PDA

View Full Version : Tarvaris or Tavaris?



Braddock
05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
This isn't about which is right, because i'm almost sure TARvaris is.... but which do you like better?

Tavaris Jackson is better IMO

DCPologirl
05-02-2006, 08:22 PM
weird...when I look it up on google there are equal amount of sites spelling it both ways but Sports Illustrated spells it Tarvaris so I am going with them!

VikesfaninWis
05-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Wait to see when he is added to the team page on Vikings.com to see the correct spelling. Until then, I will probably spell it both ways. Why change now..lol

UndisputedVike
05-02-2006, 08:30 PM
It's Tarvaris, and they sound the same really.

howkings
05-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Every publication I've seen has it as Tarvaris Jackson. Maybe it should be TarJack for short.

Braddock
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
TarJack? sounds like a World of Warcraft character.....

definately TJ

jdvike
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
As long as we can call him a QUARTERBACK I'll call him whatever he wants to be called. :wink:

Prophet
05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

This isn't about which is right, because i'm almost sure TARvaris is.... but which do you like better?

Tavaris Jackson is better IMO

:lol: , just change someone's name if you think it sounds better another way. Come to think of it, I do that all the time. That's where nicknames come from. Just sounds funny, say it/spell it how you think it sounds better. Good idea! I think I'll call him Tar, it's easier and simple to say.

cajunvike
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

This isn't about which is right, because i'm almost sure TARvaris is.... but which do you like better?

Tavaris Jackson is better IMO

:lol: , just change someone's name if you think it sounds better another way. Come to think of it, I do that all the time. That's where nicknames come from. Just sounds funny, say it/spell it how you think it sounds better. Good idea! I think I'll call him Tar, it's easier and simple to say.

OK, Poo-fett!!! It just sounds better!!! :razz:

DaVizzles
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
its Tarvaris Jackson we need to find a nickname for him

Which do you like

T-Jack(this is what im going with)
TJ
Tarv
TarJack

happy camper
05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
TJ

ZDoy379
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
It's spelled Tarvaris but is pronounced without the first r. So it is pronounced Tavaris and looks like Tarvaris.

cajunvike
05-03-2006, 12:09 AM
We talking about THESE guys???

http://www.soulmusic.com/EYS-Tavares.htm

ultravikingfan
05-03-2006, 12:37 AM
"ZDoy379" wrote:

It's spelled Tarvaris but is pronounced without the first r. So it is pronounced Tavaris and looks like Tarvaris.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=388240#388240

Ltrey33
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Vikings.com has it Tarvaris...so that's what I'll call him!

singersp
05-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Hell, I'll just call him T-Jack or TJ.

What I'd hate to see is, is it Tarvarius or Tavarius used in the same context as is it Favre or Farve.

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
What a bunch of idiots. Who cares how you pronounce it? Let me help you out...S-U-C-K-S

PurpleMafia
05-03-2006, 01:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Hell, I'll just call him T-Jack or TJ.

What I'd hate to see is, is it Tarvarius or Tavarius used in the same context as is it Favre or Farve.

Im gonna join you in starting the T-Jack trend, I really like the sound of that. A helluva lot better than C-Pep.

PurpleRide
05-03-2006, 01:33 AM
"Irving" wrote:

What a bunch of idiots. Who cares how you pronounce it? Let me help you out...S-U-C-K-S

Have you seen him play in the NFL yet? Don't rush to judge someone, brady was supposed to be a career back-up, johnson would have never been drafted in todays draft. He went in the 9th round. Lets see what he can do first before you make brilliant statements like that

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Don't even try comparing this loser to the Great Tom Brady. Brady has more brains in his pinky than that retard. And brains are what win football games. Jackson couldn't think his way out of a wet paper sack.

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:42 AM
And to not only take him in the scond round, but to trade your 3rd round picks after screwing up the second pick...I don't know how you Vikings fans can sit there and be happy about it. I would be outraged by the incompetence.

PurpleRide
05-03-2006, 01:46 AM
"Irving" wrote:

Don't even try comparing this loser to the Great Tom Brady. Brady has more brains in his pinky than that Challenged Hillybilly Lover. And brains are what win football games. Jackson couldn't think his way out of a wet paper sack.

Really, so when he was drafted in the late rounds, everyone was saying the pats have the smartest man in football. They couldnt believe he fell to the 6th round. Many were down on brady when he was drafted saying he was not an pro QB.
Do you know for a fact he is a dumb QB. I have read many articles on this guy, none say he was ever a dumb QB. I think you need to follow sports a little more before running with your great statements about an unkown football player. Remember steve mcnair came from a small school, he turned out well. Lets see, jerrry rice, T.O, small schools. Give me some facts why you think this guy is a dumb player, or just troll your way out of here.

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:49 AM
They're not going to say that he's a dumb QB...has anyone ever put in print that Farve is a dumb QB? No, it was just understood. Just like Culpepper was a dumb QB, and McNabb and so on.

Your feeble attempt a comparisons unfortuantely don't apply here.

Also, I'd like to see you make me "troll" my way out of here.

PurpleRide
05-03-2006, 01:50 AM
"Irving" wrote:

They're not going to say that he's a dumb QB...has anyone ever put in print that Farve is a dumb QB? No, it was just understood. Just like Culpepper was a dumb QB, and McNabb and so on.

Your feeble attempt a comparisons unfortuantely don't apply here.

Also, I'd like to see you make me "troll" my way out of here.

:lol:

jdvike
05-03-2006, 01:51 AM
I smell a troll.....smells like stinky cheese too!

2beersTommy
05-03-2006, 01:52 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"Irving" wrote:

They're not going to say that he's a dumb QB...has anyone ever put in print that Farve is a dumb QB? No, it was just understood. Just like Culpepper was a dumb QB, and McNabb and so on.

Your feeble attempt a comparisons unfortuantely don't apply here.

Also, I'd like to see you make me "troll" my way out of here.

:lol:

dont worry douchebag..Im sure its on its way !

jdvike
05-03-2006, 01:53 AM
I love the net...people get so brave sitting behind a computer.

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:54 AM
...and condescending too.

Irving
05-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Have some more Chee-tos jvdyke.

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:04 AM
"Irving" wrote:

And to not only take him in the scond round, but to trade your 3rd round picks after screwing up the second pick...I don't know how you Vikings fans can sit there and be happy about it. I would be outraged by the incompetence.

Pretty much tells me we're not dealing with a Vikings fan here.

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:11 AM
"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

Who is your team of choice now?

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:11 AM
"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

Who is your team of choice this year?

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Anyone but them.

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:17 AM
"Irving" wrote:

Anyone but them.

That pretty much answers my question. :wink:

SharperVikings
05-03-2006, 02:17 AM
"Irving" wrote:

Anyone but them.

wow.... :evil:

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Well, you have to admit, with the litany of screwups over the years they hardly stand out as a sound organization. I was curious to see what would happen with a new owner, coach, etc. but it's the same thing with different names. They make dumb decisions and don't seem to plan for the future.

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:25 AM
So, if I'm really pressed, I'd choose the Patriots hands down. Even if they never reach the Super Bowl again, at least they did what took to get ther and win.

ultravikingfan
05-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Then why even come here?

Why even care?

MensaTice
05-03-2006, 02:30 AM
"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

Serious questions: How big of a loser do you have to be as someone who is anti-Viking to sign up and post on a Viking message board? Have you ever been laid? Have you ever played a sport? You must have a lot of f*cking time do you have on your hands if you hate everything about the Vikings and yet you are here acting like an asss. By my math you are 32 yrs old which makes this even more sick to me. Go get a hobby or try talking to an actual woman in person you dork. It may help you solve this problem with all your free time.

ps, If you need me I'll be over on the Packer board because that sounds like a lot of fun considering how much I hate that team.

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:33 AM
"Irving" wrote:

So, if I'm really pressed, I'd choose the Patriots hands down. Even if they never reach the Super Bowl again, at least they did what took to get ther and win.

Now why am I not shocked that your new favorite team has won 3 of the past 5 superbowls and the word bandwagon comes to mind? :wink:

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Mensa, judging by the foam that has most assuredly collected in the corners of your mouth, I'd have to assume that you're upset. The reason I posted here is because of A) curiosity and B) looking to see what the great unwashed think about my former favorite team. What does my age have to do with it? Were you hoping to pick on little kids? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you have to soil yourself over it. Take a Valium and go back to your internet porn.

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:39 AM
So what? Why not jump on with a good team, with a good owner and a great coach and the greatest quarterback? It beats being disappointed every year by people who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Prophet
05-03-2006, 02:43 AM
"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

I'm happy to say that I could care less about your comments. You owe my 20 seconds of my life. Thanks to our PP.O spyware, I was able to get a picture of you: Irving. (http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5162/neverkissamonkey13dr.jpg)

singersp
05-03-2006, 02:43 AM
"Irving" wrote:

So what? Why not jump on with a good team, with a good owner and a great coach and the greatest quarterback? It beats being disappointed every year by people who don't know what the hell they're doing.

You make a point. I guess I won't be dissapointed by you anymore. :wink:

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:44 AM
LOL. :lol: That's pretty good.

