PDA

View Full Version : Viqueens vs. Cards

packmanxxxi
08-14-2004, 08:34 PM
First three offensive drives done and its 3-0 Cards... Vikes offense looks terrible, and while the D looks ok, it IS against AZ. And they still gave up 3 points.... so much for revenge from the starters huh... No running game at all...

But... Its only preseason...

ItalianStallion
08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Wow you said it. They really seem fired up for this one. maybe Tice calmed them down a little too much. That being said I would be happy to see our reserves get it done just as much as our starters.

Ryno
08-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Anyone know if this game is blacked out? I went to my local BW3 in Houston and they told me the game wasn't on.

packmanxxxi
08-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah- while I'd like your offense to look this bad all year (especially how bad Daunte played) I am well aware its only preseason. I fully expect the Pack to lay an egg Monday night too...

Your concern is Brian Williams... when the coach comes over to console a player- its never good....

packmanxxxi
08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
#1 offense vs. a #2 defense... TD... whoo hoo theres something to be proud of!!! Sad

Whats worse, and it shows how much of a moron Tice is, is that its the second quarter of the FIRST preseason game and his starters are still in.... when are you guys going to rid yourself of him!

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 08:49 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

#1 offense vs. a #2 defense... TD... whoo hoo theres something to be proud of!!! Sad

Whats worse, and it shows how much of a moron Tice is, is that its the second quarter of the FIRST preseason game and his starters are still in.... when are you guys going to rid yourself of him!

When are you going to stop posting worthless drivel that only serves to further your status as one of the dregs of our forum?

The Vikings will be fine.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
lol packman give it a rest.

"Hey, see you guys suck because you had to punt...
what's that? 48 yard td bomb to moss? Yah well, the cardinals suck!" -Pacman

Seriously shut up, we can't win with you. If we beat them by 40 it is just the Cardinals and just the Preseason. If we lose that is then end of our season. What a joke.

I suppose your preseason game against the hawks is so much more tougher right?

As far as a #2 defense, they have been able to stop moss about as well as the Packers first stringers.

vikings minnesoulija
08-14-2004, 08:53 PM
defense looks good.

magicci
08-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Touchdown VIKES

CULPEPPER TO MOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 09:05 PM
What's wrong with Brian Williams?!

Jer
08-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Its the first game. We don't always do so great our first game either. No team is the same from pre-season game one to week one of the reg. season. The Vikes offense will be fine-How will they suck? I don't see it happening. If anything they will be lacking in defense and it looks as though they're doing alright. I hate the Vikes, but I'm not gonna get to excited about this one. I won't really get excited about it until you play week one. Some teams go 0-4 and win the Super Bowl others can go 4-0 and suck.

ndakvikefan
08-14-2004, 09:54 PM
packman you are an ASS!!!!!!!! go get another beer and chase your sister around awhile. Culpepper was 8 of 10 for 120 yards. The offense had 254 yards in the first half. Sounds real crappy to me.

SHOW-TIME
08-14-2004, 10:41 PM
agreed jer remember the year korey died moss and the team looked good in preseason going 4-0 but then they sucked and went 5-11 good now john navarre is in. i love michigan he was one of my favorite players

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 11:22 PM
MDub gave it to them :P

SuperGonzo
08-15-2004, 12:53 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Ummmmm. . .Duane Starks was (allegedly) covering Moss on that play. Duane Starks is Arizona's #1 CB. Not that I'd want you to let facts get in the way of saying stupid things about the Vikes, but anyway. . .

Oh, and Culpepper was 8/10 for 121 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Yeah, I hope he "only" completes 80% of his passes all season long, too.

:dark1:

magicci
08-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Lesnar seemed a bit slow also

rjkvikings
08-15-2004, 01:41 PM
"magicci" wrote:

Lesnar seemed a bit slow alsoIt was only his first NFL game. He'll prob get better each time he goes out to practice and any more time he gets in games.

magicci
08-15-2004, 01:45 PM
I hope so

triedandtruevikesfan
08-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Hey packman its easy to talk smack since your team hasn't even played yet... just wait your turn is coming for us to criticize you!!

rjkvikings
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Hey packman its easy to talk smack since your team hasn't even played yet... just wait your turn is coming for us to criticize you!!That's if he's not to ashamed to come back after they play a horrible game. jk, they shouldn't be too bad.

VikemanX84
08-15-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't think the Vikes played all that bad, even our starters. I mean it's pre-season. They aren't going to give it there all. I think all they really wanted to do was run a couple plays and then connect with a deep pass. So, I'm all for giving Elling all the practice shots he needs in the pre-season anyways.

In response to the Culpepper comment. I'm glad you hope he has a 110 QB rating all year. So do I.

rjkvikings
08-15-2004, 07:02 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

As much as I hate to say this, I agree with part of this. He should have taken the starters out earlier. I don't know why they were still in. I don't think we need to get rid of Tice though. That would be stupid considering he's a pretty decent coach.

muchluv4smoot
08-15-2004, 09:02 PM
"magicci" wrote:

Lesnar seemed a bit slow also

I really don't think lesnar is right for the DT spot. He seems better suited for a DE. He runs a 4.70 40 and that is kind of wasted at DT. He was really pushed around by their crappy O-lineman. He has a long way to go, and hopefully he gets to play some DE, because I think he would be a better DE. He needs to work on getting off blockers.

VikemanX84
08-15-2004, 09:25 PM
I think it was a good idea to get keep our starters in. I think we need to score, we needed to get that deep ball. We needed to do something as a first team offense. I know its only Pre-season, and injuries are an unneccesary risk. But this is getting us ready for the season.

It's like when I warm up before league bowling. After I bowl a few strikes, I'm ready. But I wouldn't think about going into a serious game before I had.

It's also helps their mindset for the rest of camp and practices. I'd be in a better mood going back to practice after scoring, then after doing nothing. Even if it doesn't matter.

Bohunk
08-15-2004, 10:55 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

You're really scared of Tice aren't ya? Why would you want us to get rid of someone who's such a 'moron'? What you're really saying is that Tice and Co is going to OWN the pack for the foreseeable future! Might as well jump on the bandwagon and go with a winner! That winner is Minnesota!

:king:

hovan
08-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Packman, BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!!! :cheers:

so-cal vike
08-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Tice kept his starters in through the second quarter in order to let them work through their first game jitters. Yeah, their first three drives were pretty bad, but as soon as they relaxed they were able to drive and score.
The preseason(especially the first game)isn't about the starters anyways. It's about the second and third string players and how they will handle themselves on the field, some for the first time.
Give it a rest Hacker fans, if the Vikes go 4-0 in the preseason you'll say it doesn't matter, if they don't win another game you'll say their season is over. What matters is they don't suffer any devastating injuries and can roll into the regs healthy. If they can do that then they sould have a great season.

Football is here...SKOL Vikings!!!

VKG4LFE
08-16-2004, 02:05 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Yeah- while I'd like your offense to look this bad all year (especially how bad Daunte played) I am well aware its only preseason. I fully expect the Pack to lay an egg Monday night too...

Your concern is Brian Williams... when the coach comes over to console a player- its never good....

How exactly did Daunte play badly. 8 of 10, 108 yards and a TD. I think those were his stats, I'll take that for about a quarter and a half!!

TheFloridianVikingFan
08-16-2004, 03:09 PM
and one int.... But still very good, Lets see how favre does.........(he he)

outcast316
08-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Are the Packers even going to play Farve tonight? I have heard on the local news channels that he may not even play. Just wondering if anybody can confirm this?

magicci
08-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Raiders

magicci
08-16-2004, 04:44 PM
SUCK

magicci
08-16-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm sorry for all the spontanious remarks it's just that my girlfriend is a stupid Raider fan :pukeright: and she's messing with my computer

josdin00
08-16-2004, 05:15 PM
I thought that seemed a bit more random than we usually see from you.

magicci
08-16-2004, 05:25 PM
LOL thanks for noticing

packmanxxxi
08-16-2004, 05:52 PM
As I said in an earlier post, I don't think the Packers will play very well tongiht. Rip all you want, but I'm saying it before the game even starts.

And as far as Daunte goes- his numbers were good, so I partially take back what I said. He just didn't look as good as his numbers, especially the bonehead pick early on.

