PDA

View Full Version : Vote on da new joiseys, part two!

Muggsy
04-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Ok, ok, I'll play fair.

mnvikes61
04-28-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm a fan of the original tradition that the Vikings had. The NFC North had the old school uniforms that still look awesome to this day and today the North lost one of those uniforms.

Ltrey33
04-28-2006, 03:17 AM
I like em! I like the tradition with the old ones, but it doesn't bother me one bit that they changed them. They're great, IMO.

ViKing24
04-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Ya ya gatsta add da new flavor do the p to the p jerseys. Ya kno wha I meen these are DO double G dag straight awesome. Just makes are team look alot better. Don't be hatin be appreciatin of the new unis ja all. Peace out.

VikesfaninWis
04-28-2006, 03:22 AM
I myself love the new uni's... It is nice that Wilf is putting his own touches on his team.. Those purple pants look awesome with the white jersey's. I am glad that they didn't go all purple, but the white with purple looks great.

The horn on the helmets also looks really good. We have to agree on one thing. They didn't do away with the color purple, and they didn't change the logo on the helmets. We have a horn now that actually looks like a horn. I also love the norsemen on the back of the jersey, and the Vikings spelled across the front. Great choice, I like them alot.

FuadFan
04-28-2006, 03:34 AM
I like them and plan to try to get a home and away jersey if I can before the season starts.

Zeus
04-28-2006, 03:37 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:

I like them and plan to try to get a home and away jersey if I can before the season starts.

They're a lot better than they could have been - and I think I'm not alone in thinking "Whew - they left the helmets alone."

=Z=
(Gonna hit the MoA tomorrow to check them out!)

SharperImage42
04-28-2006, 03:43 AM
"mnvikes61" wrote:

I'm a fan of the original tradition that the Vikings had. The NFC North had the old school uniforms that still look awesome to this day and today the North lost one of those uniforms.

well the pack stayed the sameso did da bears, but the vikes and lions changd, so did the bucs so that really cant be a big deal in this

ultravikingfan
04-28-2006, 03:44 AM
I like the new digs!

OregonViking
04-28-2006, 03:44 AM
Nice Uniforms! I think I just threw up in my own mouth.

BadlandsVikings
04-28-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm please that the new uniforms are nothing to drastic, yeah I like the old ones a whole lot better, and I am glad the horn stayed on the helmet.

eelpout72
04-28-2006, 03:47 AM
The jersey is okay but I dont like the pants. Its too much trying to match the pattern of the jersey into the pants. Its too busy.

lewdawg99
04-28-2006, 03:49 AM
"Muggsy" wrote:

Ok, ok, I'll play fair.
are you a cave man by chance?

ultravikingfan
04-28-2006, 03:52 AM
"lewdawg99" wrote:

"Muggsy" wrote:

Ok, ok, I'll play fair.

No...he is a mobster.

COJOMAY
04-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Well, they are better than the Packers new jerseys!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/truecoat/Favre.jpg

arrested_developer
04-28-2006, 04:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"lewdawg99" wrote:

"Muggsy" wrote:

Ok, ok, I'll play fair.

No...he is a mobster.

I thought this was a Vikings forum, not a role playing game. I never got a chance to pretend to be someone!

mrviking28
04-28-2006, 04:06 AM
I dont give a **ck if they play in purple undies as long as they win.

mnvikes61
04-28-2006, 04:16 AM
"SharperImage42" wrote:

"mnvikes61" wrote:

well the pack stayed the sameso did da bears, but the vikes and lions changd, so did the bucs so that really cant be a big deal in this
Tampa Bay isn't part of the NFC North first off. Second I never once said I like the way the Lions jerseys look, also the Lions have never had a great tradition so I didn't care when they changed their jerseys. I'd be mad if Chicago or Green Bay changed their jerseys because we were the last division to give into this flashy new trend. Chicago, Green Bay and Minnesota all have great traditions, I just don't see the need to change.

audioghost
04-28-2006, 04:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"lewdawg99" wrote:

"Muggsy" wrote:

Ok, ok, I'll play fair.

No...he is a mobster.

He's like, the Purple Pride version of Steve the Pirate....

