PDA

View Full Version : Viking's release economic impact study.

whackthepack
05-03-2006, 10:58 PM
This was posted on the Vikings site.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_EconImpact5306.html

VIKINGS OWNER ZYGI WILF AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT REVEAL
ECONOMIC IMPACT STUDY OF STADIUM DEVELOPMENT PLAN

On Wednesday, May 3, Vikings Owner and Project Developer Zygi Wilf and McComb Group President Jim McComb presented the results of a recently completed economic impact study of Northern Lights - Minnesota's Sports, Retail and Entertainment Center.

Within the presentation, Mr. Wilf described his vision of the project, which includes $1 billion in private investment from the Vikings. He also cited the importance of reaching a stadium solution during the 2006 legislative session.

"This is a tremendous economic development opportunity for the city of Blaine, Anoka County, the Twin Cities area and the entire state of Minnesota," Wilf said. "The Vikings are offering to invest $1 billion in private capital toward a development that will add thousands of jobs, bring in millions of visitors each year, and build the north metro area's infrastructure. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that deserves to be given a fair chance during this session."

Wilf then introduced Mr. McComb, a real estate and economic development consultant, who detailed the findings of his company's analysis and the expected return on investment from the Vikings' development plan. McComb referred to four impact areas, including total investment, development square feet, construction period impacts and annual economic impacts.

"This stadium development project brings a tremendous return on investment for the State of Minnesota," said McComb. "The project will deliver approximately 4,300 construction jobs, 6,900 permanent jobs in a variety of fields, $33.1 million dollars in annual sales tax proceeds, and $15.8 million in property taxes."

Senator Don Betzold (DFL-Fridley), Representative Andy Westerberg (R-Blaine) and Anoka County Commissioner Dan Erhart also attended the presentation.

ECONOMIC IMPACTS MINNESOTA'S SPORTS, RETAIL AND ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

TOTAL INVESTMENT - $ 1,533,519,700
Stadium - $ 674,746,600
Private Sector Development - $ 857,773,100

DEVELOPMENT AREA - 3,960,400 sq. ft.

CONSTRUCTION PERIOD IMPACTS
Annual Construction - Jobs 4,313 jobs
Total Construction Payroll - $ 706,845,500
Sales Taxes - $ 34,611,400

ANNUAL ECONOMIC IMPACTS
Employment* - 6,916 jobs
Payroll* - $ 215,326,200
Sales Taxes - $ 33,136,700
Property Taxes - $ 15,808,200

* Excludes Minnesota Vikings

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Mr. Senior Loan Officer knows how to cut and paste...Ooooooooo

petrodemos
05-04-2006, 03:55 AM
thats two more skills than number34 has.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 03:56 AM
That hurt

VikesfaninWis
05-04-2006, 04:03 AM
"number34" wrote:

That hurt

lol

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:07 AM
"number34" wrote:

Mr. Senior Loan Officer knows how to cut and paste...Ooooooooo

That one hurt me, death blow!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:08 AM
No more, Mr. Senior Loan Officer...pleeeeze!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Whack, it's funny that you think you can beat me. I imagine you as one of those uptown dorks with the imitation designer suit and slicked back hair who think they actually have something to contribute to society when all they really are is a glorified go-fer.

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:17 AM
"number34" wrote:

Whack, it's funny that you think you can beat me. I imagine you as one of those uptown dorks with the imitation designer suit and slicked back hair who think they actually have something to contribute to society when all they really are is a glorified go-fer.

At least I do not work at the golden arches like you obviously do!

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:18 AM
"number34" wrote:

I have not started with you yet Packer Puke at least have the back bone to acknowledge who you are and quit pretending to be Viking fan.

singersp
05-04-2006, 04:25 AM
You two have carried on with this feud in far to may different threads now.

Enough is enough. It's getting old rather quickly.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:34 AM
With all due respect singersp, I simply stated a differing opinion to the Vikings staduim debate and this troglodite jumped on me like I'm his sister.

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:43 AM
"number34" wrote:

With all due respect singersp, I simply stated a differing opinion to the Vikings staduim debate and this troglodite jumped on me like I'm his sister.

You came on a site that is for Viking fans and told us we were stupid for paying for a new stadium! What percentage of the fans on here would you think support a new stadium for the Vikings being that the are die hard Vikings fans and do not want to see them leave Minnesota? 95%?

So do not act all innocent and pretend that you did not start this.

What team do you cheer for?

Plus why don't you go get a job instead of living in your mommies basement and eating her food!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:49 AM
I already told you, I'm a Vikings fan, I have been since I was a kid. I really don't give a crap if you believe it or not.

I didn't start anything. I offered a differing opinion and because it doesn't agree with the supposed 95%, you say I'm a Packer fan and spew a bunch of venom.

I'm sorry, but I'd like to see you do a poll of Minnesot residents in general and see how much they want their taxes raised. There's more to the state than just the Twin Cities you know. Jerk.

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:54 AM
"number34" wrote:

I already told you, I'm a Vikings fan, I have been since I was a kid. I really don't give a crap if you believe it or not.

