PDA

View Full Version : John Claytons views on the Vikings from training camp

Big C
08-10-2004, 01:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1856270

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1856172

Enjoy :)!!

Big C
08-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Also found this on Yahoo sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-extrememakeover&prov=knight&type=lgns

I just can't get enough of my Vikes!! It gives me goosebumps when these people draw parallels to the Panthers defense last year! I only hope we're as good (hopefully better)!!!

TEXPACK
08-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Good article! John Clayton is a very good reporter.

I agree especially with the statement, The Green Bay Packers aren't going to give anything to the Vikings. If the Vikings win anything the'll have to do it through Green Bay Wisconsin. If Mike Tice can form this group of individuals into a TEAM he will have achieved something. I don't see it my respect must be earned. No matter what the Vikings are owned by Red McCombs, he doesn't deserve anything.

I Say, Bring it on!

TheMaineViking
08-10-2004, 02:45 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

I agree especially with the statement, The Green Bay Packers aren't going to give anything to the Vikings. If the Vikings win anything the'll have to do it through Green Bay Wisconsin. If Mike Tice can form this group of individuals into a TEAM he will have achieved something. I don't see it my respect must be earned. No matter what the Vikings are owned by Red McCombs, he doesn't deserve anything.

I Say, Bring it on!

packers not give anything to the vikings????? last year the packers were given the playoffs. this year they won't be so lucky.

and nobody cares whether the vikings have your respect or not.

TEXPACK
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Which is it George Bush a gift or luck???

Respect must be earned.

bigdogbovy
08-10-2004, 03:06 PM
"TEXPACK" wrote:

I Say, Bring it on!

Tex you're a retard. The press has had a orgamsic crap fest for farve forever. That's the only reason the pack is mentioned. I don't see the pack having a good year. D is down graded. O is no better and Sherm is an idiot. they are stragled on the cap for years unless Brett retires. Now don;t take this like the rest of the guys here that hate the pack. I don't. I love the the NFC North. I will root for the pack on any day it doesn;t effect the vikes. But the optomisim for the pack this year is completely manufactured. It's not based on anything substantial.

TEXPACK
08-10-2004, 03:46 PM
So, your predicting a Viking Sweep of the Packers this year??

LosAngelis
08-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Okay, I ...whoops. Ummmm... Sorry, guys, I totally lost the flow of the conversation there, as I was focusing way too hard on "orgasmic crap fest". It's quite a visual.

TEXPACK
08-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Los,

BigDog was speaking of his conception! (RE: "orgasmic Crap Fest")

triedandtruevikesfan
08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Okay, I ...whoops. Ummmm... Sorry, guys, I totally lost the flow of the conversation there, as I was focusing way too hard on "orgasmic crap fest". It's quite a visual.

LOL!!! Only you Los would choose the focus on that!!!

vikingsalltheway
08-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Who gives a crap right now about the packer games! It's 3 months from now. Did it ever occur there are 14 other games other than those two we need to worry about. The point is we cant be worrying about what GB does. I mean who cares about them. I only care about the vikes and if they win it makes my day but yes GB losing to us is awesome!!! We need to worry about da boys off hand and hope the rest of the division loses while we win!

LosAngelis
08-10-2004, 05:59 PM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

Who gives a crap right now about the packer games! It's 3 months from now.

Ahem. That's "Who gives an orgasmic crap fest right now about the packer games!" to you, mister! Get it right!

Chicago Mike
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
I know I give a crap about the Vikes at Puckers, cause I got tix,
and I'm hoping we pull one out there.

Can be done. Did it last yr., so you know their gonna want to repay us,
if they can.

By then though, we should have a nice Div. lead! :thumbright:

Color me PUMPED & POSITIVE! :cheers:

ItalianStallion
08-10-2004, 07:23 PM
They will probably split the series again, lets face it.

vikingsalltheway
08-10-2004, 08:59 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

They will probably split the series again, lets face it.

Thats what im thinking but we will stomp them for sure on christmas eve.

vikingsalltheway
08-10-2004, 09:00 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Ahem. That's "Who gives an orgasmic crap fest right now about the packer games!" to you, mister! Get it right!

WTF are you talking about Los anglelis?

hawaiianvike21
08-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Jeeze what happened to john claytons article of camp. All of a sudden this turns into a trash the pack thread. :lol: :roll:

dart18
08-10-2004, 10:32 PM
i enjoyed his article, it was truthful and good for the most part.

2fat4uVike
08-10-2004, 11:13 PM
OHHHH!!! YES!!!!!!!
It will be a Grand Christmas Eve :santa: watchin the Vikes stomp the Green has Beens
4 Straight days of F-ball @ Christmas time, 24th, 25th ,26th, and 27th :santa:
Let the season begin already!!! sheesh :sunny:

vikingsalltheway
08-11-2004, 12:41 AM
"2fat4uVike" wrote:

OHHHH!!! YES!!!!!!!
It will be a Grand Christmas Eve :santa: watchin the Vikes stomp the Green has Beens
4 Straight days of F-ball @ Christmas time, 24th, 25th ,26th, and 27th :santa:
Let the season begin already!!! sheesh :sunny:

Like i said who cares about the packer games. We have 14 other games to worry about. Actually i will care about the Packer games when they come but we have more fricking games to worry about!!!

Big C
08-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Man I can't wait till the season begins!! I am so expectantly waiting to see our Defense play. Yesterday coach Tice mentioned that there looking at getting Bennet the ball more on pass plays cos if he can break a tackle or two he can go all the way. I think that's VERY smart!!!

Hey, does anyone know if they are showing the Viking/Card pre-season game in Superior, WI? My sister-in-law lives there and has been contracted with taping all the Viking games and sending them to me (I live in Chicago). I'm hoping they show the Vikes pre-season games there cos then I don't have to wait another month to see some purple action!! They do show the regular season games over there.

josdin00
08-11-2004, 11:03 AM
"Big C" wrote:

Man I can't wait till the season begins!! I am so expectantly waiting to see our Defense play. Yesterday coach Tice mentioned that there looking at getting Bennet the ball more on pass plays cos if he can break a tackle or two he can go all the way. I think that's VERY smart!!!

Hey, does anyone know if they are showing the Viking/Card pre-season game in Superior, WI? My sister-in-law lives there and has been contracted with taping all the Viking games and sending them to me (I live in Chicago). I'm hoping they show the Vikes pre-season games there cos then I don't have to wait another month to see some purple action!! They do show the regular season games over there.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7512016

The NFL network is showing all of the preseason games, most of them on tape delay. If neither you nor your sister-in-law gets that channel, find someone else who does. (the broadcast schedule is linked above)

UTVikfan
08-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I SERIOUSLY contemplated buying those packages to the 24th game. I decided no. The other day, I got told by a packer fan at the counter..."yeah, well, that won't be a good game, ...remember the Packers/Denver game last year?" Wow, one of us is likely to be there already, the other gets to play the 2nd and 3rd string. Sweep? I hope we don't need to. =D. Clayton is awesome, this season really, really needs to start, before I go crazy.

vikingsalltheway
08-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey guys do you think we'll take Philly in Philly

TEXPACK
08-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I do not.

They will blitz the crap out of Daunte. McNabb is most dangerous when flushed from the pocket. T.O. will be gaming.

Philly 21 Vikings 17

casper
08-11-2004, 12:46 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

LA you are to dam funny dude thanks man, I had to wipe the coffee of the screen AGAIN... :headbang: :director: orgasmic crap fest :downtown: where does he come up with this stuff :shaking:

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 01:17 PM
:oops: lol... its a good thing that I'm no so girly that I would be offended by that little smiley there casper!! (I find it funny actually) :angel13:

muchluv4smoot
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Hey guys do you think we'll take Philly in Philly

That will be, without a doubt, our toughest game of the year. It is good that it is on monday night. Moss has his best games on national TV. It will be a close game. Much tougher than the cowgirls in week one.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Its definately going to be a game where my heart is going to be in danger. (I think I take games way too seriously) but I believe that as long as we can contain their offense we should be able to win the game. I'm not worried overly much about their D.