Anyway- it was sure funny to stir the pot a little around here. I notice how most of the veterans kept their mouth shut while the rookies came out of the woodwork to slam me as if they've been on this site for years.... nice

Anyway- I predict the Packer #1 O look ok, #1 D look like shit tonight.... final score 21-20 Pack, but the reserve will win it...

TEXPACK
08-16-2004, 05:58 PM
The hawks are having major back up QB troubles.

I predict the Packers back ups will force their will upon Seattle. The Green Bay offense should look awesome. I bet they score in their first 10 snaps.

The defense is another matter all together. There will be questions about them until the Carolina game I expect.

Packers 30 Seahawks 17

triedandtruevikesfan
08-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Is tonight a nationally televised game?

TEXPACK
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Yes, well I guess yes, assuming you have ESPN?

Monday Night Countdown starts 6:00p Cst and kickoff at 7:00p Cst.

I'll put a Brat on for ya!

triedandtruevikesfan
08-16-2004, 06:07 PM
I work until 8:30 so I should be home in time to see the last quarter or so... and to jump for joy when they lose ;) (yeah yeah I know it doesn't count so even if they do lose its meaningless... but any packer loss is good in my book!)

TEXPACK
08-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Is it Fall, or what?

"Nothing kills love like an overdose of it."

pudgesoprano
08-16-2004, 08:46 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

i seen farve playing in the 2nd quarter and the packers could not score what's wrong

fan4favre
08-16-2004, 08:52 PM
He only played through the first. Couch is in now for the first drive in the second. Keep in mind no team uses every play....or any important play for that matter in the preseason.

pudgesoprano
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
"fan4favre" wrote:

He only played through the first. Couch is in now for the first drive in the second. Keep in mind no team uses every play....or any important play for that matter in the preseason.

what

Second Quarter
Green Bay Packers continued...
1-10-GB49 (15:00) N.Davenport FUMBLES (Aborted) at SEA 48, and recovers at GB 49. N.Davenport to GB 48 for -1 yards (C.Brown).
2-23-GB48 (15:00) B.Favre pass to J.Walker to SEA 46 for 6 yards (C.Brown).
3-17-SEA46 (13:35) (Shotgun) B.Favre pass incomplete to D.Driver.
4-17-SEA46 (13:27) B.Sander punts 35 yards to SEA 11, Center-R.Davis, fair catch by M.Morris.
Seattle Seahawks at 13:20

triedandtruevikesfan
08-16-2004, 08:57 PM
oh oh oh.... what were they just saying about keeping daunte in until the second quarter?? anyone score yet?

pudgesoprano
08-16-2004, 08:58 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

oh oh oh.... what were they just saying about keeping daunte in until the second quarter?? anyone score yet?

7-3 seahawks

fan4favre
08-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Ah yes...good catch. I ignored that non call pass interference by the Seattle defense on Donald Driver. That was a drive rolled over from the first. The very next drive after the punt there was poor pass interference call on Green Bay's Ahmad Carroll. This year is going to be strange and aggravating to watch these flags pour out.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-16-2004, 09:03 PM
"fan4favre" wrote:

Ah yes...good catch. I ignored that non call pass interference by the Seattle defense on Donald Driver. That was a drive rolled over from the first. The very next drive after the punt there was poor pass interference call on Green Bay's Ahmad Carroll. This year is going to be strange and aggravating to watch these flags pour out.

I will agree with you on that one!!

RandyMoss8404
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Ahmad Carroll is getting burned by WR's who run 4.5's :lol:

fan4favre
08-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Damn those rookies!! :wink:

triedandtruevikesfan
08-16-2004, 09:30 PM
14-3 wooohooo

fan4favre
08-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Couch looks awful. I realize his arm may be sore and that is why they are not taking a real shot down field but he definately looks like a deer in the headlights out there tonight. Hopefully those short routes are designed to preserve his arm. Ugh.

Big Daddy
08-16-2004, 10:19 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

The hawks are having major back up QB troubles.

I predict the Packers back ups will force their will upon Seattle. The Green Bay offense should look awesome. I bet they score in their first 10 snaps.

The defense is another matter all together. There will be questions about them until the Carolina game I expect.

