PDA

View Full Version : M. McMahon

Braddock
05-06-2006, 01:58 AM
I used to laugh everytime this guy would come on the field for the Lions, thinking to myself "Man, we've got this one in the bag now." Now he's playing for us. What do you think about this? Do you think we should put him behind B. Johns or put T.Jack in there? Discuss.....now

Braddock
05-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Sorry about the repost

purplepride818
05-06-2006, 02:03 AM
he wont take any snaps unless brad goes down to injury or we're winning by 50 points

ThaSuperFreak33
05-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Even if we are winning by 50 Points I still would be a little nervous with him in there.

umaguma1979
05-06-2006, 06:45 AM
I remember MM when he was in college with Rutgers - he is the real deal. In my opinion, he is very much like the young rich Gannon. MM will be a late bloomer and I think Childress believes MM still has a chance to be a starter. I see it this way, TJ is a project and MM is a project that is much further along. Remember, Rich gannon didn't become a great QB until late in his career and I think MM is very similar.

Redrouster
05-06-2006, 08:13 AM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

I remember MM when he was in college with Rutgers - he is the real deal. In my opinion, he is very much like the young rich Gannon. MM will be a late bloomer and I think Childress believes MM still has a chance to be a starter. I see it this way, TJ is a project and MM is a project that is much further along. Remember, Rich gannon didn't become a great QB until late in his career and I think MM is very similar. I agree. He is much farther along then TJ, but has some work before he is thrust into a starting role. If this is Brad's last year, next year could be very difficult as far as the QB situation goes unless someone has some reps and develops more.

Mr-holland
05-06-2006, 08:21 AM
I just think he'sa decent Backup.
i don't see our Starter in him.
Let BJ play until we have our new franchise Qb

audioghost
05-06-2006, 08:44 AM
He's a friggin loser...don't know why we picked him up...he's been horrible his whole career, Tim Couch had more success....in fact, Couch would give us a better chance to win than this doofus!

I thought it was a bad signing...but hey, they filled the back-up QB position

TheKnuck
05-06-2006, 08:51 AM
i'm scared that he's our backup if aging brad goes down. hopefully childress sees something in mcmahon like holmgren did with hasselbeck (that is really reaching!!) Brad has to stay healthy or were gonna be a hurin too.

Warp
05-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I dont think McMahon will ever be our starter in the future unless some injurys happen. Even this year if Brad goes down id trust TJ more than McMahon. I just hope McMahon never starts a regular season game for us!

LAVike
05-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Childress is supposed to be the quarterback guru . . . maybe some of his influence will rub of on McMahon. Although the thought of grooming two quarterbacks does not make me sleep easier.

MightyVikes12391
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Who cares hes not gonna play

singersp
05-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I haven't seen him play, so I'll reserve my judgement. But he's got to be better than J.T. O'Sullivan.

kramer9guy
05-06-2006, 04:28 PM
We could have a worse back-up QB than McMahon. I'm OK with the guy. He's a competitor. He's never really been given much of a fair shot at winning in the NFL. With both the Lions and the Eagles, he was never given anything more than clean-up duty for teams on the decline in come from behind games and losing seasons.

One memory I have of him was when, in his rookie season with the Lions on Thanksgiving Day back in 2001, McMahon managed a 14-point comeback bid in the game's final moments (after coming in on clean-up duty for Charlie Batch who sucked it big time as usual) nearly beating the Packers, but the Lions missed a two-point conversion in the last seconds. McMahon has the ability. He's just never been given a fair shot with a supporting cast that could help him win. So, if Brad goes down, I'm confident enough in him to get the job done and I think Coach Childress agrees.

ultravikingfan
05-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Personally, I have the kid play in a few games and I liked him. We was not brilliant or anything like that. I liked the energy he brought to the field. He did have a crappy team too, so do not be so quick to judge him on that.

I think that if he ever stepped under center for us he would be ok.

norseforce
05-06-2006, 04:44 PM
he's a good backup,for sure better than couch. mcmahon can at least move around when in trouble and doesn't make stupid mistakes, BRAD will help him out. on a different note.I cant wait till the VIKINGS move to CALI. so I can get season tickets

Vrehna
05-07-2006, 09:53 PM
McMahon still has time to prove that he can stand behind center. Especially in the West Coast offense where we are going to be going for the YAC, rather than the deep ball. With this O-line and our receiving core (FB, RB, TE Included), he could have a good year if Brad goes down *knock on wood*

I'm not too upset about this pick up. T. Jackson is not going to be ready this year to play, and most likely not next year either. Brad is our guy. If he goes down MM will definetely play before Jackson.

howkings
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm not very confident in McMahon. He didn't exactly light up the scoreboard when McNabb was hurt last year. I know he knows Childress's offense but I think I would feel better with someone like Couch who has more starting experience.

VKG4LFE
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I agree howkings. I just hope that BJ stays healthy all year.

ChiTownVike
05-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I personally think that if we are not horribly terrible next year (knock on wood) and we do not have a chance to get Brady Quinn, I think TJ should be out #2 QB and when BJ retires, he should be our starter

VKG4LFE
05-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I would like to get Brady Quinn, but not if we are going to have to suck for a whole season, I don't think I could last!! lol

MightyVikes12391
05-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Hopefully Mcman with be a late bloomer

Potus2028
05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
man, if childress broght him there's a reason.. he's the qb guy..

it could end up like holmgrim and hasslebach, or linehan and ferotte (did ferotte go to st louis w/ him, or is he working with cpep again?)

i put my trust in mcmahon, and i would much rather take him over the new guy...

you can quote me on that, i bet he's our guy

PAvikesfan
05-08-2006, 05:48 AM
i think childress is a homer still. there had to be better back-ups.