I didn't start anything. I offered a differing opinion and because it doesn't agree with the supposed 95%, you say I'm a Packer fan and spew a bunch of venom.

I'm sorry, but I'd like to see you do a poll of Minnesot residents in general and see how much they want their taxes raised. There's more to the state than just the Twin Cities you know. Jerk.

So I should be able to vote on everything I am taxed on and it should all be done by referendums?

And you are not from Minnesota so what difference does it make to you jerk!

You are an idiot!

And if you are a Viking fan and list Hershel Walker as your favorite player than you are a bigger idiot than I thought!

BadlandsVikings
05-04-2006, 04:57 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"number34" wrote:

So I should be able to vote on everything I am taxed on and it should all be done by referendums?

And you are not from Minnesota so what difference does it make to you jerk!

You are an idiot!

And if you are a Viking fan and list Hershel Walker as your favorite player than you are a bigger idiot than I thought!How long are you guys going to keep acting like 4 year olds?

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:59 AM
I rest my case.

By the way, I have family who live in Minnesota who don't want a new stadium because they don't want higher taxes so it does make a difference to me.

Also, instead of trying to copy me, try coming up with an original thought.

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 05:19 AM
"number34" wrote:

I rest my case.

By the way, I have family who live in Minnesota who don't want a new stadium because they don't want higher taxes so it does make a difference to me.

Also, instead of trying to copy me, try coming up with an original thought.

Then do I get to vote on everything they like to do that I have to pay tax on!

Do they go to the Mall of America?
Mall of America was given around a 100 million in tax breaks and a 100 million in infrastructure, they want 200 million state investment for their new expansion.

Do they like to snowmobile or cross country ski?
This state spends about 20 million a year maintaining and building snowmobile and cross country ski trails.

How about do they like to fish?
This state spends hundred of millions each year for conservation?

Do they work for Northwest Airlines?
This state gave them 750 million to try and keep them here and 2 build 2 bases in Northern Minnesota!

How about Best Buy?
Gave them Million in tax breaks and bought the land their new corporate campus is on.

How about schools?
I do not have children in the public school system should I have to pay tax on them.

How about welfare?
I work and have never been on government support why should I pay for it?

How about the Guthrie theater?
Over 100 million from the state and I do not go to plays there!

How about tax breaks for 3m, Pillsbury, Alliant Tech Systems?
I do not work at any of those businesses but they get tax breaks form Minnesota!

I do not use or work at these places or do these activities, so I should be able to VOTE on all of them! That is not the way our government was set up and if this is a benefit for the state and it's people then it should be done!

You do not have enough since to admit that you are wrong, and I have no further time to waste on you!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 05:25 AM
No.

No.

Yes.

No.

No. They go to the Best Buy in Fargo, ND.

No. They send their kids to school in Fargo, ND.

Welfare should be abolished altogether. They agree.

Nope.

Nope.

I agree. You should be able to vote on all of that. You need to elect officials who agree.

I may not have any since, but I've got a lot of sense.

You lose again, nimrod.

ultravikingfan
05-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Whack, this guy was banned yesterday.

Don't even waste your breath on him.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 05:29 AM
I was banned yesterday? How do you figure that? I just signed up today.

ultravikingfan
05-04-2006, 05:31 AM
"number34" wrote:

Funny. I can check IP addresses Irving.

Can't slip one past me.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Pretty bright pal. Why was I banned yesterday?

ultravikingfan
05-04-2006, 05:34 AM
"number34" wrote:

Pretty bright pal. Why was I banned yesterday?

Gee, I wonder. Trolling.

BadlandsVikings
05-04-2006, 05:36 AM
"number34" wrote:

:spam1:

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 05:42 AM
What a bunch of @ssh0les

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Do you guys get your kicks patting each other on the backs and trashing anyone who doesn't agree with you?

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 05:43 AM
"number34" wrote:

It is Minnesota if you want to play this game?

And what ever state you are from.
Wisconsin how much to renovate Lamblow field and what about the Brewers new stadium.

Colorado what about Coors field and the new baseball stadium?

Why don't you worry about your own state and let Minnesota decide what we do!

Now I am done with you Packer puke loser!

singersp
05-04-2006, 05:44 AM
"number34" wrote:

What a bunch of @ssh0les

Is that you Irving?

singersp
05-04-2006, 05:48 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"number34" wrote:

Funny. I can check IP addresses Irving.

Can't slip one past me.

I knew it was Irving!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Answer me. What's your problem?

ultravikingfan
05-04-2006, 06:03 AM
You know rhw answer to that.

From the minute you came here you had 1 goal, to piss people off. Thats trolling.

Have a nice day.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 06:05 AM
That's bull and you know it. I just offered a differing opinionand that guy jumped all over me.

BadlandsVikings
05-04-2006, 06:06 AM
"Deleted_User_7689" wrote:

That's bull and you know it. I just offered a differing opinionand that guy jumped all over me. :spam1: