PDA

View Full Version : Which new vikings jersey will be the most popular ?



CalifornianVikingz
04-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Which player's jersey will be sold the most with the new jersey design, like someone said before in one of the threads, it looks good on slim players but not on heavy set players. Not sure if it true, but would liked to know if you think so. I, myself am skinny but doensn't really matter how it looks on me, as long as I am representing my team.
I am planning to buy a new jersey and leaning towards Sharper and Winfield. I dont really care for who as long as that player remains a viking for years to come. Players that are known not third string punters j/k

What player would you choose ?

Warp
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Hmm thats a tough question about whos jersey will be the most popular.Mostly because we lost the big names "Moss" and "Culpepper" but if i had to guess on which jeresy will be the most popular this year id say Sharper or K.Williams.

Mr-holland
04-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Brad johnson-Matt Birk.
two jerseys i ordered

jaymz7
04-28-2006, 09:16 AM
I think K-Rob or Taylors since they will be around a while.

Zeus
04-28-2006, 03:09 PM
"CalifornianVikingz" wrote:

What player would you choose ?

Well, I'm heading over to the MoA at lunch today to buy one (especially now that I see that replicas are available, rather than authentics - cheaper!) and I'm torn between P. Williams and K. Robinson.

My prediction for early season sales success (of the ones available - see here: http://vikingmerchandise.com/vikings/customer/home.php?cat=9) is this order:

1. Birk
2. Sharper
3. K. Robinson
4. B. Johnson
5. K. Williams
6. P. Williams
7. Kleinsasser
8. C. Taylor
9. Wiggins
10. Moore (how did Mewelde get in here?)

Most shocking that they don't have:
1. Winfield
2. McKinney
3. Hutchinson
4. Kluwe
5. Longwell

I have to assume those will come later.

=Z=

viking_40
04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
It could all depend on who we draft!

Del Rio
04-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I think it will be Troy Williamson.

VKG4LFE
04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I can't believe they don't have a Winfield one!! That's what I would buy if I could afford one. Williamson will probably sell the most though.

VikesfaninWis
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
I will have to say it will be out of

Birk

Hutchinson

K-Rob

Sharper

happy camper
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
i was at the mall of american last night for a long time.

and i can tell you.. sharper was by far the most popular. with koren in a distant second with maybe kevin williams and wiggins as honorable mentions.

(notice brad johnson was absent from my list)

Del Rio
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

i was at the mall of american last night for a long time.

and i can tell you.. sharper was by far the most popular. with koren in a distant second with maybe kevin williams and wiggins as honorable mentions.

(notice brad johnson was absent from my list)

Who the hell wants a Brad Johnson jersey!? lol

That's why I love the guy, he has wins, he has records, and still no one wants to buy his shitty jersey.

Ltrey33
04-28-2006, 04:24 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

i was at the mall of american last night for a long time.

and i can tell you.. sharper was by far the most popular. with koren in a distant second with maybe kevin williams and wiggins as honorable mentions.

(notice brad johnson was absent from my list)

Who the hell wants a Brad Johnson jersey!? lol

That's why I love the guy, he has wins, he has records, and still no one wants to buy his poohie jersey.

I want one! :lol: I have one from back in '97 actually. Who I get depends on who we draft. If we draft Cutler or Croyle or someone like that I want their jersey. Otherwise, I might go and get a Brad jersey!

V-Unit
04-28-2006, 04:55 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

i was at the mall of american last night for a long time.

and i can tell you.. sharper was by far the most popular. with koren in a distant second with maybe kevin williams and wiggins as honorable mentions.

(notice brad johnson was absent from my list)

Who the hell wants a Brad Johnson jersey!? lol

That's why I love the guy, he has wins, he has records, and still no one wants to buy his poohie jersey.

I want one! lol I have one from back in '97 actually. Who I get depends on who we draft. If we draft Cutler or Croyle or someone like that I want their jersey. Otherwise, I might go and get a Brad jersey!I don't think its an issue of his performance on the field. I think Brad is a solid football player and trust him at the helm, but he is old. He's got two years left in him max and why would I put a 75 dollar jersey on the shelf after two years when I could wear it for four more if I got a different player?

There are three types of players I avoid when buying jerseys:
1. Soon to be retirees
2. Soon to be free agents
3. Rookies

Del Rio
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

i was at the mall of american last night for a long time.

and i can tell you.. sharper was by far the most popular. with koren in a distant second with maybe kevin williams and wiggins as honorable mentions.

(notice brad johnson was absent from my list)

Who the hell wants a Brad Johnson jersey!? lol

That's why I love the guy, he has wins, he has records, and still no one wants to buy his poohie jersey.

I want one! lol I have one from back in '97 actually. Who I get depends on who we draft. If we draft Cutler or Croyle or someone like that I want their jersey. Otherwise, I might go and get a Brad jersey!I don't think its an issue of his performance on the field. I think Brad is a solid football player and trust him at the helm, but he is old. He's got two years left in him max and why would I put a 75 dollar jersey on the shelf after two years when I could wear it for four more if I got a different player?

There are three types of players I avoid when buying jerseys:
1. Soon to be retirees
2. Soon to be free agents
3. Rookies

I would buy that, except even though when Tampa won the superbowl there were a lot of NEW tampa bay fans around I have never seen a B. Johnson jersey on anyone other then B. Johnson lol.

NodakPaul
04-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I am thinking about getting a Sharper Jersey, in addition to whoever is our first draft pick this year. I may get the Sharper away jersey, and it will be the first away jersey I have ever owned...

Zeus
04-28-2006, 05:25 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I am thinking about getting a Sharper Jersey, in addition to whoever is our first draft pick this year. I may get the Sharper away jersey, and it will be the first away jersey I have ever owned...

I'm wearing my JimmyK away jersey right now at work!

=Z=

NodakPaul
04-28-2006, 05:25 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

There are three types of players I avoid when buying jerseys:
1. Soon to be retirees
2. Soon to be free agents
3. Rookies

I avoid FAs who I think might leave, but I like retirees and rookies. It is cool when you have either the rookie season jersey or the final season jersey of an NFL great.

2beersTommy
04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V-Unit" wrote:

There are three types of players I avoid when buying jerseys:
1. Soon to be retirees
2. Soon to be free agents
3. Rookies

I avoid FAs who I think might leave, but I like retirees and rookies. It is cool when you have either the rookie season jersey or the final season jersey of an NFL great.

might want to throw spliff hitters onto that list as well.

mr.woo
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
probally k-rob. or taylor,chester

2beersTommy
04-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I'd have to say Hutch or Taylor

countrygirl
04-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I want a new k rob 81 jersey

Zeus
04-28-2006, 07:42 PM
"CalifornianVikingz" wrote:

Which player's jersey will be sold the most with the new jersey design

According to the guy at the Vikings store in the MoA, #1 is Koren Robinson, #2 is Darren Sharper. He said they were fast running out of KRob's jerseys.

On the flip side, they have Smoot jerseys in the new colors and he said he'd only sold a couple.

And I still don't get why they have Mewelde Moore and not Antoine Winfield. When I asked the guy, he said they had a choice of which ones they could stock and they chose NOT to get Winfield because he wasn't a big seller last year.

I got #94 P. Williams.

=Z=

WinonaVike
04-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I plan on getting a K Rob jersey eventually

NodakPaul
04-28-2006, 07:48 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"V-Unit" wrote:

There are three types of players I avoid when buying jerseys:
1. Soon to be retirees
2. Soon to be free agents
3. Rookies

I avoid FAs who I think might leave, but I like retirees and rookies. It is cool when you have either the rookie season jersey or the final season jersey of an NFL great.

might want to throw spliff hitters onto that list as well.

LOL. Man do I feel old all of a sudden. I had to google "spliff"... :oops:

JDogg926
04-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I was wondering that myself.

Which jersey should I get now?

Just last year I purchased home and away Culpepper jerseys figuring he was the franchise quarterback, had just signed an extension, was coming off a great season, etc.

I may wait a while til purchasing one now, especially with the $75 price tag. Although, I may get a K-Rob or Brad Johnson. Sharper's an option, too. Or maybe I'll go custom.

Purple D
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I want a new Greenway jersey.

Maybe a Cutler one.

Zeus
04-28-2006, 07:56 PM
"JDogg926" wrote:

I was wondering that myself.

Which jersey should I get now?

Just last year I purchased home and away Culpepper jerseys figuring he was the franchise quarterback, had just signed an extension, was coming off a great season, etc.

I may wait a while til purchasing one now, especially with the $75 price tag. Although, I may get a K-Rob or Brad Johnson. Sharper's an option, too. Or maybe I'll go custom.

Well - custom will be $225, I believe. The old ones are selling for half-price now at the Vikes store (and probably most online stores, too). You won't be able to find a new-style one for less than $75 (retail) until after the 2006 season.

=Z=

JellyBean2144
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
K Boogie Robinson
Brad Johnson
After that it becomes the Defense, take your pick. But I think that K "Boogie" will be tops. And Brad will be next.

CalifornianVikingz
04-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks for your opinion's, it seems Koren Robinson wins in a landslide, but with williamson & sharper in near sight, which I am picking. I am suprised that most stores dont have winfield due to him not selling great last year.

vikesoto
04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
My guess would be Brad Johnson....

You have alot of people out there that "say" they like the Vikings, but don't know many players...???

Alot of fair-weathered fans will want to have the "QB's" jersey....

cajunvike
04-29-2006, 01:09 AM
The guy that leads us to the Super Bowl championship!

You didn't say when the final total would be tabulated! :lol:

vIker44
04-29-2006, 02:35 AM
"CalifornianVikingz" wrote:

Which player's jersey will be sold the most with the new jersey design, like someone said before in one of the threads, it looks good on slim players but not on heavy set players. Not sure if it true, but would liked to know if you think so. I, myself am skinny but doensn't really matter how it looks on me, as long as I am representing my team.
I am planning to buy a new jersey and leaning towards Sharper and Winfield. I dont really care for who as long as that player remains a viking for years to come. Players that are known not third string punters j/k

What player would you choose ?

I would hope Omar Jacobs, but we'll probably be stuck with Crodie Boyle....

Perch56
04-30-2006, 04:59 PM
WIGGINS, he ia awesome

singersp
04-30-2006, 05:38 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

Most shocking that they don't have:
1. Winfield
2. McKinney
3. Hutchinson
4. Kluwe
5. Longwell

I have to assume those will come later.

=Z=

Hutchinsons will be out in a few weeks & will be a hot seller.

I asked them why they didn't have him yet. What's taking so long is that it took Hutch awhile to aquire Lewinski's number from him, which he finally did, so they will be out in a few weeks.

Hutch & P-Will will be my next two that I buy.

I bought a Birk & a K-Rob at the MOA last Friday.

Kliensasser & Paul Krause were there signing autographs & they were the 1st to sign my full size replica helmet.

dr feelgood
04-30-2006, 05:49 PM
After much thought, I'm going custom. K-Rob was well represented yesterday at the draft party. Players come and go but, Dr. Feelgood ain't ever leaving the Vikes.

Zeus
04-30-2006, 11:20 PM
"dr feelgood" wrote:

After much thought, I'm going custom. K-Rob was well represented yesterday at the draft party. Players come and go but, Dr. Feelgood ain't ever leaving the Vikes.

Rules Regarding the Wearing of Jerseys:
http://www.insidestl.com/stlsports/index.php?storyid=203

"4.) Clever Names Aren’t Clever

When you take a jersey out into a stadium that is partially filled with beer drinking monkeys, as any baseball stadium is, you’re bound to run into a tough crowd. It’s precisely this reason that going the humorous route is not a good move when finishing your uniform.

Trying names like “Your Daddy” and “JimmyLegs” on the back of your jersey is guaranteed to rile up the people who don’t like their precious team’s uniforms messed with. Deservedly so.

One reason for this phenomenon is that a general lack of conformity is bound to rub some people the wrong way; it’s tough to please a whole stadium full of different personalities. The main reason however is that 90% of the time you think you’re putting something funny on your jersey, you’re wrong.

Either you’ll realize when you get mocked at the stadium by people cheering for the same team as you, or a few years later when you figure out that you ruined a perfectly good jersey because one day you thought stitching “Pull Ho’s” on the back of it would be sweet. "

:la:

=Z=

snowinapril
05-01-2006, 01:08 AM
IMO
I think Brad will be the hot seller this year. He has a fan base from the previous years and he will be the popular guy again this year.

FavreSucks!
05-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Our two Pro Bowlers and our first round pick.

1.Darren Sharper
2.Chad Greenway
3.Koren Robinson

Mr Anderson
05-01-2006, 01:22 AM
This year Sharper, although I might go K-Will.

In a few years, Griffin and Blue.

wilson
05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
I really wanted a Winfield one, i cant believe I hafta wait. I wonder how long...

MaddenVodkaAddict
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Mr. Smoot.