PDA

View Full Version : Easist Game this year

MaddenVodkaAddict
05-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Alright ladies and gentlemen, as you may or may not have noticed, a thread entitled "Toughest game THIS year" is in effect. As a result I have decided to create a thread entitled "easiest game this year".

The easiest game this year for the Minnesota Vikings is actually a tie between those games played on the dates of November 12, 2006 and December 21, 2006.

Redrouster
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Dah Lions on 8 Oct in our house!

singersp
05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
No games are easy or a shoe-in.

You just play the game to win, despite who your opponent is.

Over the years we have beaten teams that were better than us & lost to teams we should have rolled over. (see Tampa Bay).

The minute a team steps on to the field with an "easy win" attitude, you can rest assured, they will probably loose.

MightyVikes12391
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
THE PACKERS

vikeswin2005
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
packers at home

ultravikingfan
05-05-2006, 01:30 PM
The Packers game by far; both but the one at home will be a breeze.

I think we could start Jackson and give some of the other players a breather and let the younger guys do what they do best.

DaunteHOF
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
packers, what they gonna do run the ball? HA! pass? HA!

SharperVikings
05-05-2006, 03:40 PM
No games are easy...but id say the packers at home!

NodakPaul
05-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Man, I hate to say that any game will be easy. Getting overconfident can lead to a loss.

But I will say that the Packers game at home will probably be our least hard.

Zeus
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:

Alright ladies and gentlemen, as you may or may not have noticed, a thread entitled "Toughest game THIS year" is in effect. As a result I have decided to create a thread entitled "easiest game this year".

Well, actually the thread is entitled "Easist Game this year", but who am I to quibble.

Here's my top 5.

5. 12/10 @ Detroit
4. 12/31 vs. St. Louis
3. 11/12 vs. Green Bay
2. 10/8 vs. Detroit
1. 11/5 @ San Francisco

BY FAR the easiest game of the season is the San Francisco game. Anyone who suggest the Packers games will be easier than that is totally forgetting who is on the other side of the ball for GB. Denegrate him all you want - the fact remains that Brett Favre is a HALL-OF-FAME QB who can still engineer incredible victories. I honestly think he will reign it in a bit this year over last and not try to force as much. PLUS - the Packers defense is markedly better than the one which the Vikes beat twice last year by a COMBINED 6 points.

The Niners are bad, plain and simple. And by 11/5, the early-season kinks in the new WCO and Tampa2 should be worked out. That should be an easy 28-10 cakewalk for the Vikes.

Of course, once the game starts, all bets are off.

As Joe Namath once said (late 80's New England vs. NYJets broadcast) - "Well, there are two teams on the field and it's a hundred yards long."

You go, Joe.

=Z=

Gift
05-05-2006, 07:20 PM
im not sure why so many pick the pack as the easiest. No game against the pack is all that easy for us, no matter how bad they are in any given season they will show up & give us a game. The lions on the other hand...

cajunvike
05-05-2006, 07:25 PM
"singersp" wrote:

No games are easy or a shoe-in.

You just play the game to win, despite who your opponent is.

Over the years we have beaten teams that were better than us & lost to teams we should have rolled over. (see Tampa Bay).

The minute a team steps on to the field with an "easy win" attitude, you can rest assured, they will probably loose.

An eternal problem for singer! :razz:

tarkenton10
05-05-2006, 07:30 PM
The kittens at home. I think we will spank 'em!!

BadlandsVikings
05-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Don't think easy. Get Cocky. You Lose.

Foranzan
05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Jets game

VKG4LFE
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
The thing with the vikes is they make the "easy" games tough on themselves (ie cardinals of 01) and the "tough" games easy (ie chiefs 01). So I'm gonna say we kick the crap out of the Seahawks and unfortunately we lose to Buffalo.

Json
05-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't agree that the Pack is the easist game this year. Those games are usually close and they always give the Vikes a run for their money. I would have to say nobody actually. "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" is the motto to remember.

snowinapril
05-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Don't Jinx! Please!

NO SUCH thing as an easy game! Maybe after you win the game, but not before it is played.

seaniemck7
05-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I can't remember against which team we have the longest home winning streak, but its either Chicago or Detroit.

In the words of Crash Davis in BULL DURHAM, "Never f@ck with a winning streak."

So i will call it here: Chicago in the Dome.

brandsp
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Man, I'm laughing right now. Those comments on not being overconfident, and not looking past teams and no game is easy....blah blah blah.

We are the fans!!! Hello, it is okay for us to do that. Heck, we're suppose to do that. Puckers sux, so do the kittens, etc etc. That's just good fun. The players and coaches can't look past teams (as we do lose way too many games to bad teams.)

the hook

Vrehna
05-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Vikings in the Slackers house, dead of winter. ;)

Easiest game of the year.