08-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Heres the details.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/4904146.html

vikingsalltheway
08-11-2004, 11:39 AM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

Heres the details.

Bennett sounds pissed in this article. I would be too if i was taunted after a heartbreaking loss.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 11:44 AM
That, so called, article is laughable. I can't believe the depth these guys will go to humiliate themselves to the press and now before the country. I am especially surprised by Michael Bennett whom I thought was a bright guy.

Calling someone out before a game is never a good idea.

Listen you Vikings fans try to show some class. You lost 18-17! The Vikings players (or as you refer to them) YOU lost. You were not prepared or the Cardinals wouldn't even been in the game.

You all have a losers mentality, I am sorry, I thought some of it was just humor but, you people are really really diseased with that loss.

I tell you what the Vikes better learn to shake it off and learn how to prepare for a Professional Football game and cut out all of the WWF crap or the Vikings will disappoint you this year again.

I blame Mike Tice for this directly, he has not control of himself or his team. When things are going his way, it's all good. When they're not he resorts to letting his team behave like monkeys.

The Vikings need a leader at coach, this has never been so apparent. God, I yearn for the days of Bud Grant. What ever happened to class in Minnesota? What ever happened to humility in sport? Other teams, coaches, and players in the NFL still have it.

I really thought the Vikings were going in the right direction this year but, unless they shake this, The Vikings will be no better than 6-10!

Prepare yourselves for that! What a damn shame.

vikingsalltheway
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Dude a typical fudgepacker fan talking garbage. The Pack is on the decline while the vikes are going in the right direction. You lost to AZ too by a score of 20-13. Packer fans have the brains the size of a pea it seems.

dstroyr666
08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Texpak, you talk about class? The biggest lack of class I've seen in a long time was the Packers bringing in the Cardinals receiver and giving him the key to the city, basically kissing his butt for letting them slide in the backdoor again. Sure the Viking lost I can accept that but the Packers bringing in another teams receiver? Makes me ashamed to live in Wisconsin! I for one hope the Vikings remember the Packers and the Cardinals for last years butt kissing and a last second miracle.

dstroyr666

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 12:23 PM
How does that show a lack of class??? After reading that article I am all the more excited. Our players are PISSED!! That shows that they care about THIS team and that they have HEART! Bennett stating that he wants to play the whole game of a preseason game is awesome!! Most preseason games don't matter at all... this one is definately going to! The players are going to come out READY to win and I believe that they are going to do everything to get the W. As for GB... they're pissed at them too!! This is definately going to be an interesting season!!!

ItalianStallion
08-11-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm glad their pissed, I would be too. Hell I am. I would be happy putting all of their starters out for the season. Playing football angry is a good thing, so long as you don't take penalties.

TexPack your a retard, 'nuff said. You are a joke, and the worst poster on this board since those losers came for 10 seconds after the arizona loss.
No one give a crap about anything you claim or say. You should stop worrying about what we have to say about our team, and start worrying about how the Packers are going to scrape together their 6-10 record this year.

Jer
08-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Bringing in Poole was all about celebrating the playoffs. We got in. You guys would have done the same thing too. Getting pumped for this one pre-season game reminds me of last year. You guys were all about the Packers. You got your one win against us after preparing the whole offseason. You will probably have a great game against the Cards, but the wasted energy is not worth it. It would have been better for these two teams to duke it out in the regular season-in Az. or Minn.

We lost in week 3! You guys lost when the playoffs were at stake. The fans say Super Bowl while the team says Cardinals when both should be hoping to get into the playoffs FIRST. We won 10 games last year and we did not just back into the playoffs. We played the whole season and you guys were mentally weak ever since you lost to the Giants. You ended 3-7, we ended 7-3!

Chargers, Raiders, Cardinals, Giants. No playoff team loses to the top 4 teams in the draft.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 12:52 PM
"The fans say Super Bowl while the team says Cardinals when both should be hoping to get into the playoffs FIRST."

Well what do you know... an intelligent sentence by a cheesehead! I will agree with you on that. But you know what. The team also needs to focus on one game at a time! You can't play a season focusing only on the playoffs, you need to focus on each individual game in order to make the play offs. As an optimistic fan... I am shouting Super Bowl this year. However, thats not just this year... its every year! As for last year... well thats just it... its LAST YEAR... I'm no longer focusing on how well we didn't do! If it helps give our guys a little more motivation in a couple of games well thats wonderful! But other then that you can't dwell on the past as much as I know you packer backers love to do! We can talk all the smack in the world, but when it comes down to it the season needs to play itself out... We'll see what happens come the end of the regular season!

ItalianStallion
08-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey Jer how can you say you played the whole season and yet lost to the cardinals in week three in the same paragraph? You guys sucked at the start, we sucked at the end. One play is what seperated us, don't act you were ultra consistent. WE started 6-0, you started 3-3. A win or loss has the same intrinsisc value whether or not it is in week one or week seventeen.

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Tex, you know....on second thought. Do you all remember that kid who would mouth off to the older kids. Get his a$$ kicked, cry and apologize, then as soon as the older kid was 10 feet away would yell out "Jerk" and run.

I know TexPack was one of those kids.

What a joke.!!

rjkvikings
08-11-2004, 01:30 PM
"Jer" wrote:

Bringing in Poole was all about celebrating the playoffs. We got in. You guys would have done the same thing too.

Since when do teams celebrate making the playoffs by bringing in a player from another team :?: The Vikings never would have done that, and if they did I would be ashamed :!: It's ok to celebrate, but they shouldn't have brought in Poole. That's going too far.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Responses to the galactically stupid:

It is obvious that the Packers lost to Arizona in week 3. What is the point in restating the obvious?
The Packers lost a game they should have won and moved on. It has happened before and will happen again.

What possible affect could bringing Poole in for the playoffs have on the Vikings? Their season had already ended. I think it would be a different matter if it happened midseason. I think its a reach to say bringing Poole in was rubbing salt in anyones wound. If it does, on behalf of all Packers fans everywhere I appologize. I think you are being petty. If you are ashamed to live in Wisconsin then move. I am quite sure you wouldn't be missed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Itallion you won't even state your name for the record so we can check the roster at Calgary. I know you don't play any ball there come clean. All of your anger would get you put on your back time and time again if you came within 3 feet of me or anyone else who played D1 ball. Save you heroics for the bar on Saturday night. I'm sure French Canada is proud to have a chef like you serving up warm, hot, bullshit! I would humiliate you except you do it better yourself. Stay in school, you have a lot to learn BOY.

BigHogDopey - "JERK!" :bootyshake:

vikingsalltheway
08-11-2004, 01:54 PM
I think the vikings should do that though thats if we get in. To me a big game is going to philly, ill be there and those obnoxious bird brains better stay away from me lol! Vikings play like shit on the road it seems and this is the place to show what we are all about. National television spotlight, Moss vs T.O., Culpepper vs Mcnabb. I really think we have a chance if Culpepper can hang onto the ball and Moss lights up their two corners who i think aren't that good. If we can play good defense on T.O. i think we have a chance.

NeoVikesTX
08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Let's look at the mighty Packers schedule last season.

2 wins against Playoff teams: Seattle
Denver ( reserves playing )

8 wins against Non-Playoff teams: Detroit
Chicago ( twice )
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
San Diego
Oakland
Minnesota

3 Losses against playoff teams: Kansas City
St. Louis
Philadelphia

3 Losses against non-playoff teams: Minnesota
Arizona
Detroit

My point? Packers weren't as good as their record indicates. They had 8 wins against non-playoff teams. The only 2 wins I give them credit for is Seattle and Minnesota.

On the other hand, if the Vikes had beaten up on the weaker opponents last season, we would have been in the playoffs easily. You have to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

Yet, I also feel you have to be able to elevate your game against the stronger opponents. The Vikes seem to handle that ok. The Packers seem to faulter against teams of higher caliber. Remember the Seattle playoff game? Remember Matt Hasselbeck tearing your D to shreads to send the game to OT? Remember the 4th and 26 miracle in Philly?

Bottom Line: Packers barely deserved to be in the playoffs, and definitely did not deserve to move on.

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 02:07 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

BigHogDopey - "JERK!" :bootyshake:

Thank you for proving my point !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

shockzilla
08-11-2004, 02:08 PM
You know, TEX, reading your replies in here shows how intelligent and yet how stupid you are. Bringing in Poole for the playoffs definitely WAS a bush-league move, and only your team would have the gall to do it. Just remember your comments when our Purple Pounds the Pack into the Lambeau turf and when Favre gets harassed into 4 INT's (Philly Cheese, anyone?) at the Metrodome. Your squad's defense has more holes than swiss cheese (I know, ha ha, very funny play on words - I'm surprised you got that one), and they'll be struggling to stay below .500 come December.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 02:14 PM
O.K. NeoTx, your point must be then that no teams should have represented the NFC North last year?

I don't think any Packers fan has posted here stating we were satisfied with our team last year. The Packers don't just shoot off their mouths every year talking about this year we're going to the superbowl, blah,blah.

I go to their websites too! The Packers have real concerns about their team this year. I never see anyone here acknowledge the weaknesses of the Vikings. There are many. If a person states anything but, We're #1 drivel they get blasted.

I don't call that football talk. No wonder the Dallas media has such a great time exploiting the rants of people such as "Paul the Damn Viking". They don't do that to any other teams fans. No other team has such moronic people that year in and year out get drummed, sent back home, and laughed at each year. The joke is on you!

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 02:18 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

O.K. NeoTx, your point must be then that no teams should have represented the NFC North last year?

I don't think any Packers fan has posted here stating we were satisfied with our team last year. The Packers don't just shoot off their mouths every year talking about this year we're going to the superbowl, blah,blah.

Uh yeah they do. Over and over and over. Every year. "were on a superbowl run. we got brett no one can beat us"

"TEXPACK" wrote:

I go to their websites too! The Packers have real concerns about their team this year. I never see anyone here acknowledge the weaknesses of the Vikings. There are many. If a person states anything but, We're #1 drivel they get blasted.

what sites? the ones I go to they all say how they are going to the bowl and no one disagrees. Give us a link troll.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm a troll here?

That's the difference in Packers and Vikings fans. I guarantee if you posted intelligent criticisms of the Packers sites you would be shocked to find that the Packers fans won't blast you.

P.S. I see a lot more Vikings fans actively posting on Packers sites than the 3-4 whom post here. You are wrong. Why would you need links if you already go?

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Leave it to the Packers fans to make it all about them... I thought we were talking about AZ here!!!

whackthepack
08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
[quote="TEXPACK"]

I blame Mike Tice for this directly, he has not control of himself or his team. When things are going his way, it's all good. When they're not he resorts to letting his team behave like monkeys.

The Vikings need a leader at coach, this has never been so apparent. God, I yearn for the days of Bud Grant. What ever happened to class in Minnesota? What ever happened to humility in sport? Other teams, coaches, and players in the NFL still have it.

I really thought the Vikings were going in the right direction this year but, unless they shake this, The Vikings will be no better than 6-10!

How suprising that you blame Tice, about 20 times in the last month you have blamed him for every-thing that happens in Minnesota, except for the sun rising in the East.

I think you are affraid Texpack, you know that the Viking will win the division and we will sweep your poor little packer as*es and you can't stand it can you! :cry:

one example: You blamed the way Tice runs his practice for all the Vikings injuries, but I think the pack has about ten more players on the injury list than the Vikes, does that mean that Sherman is a bad coach because of the way he runs his practices. "like a neanderthal"?

Secretly I think you want Tice as Greenbay's head coach, you are pissed that we have him! I think you see the writing on the wall, the next few years the Vikes dominate and the cheese fades into mediocrity.
:bootyshake: :lol: :thumbright: :thumbleft:

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 02:35 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

I'm a troll here?

That's the difference in Packers and Vikings fans. I guarantee if you posted intelligent criticisms of the Packers sites you would be shocked to find that the Packers fans won't blast you.

P.S. I see a lot more Vikings fans actively posting on Packers sites than the 3-4 whom post here. You are wrong. Why would you need links if you already go?

Yes you are. I do get blasted. I do go and like i said they are all optomistic about another bowl run. so give us a link troll.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 02:37 PM
It's all about you TNT! How bout them Cards. :notworthy:

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Well yeah of course its all about me!!! lol... no seriously though... I do believe that every topic lately has come around to discussing GB... I'm sick of hearing about them... I just wanna talk PURPLE!!!

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

It's all about you TNT! How bout them Cards. :notworthy:

that's right duck the issue again. Cummon troll. where's the link's?

Back up your smak.

But you don't have no basis for it. your just barfing up crap as you make it up. Former player. you couldn't play with yourself!!

vikings_fan66
08-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Tex I cant beleive you think the vikes will go 6-10 thats just plain ignorant. Theres no way that would happen. Just because you dont like a team dosent mean they lose.

I dont like Green Bay but there still a good team. They will still have a good record and more than likely make the playoffs. I hope they wont but they probably will.

But you would have to know nothing about football to claim the Vikings would go 6-10 at the very least they will have a winning record.

At this point I would say the Vikings and Packers are heading in 2 oppisite directions.Were continually improving while the Pack is on a slow decline.

You got to remember you cant stay on top forever everything goes in cycles. Sometimes your on top and other years your not.

Its that simple just look at history theres many years the Packers stunk. And theres also Many years the Vikings stunk. Anything can change in the course of a year.

Go Vikings!!!!

VikingsTw
08-11-2004, 03:04 PM
This is really getting rediculous, Texpack your post are horrible everytime i read some of your shit i just keep saying to myself, "god hes gonna look stupid at the end of the year"

I'm with TNT all the way on this, not to dogg the person who started this discussion (it was a good article) but seriously that stuff happened last year lets worry about whats gonna happen this year like whos gonne get the #5 WR job or is nattiel or Thomas gonna start i hate all this bullshit arguing with this tex pack guy. I dont think i have posted one response to the guy since hes been on here, just ignore the fool, hes just a shit talker and will have a hard time backing it up this year. Hes getting in your heads and he loves all this attention he gets, its obvious he doesnt know much about football i dont care if he plays D1 or whatever, he knows nothing, he only knows what hes been brain washed to do hate the vikings.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Alright so in the sport of bringing this back to topic... give me some predictions on what you think the score of the MN/AZ game will be!

I'm gonna say 28-10

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 03:18 PM
preseason. the first quarter counts after that who cares

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
grrrr... bigdog sometimes you're just as frustrating as a packer fan!!! ;) I know it doesn't count, but its gonna be a good game I believe...

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
http://www.greenbaynewschron.com/packers/
www.packerchatters.com

You should learn some respect Dog. Ask me a little more politely next time.

Vike-66,

If you read my post I don't deny that it is possible that Green Bay and Minnesota are heading in opposite directions. Also, it should of been clear to the discerning reader that 6-10 was put out there to illustrate where the Vikings could easily wind up if they lose focus of the, "task at hand". Beating the Cardinals in a preseason game should be low priority to a true playoff contender. Unless, of course they really don't feel they are that good.

That's just what the Vikings need to get all jacked up in August, lose a few starters, and saying once again, what if? I know it has been a long time since the Vikings have won anything significant. Don't show your desperation on your sleaves. Why would you want to motivate/taunt a Denny Green led team to come out and be anything but, complacent? It just doesn't make good football sense.

BigDog-- anytime you wish compete with me in any sport, just ask. But, do it politely. Otherwise, eat another pork rind, drink another beer, and "suffer in silence." The questions about my play are at Avenue South in Minneapolis. Read a book you idleheaded grievence collector.

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

www.packerchatters.com

Vike-66,

If you read my post I don't deny that it is possible that Green Bay and Minnesota are heading in opposite directions. Also, it should of been clear to the discerning reader that 6-10 was put out there to illustrate where the Vikings could easily wind up if they lose focus of the, "task at hand". Beating the Cardinals in a preseason game should be low priority to a true playoff contender. Unless, of course they really don't feel they are that good.

That's just what the Vikings need to get all jacked up in August, lose a few starters, and saying once again, what if? I know it has been a long time since the Vikings have won anything significant. Don't show your desperation on your sleaves. Why would you want to motivate/taunt a Denny Green led team to come out and be anything but, complacent? It just doesn't make good football sense.

BigDog-- anytime you wish compete with me in any sport, just ask. But, do it politely. Otherwise, eat another pork rind, drink another beer, and "suffer in silence." The questions about my play are at Avenue South in Minneapolis. Read a book you idleheaded grievence collector.

I like how when you get angry you have to challenge everybody to something, like sports or meeting face to face and settling it like men. That is the most imature thing I have ever heard! That sounds more like a 7th grade response to me. We are on here talking football and could care less if you are some big guy or if you played football. Guess what, there are other guys out there like you, but they don't talk about it because it isn't a big deal.

Maybe try talking football on here without threatening others just because you get mad. I am on packerchatters all the time and am very respected(ask LA). I never challenge them at sports or meeting man to man, when we disagree on something or when they mistreat me. Grow up!

If you talk football(not your football career) like a big boy and leave all the other stuff out of it, you will find that you will be treated with respect, like LA is around here.

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Now back to the original thread, if anyone remembers what it was: I think it is pretty dumb. This arizona game is a preseason game! We don't need anyone playing to long and getting hurt, just because we are mad at them for last year. We as vikes fans, keep telling packers fans that last year was last year, and that we only care about this year, well then the players should do the same. Who cares about last year. We have a totally different team, as do they and every NFL team. What ahppened last year means squat right now.

I can just see someone getting hurt because they are making too much of a deal out of a stupid preseason game.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Congrats, MuchLuv you just repeated everything I said.

I went to a Packers site and lo and behold they were talking about this yesterday. Here are the excerpts.

Author: ArizonaPackerFan (---.240.135.76.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: 08-11-04 05:01

The Vikings play the Cardinals this week in preseason, and the Vikings are making a big stink of it because the Cardinals knocked them out of the playoffs last year. They should put more energy in games that mean something instead of getting rapped up in a meaningless preseason game. Below is the article in case you missed it the other week.

Vikings: Loss to Cardinals still lingers
Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
July 31, 2004 VIKE0731

MANKATO, MINN. -- It was, as one player described it, like getting the wind knocked out of you ... for seven months. Through the winter, spring and early summer, they all experienced that constant struggle to force air into their heaving lungs.
When we last left our Vikings heroes, they were trudging off the worn grass of Sun Devil Stadium, the shock of their 18-17 loss to Arizona leaving them gasping for a figurative breath. The jolt of their exclusion from the playoffs lasted for an entire offseason.
So as they reported Friday for training camp on the grounds of Minnesota State, Mankato -- Randy Moss in a Lamborghini, Daunte Culpepper in a Ferrari and Brock Lesnar with WWE diva Sable on his arm -- the Vikings had one thought on their mind:
Reclaiming what they left in Arizona, namely the NFC North championship.
"I've always found that over the years, wins take care of everything," owner Red McCombs said. "But we're going to have to win a few before I wash my mouth of all the garbage from that game."
The Vikings, of course, were primed for a division championship before Nate Poole's game-winning touchdown reception lifted the Cardinals to victory and sent the Vikings hurtling into the offseason. While most Vikings players and coaches have Super Bowl XXXIX on their minds, they recognize the first step toward that goal is putting the Arizona loss behind them.
That process will begin today at 8:45 a.m., when coach Mike Tice blows the inaugural whistle of training camp.
"We were a good football team when we lost to Arizona," Tice said, "and our guys should be fired up about that. ... The sting is still there, and it should be. It's going to be there when we practice, and in the game, too."
Yes, NFL schedule-makers found a way to squeeze every drop of drama from the game, pitting the Vikings and Cardinals in the preseason opener Aug. 14 at the Metrodome. While the matchups in such contests rarely draw more than a yawn from players, coaches or fans, the Vikings are placing a highly competitive and emotional emphasis on that game -- one they say will drive them through every training camp practice between now and then.
"I want to kick the crap out of them," running back Michael Bennett said. "I really want to beat them bad, and I'm hoping coach Tice leaves the starters in all four quarters so we can do it ourselves. And even though we don't play them in the regular season, I'm hoping we get them in the playoffs. Hopefully our record will be good enough to get them up to the Metrodome, and then I hope we beat them again.
"It's at the point where, every time I see a Cardinals sign somewhere, I get offended."
It has gotten personal for some Vikings players, who were taunted by Cardinals players in the game's aftermath. And don't forget Poole himself, who was a guest of the Green Bay Packers the following week at Lambeau Field.
"Hyped is not the word for how I'm going to be for that game," defensive lineman Chris Hovan said. "I'm going to be ticked off. The way [the Cardinals] handled themselves after that game really ticked me off. And then flying [Poole] up to Green Bay -- I'm not to happy with Green Bay, either -- to celebrate us getting knocked out of the playoffs. That didn't sit too well with me.
"Whatever playing time I get in that game, I'm going to make it worth my while. I've never had a feeling like I had after last year's game, and I never want it again."

Post Edited (08-11-04 05:03)

Reply To This Message

Re: Hovan upset at Packers again. Boo Hoo!
Author: DukePack (---.dom.duhs.duke.edu)
Date: 08-11-04 06:57

Hmmmm....Hovan can act like an ass whenever he wants, but when some one else does it he acts like a child. Bummer dude.
DP

Reply To This Message

Author: boulder pack (---.smmdirect.com)
Date: 08-11-04 08:43

Hovan is an idiot, and yes, that is an understatement. In regards to Green Bay flying Poole up to Green Bay, he said "I'm not to happy with Green Bay, either -- to celebrate us getting knocked out of the playoffs. That didn't sit too well with me." The Packers weren't actually celebrating the Vikings getting kicked out, but were celebrating the Pack getting into the playoffs. That is like saying that he is mad at a lottery winner because the winner is celebrating evryone else not winning.

Reply To This Message

Author: digsthepack (69.54.47.---)
Date: 08-11-04 08:47

Well, maybe if Hovan directs some of his energy spent at Champ's sports bar swilling beer with his lackies (dude has a posse!), maybe he can someday aspire to be a journeyman d-lineman.

This guy is a complete, no-talent moron. Has no game so he just talks ****. Nothing like glomming on to a superstar such as Favre to gleen a little spotlight!

Reply To This Message

Author: packedhouse (---.114.242.109.fdl.wi.charter.com)
Date: 08-11-04 10:43

I don't care about the Vikings, but I do know this, when you focus on the wrong stuff you don't get better. Last year the Viking focused their whole preseason on beating the Packers in that first game and they did. Emotion is a hell of tool, but it's temporary. For that game they were fabulous and we were emotionalless. But I don't mind them wanting to take out their aggression in a pre-season meaningless game. I think that benefits the Packers.

Reply To This Message

Author: JQ (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: 08-11-04 10:55

Leave it to the viqueens to place all this emphasis on winning a meaningless exhibition. Even tice is swept up in it. (yawn)

jq # :- )

Reply To This Message

Author: Big O (---.mn.client2.attbi.com)
Date: 08-11-04 11:00

What fools. I hope Tice has enough sense to let them know it. Being charged up is not a bad thing, since our 4th and long had a similar effect. But recall that Sherman said "we learned from those mistakes, and that was last year, so we are moving on now. " A difference in attitude!

So many lakes to fish - so little time.

Reply To This Message

Author: chickpackfan (---.69-11.unk.tds.net)
Date: 08-11-04 13:00

Pardon my french but what a bunch of lame assess. I too hope Tice keeps the starters in all four quarters of the game so they all get injured and tired and the vikings never really evaluate the potential new talent that they have.

That is part of the Viks biggest problem, they are all emotion, never rational and it ends up hurting them in the end. You can play on emotion alone and obviously Tice can't motivate his players with anything else than there own humilation.

And who do these players think they are - that another team shouldn't celebrate their own victory in front of them. Isn't that like asking the Red Sox players not to be overjoyed when the spank the Yankees?

I think Michael Bennett as a local boy and former Badger but he has to grow up and realize that saying things like this in the media is going to only fuel the fires for this to happen again and again.

Go for it Viks, beat up on the Cards in a pre-season game, make it personal and let's see what happens. Spend all your energy on a unimportant pre-season game so towards the end of the season when things really matter you will all be exhausted. Sounds great to me.

whackthepack
08-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Gee Texpack we really care what a bunch of packer rubes think about or preseason game (oh no not that).

Why don't you go hang out with them, you would fit right in.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Alright... because that chicks statement at the end pissed me off I'm gonna respond to it! Here's the way I see... granted its an exhibition game... we all know that and we all know that it doesn't count! Preseason is to help the coaches pick who should and shouldn't make the team! HOWEVER!! I see no harm in the players wanting revenge. Tice is not stupid enough to keep the starters in all 4 quarters and risk injury for a meaningless game. I personally would be a little worried if this game meant nothing to them after the way last season ended.

As far as Poole getting the key to the city of GB... yeah I think they took that way too far. Sure celebrate going to the play offs all you want. I can guarantee you I would be celebrating if the Vikes had made it! However, isn't it a little sad that the player that handed you the playoff birth got the key to the city and not one of the teams own players?

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

www.packerchatters.com

Vike-66,

Those are links to websites not specific threads. I belong to packerchatters and they are all extremely optomistic. particularly the main person there patty.

So once again, never polite to a troll in a fantasy land. Give us a link. Retard. I never contented to be an athlete so take your 3rd grade "bring it on" and get lost. Once again I see that you are like the little bastard who right after getting his a$$ kicked gets up and yells "Jerk" as he runs away. Have a take. Back it up with something besides inane ramblings. Then post it.

Keep your pork rinds and beer. I don't like 'em and I don't drink. Now if you had said moonpie, I might of went for it, but you rednecks would never give up one of those. :king:

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 04:42 PM
And where did you graduate college from Dog?

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

typical, I bet your a liberal too.

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Who cares!!! This is a site for talking football, if you don't wanna talk football, then go somewhere else. And we don't need to hear, "he started it". Who cares move on and talk football!

You are on a vikings website, meaning you are gonna get no respect from vikes fans, until you show you deserve it, like LA did. I wouldn't be suprised if LA had some vikes fans attacking him when he first came on here, just because he was a packers fan and had different opinions than we did. The difference in LA and you, is that he continued to respect us at those times, and eventually earned our respect.

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Liberal in what sense?

I was talking football. Hey look everybody at "Buttmunch4Moss" and "BigHogDummy" having the time of their lives in that Avatar.

You two should join the Cleveland Browns! haha

VikesFan4Life
08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Does anybody really care what this guy has to say?

NO!

By the way, TEXPACK, you spend an awful lot of time posting on this site.
Are you sure you're a Packer fan? :scratch: :?:

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 05:50 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Liberal in what sense?

That response confirmed it.

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 06:00 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

grrrr... bigdog sometimes you're just as frustrating as a packer fan!!! ;) I know it doesn't count, but its gonna be a good game I believe...

Sorry sweet-cheeks I started the day grumpy. I may be frustrating, but I'm rarely wrong!!! :salute:

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 06:00 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Liberal in what sense?

I was talking football. Hey look everybody at "Buttmunch4Moss" and "BigHogDummy" having the time of their lives in that Avatar.

I am guessing 13 years old?

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 06:03 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:

Liberal in what sense?

Oh no he's a former collegate Div 1 Football star..... In his world.

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 06:05 PM
"bigdogbovy" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:

Liberal in what sense?

Yeah, I hear a lot of college grads using the words buttmunch and dummy all the time.

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 07:11 PM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"bigdogbovy" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"TEXPACK" wrote:

Liberal in what sense?

I love it!!! :salute: :salute: Even my packer fan friend thought that was great

Yeah, I hear a lot of college grads using the words buttmunch and dummy all the time.

superior230bartime
08-11-2004, 08:04 PM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

"Jer" wrote:

Bringing in Poole was all about celebrating the playoffs. We got in. You guys would have done the same thing too.

Since when do teams celebrate making the playoffs by bringing in a player from another team :?: The Vikings never would have done that, and if they did I would be ashamed :!: It's ok to celebrate, but they shouldn't have brought in Poole. That's going too far.

The bringing in of Poole had absolutely no connection to the Packers. The team, players, officials, etc. had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was done by the mayor of Green Bay and some fans so quit your whining.

bigdogbovy
08-11-2004, 08:20 PM
"superior230bartime" wrote:

"rjkvikings" wrote:

"Jer" wrote:

The bringing in of Poole had absolutely no connection to the Packers. The team, players, officials, etc. had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was done by the mayor of Green Bay and some fans so quit your whining.

regardless of who did it. It had no class.

TEXPACK
08-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Now what happens if the Vikings lose on Saturday?
Wouldn't that be an interesting twist.:scratch:

I know,
"the game didn't matter".
"Our best players didn't play". (of course you can say that any week with Moss as team leader)
"It's just preseason".
"we were being charitable to Denny"
the list goes on......

Sunday could be a great day. I may have to skip church. :idea:

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 01:22 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Now what happens if the Vikings lose on Saturday?
Wouldn't that be an interesting twist.:scratch:

I know,
"the game didn't matter".
"Our best players didn't play". (of course you can say that any week with Moss as team leader)
"It's just preseason".
"we were being charitable to Denny"
the list goes on......

Sunday could be a great day. I may have to skip church. :idea:

I already stated that the game doesn't matter just the first quarter or first few possessions, as long as the first squads are in. Denny Green used to put a big emphasis on winning in the preseason, and it was a joke. Use the preseason to develop the guys you want for your team. what's the score after 1st quarter? that's what I want to know.

TEXPACK
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
3-3 with 10 penalties.

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 02:34 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

3-3 with 10 penalties.

Dude you have way too much time on your hands. you've been here half as long as I have but already have more posts.

GET A LIFE

triedandtruevikesfan
08-12-2004, 02:38 PM
well if we lose... then we lose... I'll just be thankful that it doesn't count!!! The first quarter is going to be what counts, after that I'm looking forward to seeing some of our rookies in action!

NeoVikesTX
08-12-2004, 02:52 PM
It's preseason everyone. No one will remember or care about the preseason records, stats, etc once opening day comes around.

What people will remember will be an injury that occurred due to a preseason game. Do you think Falcons fans remember Vick being injured? Yep. Do you think they remember the preseason record? Nope. I don't even remember what the Vikings preseason record was last season.

I will be happy as long as everyone stays healthy and we get a good look at the young talent we have.

vikefan in WI
08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah, going undefeated in the pre-season would be nice but not at the expense of losing any players to injury. If we go 0-4 through pre-season and then kick butt in the regular season that is just fine with me.

ItalianStallion
08-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Tex-Pack you are a hypocrite plain and simple.

You claim we dwell on Arizona, according to Los The Packers are just as bad if not worse on dwelling on the Eagles (at Packerchatters.com)

You claim everyone at this site is blind and we don't acknowledge our team weakness'? There are many thread strictly dedicated to our lack of depth and experience at positions like LB, DE, etc. Many discussion on whether Robinson will pan out, whether E.J. will be any good. We all realize that there is very little starting experience at LB. We realize Claiborne is an injury risk. We are often skeptical of Culpepper and bennett despite being pro-bowl players. We worry about a replacement for Dixon and how effective Wiggins will be in our offense. We worry about hovan's contract after this year, we worry about whether or not Russell and/ Chavous are one season wonders.

The only thind we are sure about is that Moss will have another great season, so don't come on here claim the crap you do when you don't back it up.

For the record my name is James Nason (not that anyone but you seems to care), I redshirted for the Dinos last season and look to fight for a starting position this year. I probably wasn't as good as you WERE, if you are who you claim to be. But I do understand how football works. I am not french Canadian and if you knew anything about canada, you would know that there are not many in Alberta.

Do us all a favour and take your 30 year old washed up self and go back to packerchatters, which according to you is much better than here.
I still get a kick out of a guy who calls people out on their education constantly yet has a degree in agricultural education, gimme a break. What is that teaching people how to plant seeds?

Everything you are critical of other people for, you are just a guilty as them. So please do us all a favor and shut up. Hell at least people like Barfly, who are annoying as hell usually say something that makes sense. Most packer fans come on here to complain about how we view our team and its chances but you seem to come on for no apparent reason other than to proclaim how great the packers, and you, are.

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 03:27 PM
texpack what is your name on packerchatters?

TEXPACK
08-12-2004, 06:59 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Tex-Pack you are a hypocrite plain and simple.

You claim we dwell on Arizona, according to Los The Packers are just as bad if not worse on dwelling on the Eagles (at Packerchatters.com)

You claim everyone at this site is blind and we don't acknowledge our team weakness'? There are many thread strictly dedicated to our lack of depth and experience at positions like LB, DE, etc. Many discussion on whether Robinson will pan out, whether E.J. will be any good. We all realize that there is very little starting experience at LB. We realize Claiborne is an injury risk. We are often skeptical of Culpepper and bennett despite being pro-bowl players. We worry about a replacement for Dixon and how effective Wiggins will be in our offense. We worry about hovan's contract after this year, we worry about whether or not Russell and/ Chavous are one season wonders.

The only thind we are sure about is that Moss will have another great season, so don't come on here claim the crap you do when you don't back it up.

For the record my name is James Nason (not that anyone but you seems to care), I redshirted for the Dinos last season and look to fight for a starting position this year. I probably wasn't as good as you WERE, if you are who you claim to be. But I do understand how football works. I am not french Canadian and if you knew anything about canada, you would know that there are not many in Alberta.

Do us all a favour and take your 30 year old washed up self and go back to packerchatters, which according to you is much better than here.
I still get a kick out of a guy who calls people out on their education constantly yet has a degree in agricultural education, gimme a break. What is that teaching people how to plant seeds?

Everything you are critical of other people for, you are just a guilty as them. So please do us all a favor and shut up. Hell at least people like Barfly, who are annoying as hell usually say something that makes sense. Most packer fans come on here to complain about how we view our team and its chances but you seem to come on for no apparent reason other than to proclaim how great the packers, and you, are.

Itallion:

You make very little sense so, I will waste very little time on this.
My Arizona comments were brought on by the constant chest beating by some, not all, of the posters here. Claiming to seek revenge in a preseason game is a little ridiculous. Today it seems like some here have had an epiphany and have thought better of the matter. I just found it amuzing that Tice seemingly was leading the charge. The guy is asking for it if you ask me. I don't think many observers of football would disagree with me.

I read multiple Packers sources daily and I haven't a clue what you are talking about with regard to the Eagles? The posts I have read barely mention them. I think you have been misinformed once again. I don't post anywhere but here.

Good luck Jason, I hope you have a stellar year at DE. I'll be cheering for you. I would be careful about giving your name out here, though. NeoTx may start calling you and hanging up.

Number one, this washed up 30 year old didn't end his education at the U of M. Number two, I hope to achieve my dream of owning a ranch someday. You should probably worry less about my dreams than your own. If you want I could let you speak to my former high school guidence counselor, in fact I would even suggest some counseling.

-No race shall prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.
Booker T. Washington :study:

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
but what's your screen name on packerchatters texpack

ItalianStallion
08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I don't worry about your dreams at all TexPack, so don't worry.

From what I understand from reading that article, the players are less concerned with gaining any real revenge by winning a preseason game (which don't matter at all). They just want to blow off the frustration that carried over from last seasons loss. I don't think they are under the delusion that wining the game in grand fashion will give them any real satisfaction (maybe just alittle).

I was simply saying that LosAngelis who is a poster on Packerchatters mentioned once that the Packer fans over there are really dwelling in that 4th and 26 play. More so than we "dwell" on the Arizona loss. Hell, your team fired the D-coordinator essentially for that one play.

Now was anything I said hard for you to understand?

TEXPACK
08-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Dog, I don't have a screen name at Packerchatters.com because, I haven't ever posted there.

If they were "dwelling" on it in January that may be true. I don't see it mentioned much, outside of a joke, or an opposing team taking a shot at posters there.

And, your team fired George (the liar) O'Leary, really what is your purpose in life, Son?

bigdogbovy
08-12-2004, 07:40 PM
"texpack" wrote:

Dog, I don't have a screen name at Packerchatters.com because, I haven't ever posted there.

you'll annoy the $hit outta us but not your own brethern. Jeez Tex.

TEXPACK
08-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Dog:

Am I a tough nut to crack or what?

vikefan in WI
08-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I hate to confuse you with facts TexPack, but the Vikings did not fire George O'Leary, Son...or is it tough nut...?

VKG4LFE
08-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah Texpack, he left us for a college head coaching job, Central Florida!

outcast316
08-12-2004, 09:07 PM
It is kind of weird that this post starts off about the Vikes and cardinals and it ends up with Tex arguing with everyone. Interesting to say the least.

I am just stating my observations so I really hope Tex you do not take it upon yourself to insult me in any way shape or form as you have others for stating opinions or observations.
:)

ItalianStallion
08-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Outcast that is how most threads end up now when texpack decides to "enlighten us".

NeoVikesTX
08-12-2004, 09:49 PM
TexPack -- I tried to be mature and ignore you, but you continually call me out and try to make me look bad.

I know you like the attention, but now it's my turn to call you out.

TexPack is NOT Gann Brooks. A simple Google search using "Gann Brooks" brings you to this site.

http://www.agriculture.com/sfonline/sf/1996/october/aaft1996/offense.html

Yes, exactly word-for-word what TexPack himself posted, saying this was him.

Also, as if there is a need for more proof, using a people-finder on-line

www.anywho.com

using the name "Gann Brooks" brings up only one result. The real Gann Brooks lives in Waxahachie, Texas. TexPack claims he lives in Plano.

Now I brought this to TexPacks attention, and he got angry(big suprise) and told Webby that I had called him and went over to his house. I never did any of that. He told Webby to kick me off the site.

TexPack goes from wanting to meet me and fight me, to running to Webby and trying to get me kicked off the site. He did this because he was caught, he had no other choice.

TexPack, I never questioned your football knowledge, only that you lied and continue to lie about who you are to try and earn respect and intimidate those who question your posts.

Now everyone here at Purpleride.org can see through your lies. Now if you could only admit it and start talking football!

RandyMoss8404
08-12-2004, 10:05 PM
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Hahaha Texpack you just got

http://www.ascendancy.net/tribalwar/owned2.jpg

TEXPACK
08-13-2004, 02:00 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

TexPack -- I tried to be mature and ignore you, but you continually call me out and try to make me look bad.

I know you like the attention, but now it's my turn to call you out.

TexPack is NOT Gann Brooks. A simple Google search using "Gann Brooks" brings you to this site.

http://www.agriculture.com/sfonline/sf/1996/october/aaft1996/offense.html

Yes, exactly word-for-word what TexPack himself posted, saying this was him.

Also, as if there is a need for more proof, using a people-finder on-line

www.anywho.com

using the name "Gann Brooks" brings up only one result. The real Gann Brooks lives in Waxahachie, Texas. TexPack claims he lives in Plano.

Now I brought this to TexPacks attention, and he got angry(big suprise) and told Webby that I had called him and went over to his house. I never did any of that. He told Webby to kick me off the site.

TexPack goes from wanting to meet me and fight me, to running to Webby and trying to get me kicked off the site. He did this because he was caught, he had no other choice.

TexPack, I never questioned your football knowledge, only that you lied and continue to lie about who you are to try and earn respect and intimidate those who question your posts.

Now everyone here at Purpleride.org can see through your lies. Now if you could only admit it and start talking football!

#1 I work in Plano. I recently purchased a home here too. I think this is the third time I posted this so pay close attention. I said I cut and pasted the remarks from Jim Whacker. I never denied this.

Number 2, I never went to "webby" he e-mailed me. You stated in a post how you tracked me down to my home. You then started calling my wife aroound noon and talking trash. I never made any recommendations to the webmaster, ask him. I just think you went to far, you are wrong and afraid to admit it. Tell me who you are? I will press charges if you start calling my home again you Viking nut job!

#3 Mr. FBI/CIA operative anyone could tell by my previous posts I tell the truth. If I wanted to be someone besides me why would I go to an agricultural website for information. Kind of random don't you think? Explain my high school knowlege? I knew there was a quote about me there to validate my play history. Not much press when you are a lineman. So, I went to a lot of trouble according to your theory. If you still want to meet me just say so, I won't hurt you, but, be a man.

NeoVikesTX
08-13-2004, 02:27 AM
I'm not gonna meet you wierdo. You have 308 posts since last month. Enough said.

VKG4LFE
08-13-2004, 02:44 AM
What is the big deal? I don't understand why you don't believe him neovikes. As much as he may annoy everyone on this site, sometimes (rare occasions) he does have something insightful to say. I just really don't think that anyone would go out of their way to say they are someone that they are really not!!! Get off his back!!

VKG4LFE
08-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Nice picture RandyMoss8404!! I don't know what is better the girl that's getting chomped on, or the girl on girl action!!

casper
08-13-2004, 02:49 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

I'm not gonna meet you wierdo. You have 308 posts since last month. Enough said.

I wonder if I am a wierdo i got about that many posts since last month..ouchhh, I have been dammed. Maybe I should be quite for a while :cry: :crybaby:

And TEXPACK i did not do number 3 :-k how dare you 8)

casper
08-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Ahmen VKG4LFE :headbang: shoot there I go posting again :roll:

NeoVikesTX
08-13-2004, 12:35 PM
No Casper, you are cool, everyone likes you here! :thumbright:

Jer
08-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Stallion you guys didn't just suck at the end you sucked from 6-0 on. Sure you won 3 games, but you guys crapped out less than halfway through the season. What I meant by us playing the whole season was the fact that we took on early adversity and fought it. You guys lost to the Giants and you were never the same. YOU LOST ONE GAME! You guys fell apart. The game against the Bucs was also a tough game-at the time we were both 4-5 so it wasn't like the game didn't mean anything. We won our last 4 games convincingly. We swept the Bears who were 7-9 last year. Divsion games are tougher no matter what the record. You can't deny that because you guys could only put up 10 points against the Bears.

The reason no one has done this like Green Bay is the fact that this just doesn't happen. How often does the team with the worst record in the league knock out a team of the playoffs? How often does it seem as though a team with 10 wins might not make the playoffs?--and then they do with barely any time left in the 4th quarter. You guys are mad cause you lost. Don't think that Packers weren't mad when the Vikes players acted like it was over with 10 weeks left to go.

Jer
08-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Continuing from last post--..... The Packers still played and didn't complain and cry to the media.

muchluv4smoot
08-13-2004, 01:28 PM
"Jer" wrote:

Stallion you guys didn't just suck at the end you sucked from 6-0 on. Sure you won 3 games, but you guys crapped out less than halfway through the season. What I meant by us playing the whole season was the fact that we took on early adversity and fought it. You guys lost to the Giants and you were never the same. YOU LOST ONE GAME! You guys fell apart. The game against the Bucs was also a tough game-at the time we were both 4-5 so it wasn't like the game didn't mean anything. We won our last 4 games convincingly. We swept the Bears who were 7-9 last year. Divsion games are tougher no matter what the record. You can't deny that because you guys could only put up 10 points against the Bears.

The reason no one has done this like Green Bay is the fact that this just doesn't happen. How often does the team with the worst record in the league knock out a team of the playoffs? How often does it seem as though a team with 10 wins might not make the playoffs?--and then they do with barely any time left in the 4th quarter. You guys are mad cause you lost. Don't think that Packers weren't mad when the Vikes players acted like it was over with 10 weeks left to go.

The fact that we went 6-0 to start the season and also killed seattle and KC at the end of the year, at least shows that we had a very talented football team. We improved our talent in this offseason, and also improved our coaching, by getting on of the most respected D coordinators in the league. We also had a lot of youth on our team last year, and those players do learn from their mistakes and learn to treat every game and team, like you are playing the best in the NFL. You can talk all you want about the vikes of last year and the pack of last year, but you know, as well as pretty much everyone, that the vikes have passed the pack and are clear favorites to win the NFC north and then some.

ItalianStallion
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Jer, you obviously didn't watch any of our games, so I am not sure why you are making those blanket statements.

As it has been said, We absolutely destroyed Seattle and Kc (two playoff teams, by the way), and the defense played extremely well the lsat four games of the season save for maybe the last play of the Arizona game. Our offense (playcalling especially) is what cost us the Chicago and Arizona games. We did suck in our 4 game losing streak but I refuse to believe we played badly our last 4 games.

AS far as being angry about the Arizona loss, of course I am any fan of the vikings is. If the game went the other way so would you be.

All I can say is I am looking forward to wiping that smug "we rule the world" attitude from all the Packer fans this season.

TEXPACK
08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
There is no greater delusion than, self delusion.

How in the world can you people spin last years failure into a positive? The Minnesota Vikings fell apart plain and simple.

Smug attitude? You mean like calling someone out that he doesn't know anything about football--then when you find out he played, making fun of him on every occasion possible?

I almost wish the Vikings would win something so the fans could see how it feels. How would they even act? Like a bunch of monkeys! The league really should take your team away.
Proclaiming you superiority over who? Dallas, Carolina, St. Louis, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay? This is just the NFC. On any given day any of these teams could beat the Vikings. On any day! By my addition this is half of the NFC this makes your team AVERAGE. The other common denominator is 5 of these teams have been to and won a Superbowl and all but, one have been to the playoffs in the past 3 years.

The Vikings will be fortunate to get into the postseason. Even if they did if I were a fan I wouldn't expect much. The playoffs are a whole new world.

In 45 years of play the Minnesota Viking post season record is only 17-23. :study:

TEXPACK
08-13-2004, 02:41 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

How in the world can you people spin last years failure into a positive? The Minnesota Vikings fell apart plain and simple.

Smug attitude? You mean like calling someone out that he doesn't know anything about football--then when you find out he played, making fun of him on every occasion possible?

I almost wish the Vikings would win something so the fans could see how it feels. How would they even act? Like a bunch of monkeys! The league really should take your team away.
Proclaiming you superiority over who? Dallas, Carolina, St. Louis, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay? This is just the NFC. On any given day any of these teams could beat the Vikings. On any day! By my addition this is half of the NFC this makes your team AVERAGE. The other common denominator is 5 of these teams have been to and won a Superbowl and all but, one have been to the playoffs in the past 3 years.

The Vikings will be fortunate to get into the postseason. Even if they did if I were a fan I wouldn't expect much. The playoffs are a whole new world.

In 45 years of play the Minnesota Viking post season record is only 17-23. :study:

Jer
08-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Why don't you look at your opposing rb's stats. What was the score of the Rams game? 48-17? The Raiders spanked you and so did the Chargers. I don't have the stats on me, but basically every rb tore you guys up. Now the Cards didn't tear you up, but they did sorta win and knock you guys out of the playoffs! Tell me how you are so far ahead of the Packers?

RandyMoss8404
08-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Green Bay: Brett Favre is the best quarterback in the NFL, hands down and recounts denied. Javon Walker has gone through an incredibly rigorous offseason conditioning program, and Ahman Green is easily the second most versatile back in the league, behind LaDainian Tomlinson. Their offensive line is almost as dominating as the Vikings and Chiefs'. That being said, their defense is suspect. They have a relatively elite passrusher in Kabeer Gbaja-Bijamsfjafkajlkfsjla, but no one on the other end, allowing him to be eaten by double teams. Mike McKenzie is considering a holdout, and even if he does not, he gets burned by the quicker wideouts. Tthe 5'9 Ahmad Carroll will be stepping in to guard the likes of Randy Moss, Marty Booker, and Roy Williams. Yeah...ok. 9-7 or 10-6.

The Packers face Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison, Tennessee’s Derrick Mason, St. Louis’ Torry Holt, Philadelphia’s Terrell Owens, Amani Toomer, Isaac Bruce, and Laverneus Coles - with NO SECONDARY. Why are the Packers screwed? Because Brett Favre and Ahman Green are ALL they have going for them.

Vikings?: I bleed purple and gold, but I am a pragmatist as well, so here's an objective outlook. The Vikings have the most potent offense in the league, and have augmented it. In addition to the mobile and powerful arm of Daunte Culpepper, the fleet footed, intimidating, and most awe inspiring wide receiver in the league in Randy Moss, the Vikings may now count on the return of the 4.23 40 yard dash running Michael Bennett, in the best shape of his life and focused on gaining 1300 yards and ten touchdowns this season. Backing him up will be the versatile Moe Williams and an incredible athlete in Onterrio Smith. Jermaine Wiggins has been added to give us a seam-pass catching tight end, and Jimmy Kleinsasser remains an emerging pass catcher and the best blocking tight end in the league. Marcus Robinson, the man who caught four touch downs in a game last year, is now going to be the #2 opposite Randy Moss, and, barring injury, will either bury opposing teams or force them to remove tripple coverage from Randy.

On special teams, Aaron Elling has improved his kickoff range, dropping the average kick inside the five yard line. His field goals are far, far more accurate. We have acquired a new veteran punter, and an incredibly versatile kick returner in Medwelde Moore.

The defense is more potent than ever, with Corey Chavous and Brian Russell posed to have breakout years, and quickly becoming one of the most reliable safety tandems in the league. Russell has improved his tackling in the offseason by working with our new corner, Antoine Winfield, a man who was only outjumped once in his career, and that by Chris Chambers. We also have an emerging star in Brian Russell, the same one whom absolutely smothered T.O. vs. the 49ers last year. Chris Hovan has dropped weight and should return to being a double team threat, while Kevin Williams produced 10.5 sacks last year and should be even more lethal this year. Kenechi Udeze looks to add punch to our already decent pass rush, and if Kenny Mixon can stay out of trouble, he will augment it too. Our linebacker core is our only questionable position, with EJ Henderson, an incredibly talented but very undisciplined player starting at the middle, and with Dontarrious Thomas starting on the strong side, a rookie, but an incredibly smart and fast sideline-to-sideline defender. We add ex-Lion Chris Claibourne, also injury prone, on the weak side, and, if they gel, we will have one of the speediest linebacker corps in the league.

The strength of the entire team is improved by the strength and conditioning of Kurtis Schultz, the former trainer of Ray Lewis. He has put the team through the ringer in the offseason. We also have a new offensive coordinator in Ted Cotrell.

I have high hopes for the Vikings this season, but I had my heart ripped out in 1998, and after a 6-0 start last year, so I know not to get overblown, but I see the Vikings winning 12-13 games this year, and going at least as far as the NFC championship, perhaps the Super Bowl.

--------------------

I wrote that for another forum about a week ago. Munch on that e-toughguy :P

RandyMoss8404
08-13-2004, 03:29 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Right, kind of like you being a tough guy and an erudite all at the same time.

Sorry bro, but I must recommend that you http://www.neffing.com/pics/albums/userpics/stopposting.jpg

TEXPACK
08-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Randy,

You show you have intelligence. So I will ask for your insight.

Defensively speaking, with the rules change regarding strict enforcement of the 5 yard bump rule NFL teams will be forced to play more zone defense or cover "8" as the base defense.

When I was in high school we played cover 2 or cover 3 and occasionally pure man-to-man. Safeties wheeled over the top to give help and typically didn't let anyone behind them. StrongSafety had stronside "flat", LBs dropped into zones and the remaining field was split in thirds.

this defense works well if you get decent pressure from your DL and the QB must sit in the pocket waiting for the WR to read the zone and make his breaks.

Coach Slowik fully intends to run a variation of the cover 8 in my opinion giving the Packers an initial advantage by taking the first look away from Culpepper. I am not going to say I don't think Daunte is bright but, like most NFL QBs he struggles at times reading his progressions. Part B to the defensive strategy will be to bring pressure, I expect Green Bay will basically zone blitz this year about 60% of the time especially on 1-2 downs. Marcus Robinson will have to prove his worth but, unlike you I just don't think he has any speed left to challenge the opponents DB. (ala Antonio Freeman). Ahmed Carroll seems to fit this new strategy best and will definately be able to run with Moss, Mark Roman should be able to provide help over the top he has "quazi" Corner speed. The Vikings best option would be to effectively run the football and get the ball to Wiggens in the seam. The only problem is the Green Bay linebackers may be the strength of their defense?

I know you know this as it sounds as if you have either played or been well coached. Moss is a phoenom like the league has never seen before. he is a man and the NFL will figure out how to control him too. The 53 atheletes that suit up each and every game are not seperated that much by individual talent. All of them can play, play well, and play consistently.

The new league rule changes should impact the man to man CBs (Mike McKenzie) much more than coverage guys like Carroll and Winfield. Teams will be forced into blitzing more to force the QB into a quick decision. Big plays should go up and points too. I don't think this is really an advantage or disadvantage to either Green Bay or Minnesota as they have lights out offenses. The Patriots may have a difficult time at first getting away with the rough stuff but, they will adapt too.

Do you think they will enforce the grabbing and pushing off on the offensive recievers, too? Just a thought because Randy does about as good as anyone at applying his hands when applying his trade. If that is the case this new rules change may make it difficult on guys like T.O. who depend on that for seperation. I think Moss will adapt but, the Vikings do seem to struggle with discipline and penalties. Weren't the Vikings the most penalized team in football last year?

RandyMoss8404
08-13-2004, 10:04 PM
You really don't seem to get it Texpack. Moss has been in the league for five years. FIVE YEARS. If you don't have an answer for a guy after FIVE YEARS you probably won't have an answer for him EVER, until he's thirty-five.

Ahmad Carroll cannot run with Randy Moss. But, let's say he could.

Can he...jump with Randy Moss? Well, Deion Sanders couldn't.

Can he...catch like Randy Moss? Erm, only Jerry Rice can.

Can he...beat Moss running sideline to sideline? Erm...Ray Lewis MIGHT stand a chance.

Ahmad Carroll - if he guards Randy Moss - will end up with a mouthful of turf, just like everyone else in the league.

Zones cannot stop the Vikings offense. In the event they did somehow shut down the wideouts, Michael Bennett is JUST AS FAST as Randy Moss. In case you miss the point there, that makes him about two times as fast as everyone else.

edit: Uhm, Blitzing? We have the best blocking tight end in the league - one of the better blocking RBs in the league in Onterrio Smith - an improving blocker in Michael Bennett...oh...and did I mention...perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best offensive line in football behind the Chiefs and -arguably- the Packers own? Blitzing with who? Gbaja-BiSFaijzoZMzimoaizoajozla? Because you have no one else. If you blitz Sharper, you know it's a touchdown... :study:

http://www.randymossonline.com/169.jpeg

TEXPACK
08-13-2004, 10:25 PM
#1 Ahmed is faster than Moss.

#2 Bennett is quite a bit faster than everyone in the league. I think he's a lot faster than the 4.23 you quoted. You should check that, I will too.

#3 I like Randy Moss as a player. What difference has he made in the Vikings vs Packers in his first 5 years? I think the records are even, right?

The Viking Offensive line has weaknesses and no bench depth from what I see. Dixon is old, Rosenthal is.....poor, Birk is hurt and overrated.

Don't get too excited by camp reports regarding the Viking offense vs the Cheifs defense. The Chiefs were about as bad a defense as there was last year. The Vikings proved they match up well last year with the Chiefs.
Football is all about matchups. Right, Bro?

Moss is just a man. Smart defensive coordinators can take him out. Don't hype your team so much dude they were just 9-7!

RandyMoss8404
08-13-2004, 10:40 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

#2 Bennett is quite a bit faster than everyone in the league. I think he's a lot faster than the 4.23 you quoted. You should check that, I will too.

#3 I like Randy Moss as a player. What difference has he made in the Vikings vs Packers in his first 5 years? I think the records are even, right?

The Viking Offensive line has weaknesses and no bench depth from what I see. Dixon is old, Rosenthal is.....poor, Birk is hurt and overrated.

Don't get too excited by camp reports regarding the Viking offense vs the Cheifs defense. The Chiefs were about as bad a defense as there was last year. The Vikings proved they match up well last year with the Chiefs.

Moss is just a man. Smart defensive coordinators can take him out. Don't hype your team so much dude they were just 9-7!

And don't hype your team so much, they needed -Al Harris- to beat the Seahawks!

By the way, find me some links that say Ahmad Carroll is faster than Randy Moss. But don't look too hard, they don't exist. Ahmad Carroll's best ever 40 yard dash time was a 4.26, Randy Moss' AVERAGE was a 4.25. Hell dude, Joey Thomas looked better in camp.

Face it. Carroll is a nickel back, and covering Moss is a dream. I watched Carroll play four times last year, he has a fantastic backpedal but by the time he turns around the receiver is GONE.

And whatever drivel you just posted about the Chiefs you need to clarify bro, I'm not getting your point. 45-20 is not a good match up, it's a blowout.

muchluv4smoot
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

You really don't seem to get it Texpack. Moss has been in the league for five years. FIVE YEARS. If you don't have an answer for a guy after FIVE YEARS you probably won't have an answer for him EVER, until he's thirty-five.

Ahmad Carroll cannot run with Randy Moss. But, let's say he could.

Can he...jump with Randy Moss? Well, Deion Sanders couldn't.

Can he...catch like Randy Moss? Erm, only Jerry Rice can.

Can he...beat Moss running sideline to sideline? Erm...Ray Lewis MIGHT stand a chance.

Ahmad Carroll - if he guards Randy Moss - will end up with a mouthful of turf, just like everyone else in the league.

Zones cannot stop the Vikings offense. In the event they did somehow shut down the wideouts, Michael Bennett is JUST AS FAST as Randy Moss. In case you miss the point there, that makes him about two times as fast as everyone else.

edit: Uhm, Blitzing? We have the best blocking tight end in the league - one of the better blocking RBs in the league in Onterrio Smith - an improving blocker in Michael Bennett...oh...and did I mention...perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best offensive line in football behind the Chiefs and -arguably- the Packers own? Blitzing with who? Gbaja-BiSFaijzoZMzimoaizoajozla? Because you have no one else. If you blitz Sharper, you know it's a touchdown... :study:

http://www.randymossonline.com/169.jpeg

One thing that batman carroll can do, is run with randy moss. Speed is batman's best attribute and he is fast as hell. Batman is a track guy like bennett, not quite as fast though. Unfortunately though, carroll can only use his speed against moss. I don't even know why we are talking about Moss vs carroll, when carroll will be the 3rd or 4th Cb on the pack and Moss is always covered by 2 guys.

I do agreee that the new enforcement of pass interference and illegal contact, will be a huge boost to an offense like ours. So far in preseason, the officials have been calling it a ton too, so it looks like they are gonna call it. If they do, our offense and Moss could be absolutely unstoppable.

I have been saying this for awhile now, but I believe that this rule inforcement will turn this league into more of an offensive league. You will no longer need a great d to win the super bowl, but you will need a great offense. This will hurt the pats too, because of the way they used to cover WR's and the fact that their WR's aren't gonna be able to do much more than they have with the new rule inforcement.

Teams like the colts, vikes, packers, and chiefs will be teams to watch out for this year, since they have good offenses and can pass the ball verticly very well.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-14-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm torn on this new rule... I like it for Moss and our other WR's but I think it could hurt us on the D side of the ball too. I'm not sure that I like that you won't need an all around good team to win!

muchluv4smoot
08-14-2004, 12:07 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

Your assessment of the vikes O-line show you know nothing about them. Don't know how we can have one of the best O-lines in the league with all those crappy o-lineman, in your opinion?

Also Bennett is a 4.19 guy by the way.

Don't get too excited about vikes offense tearing up the chiefs D in scrimmage?? We don't need any reports about our offense to expect them to be good, since we did have the #1 offense in the NFL last year. Are you trying to say we all of a sudden won't have a great offense? We gained 25 more yards a game, than the #2 offense in the NFL last year, 25 MORE YARDS A GAME! That is a huge gap between us and the #2 team. Face it, we will have probably the best offense in the NFL again, barring key injuries.

Don't hype our team too much, since they were 9-7 last year??? WE DON'T HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR, NO NFL TEAM DOES. Why do you always need to focus on last year? Maybe since you don't want to talk about your 2004/2005 team, that isn't as good as last years?? Remeber the raiders and bucs, they went to the super bowl and stunk the next year? Records of the year before mean nothing in this league.

muchluv4smoot
08-14-2004, 12:12 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I'm torn on this new rule... I like it for Moss and our other WR's but I think it could hurt us on the D side of the ball too. I'm not sure that I like that you won't need an all around good team to win!

Actually winfield is a great zone cover guy, so it shouldn't hurt him too much. I think brian williams is the same way. It will in a way hurt every teams D some, but it hurts teams like the pack, panthers and pats, who use their CB's to man WR's, since they seem to bump them for about 10-15 yards downfield. I like it, since it makes offensive teams better andgives the a better shot at winning the super bowl. So far in preseason, there has been a ton of calls though and it will take awhile for CB's to get use to the rule. Even though our D was gonna be much improved this year, I think this rule will help us out even more.

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I found the Bennett 40 time also 4.19 which probably makes him the NFLs current fastest man.

Unfortunately, regarding Randy Moss he ran a 4.39 at the 1998 combine. I didn't think he was a sub 4.3 guy. Coles is the only reciever in the NFL I'm aware of that fast.

Ahman Green ran a 4.22 by the way!

The Viking line isn't as good as advertised the starter are above average with little depth. Maybe you are counting on Jimmy K.? if that's the case I give them a B+.

muchluv4smoot
08-14-2004, 01:22 AM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

I found the Bennett 40 time also 4.19 which probably makes him the NFLs current fastest man.

Unfortunately, regarding Randy Moss he ran a 4.39 at the 1998 combine. I didn't think he was a sub 4.3 guy. Coles is the only reciever in the NFL I'm aware of that fast.

Ahman Green ran a 4.22 by the way!

The Viking line isn't as good as advertised the starter are above average with little depth. Maybe you are counting on Jimmy K.? if that's the case I give them a B+.

Really, Moss ran a 4.39 at the combine huh??? Not sure where you got that, but Moss actaully never attended the combine. He missed it due to some dental work I believe. Also Moss ran a 4.25 before the draft. Where the hell did you get that he went to the combine and ran a 4.39? Also ahman green ran a 4.22 a long time ago, when he wasn't so big. He isn't that fast now, although still pretty damn fast.

Jer
08-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Moss8404-You said that our o-line is almost as dominating as yours and the Chiefs-don't get too happy. Our O-line is probably tops in the league and the only other team that is right there is the Chiefs. The Vikes are actually down on the list near 5 according to fantasy football mags. You have an excellent o-line, but not as good as the Packers.

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 09:29 AM
"Jer" wrote:

Moss8404-You said that our o-line is almost as dominating as yours and the Chiefs-don't get too happy. Our O-line is probably tops in the league and the only other team that is right there is the Chiefs. The Vikes are actually down on the list near 5 according to fantasy football mags. You have an excellent o-line, but not as good as the Packers.

Fantasy Football mags are really, really reliable.

At least Texpack's arguments make SENSE. You should just stop.

And uhm, Texpack, you need to stop looking at selective sources. I know my 40 yard dash times. Bennett ran a 4.19 at 205 lbs, and 4.23 at 210. Moss ran a 4.25 -average- consistently. Batman Ahmad Carroll's best 40 yard dash was 4.26 - he has a quick back pedal, but CANNOT turn and run.

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 09:31 AM
My bad, I thought this was from the combine.

Draft Analysis: Minnesota Vikings
Posted: Sunday June 07, 1998 07:54 PM

Randy Moss
1st round, 21st overall
Receiver, Marshall
Comments: Had the potential to be a top-five pick, and Vikes got a steal at No. 21. Will play on the outside in three-receiver sets, opening up star receiver Cris Carter underneath, and RB Robert Smith in the run game ... could be best pick of draft

Randy Moss
WR, Marshall
Name Jsy College HT WT
Randy Moss 88 Marshall 6033 203
40 BP SS LS VJ BJ Grade Rd.
4.39 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 7.55 1

Background
1997- Won the Biletnikoff Award given to the best receiver...placed 4th in the Heisman Trophy balloting...finished the season with an NCAA record 25 TD receptions...voted 1st team all-MAC by the league’s coaches...finished 4th in voting for the Maxwell Award, given to the most outstanding collegiate player...one of five finalists for the FOOTBALL NEWS Offensive Player of the Year...set school record with 1820 yds. receiving in a season...rated by Sporting News as the top receiver in college football...1996- His 28 TDs were the most ever in a single season...scored at least one TD in every game...named 1st team All-American by all five awarding organizations...set NCAA 1-AA record with most games catching a TD pass...despite only playing one year in the league, tied the Southern Conference record for TD receptions in a career with 28...led the NCAA 1-AA in kickoff returns...finished the regular season 6th overall in NCAA history in TD receptions...1995- Transferred from Florida St...redshirted...

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 09:32 AM
It happens Tex, just gotta read your analysis more carefully. Half the Draft sites on the net aren't legit. Hell, I found one where Deion Sanders ran a 4.5

Jer
08-14-2004, 11:33 AM
We have 2 Pro-Bowlers in Flanagan and Rivera. Wahle was voted All-Pro by s.i. Wahle should have gone to the Pro-Bowl last year. Chad Clifton gave up 1 1/2 sacks last year at left tackle. We gave up 19 sacks! Our 3 rb's had 5 yard averages or more, Green 5.3, Davenport 5.5, and Fisher 5.0. Our lowest guy is Tauscher and he was coming off of a season ending injury last year as was Clifton. Tascher is looking even better than he was before he had the injury. Tauscher doesn't get called for holding much either. In 01' he didn't have any holding calls on him. Kevin Barry is good enough to be a starter on half the teams in the league. He's something like 6'5" and he weighs 330 pounds. He is in great shape this year. You guys have the biggest O-line in the leauge, but that doesn't mean you guys have the best in the league. If it makes you feel any better I have a feeling that we will drop down a little bit after this year when we lose Wahle and/or Rivera to FA after this season. I think we'll keep Rivera, but Wahle will be looking for a big paycheck. Barry will take that spot. We have this guy from the CFL named Steve Morley-he's a giant and is looking better in training camp-quick learner. We are the best now and should be top 5 still next year as long as we keep one of our two fa's.

Our group of rb's is tops in the league right now. The O-line gets a lot of credit for that. That should make more sense to you.

RandyMoss8404
08-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, it makes sense, except that I never said the Vikings O line was better. Reading comprehension.

But I DO believe we are just as good.

And as for your group of RB's being tops in the league, we'll see about that son :)

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 12:25 PM
In all fairness to both sides arguments, the season will probably boil down to three things unless injuries or off field issues become a distraction.

#1 a) The Packer secondary's ability to cover opponents WR with an unproven secondary. b) The Packers DL ability to apply pressure on the QB.

#2 a) The Vikings linebackers ability to not get confused and cover complex NFL offenses movements, multiple sets, and speed out of the backfield. b) The Vikings DL applying pressure on the QB and shortening the amount of coverage time by the secondary.

#3 a) Brett Farve's control of the system and not making mistakes at key moments which cost Green Bay games (i.e. Minnesota, Arizona, Detroit, Kansas City) b) Culpepper's pass progression decisions, decreased fumbles. Minnesota's tendency to make mental mistakes (i.e. penalties) and play the entire season as a team which lives up to it's God given athletic talent.

Both teams will likely disappoint their fans in my opinion.

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Future Fact:

The 2004 Green Bay Packers will have the most prolific backfield in the history of the NFL since the 1998 Denver Broncos. Possibly, in the history of the NFL.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2004, 12:42 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

:study:

Texpack what are you talking about? Only the most unperceptive of fans looks only at the big picture (win-loss record) when discussing the potential new season. Granted the only thing that mattered last year was that years win loss record, but alot of the intagiblies our team showed go a long way to predicting how our team will start off. Hell we finished 2002 3-0 and started 2003 6-0, it carries over sometimes. In the end the only thing that matters this year is the win-loss record, but none of us know that so why bother trying to predict it?

As far as calling you out? um, If I recall correctly it was you who called me and almost everyone else out on this site about their football knowledge, not me. Then you found out I played football, so what is your point there? Maybe you were just demonstrating how you actually are a hypocrite.

Jer yes we did have problems with running backs in the midseason last year, good for you on picking that one up. If you actually watched our games you would have realized that was due mainly to our slow LBs (biekert, crockett) that are no longer with this team. We gave players like Nattiel and Henderson more playing time at the end of the year and ended up containig Priest Holmes, Shaun Alexander etc. by the end of the season.

Um ok, the Packers have agreat offensive line, as do the vikings. Debating between whether we are ranked #5 vs #4 or #3 is pointless.

Texpack, saying Carrol can run with Moss before they have ever played a game is ignorant. Maybe in 100 yard dash he could, but when I hear stories of Carrol getting burned by the like of ferguson in camp I am less inclined to believe that. Football speed and track speed are very different. Remember, he would have to plant and turn around as well, and by then Moss has 5 yards on him and it is all over.

I think someone stated that Onterrio Smith is one of the better blocking RB in the game, maybe you meant Moe, cuz from what I saw last year he still has a long way to go in that department.

jer you sack stats are very open to interpretation. As a vikings fan I could easiliy say that the reason Farve isn't sacked alot is because he throws it up alot of the time whenever he feels pressure, which led to the 22 picks he threw, kinda like the Dawkins-duck in the playoffs or the 4 he threw to us in the opener. It is almost as if he is afraid to take a hit in his old age.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Prolific Backfield TexPack? You have a star player in Ahman, a decent running back who has never played an entire game in Davenport, and who else Fisher? Yah that depth is scary.

With us, we have 3 players who if they get 20 carries a game have all proven they can get consistently 100 yard games. All 3 of our back have started and played almost entire games and produced number that Davenport has only proved he can do every once in a while whenever Ahman is tired. Lets see him play a whole game a few time and then well talk.

Jer
08-14-2004, 09:05 PM
stallion-lets interpret the fact that Brett isn't the most mobile guy around either. He is better than most at moving around and throwing on the run though. Every qb gets rid of the ball. We gave up 19 sacks and thats all there is to it. The Rams and Lions were the only two teams to really outplay our O-line. We had 157 yards rushing on average as a team each week. If Davenport gets the carries he will do fine. He gets better as the game goes on as well. He is the knockout guy come 4th quarter. I sometimes want him more than Green in the 4th quarter because he wears the defense down. Remember the game in 02' vs. you guys? Fisher had 96 yards and a td on 25 carries against you guys @ Lambeau.

Favre isn't afraid to take a hit w/ his old age. He saw the blitz against the Eagles and they were in the backfield before Brett got to look down field and he made a decision to throw it up. The 4 picks vs. you guys-rough day. The last one where Chavous was on Javon and he got the pick-Had it been at the end of the season Javon would have come up with it. Favre isn't afraid to take a hit.

Another thing on Carroll-the reports on him have been that he has a hard time figuring out whats going on on the field. He can run with guys and he's like a blanket on them, but its the different defensive looks that he is trying to learn. 75 percent of the time (estimated by Sherman) he has been on the guy, but the other 25 percent it has been a mental error. He has the speed, but the mental lapses at least in the beginning will hurt him and make him look slower than he actually is.

ItalianStallion
08-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Jer I am not saying that Davenport and.or Fisher arn't serviceable replacement during the course of a game. The facts remain though, all of our top 3 RBs have had consistently good showing (100+ yds) when they get alot of carries during a game. Meaning on any given day we could start any of them and have a great day rushing the ball.

That game that you refer about Tony Fisher, If I recall correctly Bennett had a better game anyway. Davenport has never played a whole game for you guys and so you can't really claim him to be a serviceable replacement. He just cleans up the garbage when the defense and Ahman are tired.

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I think Davenport started a game against Detroit and had about 90 yards on 15 rushes. I'll check and get back to you. Don't forget this guy was probably an early second round pick had a college injury not set him back. His ankle needed surgery and rehab forcing him to miss the first several games of his rookie season. The Packers stole him in the 4th round.

O.K. Here it is:
First name is pronounced NAH-jay
During the 2003 season, had the second-best rushing average (5.45 yards per carry) among the NFL's top 59 running backs; only college teammate Clinton Portis, a 1,591-yard rusher for the Broncos, enjoyed a higher average (5.49)
His 31.6-yard kickoff return average would have led the NFL last season, but he fell four attempts shy of the 20 needed for qualification, having not assumed those duties for Green Bay until the 10th game
Could have been described as a true "Lion killer" in his 2002, rookie season. Better than 85 percent of his rushing yards in '02 (157 of 184) came against Detroit, including 84 yards in the Ford Field opener, which remains a career high
Was a captain on the University of Miami's 12-0, national championship team in 2001, though he missed the title game after breaking a bone in his foot during Rose Bowl preparations
A sprinter on the Miami track squad for four years, he was a member of the Hurricanes' 1999 Big East champion 4x100-meter relay team

Great game tonight from Minnesota. You guys are looking great!

VikesFan4Life
08-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the praise TEXPACK! That means a lot coming from you, as critical of the Vikes as you are... :P

I agree, the D looked pretty good, but just remember, it was the Cards out there. Did Fitzy even catch anything? I thought for sure he would have at least one reception.

TEXPACK
08-14-2004, 11:57 PM
I think Fitz caught one pass early on in the left flat. I'm unsure if any others. Denny is probably a little gun shy about getting him hurt since Bolden looks to be through.

Maybe McCardell could do a one year deal and help out the Cards? If the Cardinals don't get a couple Free Agents before the season, who can produce some offense, they might as well start watching college players for the draft next year.

RandyMoss8404
08-15-2004, 12:27 AM
In other news, to those of you who saw the Carolina/Washington game, Sean Taylor GAVE it to DeShaun Foster. Forced a fumble with a huge pop

Jer
08-16-2004, 12:20 PM
stallion-The feature rb should do better than the 3rd rb. Fisher and Davenport can start and play a full game and produce. We have Ahman Green who has managed to stay healthy (knock on wood).
These two haven't had to be pushed into the starting role, but if you look at the production with limited playing time you will see how good they are. They can start if needed.

RandyMoss8404
08-16-2004, 01:58 PM
"Jer" wrote:

stallion-The feature rb should do better than the 3rd rb. Fisher and Davenport can start and play a full game and produce. We have Ahman Green who has managed to stay healthy (knock on wood).
These two haven't had to be pushed into the starting role, but if you look at the production with limited playing time you will see how good they are. They can start if needed.

Right, right. Kind of like Tim Couch could start if needed :lol: