PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' actions concern Krause



singersp
05-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Posted on Thu, May. 04, 2006

Vikings' actions concern Krause

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
Pioneer Press

The Vikings' player personnel director job, which became vacant Wednesday with the dismissal of Fran Foley, has drawn the interest of former Vikings safety Paul Krause, a pro football hall of famer.

"After playing with the Vikings all those years (12), the Purple People Eaters, the Super Bowls, I see the Vikings need some people who know what football players should do and look like, and I think I qualify for that," said Krause, who still owns the NFL career record for interceptions (81).

Krause, 64, a Dakota County commissioner and real estate developer, is bothered by what he perceives as the organization's fall from grace.

"I have a lot of pride and would like to see the Vikings get back to what they used to be," he said. "I don't think the Vikings' organization is anywhere near what it used to be."

Krause said he wanted to bring 36 NFL hall of famers to the Twin Cities in August for a charity fundraiser golf tournament at the new Meadows course at Mystic Lake Casino but was rejected.

"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."

Full article: Vikings' actions concern Krause (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14494737.htm)

petrodemos
05-04-2006, 02:37 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Posted on Thu, May. 04, 2006

Vikings' actions concern Krause

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
Pioneer Press

Krause said he wanted to bring 36 NFL hall of famers to the Twin Cities in August for a charity fundraiser golf tournament at the new Meadows course at Mystic Lake Casino but was rejected.

"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."

Full article: Vikings' actions concern Krause (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14494737.htm)

certainly proof positive of the vikings organization fall from grace.

Prophet
05-04-2006, 02:41 PM
"petrodemos" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Posted on Thu, May. 04, 2006

Vikings' actions concern Krause

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
Pioneer Press

Krause said he wanted to bring 36 NFL hall of famers to the Twin Cities in August for a charity fundraiser golf tournament at the new Meadows course at Mystic Lake Casino but was rejected.

"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."

Full article: Vikings' actions concern Krause (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14494737.htm)

certainly proof positive of the vikings organization fall from grace.

True, but it's a league-wide problem.


"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."

Zeus
05-04-2006, 02:50 PM
"singersp" wrote:


Krause said he wanted to bring 36 NFL hall of famers to the Twin Cities in August for a charity fundraiser golf tournament at the new Meadows course at Mystic Lake Casino but was rejected.

"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."


Let's see - a casino doesn't want anything to do with football players.

Right.

Casinos would hire Jeffrey Dahmer if they thought it would bring in more gamblers to lose money.

=Z=

brbitker
05-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I think the point of the article is that Paul Krause wants to be the new Personnel Director because he wants the Vikings to get back to what they were. I think it'd be a great idea.

vegasvike
05-04-2006, 08:21 PM
"brbitker" wrote:

I think the point of the article is that Paul Krause wants to be the new Personnel Director because he wants the Vikings to get back to what they were. I think it'd be a great idea.

Agreed 100%

tastywaves
05-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Paul Krause is a great Viking name and probably a precent decent guy, but does that make him a good personnel guy? I think we need a sr. guy with solid experience on today's NFL talent. If you want a PR guy for the Vikes to go around and present a good image of the vikes to the fans and media, than maybe a guy like Paul Krause is your guy.

NodakPaul
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"brbitker" wrote:

I think the point of the article is that Paul Krause wants to be the new Personnel Director because he wants the Vikings to get back to what they were. I think it'd be a great idea.

Agreed 100%

I like Paul Krause as a player, but does he have the qualifications to be a Personnel Director? Of couse, he could just pad his resume a little... :lol:

snowinapril
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Hasn't the Mystic casino been following the athlete gambling epidemic news latley, they should definitely want a piece of the action.

LOL

Krause is right, there have been some negatives from the past few years that have tainted the MN community's view of the NFL players.

That rejection wouldn't have happened in another NFL community that I can think of of hand.

There could have been something else behind the rejection???

brandsp
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Let's see - a casino doesn't want anything to do with football players.

Right.

Casinos would hire Jeffrey Dahmer if they thought it would bring in more gamblers to lose money.

=Z=


That pyscho was thankfully dismissed from this world in prison. A broom handle did the trick if I remember correctly.

badbois
05-04-2006, 09:08 PM
of course he is qualified, he knows what football players should do and look like!

olson_10
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
sign him up!

twiztedfait
05-04-2006, 09:28 PM
"brandsp" wrote:


Let's see - a casino doesn't want anything to do with football players.

Right.

Casinos would hire Jeffrey Dahmer if they thought it would bring in more gamblers to lose money.

=Z=


That pyscho was thankfully dismissed from this world in prison. A broom handle did the trick if I remember correctly.

You forgot the cement wall that may have been used.

/shrug I don't really know that much about him to make a decision. With all the troubles we have had the last couple of years our rep is tarnished. No 1 person can change that.

What are the other realistic options out there?

VikesfaninWis
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I think that Scott Studwell is the right man for the job. It should have been his job to begin with, and none of this crap would be happening right now. Studwell knows everything about every player in the NFL right now. Who better then someone that has been with the Viking's orginization this long to move into the position?

I like Paul Krause just as much as the next guy, but someone said it right, is he qualified to have that position? He was a great player, there is no taking that away from him. We need someone like Studwell to do the job for us.. I vote Scott Studwell..

thanatoschristou
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
With a name like Stud Well they guy has to be good. Let's hope we are not too hasty to fill the spot. The vkies probably waited to fire Foley because they did not want trade talk to get out, but we have made it for years without a Personnel guy. Not that we have done it well but we do not need to be in a rush to fill the spot.

NodakPaul
05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
"badbois" wrote:

of course he is qualified, he knows what football players should do and look like!

Unfortunately, it takes a lot more than just having a general idea of what football players should look and act like to be a director of personnel. You also need to understand team dynamics, a player's ability to improve, the measure of a player's skill vs the need of a team, etc... You have to have the foresight to take a risk on the Moss's of the world, but avoid the Akili Smith's. It isn't exactly a walk in the park type of job.

I think Studwell would be a logical choice, but he has already said he would prefer to keep his current job and travel.

vikesoto
05-04-2006, 10:29 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:



I like Paul Krause as a player, but does he have the qualifications to be a Personnel Director? Of couse, he could just pad his resume a little... :lol:

Oh .....Foley was MORE qualified ??

Zeus
05-04-2006, 10:38 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:



I like Paul Krause as a player, but does he have the qualifications to be a Personnel Director? Of couse, he could just pad his resume a little... :lol:

Oh .....Foley was MORE qualified ??

Of course he was. The four years he spent as a justice on the US Supreme Court show that!

=Z=

vikesoto
05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"vikesoto" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:



I like Paul Krause as a player, but does he have the qualifications to be a Personnel Director? Of couse, he could just pad his resume a little... :lol:

Oh .....Foley was MORE qualified ??

Of course he was. The four years he spent as a justice on the US Supreme Court show that!

=Z=

What ???

And that makes him qualified to be a head honcho on a football team, how?

He's GONE.....who cares......

Zeus
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"vikesoto" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:



I like Paul Krause as a player, but does he have the qualifications to be a Personnel Director? Of couse, he could just pad his resume a little... :lol:

Oh .....Foley was MORE qualified ??

Of course he was. The four years he spent as a justice on the US Supreme Court show that!

=Z=

What ???

And that makes him qualified to be a head honcho on a football team, how?

He's GONE.....who cares......

Well - what about his 6 years as the Captain of the Starship Enterprise? Surely that gave him the experience to run an NFL franchise!

=Z=

RK.
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Ohh yeah. Wilf is going to hire a guy that is saying he is an idiot for the way he is running the team. :roll: If Krause wanted the job he should have applied for it with a positive statement about what he could bring, instead of that they are "no where near what they used to be".

Don't look for him to get hired anytime soon.

singersp
05-05-2006, 01:53 AM
"twiztedfait" wrote:

/shrug I don't really know that much about him to make a decision. With all the troubles we have had the last couple of years our rep is tarnished. No 1 person can change that.

What are the other realistic options out there?

No, but a Superbowl can! :wink:

damien927
05-05-2006, 02:33 AM
I say hire Studwell, and hire Krause as an assistant to maybe help give some old school perspective.

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-05-2006, 02:36 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Posted on Thu, May. 04, 2006

Vikings' actions concern Krause

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
Pioneer Press

The Vikings' player personnel director job, which became vacant Wednesday with the dismissal of Fran Foley, has drawn the interest of former Vikings safety Paul Krause, a pro football hall of famer.

"After playing with the Vikings all those years (12), the Purple People Eaters, the Super Bowls, I see the Vikings need some people who know what football players should do and look like, and I think I qualify for that," said Krause, who still owns the NFL career record for interceptions (81).

Krause, 64, a Dakota County commissioner and real estate developer, is bothered by what he perceives as the organization's fall from grace.

"I have a lot of pride and would like to see the Vikings get back to what they used to be," he said. "I don't think the Vikings' organization is anywhere near what it used to be."

Krause said he wanted to bring 36 NFL hall of famers to the Twin Cities in August for a charity fundraiser golf tournament at the new Meadows course at Mystic Lake Casino but was rejected.

"I made a presentation, and a letter was sent that (Mystic Lake) wanted nothing to do with football players," Krause said. "I take that as a slap at me."

Full article: Vikings' actions concern Krause (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14494737.htm)



AH YEAH!!! :grin:

tarkenton10
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I would agree as long as his RESUME IS ACCURATE!! HA!! HA!!

Ltrey33
05-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm still amazed every time I see that Krause had 81 INTs. That is just insane.