PDA

View Full Version : Videos: Childress on character & Childress talks draft

singersp
05-10-2006, 04:04 AM
I found these videos out on the WCCO website & the top two, as well as others are worth taking a look at.

RSS: Childress On Character The Media
WCCO Sports Videos | May 08, 2006

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress talked about character and gave his thoughts on the media in an interview with Mark Rosen (7:22).

RSS: Childress Talks Draft 2006 Team
WCCO Sports Videos | May 08, 2006

Brad Childress talked about the NFL Draft and the new look of the Minnesota Vikings with Mark Rosen (9:21).

Link To Vikings Videos (http://www.searchforvideo.com/sports/nfl/minnesota-vikings/index.html)

snowinapril
05-10-2006, 04:23 AM
Not living in the Twin Cities it is difficult to get a feel for how "out there" or involved Childress is with the media and the community.

Has he made himself available?

jaymz7
05-10-2006, 04:52 AM
I think he has been upfront with the media. Well at least as up front as you would want your head coach to be. You don't want to give to much away.

COJOMAY
05-10-2006, 04:57 AM
That was a great find Singer. I really enjoyed listening to those interviews. And after listening to them I'm all the more convinced that Brad Childress is going to be a heck of a coach.

vikeswin2005
05-10-2006, 05:09 AM
good post singer

snowinapril
05-10-2006, 05:17 AM
I know there are some Rosen haters out there, but I like the guy.

Good interview!

I am excited about the upcoming season.

snowinapril
05-10-2006, 05:18 AM
I agree with him about the Tarvaris pick. If you want something bad enough, you don't wait for it to fall into your lap, you go get it.

VikesfaninWis
05-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Man, that guy has a swagger about him.. The more I watched the interviews, the more he reminded me of Jon Gruden.. If he coaches like Gruden does, us Viking fans will be very happy.. I really enjoyed those interviews Singers.. Thanks alot man.

singersp
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I liked what he had to say about T-Jack. It makes me more sure he was also Childress' choice & not just Foley's & that he was backing the trade.

skum
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I cant locate the first two videos, however the rest is there..

singersp
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
"skum" wrote:

:scratch: They're the 1st two at the top of the page. If others are there, those should be also.

They're there for me.

Prophet
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"skum" wrote:

:scratch: They're the 1st two at the top of the page. If others are there, those should be also.

They're there for me.

When you click on it other videos are there, I had to go to page 7 to find Childress' character spiel.

CCthebest
05-10-2006, 04:10 PM
So they didnt didnt want to trade picks for Cutler, but they did for TJ??? And according to half the posters here it wasnt even Childress doing anything in the draft, its was all Foley.

I think Childress's idea of 'good character' means he likes average players, no showboating. If so, we cant fire him soon enough. He wants PG players, not R. Unfortunatley the R players get things done.

singersp
05-11-2006, 12:39 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"skum" wrote:

They're there for me.

When you click on it other videos are there, I had to go to page 7 to find Childress' character spiel.

They must shift the positions around as new videos are posted. But they're in there.

Aberration
05-11-2006, 12:49 AM
yeah I all I can find is the short min long teaser (One-on-One) interview, anyone find the others today? When I search for the exact title I get nothing other than draft conferences and the old 2/6 Childress interview. Has the interview aired yet? if not was it pulled?

VikesfaninWis
05-11-2006, 12:54 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I liked what he had to say about T-Jack. It makes me more sure he was also Childress' choice & not just Foley's & that he was backing the trade.

Right on.. It gives us a little sense of relief that Childress thinks this guy has what it takes to be a great QB in the NFL in future years.. I'm glad that he had something to do with that draft pick, instead of it all sitting on the shoulders of the guy who lied about everything, and was canned right after the draft was over. It will now be Childress, Bevell, and Rogers molding this guy into the next franchise QB, and also a little help from BJ himself.. :smile: