PDA

View Full Version : How do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

PurplePride80
05-03-2006, 06:36 AM
I know that their are a lot of people on PurplePride.org, who don't live in Minnesota. (including myself)

So I was wondering how do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket, or do you go to some type of sports bar?

I really can't afford NFL Sunday Ticket, so if the Vikings game isn't on regular TV, I go to the sports bar. (which I don't mind because the Vikings game is that important to me)

A friend of mine from high school, who is also a Viking fan ( and I don't have many friends, that are Viking fans), his family use to let me come over and watch the game. They have a really nice house and it always fun watching Vikings games over their. But now I live on campus and my friend is in Iraq, so I haven't been to their house in a while.

Luckily, they have NFL Ticket, in the bar at UWM.

So all I have to do now, is walk across the street to campus to watch the game.

I didn't mean to type that much, but I just wanted to share that. :grin:

Discuss!

purplepride818
05-03-2006, 06:43 AM
i go to a bar right down the street. theres usually way more raiders fans than anybody else but we have a small crowd of loyal fans there every weekend. it got better halfway through last season when the raiders sucked so bad they quit going!

oddmanout22287
05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Well, when I lived at home in Kentucky, I would have to go to a sports bar usually to catch the games.
This year, going to college in Minnesota, I've been able to go into the dorm's lounge and watch the games with a bunch of fellow fans
However, next year, I'M GETTING SEASON TICKETS, WHOOHOO!! :cheers: :cheers:

jaymz7
05-03-2006, 06:47 AM
I turn on the TV and use my eyes.

:grin:

PacNWVike
05-03-2006, 07:09 AM
A friend of mine, his son, and I go to a local bar that has multiple satelite dish connections. We have breakfast, Bloody Mary's and cheer on our guys. Of course once a year we travel back to the Frozen Tundra for our Purple Pride Tailgating Party...ilgrimmage! :grin:

SKOL
05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

Of course once a year we travel back to the Frozen Tundra for our Purple Pride Tailgating Party...ilgrimmage! :grin: Do you have a date set for your mecca this year PacNWVike ?

ThorSPL
05-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Sunday Ticket here.... cheaper than drinking at the bars 14 times

TheKnuck
05-03-2006, 07:36 AM
usually working every other sunday and can only get a select few here in wisconsin. just last season i found a streaming radio channel on the internet to listen in everygame (for free). i forgot the name, but i'm sure somebody here knows it.

faninphx
05-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't live in MN, I don't go to bars and I don't have NFL Sunday Ticket. Unfortunately, I have to watch internet updates on NFL.com's gamecenter. It's not very good because I can't really tell how our boys are doing.
But thanks to all those in purplepride.org-land, I get to hear some open discussion about how the game went. Thank You!

Articnv
05-03-2006, 08:02 AM
I live in MN and got to bar called the Lincoln Depot (great vikings bar). We burn somethign packers ever yr at teh end of the game. Last year was a farve shirt and a renouced packer fans hoody.

they have great call9ing by people and soem great 1/2 food (free) and great drink specails.

Webby
05-03-2006, 08:40 AM
buck naked. why wont people watch the game with me? geez

Webby
05-03-2006, 08:41 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Of course once a year we travel back to the Frozen Tundra for our Purple Pride Tailgating Party...ilgrimmage! :grin: Do you have a date set for your mecca this year PacNWVike ?

Yeah, I would like to plan something around his arrival! Maybe we can get him on TV again like this year!

duffVIkEs
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM
da ticket.

BradTheMan14
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM
i have to wake up early like at 9am on sundays which sux...i watch the game alone in my room lights off laying down. i dont like to be disturbed either.

jkjuggalo
05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I live in Fairbanks, AK where apparently there is no longer a DirecTV service provider. There are two sports bars, one which sometimes doesn't show the Vikings games and another called the Goldrush that has all the games but is not ventilated well, so if you go plan on having an iron lung in a few years.

hawaiianvike21
05-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Watch the game at the sports bar "the shack". We have a fairly decent sized viking crowd here, about 6 every week and on good days, around 12 fans.

Since ill be moving to flagstaff for college this year, i dont know any good bar that will carry the game, so this year is kinda in question.

Mr-holland
05-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Well we in holland are happy if we see the Superbowl.
I use www.streamtvnow.com (don't know if i'm allowed to show the link?)
Verry usefull you could pickyour own game.
and last year i checked Vikins Vs Bears in my suite in Las vegas

singersp
05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Yeah, I would like to plan something around his arrival! Maybe we can get him on TV again like this year!

Was that video ever posted?

singersp
05-03-2006, 12:43 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

How do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

With great enthusiasm! :wink:

If it's a home game, I'm always at the dome. It doesn't matter if it's the pre-season or the regular season.

If it's an away game, I watch it at home on a 62" big screen TV. I live in Wisconsin & for most Vikings away games the Packers & Vikings play at different times so I get to watch them.

On the rare occassion that they play at the same time, I watch them thru DISH network. If I don't currently get the channel I call them up & add the channel for that month ($1.50). If they are not shown on DISH when the Vikes & Pack play, I head to a MN bar that is showing them.

Fortunately for me, I live only 8 miles fro Minnesota.

Redrouster
05-03-2006, 01:43 PM
I have to watch the Armed Forces Network to see the games. However, this is hit and miss because you do not know which games they are going to show until a 3 or 4 days before the weekend. Does anyone know any news about the NFL thinking about getting the games on the internet like college footbal does?

GO Vikes

ProjectViking
05-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Living in ireland i dont get 2 watch every viking game live, but i buy a dvd every week and watch teh games a week late, its better than nothing i suppose lol. At least we get a couple of monday nite games this year.

ThePurplePotato
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I go to a sports bar very early to get the same seat every week. This bar is loaded with Steeler and Bengal fans. Me and about six friends, who all like the Bears, sit week after week and listen to these idiotic Steeler and Bengal fans rip on each other. Lucky for me, this past season the Vikes got beat by both of them so I got to join in the fun too. I am the only Vikings fan ever there. Occassionally a random fan will roll in and we will rejoice when we see each other but I'm usually alone in my joy and pain.

MightyVikes12391
05-03-2006, 02:21 PM
usually on the vikings.com website beucase they give you the play by play and theres no vikes games on around here

Zeus
05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

I know that their are a lot of people on PurplePride.org, who don't live in Minnesota. (including myself)

Discuss!

When I lived in VA, I would go to my local Irish pub (Kirkpatrick's) and watch the Vikes when they weren't on the national channels. I was a regular (and friends with the bartenders) so I would normally get the Vikes in a good spot.

And depending on how much $$$ you spend at the bar, you'll probably find that the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket will end up being less over 17 weeks than the cost of the package. This is, of course, assuming that you have DirectTV already. I don't understand why the NFL doesn't put the games on PPV, but that's just me.

=Z=

twiztedfait
05-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I sit on my couch bouncing my head around. My kids seem to think the ONLY place in the house they can play when the vikings are on is right in front of the TV.

Oh and about every 40 seconds I have to ask them to move because i get motionsickness from having to bob my head so much. But here is be best thing.

announcer "Johnson drops back, throws the de....."

Daughter "Bryan can you help me tie my shoe" While she is standing in front of me

Announcer "Touchdown vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

Then I stare at the TV hoping for a replay.....when it finally happens, repeat this with my son.........

Ltrey33
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Running b/w PP.O and my TV in my room upstairs and the recliner and TV downstairs.

GemInI
05-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Go to a local place called, The Ale House. Those of you in FL know it probably pretty well. They show all the games and we have our own corner with a 42" HDTV + sound. Theres around 6-8 of us there every week watching the vikes.

Prophet
05-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Depends. Usually record the games when they are available and watch them later (this requires going into seclusion during and after the game...no Internet, no phone calls, no eye contact..., don't want to know the outcome prior to watching the game. I just can't stomach watching a 60 min. game in 3.5-4 hours so I prefer recording the game and FF through the commericals. It still takes me a few hours to watch the game, because I'll often look at certain plays from different perspectives to see how they pulled it off or to see what failed. If I'm working I listen to them on the Internet.

whackthepack
05-03-2006, 03:13 PM
How do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

With my eyes!

sunny
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
It depends on the month. Preseason I listen to it on the radio while out camping. First few weeks of the season I listen to them in the PU while out grouse hunting. First week of Nov. I listen to them while deer hunting. Late Nov. and Dec. I actualy get to watch them on TV. But the Best is in Jan(playoffs) and Feb(SuperBowl) I get to listen to them on the raidio while icefishing.

Maybe I need to be more dedicated - dose this mean I'm not a true fan? :roll:

PS: When they make it to the SuperBowl I will go to the bar and watch them :occasion5:

cajunvike
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Make it the Packer game again! :grin: I will do my best to be there as well... :lol:

mnjamie
05-03-2006, 03:30 PM
"Webby" wrote:

1700+ miles away and yet still another thing we have in common .... Marry Me ??? :lol:

I hop in the pool for awhile and right before the game I throw on my gear and watch the game with the woman and the pup on the Ticket. Usually have chili, wings, or a roast in the slow cooker that has been going all night. Fill up the cooler with beverages so I dont have to get up during the game and sit back on the lanai to watch the game.

NodakPaul
05-03-2006, 03:42 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

I live in Fairbanks, AK where apparently there is no longer a DirecTV service provider. There are two sports bars, one which sometimes doesn't show the Vikings games and another called the Goldrush that has all the games but is not ventilated well, so if you go plan on having an iron lung in a few years.

LOL. I feel you pain jk. I lived in Fairbanks for 3 years, and I used to hit the Goldrush all the time!

When I lived in IL, I used to listen to KFAN streamed over the web, and was pissed when they had to stop doing it!

I live in North Dakota now, but make the 4 hour drive every home game to watch the games in the 'dome.

leesburgvike
05-03-2006, 03:57 PM
When I was living back in VA would hang out at the local bar with a bunch of rowdy Vike fans, then wife talked me into getting Direct TV. Then relocated two years ago to Denver, then found out about a place called Pinkies, and hung out with John Newman and Company. Now since moving last year to Phoenix hang out in a place in Mesa call Four Peaks Brewery with a buch of great Vike fans there.

Mr. Purple
05-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I perfer to watch the games alone (unless I'm with a Viking Fan)...alot of profanities and yelling come outta this mouth.:)

LongtimeVikesfan
05-03-2006, 03:59 PM
We have the Northwest Vikings Fan Club at one of the local taverns here in Bremerton. We probably average around 25 fans. At the beginning of the season or when we are winning we have around 60-70 fans jammed in our side of the bar. The other side of the bar is full of Packer fans. It gets pretty fun especially with a Sunday or Monday night football game. The beer starts flowing, insults start flying. No fight (yet) but it gets intense; luckily there are a few sober fans to hold back the drunk fans….it’s a great time.

Our side of the bar is a Viking shrine, which the bar lets us decorate because of the business we bring in.

I will try and get some pictures and post a few.

VikesfaninWis
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
A group of us have Dish Network, and we get the NFL package every year.
We rotate watching the games at each of our houses.. There is about 15-20 of us that do this. It is alot of fun, and you get to watch the game with fellow Viking fans.. There is nothing better then that (other then being in Minnesota for a home game)..

nareg
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
i have nfl sunday ticket and ma frieds and i go and pla football then we come and watch!!!! ONLI vikings fan in ma group

Fedguy
05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, anything north of St. Paul we get stuck watching the game in the garage. Does not matter who's house it is. They could live in a mansion, and it's still in the garage.

miakurtzy07
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Last year I only got the Monday and Sunday night games and the Giants game. So this year I'm going to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

damien927
05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
SInce moving to WI a couple years ago, I knew I HAD to figure something out to watch the games. My wife (hardcore Vikings fan too) started going to this PLace in Madison called Damon's. IT worked really well and it was a nice place, but when you buy an app., lunch, and a few drinks for both of us and I was spending like $60-$70 every Game. So..... I got SUnday tick and all is well..... except for last season when I lost my satellite feed for ONLY the Giants/Vikings game. They said it was some kind of blackout loop-hole. SO I followed that on the internet.

ANyways..... I watch the games in shorts and one of my Jerseys with my wife who is wearing the same..... I spend half the game trying to get her to calm down..... we have neighbors you know!!

realmeandogg
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I watch in 57" of HDTV 1080i baby

SKOL
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

Why is it our European friends are the only ones that use this? I would never just resort to simply getting updates. If I remember right it's something like $3 per month and you can stream every game live.

My preferences are in order as follows:

1. Go to the game (You can't beat the atmosphere)
2. TV (I'd have Direct TV if I didn't live in the T.C. area)
3. www.streamtvnow.com
4. tavern
98. Radio
99. Just getting updates.

BadlandsVikings
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm too far away to go to the games so I have NFL sunday ticket on the DirectTV. If I didn't have that the only games I would see in my area are the stupid Deadskins.

Prophet
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Mr-holland" wrote:

Why is it our European friends are the only ones that use this?...

Probably because nobody knew about it. I'll definitely check it out next year.

cajunvike
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
"leesburgvike" wrote:

When I was living back in VA would hang out at the local bar with a bunch of rowdy Vike fans, then wife talked me into getting Direct TV. Then relocated two years ago to Denver, then found out about a place called Pinkies, and hung out with John Newman and Company. Now since moving last year to Phoenix hang out in a place in Mesa call Four Peaks Brewery with a buch of great Vike fans there.

Originally from Leesburg??? I live just off of Route 7 between Tyson's and Falls Church...give me a holla the next time you are in the area!

BirdHunter
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_Rq68w1hEqlAAlT2jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1264qoiho/EXP=1146754364/**http%3a//www.mpomerle.com/Auto/Pictures/Ed_Oneil.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DCPologirl
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I got to various sports bars throughout the city during the season...each bar has it's own little group of Vikings fans...it's great!

VKG4LFE
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Well living in sconny I don't get too many of the games so I watch the ones I can but I have my good ol' mom tape all the games for me and she sends them to me on Monday's. I get them usually by Wednesday or Thursday so I watch them then!

JDogg926
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I got DirecTV last year so I usually sit in my recliner and watch on my 32 inch TV, wearing a Vikings jersey. Maybe one day I'll have a big screen, but it's definitely big enough for right now.

Before last year, I'd go to BW3's most Sundays. Occasionally our local Fox game is the Vikings.

I went to one game last year, and you can't beat the atmosphere, I probably won't get to one this year, but maybe in 07. I might go to the Pittsburgh/Minnesota preseason game. I don't know if I can stomach all the Steelers fans though.

This year is going to be by the far the most interesting going into the season as far as not knowing where our team is.

You can be super optimistic based on some of our signings and say we're going to the superbowl, etc., or you can look at what we've lost over the last 2 years, and the fact that we have an entirely different coaching staff and say we're going to struggle until the organization settle in as a whole.

I don't know what to expect, I could see it going either way. If we do remain healthy, though, I expect our defense and our running game to be improved. And who knows, maybe Chester Taylor is the next Priest Holmes. And maybe Childress is the next Andy Reid, or Bill Cowher.

I'll be happy with the season if we make the playoffs.
I'll be very happy with the season if we win the division.
I'll be ecstatic if we make it to the conference championship.
I'll be overcome with joy if we make the superbowl.
I'm afraid what I'll do if we actually win the superbowl.
I'll be watching every game, even if we go 0-16.

mnjamie
05-03-2006, 05:17 PM
"realmeandogg" wrote:

I watch in 57" of HDTV 1080i baby

Toshiba ??? Cause those are the same specs and dimensions of mine with the NFL Ticket hooked up to it.

JDogg926
05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

I really can't afford NFL Sunday Ticket, so if the Vikings game isn't on regular TV, I go to the sports bar. (which I don't mind because the Vikings game is that important to me)

A friend of mine from high school, who is also a Viking fan ( and I don't have many friends, that are Viking fans), his family use to let me come over and watch the game. They have a really nice house and it always fun watching Vikings games over their. But now I live on campus and my friend is in Iraq, so I haven't been to their house in a while.

Discuss!

Just curious, how much do you spend at the sports bar on Sunday?

Also, do you have cable?

If you have cable, and you spend more than $20/wk at the bar, it might actually be much cheaper to switch to directv and get the ticket.

Personally, I can't go to the bar on Sunday w/o drinking a few tall drafts, and getting something to eat. Usually, at BW-3's I'd end up spending a good $30. I did a spreadsheet detailing how many Sunday's I'd likely have to go to the bar to watch the Vikings, how much money I was going to spend on cable anyways, etc. I estimated either 10 or 12 Sundays last year, and by switching from cable to directv, and avoiding the bar on Sunday, I ended up saving over $200 in the longrun. And that's, still with getting pizza and wings a few times at home, and still getting some beer for almost every game.

The way my ticket was set up, I paid it in 4 installments, while getting their most expansize channel option for free for 4 mos. Then, after that , I went back to basic, plus HBO, which is about the same as digital cable w/ HBO, but cheaper. It may sound like it's a lot when you see it's like $270, but they don't make you pay it all at once.

There was a bar I went to in Columbus, OH, though, while in college, that had Directv. They had 32 oz drafts for $2, free food, yes free food, all day Sunday. I went in there and spent $10 and got well fed, watched the game, and got a buzz. If you have something like that, then you're probably better off than the ticket.

cajunvike
05-03-2006, 05:41 PM
"ProjectViking" wrote:

Living in ireland i dont get 2 watch every viking game live, but i buy a dvd every week and watch teh games a week late, its better than nothing i suppose lol. At least we get a couple of monday nite games this year.

Where do you get the DVDs from and how much are they?

PurplePride80
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

Discuss!

Also, do you have cable?

If you have cable, and you spend more than $20/wk at the bar, it might actually be much cheaper to switch to directv and get the ticket.

Personally, I can't go to the bar on Sunday w/o drinking a few tall drafts, and getting something to eat. Usually, at BW-3's I'd end up spending a good $30. I did a spreadsheet detailing how many Sunday's I'd likely have to go to the bar to watch the Vikings, how much money I was going to spend on cable anyways, etc. I estimated either 10 or 12 Sundays last year, and by switching from cable to directv, and avoiding the bar on Sunday, I ended up saving over $200 in the longrun. And that's, still with getting pizza and wings a few times at home, and still getting some beer for almost every game.

The way my ticket was set up, I paid it in 4 installments, while getting their most expansize channel option for free for 4 mos. Then, after that , I went back to basic, plus HBO, which is about the same as digital cable w/ HBO, but cheaper. It may sound like it's a lot when you see it's like $270, but they don't make you pay it all at once.

There was a bar I went to in Columbus, OH, though, while in college, that had Directv. They had 32 oz drafts for $2, free food, yes free food, all day Sunday. I went in there and spent $10 and got well fed, watched the game, and got a buzz. If you have something like that, then you're probably better off than the ticket.

My roomates and I do have cable, but we don't have NFL Ticket, so I go to the sports bar every Sunday.

You probably assumed that I drink, but I don't, so I only spend 5 or 6 dollars every Sunday at the sports bar. I'll buy a soda and something to eat and I'm fine.

I've never had a taste for alcohol.

DCPologirl
05-03-2006, 06:10 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

Discuss!

Also, do you have cable?

My roomates and I do have cable, but we don't have NFL Ticket so I go to the sports bar every Sunday.

You probably assumed that I drink, but I don't, so I only spend 5 or 6 dollars every Sunday at the sports bar. I'll buy a soda and something to eat and I'm fine.

I've never had a test for alcohol.

I didn't you're a teenager!

PurplePride80
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

Discuss!

Also, do you have cable?

My roomates and I do have cable, but we don't have NFL Ticket so I go to the sports bar every Sunday.

Yeah, I'm a a teenager(19) so obviously they can't serve alcohol beverages to me at the sports bar.

But I have roomates that are over 21 years old, and they'll buy me alcohol if I wanted them to, but I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink every now and then, but I've never been drunk and never will be.

ultravikingfan
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I watch the games in my basement with my son. I record all the games on DVD and have my laptop in front of me also; for PP.O.

Benet
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

Yeah, I'm a a teenager(19) so obviously they can't serve alcohol beverages to me at the sports bar.

But I have roomates that are over 21 years old, and they'll buy me alcohol if I wanted them to, but I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink every now and then, but I've never been drunk and never will be.

You're missing out :wink:

Anyway, I'll probably be using the website Wes recommended (http://www.streamtvnow.com/), unless I've got my own place and blow £45 a month on the necessary satellite channels, and even then that's only for the nationally-televised games..

So yeah, StreamTV it is for me next season!

:grin:

PrImEtImESmooT21
05-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Well i live in MI and i usually get the Vikings games when Lions are not playing or if they are playing a AFC team on CBS so its not that bad. But when the games are not on tv i just log on to NFL.com and follow the game on there but hopefully when i save up some more money i plan to get NFl direct tv thing.

DCPologirl
05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

Discuss!

Also, do you have cable?

You are a very smart young man! Now I will be drinking at the Mobb Deep Concert

I'll be drinking this:

http://www.homegrocer.com/images/products/dos%20equis%20amber%20copy.jpg

vikesoto
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
"purplepride818" wrote:

i go to a bar right down the street. theres usually way more raiders fans than anybody else but we have a small crowd of loyal fans there every weekend. it got better halfway through last season when the raiders sucked so bad they quit going!

I watch all the Viking games with the Southern California Viking Club in Irvine , CA. We meet at Northwood Pizza. The place is open only to the Viking club during Viking games. Every game is on via direct tv, and there are raffles EVERY game for autographed footballs and mini-helmets signed by current and former Vikings.

If anyone in who lives in southern Cal is intrested, you should check it out. Beats the hell out of going to a sports bar and dealing with drunken' idiots!

www.scvc.com

The club is open to everyone, not just those who live in California..

We already bought tickets for the 49ers game...

http://www.scvc.com/pictures/pic1024-2.jpg

http://www.scvc.com/pictures/pic1024-1.jpg

http://www.scvc.com/pictures/pic1031-4.jpg

http://www.scvc.com/pictures/pic1031-6.jpg

DaunteHOF
05-03-2006, 11:03 PM
You can download them online illegally but its like 1gig a game and takes like 3hrs to dl, i havent seen any from online because they usually have the *bigger* teams online.

I go to hooters in Manhattan to watch the game, hot girls and food. Can order 1 meal and stay for 3hrs. Some other vike fans out there too, mostly Giants fans though.

Perch56
05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
whenever it is on tv, half the time they put shitty games on tv so i cant watch them

ultravikingfan
05-03-2006, 11:08 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

You can download them online illegally but its like 1gig a game and takes like 3hrs to dl, i havent seen any from online because they usually have the *bigger* teams online.

I go to hooters in Manhattan to watch the game, hot girls and food. Can order 1 meal and stay for 3hrs. Some other vike fans out there too, mostly Giants fans though.

No, not true.

They are heavily seeded the week or so after the game. Then after that the seeding rate (people who have the game) drops. Gotta get them right away.

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:39 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

We're thinking about the Chicago game... I'll let you guys know when we have a plan. :grin:

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:40 AM
"Webby" wrote:

:shock: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Cajun! Help!!!!!

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:41 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Will Cajun be there with his world famous gumbo?

WBLVikeBabe
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Before I met NeumDog it was in my living room, after I met Neumdog at the metrodome! Away games are at the purplepride theater at Webby's house.

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
"Redrouster" wrote:

I have to watch the Armed Forces Network to see the games. However, this is hit and miss because you do not know which games they are going to show until a 3 or 4 days before the weekend. Does anyone know any news about the NFL thinking about getting the games on the internet like college footbal does?

GO Vikes

I remember the days of listening to my Vikings on AFRTS (radio) while watching a radar scope in Iceland! Then years later, the magic of sat dish brought games both tape delayed and live while I was in the Philippines. Redrouster, be safe out there Bro! :usa2:

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:51 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

Make it the Packer game again! :grin: I will do my best to be there as well... :lol:

Ummmmmmm... that date is real close to my wedding anniversary... bad idea! Danger Will Robinson!!!! :pale:

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:53 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

1700+ miles away and yet still another thing we have in common .... Marry Me ??? :lol:

I hop in the pool for awhile and right before the game I throw on my gear and watch the game with the woman and the pup on the Ticket. Usually have chili, wings, or a roast in the slow cooker that has been going all night. Fill up the cooler with beverages so I dont have to get up during the game and sit back on the lanai to watch the game.

Aloha?

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 12:58 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"leesburgvike" wrote:

Originally from Leesburg??? I live just off of Route 7 between Tyson's and Falls Church...give me a holla the next time you are in the area!

Sheeeeesh Cajun! Today I was driving back to my hotel yakking at Mrs. PacNWVike on the cell and missed the turn from I-66 to 267!!! I must have driven near your home during my wandering past Vienna, 123, Spring Hill Rd, etc... See you tomorrow night when we go visit our fellow Vike! :cool:

triedandtruevikesfan
05-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Last year I spent the first half in Minnesota and the second half in Chicago. First week I got here we were on TV because we played against the Packers. I got to watch only a few games, but I would listen to the online stream from one of the KFAN affiliates and watch the play by play stuff online. I should be able to watch quite a few more games this year because the Bears/Vikings schedule is quite a bit different.

PacNWVike
05-04-2006, 01:03 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

"JDogg926" wrote:

Discuss!

Also, do you have cable?

You are a very smart young man! Now I will be drinking at the Mobb Deep Concert

I'll be drinking this:

http://www.homegrocer.com/images/products/dos%20equis%20amber%20copy.jpg

I was at Constitution Hall last night seeing INXS (great concert) and all they had was Heiniken...

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I NOW live in Idaho!! We have sunday ticket so i can still get the games!! Every morning (if it is a morning game) i walk downstairs with my Vikings jersey on (used to be Culpepper, then Burleson) and make Rasberry turnovers (turnovers are like fruit hotpockets) and get a glass a milk!! I am a little weird when it comes to watching the game so, everybody who watches the game (most of the time its me, my dad, and my mom) sit in the same spot all game long!!! AND if anyone moves or comes into the room they have to leave!!! Unless we are loosing then we try and mix it up to get the "fung shway" back in line!! I am a little superstitious!!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I watch it on the TV...with my eyes.

ChiTownVike
05-04-2006, 01:53 AM
"number34" wrote:

I watch it on the TV...with my eyes.

HAHA

You should go make a post in Free Beer and get what the name says..

I usually wake up at 9:45. Watch ESPN pregame until 11:00. Watch FOx pregame until gametime. Order a pizza halfway into the first quarter. AND PIG OUT (that is the only time I drink non diet soda and eat pizza)

midgensa
05-04-2006, 01:58 AM
This upcoming year I plan on watching every game at Stars and Stripes ... the Vikings bar here in D.C.

vikes4lyfe
05-04-2006, 02:11 AM
I usually wake up at 10 and watch ESPN pregame and then watch FOX pregame until gametime.

D-Sharp
05-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Where's Stars and Stripes?

Potus2028
05-04-2006, 02:50 AM
psh, i sit on my couch, in the same spot, wearing the same clothes...

and eat lunch during half time..

same plan for three seasons now

Purple Floyd
05-04-2006, 03:39 AM
This year should be fun. We are remodeling the basement and are putting in a home theater that will include a projector throwing the HDTV images from Sunday Ticket to a 92 inch diagonal screen and the sound coming from a 670 watt yamaha surround sound system and I am putting in a bar that will be aimed right at the screen.

Now all I have to do is see if anyone has a filter that can block out Maddens fat butt from the screen. I don't think I could handle that lol.

Warp
05-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Wake up. Watch Espn. Watch Vikes game as well as others. Go to bed. :grin: Guess thats it on sundays :lol:

Vikefanman2000
05-04-2006, 03:47 AM
Being stuck in California, the DIRECTV football package is a given. I also go to any games on the West Coast, including Seattle, Arizona, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco.... I also fly out to Minnesota every couple of years to catch a home game in person....

petrodemos
05-04-2006, 03:51 AM
beer before, beer during and and more beer after.

douginc
05-04-2006, 03:57 AM
I always try to sleep in on Sundays (never works), hoping to wake up right at 11:59 a.m. so I can miss out on the stupidest time for television, which is the football pre-game commentators. I'm sure we all have our least favorite idiots (I give the nod to Terry Bradshaw). Then it's get all my friends together and watch the game at my place and throw **** when anger occurs (which is inevitable when you're a Vikes fan).