PDA

View Full Version : When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...



RandyMoss8404
08-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Without McKenzie, things could get ugly. The Packers will face several of the league’s top receivers this season. They will open against Carolina’s Steve Smith, who had 1,110 yards and seven touchdowns a year ago.

Then the schedule gets really tough.

Including Smith, the Packers will face nine receivers who had more than 1,000 yards receiving last season. Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison, Tennessee’s Derrick Mason, St. Louis’ Torry Holt, Philadelphia’s Terrell Owens and Minnesota’s Randy Moss all were selected to the Pro Bowl last season. The Packers also will face New York’s Amani Toomer, St. Louis’ Isaac Bruce and Washington’s Laveranues Coles.

While those days could be brutal for the Packers’ defensive backs, the other games aren’t exactly cakewalks. The Packers also will have to face Dallas’ Keyshawn Johnson, Houston’s Andre Johnson, and hotshot rookies in Detroit’s Roy Williams and Jacksonville’s Reggie Williams.

If the defensive backs are looking for a game where they won’t face a top receiver, they will be relieved to know it comes against the Chicago Bears. Fortunately for the Packers, they play them twice.



I don't like the Packers, but this season might be very ugly for them.

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Agreed, I actually am picking the pack to finish 3rd or 4th in the NFC north. And it kills me, I like the pack, I enjoy the rivalry. But if they tunr into a pile of $hit like Sherm seems determined to do then the rivalry will go away!

NeoVikesTX
08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I don't think Sherman is a very good coach. He has a worried, fearful look in his eyes. That's not good for the players confidence.

Going for it on 4th and inches to seal the victory in Philly. You gotta go for the throat, not go out there and try and draw the defense off-sides and then punt the ball. Terrible decision. Lost them the game and ended their season.

If the Pack miss the playoffs and Favre retires, then Sherman will be out the door.

vikefan in WI
08-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Sherman is way over his head with his double duty as head coach and GM. With the Favre era grinding to an end Sherman is making the same mistakes that Mike Lynn used to make for us. Just the fact that the Packers traded two draft picks to move up and get a kicker (who is averaging about 25 yards per kick) shows how desperate they are. With more decisions like this they should be in mid-80's form in no time.

dart18
08-12-2004, 03:56 PM
the rivalry will never go away unless one of our two teams have six or seven bad years. Plus our two teams fans combine for more than enough trash talk to keep it always fun. We will see what happens, some WR's put up good numbers no matter the CB so anything is possible, alos maybe a newbie will shine for the pack with Carrol although doubtful but it will be fun

VKG4LFE
08-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I agree dart. You never know what can happen. I don't think many Vikes fans thought that Brian Williams would do what he did last year so you never really know. Hey, I hope that the pack DBs get torn up all year without McKenzie (not that they didn't with him) but you never know what's going to happen during the season!!

Jer
08-13-2004, 12:07 AM
This rivalry is still going. As long as we split each year and stay close in all time standings head to head it will be heated. 43-43-1. Look at 99' and 00' when the Packers were supposed to get beat up by the Vikes. Resulted in a split and a sweep for us. Then when we are the playoff team in 01' and 02' we sweep. No matter how good one team is it is rarely ever a sure thing. We sucked in the 70's and 80's yet you guys just haven't pulled away. Neither team has been able to pull away and that is what each team wants to do.

Jer
08-13-2004, 12:14 AM
NeoVikes-that was what cost us the game. What do you trust more,-the Packers offense or the defense? That bothered me the most. For some reason 4th and 26 doesn't make me lose sleep at night and hasn't. This happened all year to the point where I got used to it and expected it to happen. 1st and 2nd down we dominated then on 3rd and long we give up just enough for the first down. If it was 10 yards we gave up 11 and if it was 15 we gave up 15 in a half. I was mad, but not shocked. If we go for it on 4th and 1 we convert and if we somehow didn't at least the defense would have a huge field to play with.

The rivalry did get a little quiet-(but not gone) from the 01' game at Lambeau to the last game before the 02' game at the Dome. Hovan ran his mouth and got these teams to hate each other. We win at home later and have the "brawl." The hate is always there, but the whole Hovan situation just brought things back up.

casper
08-13-2004, 01:30 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I agree dart. You never know what can happen. I don't think many Vikes fans thought that Brian Williams would do what he did last year so you never really know. Hey, I hope that the pack DBs get torn up all year without McKenzie (not that they didn't with him) but you never know what's going to happen during the season!!

I am withyou VKG4LFE but in all fairness even though green bay does have the best record in NFL history and they are dam proud of :oops: did I say that Sh*t LA and TEXPACK must be tring to use some kind of subliminal message board stuff here :shaking: the puckers suck no matter what :twisted: they will always suck with or with out McKenzie come on he is one man in a supposed team :pukeright: so quite whining GB pull your panties up Ladies and get ready to play ball.. :bootyshake: .what a bunch of cry babies... webby check the programing LA and TEXPACK are up to something 8)

vikeroo
08-13-2004, 02:56 AM
The Vikes vs Pack rivalry was not that big when I was younger (74'-92')... Seemed like all the big emotional games were vs the Bears during that period (Payton gets 275, injured McMahon overcomes 20 pt Vike lead in 4th, Vikes almost give da' coach a heart attack scoring 3 TD's in the 4th, and all that jazz)... Modern Vikes-Pack rivalry seems to date back to the enterance of Favre on the scene... Truth is Pack-Bears will always be bigger rivalry, but Vikes vs Pack has been far more competitive the last 12 years... Lions fans hate all of us!!!

Jer
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
There is more respect right now with the Packers-Bears. The Packers-Vikes is true hate. Casper what are you talking about cry-babies? How have we cried? We all realize that MM isn't here. I wish he was, but I am glad that Sherman is handling it the way he is. We're all pumped about the season. We aren't primarily thinking about getting burnt. That will happen with our young guys, but they should adjust halfway through the season. Our young guys have speed just not the instincts. As Favre said,"Super Bowl... or it was a bust." After 3 years in the playoffs its time for us to do something.

VKG4LFE
08-13-2004, 12:22 PM
I agree with Jer (man it kills me to agree with a packer fan), but I like how Sherman and the packer organization is handling the McKenzie situation. Teams shouldn't re-negotiate with a player with 3 years left on his contract, unless they are the ones asking to do it!! I respect what Sherman is doing and not falling into the demands of yet another pampered athlete!!

VKG4LFE
08-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, one more thing. With that whole "Superbowl or bust" thing from favre, I hope he means we win the superbowl or I retire!! Because if that's what he means, check ya later Favre!!

packmanxxxi
08-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Very funny how some of you take some shots at Sherman on here....

"Winning games at better than a two-to-one ratio, Sherman has put together an impressive 43-21 regular-season record since 2000. His .672 winning percentage ties him with the Steelers' Bill Cowher and the Rams' Mike Martz for the fourth-best record by a head coach in his initial four seasons from among the 147 who have launched their careers since 1970. Only the 49ers' George Seifert (.813), the Rams' Chuck Knox (.800) and the Redskins' Joe Gibbs (.719) have enjoyed better coaching starts over the last three-and-a-half decades.

Is tied with Martz for the second-best career record among active head coaches (.652, 45-24 including playoffs), behind only the .683 winning percentage (140-65) of Gibbs;
Has directed Green Bay to consecutive division titles (2002-03) for only the second time since the 'Lombardi era';
Has led the Packers to a 17-2 regular-season record (.895) Dec. 1 or later, including a perfect 4-0 in both 2000 and 2003. The Packers have a plus-32 turnover ratio in those games; and
Twice in four years has posted a winning road record (5-3 in 2001, 5-3 in 2003) -- giving him two of the five winning campaigns on the road by the Packers over the last 35 seasons. "

~taken from packers.com

How Vikings fans can rip on a coach with those stats (I use that because stats are all people around here seem to care about) when they have their own coach who started 6-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs.

This about this. What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers. Ithink you all are in for a major disapointment.

whackthepack
08-16-2004, 02:54 PM
[quote="packmanxxxi"]Very funny how some of you take some shots at Sherman on here....

"Winning games at better than a two-to-one ratio, Sherman has put together an impressive 43-21 regular-season record since 2000. His .672 winning percentage ties him with the Steelers' Bill Cowher and the Rams' Mike Martz for the fourth-best record by a head coach in his initial four seasons from among the 147 who have launched their careers since 1970. Only the 49ers' George Seifert (.813), the Rams' Chuck Knox (.800) and the Redskins' Joe Gibbs (.719) have enjoyed better coaching starts over the last three-and-a-half decades.

