PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Jackson in a slash role for year 1?

umaguma1979
04-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Thoughts?

shockzilla
04-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know - I think they drafted him as a QB to groom to replace Brad Johnson in a couple of years...

boognish
04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I'd personally rather see him carrying around the clipboard, perhaps calling in plays for Big Johnson and just immersing himself in the QB position.

He's raw to begin with so I just think he needs to focus on being a QB in the NFL as much as possible.

snowinapril
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
IMHO

NO, if we wanted slash, we should have picked McNeil or Robinson. Our QBs need to learn on the sideline. We need a coach to work with Tarvarius one on one kind of like the did for Boller with Jim Fassell. There are probably some better examples, but you get what I am saying. Someone to tutor him on every play from the sideline.

PurplePeopleEaters89
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
This guy is specificly drafted to replace BJ in a year or so!!! Hopefully he can improve to take over for him when he is ready to leave!

snowinapril
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

This guy is specificly drafted to replace BJ in a year or so!!! Hopefully he can improve to take over for him when he is ready to leave!

Also a kick in the BUTT to JT and Mike that if you want to do anything in this league, you better prove it fast.

stjmnsota
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Jackson won't amount to squat. Obviously the Vikes are looking toward the future for a QB not now. Maybe when Schaub becomes a free agent next year or some better talent comes out of the draft. I don't know why the Vikes even wasted a pick on him.

ultravikingfan
04-30-2006, 08:27 PM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

Thoughts?

Personally, when I open a thread such as this I am expecting to see the author's (your) thoughts.

boognish
04-30-2006, 08:31 PM
"stjmnsota" wrote:

Jackson won't amount to squat. Obviously the Vikes are looking toward the future for a QB not now. Maybe when Schaub becomes a free agent next year or some better talent comes out of the draft. I don't know why the Vikes even wasted a pick on him.

You're an idiot. None of us know how Jackson is going to perform in the League. I have a feeling you'll be the first one on the bandwagon if he does succeed though.

Ltrey33
04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't mind it. I think it would be cool to line him up in the slot or as a running back and use him for some trick plays.

ultravikingfan
04-30-2006, 08:38 PM
"boognish" wrote:

"stjmnsota" wrote:

You're an idiot. None of us know how Jackson is going to perform in the League. I have a feeling you'll be the first one on the bandwagon if he does succeed though.

Now, now. There are better ways of getting your point across rather than resorting to personal attacks.

Try a funny photo. :wink:

Prophet
04-30-2006, 08:42 PM
"umaguma1979" wrote:

Thoughts?

I was going to comment on your comparisons, but you didn't give me much to work with.

thanatoschristou
04-30-2006, 08:43 PM
How can anyone disrespect Childress's view on qbs. Freaking guy, look at who he has worked with and what he has done even if they do trade them. He gets good draft picks even if they do not stay with the team.

boognish
04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"boognish" wrote:

"stjmnsota" wrote:

Now, now. There are better ways of getting your point across rather than resorting to personal attacks.

Point taken; sorry about that. I'm just getting frustrated with all the negativity I'm hearing from fellow "fans". Truth is, none of us will know whether or not this draft is a success until we see these guys on the field.

I'd better take a break. I'm going fishing for Kokanee. Wish me luck.

V-Unit
04-30-2006, 08:58 PM
No No No slash role!!!! Those guys never turn into solid franchise QBs and that is what Jackson needs to be with us. Yes he is athletic, agile, and fast, but if you watch the highlight videos he is always a pass first, run as a last resort kind of guy. Most of the scrambling he did was either after he escaped a sack or on a designed run. I hope Childress will cut those run plays out of Jackson's style and develop him as a pure pocket passer. If we needed another WR or another RB, we would have drafted one.

ultravikingfan
04-30-2006, 08:58 PM
:grin: "boognish" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"boognish" wrote:

"stjmnsota" wrote:

Point taken; sorry about that. I'm just getting frustrated with all the negativity I'm hearing from fellow "fans". Truth is, none of us will know whether or not this draft is a success until we see these guys on the field.

I'd better take a break. I'm going fishing for Kokanee. Wish me luck.

Its alright man. No matter who we draft some people are just not happy; and that's okay. None of us are experts, but some think they are. And then there are some who only show-up when there is controversy and chaos.

Have fun fishing.

farvathevikinglover
04-30-2006, 09:01 PM
"boognish" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"boognish" wrote:

"stjmnsota" wrote:

Try a funny photo. wink

I'd better take a break. I'm going fishing for Kokanee. Wish me luck.yeah. NOBODY EVER KNOWS if a qb will for sure be good in the nfl or not! That's why there are first round busts like leaf and couch, because you just NEVER KNOW, especially with QBs!

ranasrule
04-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Jackson will be just fine inshallah !

WinonaVike
04-30-2006, 09:42 PM
"thanatoschristou" wrote:

How can anyone disrespect Childress's view on qbs. Freaking guy, look at who he has worked with and what he has done even if they do trade them. He gets good draft picks even if they do not stay with the team.

Examples.... i guess your post kind of confuses me, who did he draft? I think Andy Reid controlled most of that

With that said i think they did an ok job in the draft, i guess we will see about 3 years down the road and find out how these guys pan out.

As for slash, i think he was drafted to be a qb, i doubt we will see him in any ohter role.

bigdaddy72_1
04-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Jackson will not be a victim of the slash role. I think that the coaching staff will be working with him so that he can take some snaps in the preseason, but other than that he will be watching film and talking to Johnson and McMahon about the offense. I think that this is a great situation for him to develop into a strong and dependable qb for the team's future.

ThePurpleCow
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
This guy reminded childress of Mcnabb he wont slash him

BBQ Platypus
05-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Slashes are for Deion Sanders and college kids with ADD (or who just have a LOT of trouble making decisions). It doesn't work out in the NFL.

PurpleRide
05-01-2006, 01:47 AM
One reasaon they could have drafted this guy was the fact only first rounders and a few second rounders hold out(unless your a pothead..O.Smith) They could get this guy in winter park asap and start working on him. I like this pick more and more, I hope they make him a solid all around QB not just a "pocket passer" Its an off the wall assumption, but you never know.

umaguma1979
05-01-2006, 01:49 AM
It seems Jackson is considered raw - coming from a small school. the scouts are critical of his mechanics, but a lot of Qbs have bad mechanics, Elway, Farve, Cunningham, George, Gannon, etc. It seems getting him into the game on a situational basis will help him feel the speed of the game. After reading some of points of other posters I tend to agree with them; TJ was drafted to be a Qb.

SharperVikings
05-01-2006, 02:09 AM
I think that if jackson had gone to a bigger school, he would have been a bigger prospect. I've watched a video on him, and I see that he has the ability to pull down and run, and he also has a rocket of an arm! According to these scouts, everyone seems to have bad mechanics! I think that this is the perfect project for childress, and I think that jackson will turn out great! We will have a nice qb in our hands in the next year or so!

collegeguyjeff
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
i don't understand why people say jackson is raw when people are amazed with how natural he looks. just cause he didn't have all star talent around him like leinart and young don't mean he isn't nearly as good.

SharperVikings
05-01-2006, 03:25 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i don't understand why people say jackson is raw when people are amazed with how natural he looks. just cause he didn't have all star talent around him like leinart and young don't mean he isn't nearly as good.

No Kidding! I agree! He came from a Division I-AA School, and didnt have near the talent that Young or Leinart did! Putting Koren and Williamson and Taylor around him, along with a nice o-line and running game, he should be great!