MensaTice
05-03-2006, 02:45 AM
I'm not upset. It just baffles me that a grown man would waste his time on a website of a team he hates. I guess without actuallt saying it you answered my question about how big of a loser you are and that you really don't have anything better to do with your time. I feel bad for you. Was I hoping to pick on little kids? I wasn't hoping to pick on anyone. I just couldn't believe that you are an adult acting so juvenile.

Irving
05-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Wait, are you a grown man? You're sitting here on the message board too. You're better than me because you like the Vikings?

MensaTice
05-03-2006, 02:56 AM
"Irving" wrote:

You're better than me because you like the Vikings?

That is not the only reason. But since you ask, I think any amount of time on an internet message board is a waste of time but it is different when its something you are interested in. Noone can really judge someone for doing something harmless that interests them. You clearly have no interest in this team and only came here to trash the them. I cannot for the life of me think of a worse way for someone to spend their time. Thats just me though. I'm done with you now.

Irving
05-03-2006, 03:00 AM
What do you mean I have no interest? Obviously I do or I wouldn't be here. A worse way to spend your time would be to live your life you pompous ass.

Braddock
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
"Irving" wrote:

Don't even try comparing this loser to the Great Tom Brady. Brady has more brains in his pinky than that Challenged Hillybilly Lover. And brains are what win football games. Jackson couldn't think his way out of a wet paper sack.

He talks like he knows T-Jack personally..... gonna be tough selling that one

Braddock
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Now, now....as much as i think it's silly he's on a forum for a team he doesn't like, let's not get our underpants in a bunch. We're grown men here, for the most part, so let's act like it. Heck, I started this thread and if we have to kill it to keep the peace, then let's do it. I'm a team player like that, no T.O. here. :)

ultravikingfan
05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

"Irving" wrote:

Don't even try comparing this loser to the Great Tom Brady. Brady has more brains in his pinky than that Challenged Hillybilly Lover. And brains are what win football games. Jackson couldn't think his way out of a wet paper sack.

He talks like he knows T-Jack personally..... gonna be tough selling that one

Don't worry. I do not think you will here from him again. :wink:

ZDoy379
05-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Irving is a punk. Kid seems like he only liked this team cuz Brad Johson was the QB. Probably didn't like them when Daunte was. If you get what I'm saying. Black or White it doesn't matter. How do you know if Tarvaris doesn't think the same way Tom Brady does. Are you Miss Cleo? No, you wouldn't even want to either because she's black. You racist douche. Get outta here. And by the way, Tarvaris could out throw that A$$ chin Tom Brady any day. Probably when he was 10 years old playing catch with his mom. That was a nice article you should read it if you haven't yet.

cajunvike
05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
So IF he DOES end up panning out and eventually becomes our starting Pro Bowl QB, will we all be singing "This is the dawning of the Age of Tarvarius...Age of Tarvarius...Tarvarius...TARVARIUS!!!" ???

That was for all of the OLD FARTS like me on the board...you young'uns can quit scratching your heads now! :lol:

MightyVikes12391
05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
this guy has some potential if he has the right coaching

PrImEtImESmooT21
05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I like this kid alot he is very mobile with a big arm. I think with the right coaching he can be very good starter for us.

whackthepack
05-03-2006, 10:35 PM
He is a Packer fan and I called him out in another thread, he is a Puke fan!

DaunteHOF
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Tarv is better cause i think of the boxer Tarver

Prophet
05-03-2006, 11:42 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

So IF he DOES end up panning out and eventually becomes our starting Pro Bowl QB, will we all be singing "This is the dawning of the Age of Tarvarius...Age of Tarvarius...Tarvarius...TARVARIUS!!!" ???

That was for all of the OLD FARTS like me on the board...you young'uns can quit scratching your heads now! :lol:

Bastard. I hate that song, now it's in my head.

jdvike
05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

So IF he DOES end up panning out and eventually becomes our starting Pro Bowl QB, will we all be singing "This is the dawning of the Age of Tarvarius...Age of Tarvarius...Tarvarius...TARVARIUS!!!" ???

That was for all of the OLD FARTS like me on the board...you young'uns can quit scratching your heads now! :lol:
:laughing3:
:sign5:

When the :bum: is in the seventh house.

singersp
05-04-2006, 12:48 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

He is a Packer fan and I called him out in another thread, he is a Puke fan!

No he wasn't. I asked Irving who his favorite team was & he said if he had to make a choice right now it would be the Patriots.

Go figure

He was a bandwagon jumper. He's on the outside looking in now. :wink:

"singersp" wrote:

"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

Who is your team of choice this year?

"Irving" wrote:

So, if I'm really pressed, I'd choose the Patriots hands down. Even if they never reach the Super Bowl again, at least they did what took to get ther and win.

cajunvike
05-04-2006, 01:05 AM
"jdvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

So IF he DOES end up panning out and eventually becomes our starting Pro Bowl QB, will we all be singing "This is the dawning of the Age of Tarvarius...Age of Tarvarius...Tarvarius...TARVARIUS!!!" ???

That was for all of the OLD FARTS like me on the board...you young'uns can quit scratching your heads now! :lol:
:laughing3:
:sign5:

When the :bum: is in the seventh house.

Good one!!! :lol:

V-Unit
05-04-2006, 01:49 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"jdvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

So IF he DOES end up panning out and eventually becomes our starting Pro Bowl QB, will we all be singing "This is the dawning of the Age of Tarvarius...Age of Tarvarius...Tarvarius...TARVARIUS!!!" ???

That was for all of the OLD FARTS like me on the board...you young'uns can quit scratching your heads now! lol
laughing3
sign5

When the bum is in the seventh house.

Good one!!! lolHahaha Cajun. I'm young and I get it!

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 01:56 AM
What happened?

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 02:35 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

He is a Packer fan and I called him out in another thread, he is a Puke fan!

No he wasn't. I asked Irving who his favorite team was & he said if he had to make a choice right now it would be the Patriots.

Go figure

He was a bandwagon jumper. He's on the outside looking in now. :wink:

"singersp" wrote:

"Irving" wrote:

I'm a reformed Vikings fan. I suffered through 26 years of pain and anguish over those losers. I'm happy to say that I've been anti-Viking for 6 years now.

Who is your team of choice this year?

"Irving" wrote:

So, if I'm really pressed, I'd choose the Patriots hands down. Even if they never reach the Super Bowl again, at least they did what took to get ther and win.


That is if he was telling the truth. I think it was another Packer troll thinking they did so well in the draft that and with Favre coming back that they are the favorites to win the division.

Remember this Packer troll he claimed he claimed he wasn't until I called him out and then he finally admitted it. Then he came up with the lame excuse that he did because vikings fans go on their websites.


"RoadGrader27" wrote:

I was just trying to prove a point some of you guys come on packer forums and start the same thing I was getting sick of it,so sorry if you don't like it and by the way I agree with some of you we probably will be cellar dwellers specially with Ted Thompson running the show

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 02:49 AM
How come he hasn't posted since then?

singersp
05-04-2006, 03:02 AM
"number34" wrote:

How come he hasn't posted since then?

Because he can't. He's on the outside looking in.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 03:03 AM
He was kicked out just because he wasn't a Vikings fan?

singersp
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
"number34" wrote:

He was kicked out just because he wasn't a Vikings fan?

No, we welcome fans of other teams for friendly banter & opinions.

He was bad mouthing people & making personal attacks which is forbidden.

It didn't matter if he was a Vikings fan or not.

The rules are the rules.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Huh. Fair enough. How about the Vikings fans who bad mouth people and make personal attacks at them...like,say,whackthepack?

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 03:34 AM
"number34" wrote:

He was kicked out just because he wasn't a Vikings fan?


Because it is easy to smell out you Packer trolls and very few have the balls to say it when the 1st come on the site, LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!

At least I respect them and like to debate them but the trolls like you I like to hammer and send home crying.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 03:39 AM
First, I've been a Vikings fan my whole life so you may need a nose..nah, go for the whole face.

Secondly, let me know when you start to "hammer" me...by the way, that sounds kinda g@y.

Thirdly, you don't seem to be debating at all, just throwing out insults because you know I'm right.

Purple Floyd
05-04-2006, 03:53 AM
My guess is in two years it will be as relevant as debating how to pronounce Spergeon Wynn today.

Braddock
05-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Why is everyone whining like a little bitch today? I should have never started this thread.

P.S. can I be an Admin? :D pleeeeease

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:02 AM
You may have a point Uffda. Unfortunately, in two years they still won't have the new parts for whackthepack's brain. Shucks.

whackthepack
05-04-2006, 04:02 AM
"number34" wrote:

First, I've been a Vikings fan my whole life so you may need a nose..nah, go for the whole face.

Secondly, let me know when you start to "hammer" me...by the way, that sounds kinda g@y.

Thirdly, you don't seem to be debating at all, just throwing out insults because you know I'm right.


Really I explained why the Vikings and Twins stadiums are a good deal for Minnesota and what did you come back with? Nothing! And quit lying about being a Viking fan, nobody that is a Viking would list Hershel as their favorite player.

Deleted_User_7689
05-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I think you're the liar. Where are your credentials as a Vikings fan, Chauncey?

viking_40
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Back to the point of the thread. it's Tarvaris and only time will tell if we need to learn how to pronounce or spell it.

Let's hope we do :O)