Is tied with Martz for the second-best career record among active head coaches (.652, 45-24 including playoffs), behind only the .683 winning percentage (140-65) of Gibbs;
Has directed Green Bay to consecutive division titles (2002-03) for only the second time since the 'Lombardi era';
Has led the Packers to a 17-2 regular-season record (.895) Dec. 1 or later, including a perfect 4-0 in both 2000 and 2003. The Packers have a plus-32 turnover ratio in those games; and
Twice in four years has posted a winning road record (5-3 in 2001, 5-3 in 2003) -- giving him two of the five winning campaigns on the road by the Packers over the last 35 seasons. "

~taken from packers.com

How Vikings fans can rip on a coach with those stats (I use that because stats are all people around here seem to care about) when they have their own coach who started 6-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs.




Pukemannxxxi

Sherman inheirated a team that was full of talent and veterans, so was it his coaching or his luck to get the team. Phil Jackson went to LA and won 3 championships, was it Phil or would they have won the championships nomatter who the coach was? :scratch:

Tice came to a team that had fallen into disarray, the talent pool on defense had been depleted and the offense best RB retired, a young QB that was raw and needed to develope.

So it's hard to say if Sherman had come into the same situation what his record would have been, and if he is so loved then why have a lot of your defensive players left and went elsewhere. And your current best defensive player says he will never play for the Pack again.

What will Sherman's record be over the next four years as your players get long in the tooth and Favre retires after this year (Tim Couch starting Packer Qb next year, the rest of the league is just shaking in their boots) (from Laughter) :lol: :bootyshake:

packmanxxxi
08-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....

TEXPACK
08-16-2004, 11:26 PM
I think everyone in America who watched the game saw that Tim Couch is a long way from starting in the NFL. What a disappointment!

This guy wastes everyones time. I honestly don't know if Couch really has it upstairs or not? Physical talents aside he really stunk it up tonight. I don't think anyone can blame the defense when the offense can't move the ball 10 yards.

Nall was hurt and I have been reading he likely will get cut. Pederson could move the offense for a couple quarters if necessary but, that's it. For less than a million dollars a year I am quite sure Green Bay could pick up a QB with some west coast experience and who could complete 50% of his passes for more than 18 yards.

I don't know if I can watch Couch disgrace The uniform again. The joke is on me I really thought Green Bay had an advantage with our back up QB vs Seneca Wallace. I give him and his team credit they really showed us.

whackthepack
08-17-2004, 09:23 AM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....


Pukemanxxxi

Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

So maybe Pukeman :pukeright: maybe you should check your history!

VKG4LFE
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
They went to the superbowl in 96 and 97, not 98.

whackthepack
08-17-2004, 10:59 AM
The actual date was in 1998 it was the 97-98 season!

VKG4LFE
08-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh, I see what you're sayin'!!

purplepat
08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers.

Actually, it might have been the Packers. Reggie White is generally acknowledged as the piece that finally put the Packers over the top.

Don't forget, as important as additions like Winfield, Robinson, and Darren Bennett will likely be to the Vikings this season, the vast majority of their roster is "homegrown". Technically, neither Brett Favre nor Ahman Green are products of the Packer organization...both were acquired in trades (they just blossomed in GB).

And while the Patriots may not have picked up a bunch of "big-name" free agents, they have been very active picking up free agents for their SB runs. What they have been credited with is doing it by picking up the lower-priced role players that have contributed signficantly, rather than overpaying for big names like Kearse.

whackthepack
08-19-2004, 12:31 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....


Pukemanxxxi

Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

So maybe Pukeman :pukeright: maybe you should check your history!





Have you noticed how quiet the Packer fans have been since Mondays game. :oops: Have not seen or heard from Texpack or Pukemanxxxi (Los, is on vacation so I give him an excuse). :scratch:

Guys it was a preseason game don't take it so hard, plenty of football left to be played. :wink: :thumbleft:

TEXPACK
08-20-2004, 12:44 AM
I've been working. I'm not avoiding you all.

What do you say when you get beat????

I'm asking you because you are a Viking fan and know better, than we do. :)

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Tex you are so funny, :lol: easy to forget the 70's and the 80's when the Packers were doormats and everybody loved having them on their schedule!

packmanxxxi
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....


Pukemanxxxi

Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

So maybe Pukeman :pukeright: maybe you should check your history!

Umm, shows how little you know... Levens was cut, Harris was cut, Holiday was never offered a contract, and Dotson was never offered a contract. Also, Favre has stated time and time again that he is playing for 3 more years... so, ummmm, WHO needs to get their facts straight? And dude, stop with the childish, illiterate, just plain dumb namecalling. Makes people not remotly care what you post. Pukeman, Favre's name, etc.... get a f-ing life

packmanxxxi
08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers.

Actually, it might have been the Packers. Reggie White is generally acknowledged as the piece that finally put the Packers over the top.

Don't forget, as important as additions like Winfield, Robinson, and Darren Bennett will likely be to the Vikings this season, the vast majority of their roster is "homegrown". Technically, neither Brett Favre nor Ahman Green are products of the Packer organization...both were acquired in trades (they just blossomed in GB).

And while the Patriots may not have picked up a bunch of "big-name" free agents, they have been very active picking up free agents for their SB runs. What they have been credited with is doing it by picking up the lower-priced role players that have contributed signficantly, rather than overpaying for big names like Kearse.


Good post. You might be right that the Packers were the last one- although they didnt go the year White was there. Very rare does a team pick up a FA who helps them so much he leads them there. I was referring to pickups, big name, who help immediatly to take them to the promised land. I was not clear, i apologize.

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 02:32 PM
"packmanxxxi" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....


Pukemanxxxi

Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

So maybe Pukeman :pukeright: maybe you should check your history!

Umm, shows how little you know... Levens was cut, Harris was cut, Holiday was never offered a contract, and Dotson was never offered a contract. Also, Favre has stated time and time again that he is playing for 3 more years... so, ummmm, WHO needs to get their facts straight? And dude, stop with the childish, illiterate, just plain dumb namecalling. Makes people not remotly care what you post. Pukeman, Favre's name, etc.... get a f-ing life



Sorry Pukeman :pukeright: good to see you came out of the suicide watch Ok and are stable tell the next GB loss.

the swansong of Favre (Farve what every he wants to call himself), the end, him and Onterrio can set around and do Vicadon and toke up, it's over he will retire.

You are trying to tell me they would have not taken Vonnie Holiday back or Santana Dotson :lol: not buying it, not buying it at all.

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Packman; I am sorry I should not have made fun of your name, I will not refer to you anymore other than packman. Please accept my apology and excuse my childish behavior. :oops:

Whack the Pack

packmanxxxi
08-20-2004, 04:43 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:



Sorry Pukeman :pukeright: good to see you came out of the suicide watch Ok and are stable tell the next GB loss.

the swansong of Favre (Farve what every he wants to call himself), the end, him and Onterrio can set around and do Vicadon and toke up, it's over he will retire.

You are trying to tell me they would have not taken Vonnie Holiday back or Santana Dotson :lol: not buying it, not buying it at all.


Once again you fail to put two sentences together that speak to anything intelligent or worthy of reading. The middle sentence, if that is what you wish to call it, is nothing but a song and dance of your failing hopes and aspirations for this and many upcoming years. I come to this site for many of the fans who speak football. We do not agree, and sometimes argue, but they hardly rip. It is fun, good natured, light hearted trashing between two rivals. Your pre-school comments have no place on such a classy site.

"Come out of suicide watch" Are you getting at that I am such a loyal fan that I live and die Packers, or that they are so good that any loss sends me into a tail spin? I am lost as to your intention here???

"stable tell the next GB loss" I will assume that you meant stable TILL the next GB loss. We lost a SB, recently actually (not like 1970 something), and I am doing quite fine after that. BTW- that was after we actually went there and WON it. (Do you know what that feels like as a Viking fan??? Didn't think so.)

Finally, would I have taken Vonnie Holiday back? Yes- but two things here. #1- I never said I agreed with the Packers letting him go. You said he wanted to leave, I was simply stating that they LET him go. A bit of a difference. #2- for the money he wanted it would have meant mortgaging the Pack's future in a middle level D-lineman.

Sanana was old and done.

Please- PLEASE get your facts straight before you let your pink nailed fingers touch the keys again to write back!

whackthepack
08-20-2004, 05:19 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Packman; I am sorry I should not have made fun of your name, I will not refer to you anymore other than packman. Please accept my apology and excuse my childish behavior. :oops:

Whack the Pack




Pukeman


I apologized to you and if you are not big enough to accept it, than F*** You and the horse you rode in on you self-rightous packer Puck :pukeright:

I made fun of your name cause you are a dick! I will continue to call you names and make fun of the packers because they suck and I will never worship at the Favre Church! He is not a saint he is a pill popping drunk! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And no matter what you think not all players want to play for the packers and Sherman is not a god (his draft sucked and time will show that he took on to much with head-coach and GM. :bom:

And Favre's name should not be pronounced Farve! :lol:

I hate the Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbright: :thumbleft: :D :salute:



ps. If a player leaves and goes to play some place else, that usualy means he didn't want to play there!

duffVIkEs
08-20-2004, 06:56 PM
excellent, i hope the worst for the packers. every possible bad thing that can happen. im an ass

packmanxxxi
08-20-2004, 11:58 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:



Pukeman


I apologized to you and if you are not big enough to accept it, than F*** You and the horse you road in on you self-rightous packer Puck :pukeright:

I made fun of your name cause you are a dick! I will continue to call you names and make fun of the packers because they suck and I will never worship at the Favre Church! He is not a saint he is a pill popping drunk! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And no matter what you think not all players want to play for the packers and Sherman is not a god (his draft sucked and time will show that he took on to much with head-coach and GM. :bom:

And Favre's name should not be pronounced Farve! :lol:

I hate the Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbright: :thumbleft: :D :salute:



ps. If a player leaves and goes to play some place else, that usualy means he didn't want to play there!

Once again you prove your worth. I can only hope that the mod is reading many of the comments you make considering their so called crackdown on flaming posts.

You say "I made fun of your name cause you are a dick! I will continue to call you names and make fun of the packers because they suck and I will never worship at the Favre Church! He is not a saint he is a pill popping drunk! "

you have every right to think I am whatever you wish. But I would hope you could get more creative than some 4th grade 4 letter word. You are going to make fun of me because the packers suck. Again, I question your ability to say anything worthy to back up that claim. Saying they didn't have a good offseason. Saying you don't like the team. All those things are relavent. But "suck" Come on.

"Hey Johnny, whackthepack wants to know if you can come over?" "No mom, I don't like him, he sucks."

Worship at the Favre church? nahh- I rightly know that you are at the Moss Mosque. Turban on head and all. Calling Favre a pill popping drunk might be accurate, but then what do you refer to Moss as? An eternally high whiner who runs over cops? Come on man.... your back up RB just got busted for drugs and you want to refer to Favre problem back in 95? Do you REALLY want to go there?

Hating the Packers is ok. Most on here do. No prob. But you do nothing but make baseless arguments. Its like those Bush supporters who support him because of all the WMD that we found.

rjkvikings
08-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Ok, first off, i'm not defending him in anyway, but i think the reason that a lot of Vikes fans refer to Favre's problem, but would ignore Onterrio Smith's is because Favre is the star of the Packers. We can play without Smith and still be good. You lose Favre and your team is screwed at QB. Second, you bring up Moss running over a cop. For the record that was also a long time ago (like Favre's problem) and moss has matured since then. He hasn't had any real problems for a while, and he is taking more of a leadership role on the field. He even gave the ball to a kid in the stands (who he later found out was our punter's son) after a TD.

packmanxxxi
08-21-2004, 08:41 AM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

Ok, first off, i'm not defending him in anyway, but i think the reason that a lot of Vikes fans refer to Favre's problem, but would ignore Onterrio Smith's is because Favre is the star of the Packers. We can play without Smith and still be good. You lose Favre and your team is screwed at QB. Second, you bring up Moss running over a cop. For the record that was also a long time ago (like Favre's problem) and moss has matured since then. He hasn't had any real problems for a while, and he is taking more of a leadership role on the field. He even gave the ball to a kid in the stands (who he later found out was our punter's son) after a TD.

There is no doubt that people here are bias. And probably rightfully so. But to make that compairison is rediculous. Also, if you remember, Favre never missed a game. In fact, that was the SB year. (The first one) Also, I bring up Moss running over a cop from 3 years ago (not a long time ago) just to prove a point to mr whack the pack. I agree that he hasnt had any "problems" since, and did not refer to any. Just trying to prove a point to that kid.

whackthepack
08-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Pukeman :pukeright: You are a small little man and the reason I like to disparge the Green Bay Pukers is Puker fans like you live and die but what the team does.

I love the Vikes, but if they lose a game I can live with it and the players are people and not gods, so if one of them has problems I can think the are stupid like Onterrio and it doesn't affect me beyond that.

I live in Minnesota have been around Puker fans all my life, Puker fans do not know where real-life begins and football ends. So if you say that we have a player busted for drugs, I say he is a moron. Say that Favre is not a god and Puker fans want to kill you. So little greasy Pukeman your team is on the down-side and Favre or Farve is retiring at the end of the year and your coach is going to have your team in a tail-spin because he thinks he can do it all.

Pukeman you are a little weasely man and you can kiss my a** you little Green Bay Puke!!!! :tongue:

Jer
08-21-2004, 08:00 PM
whackthepack- Lets take a look at guys Sherman has brought in since he started. Bubba Franks in 00'. Don't think that Mike Sherman didn't have anything to do with it because Ron Wolf was there because Sherman used to be a tight ends coach. That 01' draft that was so terrible brought us Fergy and Davenport. We got Javon in 02'. Barnett in 03'. Those are some great draft picks. Mike always brings in good players. At the same time he does let in some bad players, but most of them have been awesome. Just look at Grady Jackson. The 00' team was good, but it is nothing compared to what it is now. That 00' season was great though. After those last 4 games we won against all our division opponents I knew we were going to be a playoff team the next year. Your boy Tice came with Moss and Cullpepper. I'm not bragging about them, but you guys worship these two players. Tice is no better than Sherman. Sherman is a better coach. Both are stupid, but Tice is worse. Sherman is a great GM and works real hard, but in-game decisions are what hurts him. We hired Vince Tobin to help him out w/ that. Go Packers!

ItalianStallion
08-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Please, Kevin Williams has an equally impressive future as Nick Barnett and contributed just as much last year. Don't even try to compare your past few draft with our because they really are not comparable.

whackthepack
08-25-2004, 01:25 PM
"Jer" wrote:

whackthepack- Lets take a look at guys Sherman has brought in since he started. Bubba Franks in 00'. Don't think that Mike Sherman didn't have anything to do with it because Ron Wolf was there because Sherman used to be a tight ends coach. That 01' draft that was so terrible brought us Fergy and Davenport. We got Javon in 02'. Barnett in 03'. Those are some great draft picks. Mike always brings in good players. At the same time he does let in some bad players, but most of them have been awesome. Just look at Grady Jackson. The 00' team was good, but it is nothing compared to what it is now. That 00' season was great though. After those last 4 games we won against all our division opponents I knew we were going to be a playoff team the next year. Your boy Tice came with Moss and Cullpepper. I'm not bragging about them, but you guys worship these two players. Tice is no better than Sherman. Sherman is a better coach. Both are stupid, but Tice is worse. Sherman is a great GM and works real hard, but in-game decisions are what hurts him. We hired Vince Tobin to help him out w/ that. Go Packers!


Jer: Drafting a punter in the 3rd round of this years draft when the guy can not even punt over 36 yards is a great GM move, and having to bring in a veteran punter to take snaps cause they are so worried about his preformance (outstanding). :salute:

LosAngelis
08-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Packmann will probably try to skin me alive for this, but I'm not a strong supporter of Sherman.

I think his record over the past several seasons has kept him alive, and really, you can't argue with the records he's posted.

But he does seem to have this "deer-in-headlights" look to him every so often, and that seems to rub off on the players at times, kind of like they all have collective ADD. We started out very slow last year (as you all know), and once the players had a outside motivation (Favre's father), they really seemed to kick it up and play to their potential.

This will indeed be a watershed year for the Packers. Favre is probably right, not exactly that it is Super Bowl or Bust, but its tremendous success or failure this year depending on how Sherman can pull them together.

Now, before you all slap me on the back and tell me what a closet Viking fan I am...

I do think the Packers will do well. I think it will be an explosive year for them, especially offensively, and I do see them at 9 or 10 wins this year. Trouble with winning the division is getting the tougher schedule.

I see the Vikes doing the same, and in a lot of way, for the same reasons. Tice, to me, is not a very good coach and doesn't have the proper authority with the players.

I used to say the only thing that can stop the Vikes are themselves, but I do think that Tice can stop them, too. During your end-of-the-year slide, he kept saying "Hey! We're 6-1!" or "Hey! Were 6-3! I bet a lot of other teams wish they were 6-3!".

It wasn't until you really hit the bottom that he threw a chair. And bragged about it to the media. What a leader.

Not trying to incite anything, just saying that the Packers and the Vikings have something in common, and that may be the thing that keeps us good, and keeps us down. That's why I see 9-10 wins for both teams this year.

VKG4LFE
08-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Sherman reminds me a lot of Denny Green. Good regular season record, but just can't get over the hump in the postseason!!

whackthepack
08-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome BacK Los (a packer fan with common sense), good to ahve you back and how was Florida!

how many times did you here "are we there yet"! :D

LosAngelis
08-26-2004, 04:19 PM
My kids actually wanted to go home early. Not used to waiting in long lines in 100 degree heat indexes, I guess.