Packers 30 Seahawks 17

HAHA the packers offence looks terrible! Favre played into the 2nd quarter (just like Culpepper) and they still couldn't get a TD, Hell its now the 4th quarter and they STILL havn't got a TD.

Yep you were right on tampax I mean texpack sorry couldn't resist!

magicci
08-16-2004, 10:25 PM
"Big Daddy" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:
[quote]

Yep you were right on tampax I mean texpack sorry couldn't resist!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GBFan
08-16-2004, 10:25 PM
our offense is fine, it is the second and 3rd string offense that looks pretty bad, especially Tim Couch. That clown can't even complete a 5 yard pass and BJ Sander has looked like sh*t.

RandyMoss8404
08-16-2004, 10:35 PM
"GBFan" wrote:

our offense is fine, it is the second and 3rd string offense that looks pretty bad, especially Tim Couch. That clown can't even complete a 5 yard pass and BJ Sander has looked like sh*t.

Your offense, as expected, looks great.

But, to get in depth here, here's why the Packers will have a 9-7 season.

Your defensive line cannot get pressure on the quarterback, and you give away your blitzes very often.

Furthermore, your secondary cannot tackle. Al Harris made one good tackle in the game and screwed up several others. Other than Darren Sharper, and of course Barnett, they are ridiculously bad open field tacklers. Your zone defense is more holey than the Popemobile. Hawthorne is a freakin joke.

Did I mention how bad Al Harris is again?

Ahmad Carroll does not play as fast as he runs on a track, it's that simple. His backpedal is deft, but his turn and run is sluggish, and that's not 'preseason jitters,' that's an innate, inveterate talent that you either have or you don't. Joey Thomas? Err...who?

And, lastly, Al Harris sucks.

rjkvikings
08-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Touchdown!!! now 21-3!!!

packmanxxxi
08-16-2004, 10:57 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"GBFan" wrote:

Your offense, as expected, looks great.

But, to get in depth here, here's why the Packers will have a 9-7 season.

Your defensive line cannot get pressure on the quarterback, and you give away your blitzes very often.

Furthermore, your secondary cannot tackle. Al Harris made one good tackle in the game and screwed up several others. Other than Darren Sharper, and of course Barnett, they are ridiculously bad open field tacklers. Your zone defense is more holey than the Popemobile. Hawthorne is a freakin joke.

Did I mention how bad Al Harris is again?

Ahmad Carroll does not play as fast as he runs on a track, it's that simple. His backpedal is deft, but his turn and run is sluggish, and that's not 'preseason jitters,' that's an innate, inveterate talent that you either have or you don't. Joey Thomas? Err...who?

And, lastly, Al Harris sucks.

This from a person who's team didn't even make the playoffs last year? I guess you know from experience... and with the new NFL rules, if you expect Winfield to be able to shut people down without bumping them, think again..... Anyway, as I said, out #1 O looked great and D like shit.. nothing unexpected tongiht

rjkvikings
08-16-2004, 11:01 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

This from a person who's team didn't even make the playoffs last year? I guess you know from experience... and with the new NFL rules, if you expect Winfield to be able to shut people down without bumping them, think again..... Anyway, as I said, out #1 O looked great and D like shit.. nothing unexpected tongiht

What does the Vikings not making the playoffs last year have to do with the Packers? In fact, what does it have to do with this season at all?

packmanxxxi
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Your right, nothing... sorry I relegated myself to acting the same as everyone on here.... my bad.. Just was trying to state that viking fans are awefully confident of the Pack's failure and the Vikings success without ANY history or reasonable proof of it. Anyway, the season will tell...

rjkvikings
08-16-2004, 11:14 PM
It's called being optimistic. I love to see the Packers lose, but I don't think they are going to fail horribly during the season or anything (unless Favre gets injured or something), and yes the season will tell.

packmanxxxi
08-16-2004, 11:18 PM
I agree... part of the reason I come to an opposing team site is to see their optimism.... 90% of the fans on here are newbie morons who think they own the site... the other 10% talk rather intelligently. If I wanted people to agree with me, id stay on the Packer site. I just think viking fans are overly optimistic considering the last 3 years and Tice's proof that he is a failure. If they prove me wrong, as always, I will be here.

moss will have more than his usual amount of TD's this year becaus eof the new NFL rule.. but the Vikings will also give up more than usual, making it a wash. The new rule makes great corners (such as Winfield) nothing but average....

ItalianStallion
08-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Actually great corners don't resort to the grab and push tactics,... oh wait Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain and Ty Law don't count right?

Seriously this is preseason folks, nuff said. As much as I enjoy it wheneever the Packers struggle, it is meaningless.

pudgesoprano
08-17-2004, 12:17 AM
[

Seriously this is preseason folks, nuff said. As much as I enjoy it wheneever the Packers struggle, it is meaningless.[/quote]

that reason i was posting just for fun right now

so-cal vike
08-17-2004, 12:40 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

I agree... part of the reason I come to an opposing team site is to see their optimism.... 90% of the fans on here are newbie morons who think they own the site... the other 10% talk rather intelligently. If I wanted people to agree with me, id stay on the Packer site. I just think viking fans are overly optimistic considering the last 3 years and Tice's proof that he is a failure. If they prove me wrong, as always, I will be here.

moss will have more than his usual amount of TD's this year becaus eof the new NFL rule.. but the Vikings will also give up more than usual, making it a wash. The new rule makes great corners (such as Winfield) nothing but average....

So what you're saying is that anyone who just found this site or who only signs on during the season is a moron? Let go of your ego packman. Some would say you're a moron for trolling an opposing teams website. Try not to generalize the the people on this site, even a newbie can have an intelligent debate, or just talk smack. You've been on this site almost a year now and yes, even you have your moronic moments. You can make some great arguments, so talk smack, have fun, just don't insult the fans here and we won't insult you.
As for the high degree of optimisim here, just take a look or listen to any teams fans or the teams themselves. Everyone is overly optimistic about the upcoming season. Everyone thinks their team can make the playoffs, even win the Superbowl. That's what the game is all about, believing that your team can win it all, until either you do, then you can say that you were there when it happened or you don't, then there is always next season.
If there is one thing that both Vike fans and Pack Fans can agree on it's that the Lions and the Bears will be at the bottom of the division, fighting for 3rd place. Sorry to those fans, but it's probably the truth.

Big Daddy
08-17-2004, 03:51 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Sorry Packman, but just because you joined a FEW months before some of us here doesn't make you any smarter than us. And we too can talk rather intelligently.

First off just because the last three years have been rebuilding years doesn't mean that the 2004/2005 Vikings can't make the playoffs. If you would like examples the 98 Vikings were unexpected going 15-1 along with the 99 Rams the 01 Bears and the 03 Panthers. Fact is a teams record from the year before has nothing to do with how good or bad they MIGHT be the following year. The teams schedule and draft order are the only things this affects.

Secondly the new rule change concerning CBs in the NFL applies to every CB not just the Vikings CBs. This means that since Winfield was better than most before it would stand to reason that he would still be better than most. So if you say it makes him average when he was great I guess all the CBs that were average are now below average?

NeoVikesTX
08-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Good points Big Daddy.

Vikings CB's are not very physical anyway, so it will not hurt them as much as some other teams(ie. Patriots). Antoine Winfield has more talent than most other CB's, so he will still be more effective than most in the league even after the new rules take effect this season.

Vikings defense will be much improved, and the offense will still be great of course.

I see a great season coming for the Vikes!

josdin00
08-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Here's an interesting take on the new "point of emphasis" that the NFL is putting in this year. It might actually hurt the WR's stats this year. If the CBs are slow to adjust, there will be a number of penalties called, and that penalty yardage will not show up on any player's stat line.

Not that I think this will happen. I figure the CBs will adjust after a couple of weeks, and some might make the adjustment just by what they see in pre-season. However, it's always interesting to try to figure out what the unintended consequenses might be.

whackthepack
08-17-2004, 10:07 PM
The refees will call it a lot for most of the other receivers, but not for Moss he gets the fewest calls of all the top receivers.

TEXPACK
08-17-2004, 10:19 PM
My two cents.....I think you are right those who make the argument that Winfield will adjust as well as anyone to the stricter enforcement of the chuck rule.

Has anyone besides me considered it reasonable to abolish the pass interference penalties as they exist? Here's what I think and believe. The NFL game should be the purest of sports. We all applauded when they brought back the 2 point conversion. Why? because it is reflective of the game we all grew up playing/loving in Pop Warner, High School, and College and it makes the game more competitive.

I believe the NFL should enforce the chuck rule as it has been written and has recently decided to enforce. However, the spotting the ball where the DB committed the foul is foolish and not consistant with the football rules at all other levels. Holding whether defensive of offensive should be a 10 penalty and replay the down. Pass interference offensive or defensive should be penalized as a 15 yard penalty.

I have never felt it is right for a team to heave a pass downfield with the basic intention of drawing a 40 yard penalty. I think the game would become more competitive if this rule was amended to reflect my points.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2004, 10:22 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

My two cents.....I think you are right those who make the argument that Winfield will adjust as well as anyone to the stricter enforcement of the chuck rule.

Has anyone besides me considered it reasonable to abolish the pass interference penalties as they exist? Here's what I think and believe. The NFL game should be the purest of sports. We all applauded when they brought back the 2 point conversion. Why? because it is reflective of the game we all grew up playing/loving in Pop Warner, High School, and College and it makes the game more competitive.

I believe the NFL should enforce the chuck rule as it has been written and has recently decided to enforce. However, the spotting the ball where the DB committed the foul is foolish and not consistant with the football rules at all other levels. Holding whether defensive of offensive should be a 10 penalty and replay the down. Pass interference offensive or defensive should be penalized as a 15 yard penalty.

I have never felt it is right for a team to heave a pass downfield with the basic intention of drawing a 40 yard penalty. I think the game would become more competitive if this rule was amended to reflect my points.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Disagree. In college, defensive backs (Ahmad "Bannister Owns Me" Carroll was famous for it) exploit the rule by grabbing receivers when they would have otherwise made a big play, i.e. an 80 yard touchdown, and instead just take the fifteen yards.

Defensive backs need to go back to playing like Jack Tatum. Make WR's fear to touch the ball. When they grab it, do it like Winfield does, and lower the freakin' boom.

TEXPACK
08-17-2004, 10:29 PM
To think Jack Tatum would have to give his whole paycheck to charity if he played today. The days of big spearing DBs are gone.

I think the rule brings some equity to the defensive game. The offense has all the breaks. QB protection, setting picks (which are illegal but, never called). If a big time reciever is open he should still score, no team wants a 15 yard penalty.

I guess I am old school and long for the days when a great game was 14-10. Maybe, I'm in the minority, but, I still think it's better for the game.

P.S. I didn't know Carroll was "famous" for pulling recievers down in college. I watched a fair amount of Arkansas football here in Dallas and never heard that mentioned about him once. I think your silly!

RandyMoss8404
08-17-2004, 10:31 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

To think Jack Tatum would have to give his whole paycheck to charity if he played today. The days of big spearing DBs are gone.

I think the rule brings some equity to the defensive game. The offense has all the breaks. QB protection, setting picks (which are illegal but, never called). If a big time reciever is open he should still score, no team wants a 15 yard penalty.

I guess I am old school and long for the days when a great game was 14-10. Maybe, I'm in the minority, but, I still think it's better for the game.

I agree about the low score, but it wasn't because of the pass interference rule, it's because people actually knew how to play defense.

Watch the Patriots this year, mark my words, they will NOT repeat, because Ty Law will have to learn to play defense.

Edit: Fair share of Arkansas games?

Tex, let's straighten this out right now. You're in denial.
I was being silly about Carroll being slow, but then he got worked by Alex 'Fourth String WR" Bannister.

Now I'm being silly even though I saw just about every Razorback game last year.

Will I be silly when he leads the NFC north in pass interference penalties?

TEXPACK
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't count the Patriots out yet. They are the Champions in my opinion stay there until beaten.

TEXPACK
08-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I just think you're "tripp'in on Carroll. And why? because he wears Green and Gold. That's fine if that's where it begins and ends. I understand.

But, if you really think you can base assesments of Carroll off that game, training camp reports,etc. You got yours and I got mine. I don't think the guy should be pronounced dead. That's Silly!