially created to log fans' calls for a new stadium, then by all means call it.

REPEAT: DO NOT CALL HIS PRIVATE OFFICE, HE'LL JUST GET PISSED.

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 08:17 PM
This is the number that minnesota momentum called me and told me to call, I just called them, and told them my name and where I was from and asked for the support of the Gov in passing the stadium bills

VikesfaninWis
05-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info, but I doubt that he would want to hear from a citizen living outside of the Minnesota area..

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I gave him my parents address LOL

mnjamie
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I just called the phone # ... sw some lady and she put me into a voice mail and you just leave your message as I did.


I strongly encourage all to do so.

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
They are really nice, they send you to a voice mail, and the lady actually thanked me for calling.

WinonaVike
05-11-2006, 08:35 PM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

They are really nice, they send you to a voice mail, and the lady actually thanked me for calling.

I got the same thing, hopefully thye take all the calls into account.

mnjamie
05-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Don't HOPE !!! Everyone needs to make the call, especially with it being in the House and Senate as we speak, every call will add up.

MightyVikes12391
05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
hopefully theyll listen

BadlandsVikings
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I left my message, I hope they listen.

Zeus
05-11-2006, 09:22 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

The time has come to send mail to the Minnesota governer to let him know how we feel about getting the Northern Lights stadium approved.

Lets show the state of Minnesota and Mr.Wilf the owner how much we love our Minnesota Vikings !!!

It will take only a few moments to e-mail him and tell him you want it approved, so please if you support the plan, take time to write to him.

remeber to be polite..... if you can leave your name and address at the bottom ,as I think that helps a little. alot if Minnesota resident ?

here is his e-mail address.... tim.pawlenty@state.mn.us

LETS GET IT DONE :!:

Pawlenty isn't the problem - it's the legislature. Sending e-mail to Tim won't do a lick of good. He's on record as supporting the stadiums (all 3 of them - Twins, Gophers and Vikes) as long as it doesn't involve increasing taxes for any but the local interests.

If you want to email people, start with that idiot Dean Johnson, continue with that other idiot Steve Kelly and work your way down the list.

=Z=

Zeus
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

Here is the phone number for the Gov, to tell him that you want them to pass the stadium bills. Mn Momentum called me this morning and asked me to call, so now I am passing the number on to everyone else. Please Call. 651-296-3391

The Governor is NOT the problem. If you want to have an impact call your local State House representative and State Senator. THEY are the ones who are screwing this up, NOT Pawlenty.

Minnesota House of Representatives:
http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/housemembers.asp

Minnesota Senate:
http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/index.php#header

You can call the Pawlenty number all you want, but he does not have the power to introduce legislation or pass it through committee.

=Z=

mnjamie
05-11-2006, 09:36 PM
So, by your theory AW, Pawlenty has no say so what-so-ever?? His opinion means nothing?? He has no "Pull" in the Senate?? Just wondering ....


If he wants it done, it will be. His only issue is not increasing taxes in an election year ... which is b/s also.

cajunvike
05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I CALLED...and told him that I would go up there personally and PIMPSLAP him if he didn't push this through!!! :evil4:

Zeus
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

So, by your theory AW, Pawlenty has no say so what-so-ever?? His opinion means nothing?? He has no "Pull" in the Senate?? Just wondering ....

Well - if you've been paying attention at all to the Twins & Gopher stadium issues as they have worked through the House & Senate over the past month, you'll see that it is the SENATORS who have suddenly screwed with the bills that were approved by the house - specifically to insert the idea of taxes (and tie the Twins & Vikings together with a transportation tax) so that Pawlenty will be forced to veto them - and so that they can then say - "PAWLENTY IS ANTI-STADIUM! HE'S GOING TO LOSE THE TWINS FOR US! HOW CAN YOU VOTE FOR HIM????"

It's an election year for the governorship, bruddah. The senators are playing politics because they know they can.

Pawlenty has already said ON THE RECORD that he is for stadiums for all 3 of the concerns - Gophers, Twins & Vikes. Right now - it's the legislature which is screwing things up.


If he wants it done, it will be. His only issue is not increasing taxes in an election year ... which is b/s also.

You're giving wayyyyyy too much power to the governor. If he had that kind of influence, then the state senate would have passed the Twins bill as it was passed by the house - since it contained no new taxes, beyond the Hennepin county tax.

=Z=

cajunvike
05-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I say FIRE THEM ALL!!!

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Well I called the Gov and I am going to call the HOR and the Senate also, and send emails, hopefully if we can get enough, they will listen

VikesfaninWis
05-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I just e-mailed him.. Not sure what good it will do being that I live in Wisconsin.. Hope alot of e-mails get out to him, and that he realizes that the tradition of Vikings football could be lost forever if the Vikings are forced to leave Minnesota.

shawn9876uss
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I emailed both of the reps for the House and Senate, I am still trying to find their numbers

shawn9876uss
05-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Here is the info for speaker sviggum.

Red Zone Drive Continues: Contact Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum Today!

With a House-Senate Conference Committee scheduled to meet soon to consider the Vikings stadium plan, it’s important that our state leaders continue to hear from Minnesota Momentum members.

Please contact Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum and voice your support for the Vikings stadium plan.

Here is the contact information for the Speaker’s Office. Be sure to give your name and address when you call or send an email.

Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum

651-296-2273

rep.steve.sviggum@house.mn

whiteviking24
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
"shawn9876uss" wrote:

Here is the info for speaker sviggum.

Red Zone Drive Continues: Contact Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum Today!

With a House-Senate Conference Committee scheduled to meet soon to consider the Vikings stadium plan, it’s important that our state leaders continue to hear from Minnesota Momentum members.

Please contact Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum and voice your support for the Vikings stadium plan.

Here is the contact information for the Speaker’s Office. Be sure to give your name and address when you call or send an email.

Speaker of the House Steve Sviggum

651-296-2273

rep.steve.sviggum@house.mn

Shawn,

Thank you for posting that :grin:

Come on guys ,we are in the redzone with this ...... Let's make them hear us!!!!