"Oi, P.P.O's da only place foe Mugz, y'know?"

j/k...hehehe

threepete21
04-28-2006, 04:24 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

http//i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/truecoat/Favre.jpgAmen, always thought Favre would look good in pink. Throw a touch of grass stain in there from our boys sacking next year and the Pack has a real winner of a jersey

carta4eva
04-28-2006, 04:25 AM
The new jerseys lack tradition, but the beginning of a new era (an era sure to see many championships) needs a new look, so I guess it could be worse.

Muggsy
04-28-2006, 04:27 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

:lol:

vikinggreg
04-28-2006, 04:37 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

now I have to clean the cola off my monitor that shot out my nose :lol:

Json
04-28-2006, 04:48 AM
I think the new jerseys are pimpin. It's a new era folks, and I love the flavor Wilf as illustrated into the franchise. I'll be buying my new jersey shortly.

Formo
04-28-2006, 05:00 AM
I won't say they are BETTER than last years jerseys, but change is good. So those of you that don't like it.. Suck it up. =)

I, personally, love them. It gives us a new visual flare, and with us being in a few Nationally televised games this year, we'll look extra ordinarily good.

Braddock
04-28-2006, 05:04 AM
"Muggsy" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

roflcopter

bigdaddy72_1
04-28-2006, 05:17 AM
I personally think that the new uniforms class up the team, I mean come on the old jerseys were a purple sweater with a couple of stripes on them. They looked like they had to go the the thrift store to get there uniforms. If you think that it in some ways is an insult or something, I ask you this; Do you were the same style of cloths that your parents did? Are bell bottoms cool? I mean come on, times change, and not keeping up simply makes you look like someone who rides the short bus to school.

The uniforms look sharp. They have a fast look to them, which fits our team. Go Vikes.

BadlandsVikings
04-28-2006, 05:20 AM
"Braddock" wrote:

"Muggsy" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

roflcopter

Does this mean the new name is My Little Green Bay Ponies?

Webby
04-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Video coverage from the event is on the home page under Video News...check it out.

JellyBean2144
04-28-2006, 07:35 AM
I aint about to lie, they look weak as all get up. My first reaction was... :shock: Then after I left the MOA, my reaction was... :???: By the time I got home, I was like....whatever, I am a Viking fan. I have been with the crew for almost or well over 30 years. I got season tickets from my grandfather, I aint going anywhere. So I will get over it and move on.

So, to the new hookups, I will wear them with pride. And too many happy years that the new uniforms will bring to the great state of Minnesota. Hey if the Bucs, Broncos, and Pats can win a Super Bowl with new uniforms, we surely can, as well. TO the new Uniforms...Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

Mr-holland
04-28-2006, 07:40 AM
I love the purple pants under the away jersey.
also i'm verry positive about Birk talking 'bout the new uniforms.
Go vikes!

Benet
04-28-2006, 07:53 AM
I like the new uniforms.

That's about all I have to say on the subject.

jaymz7
04-28-2006, 08:50 AM
I like them. They needed to update the uniforms.

As far as tradition the horns, colors purple and gold, and the norseman are all on the uniforms still so the tradition lives on.

Warp
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Love the new uniforms! :grin:

OregonViking
04-28-2006, 06:32 PM
The new cheerleader jerseys look like they'll be fabulous, and you can put on some purple and gold glitter with a little "I (heart) Vikings" painted on your cheek and have your mom pick you up in the minivan after the game with your friends from the gymnastics squad.

Oh, wait, those are the PLAYER uniforms? :evil:

It's a New Era alright, of revenue generation. Getting the entire Minnesota Viking world to buy all new jerseys is an enormous cash cow. This isn't about style or new eras or anything else. It's about money.

What's the deal with the pinched shoulders on the back? Is it supposed to be reminiscent of horns? It just makes it look like it fits really ridiculously tight. And I can only guess they are supposed to look cool from the sides, with that huge white sidewall like a car from the early 50's when they thought that looked cool. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much white on the home jersey. At least the Broncos and Bucs managed to pull off their designs and make them look good and tough.

WTF didn't they focus group these? At least get our input, like they did with naming the new Hockey team, but they can still do their own thing. Even here, in Viking Land, people are only willing to accept these uniforms because there is no choice, so you might as well jump on the band wagon. I guess. Wouldn't it be great if they bothered to ask you what you like, rather than having someone design it and then tell you what you're going to get?

If I buy another jersey, it will be a throwback. Purple with white numbers. I fully expected that is the direction they would go, with Brad Childress bringing back the Bud Grant sense of duty and honor to the team and the players they bring into Minnesota.

I can only hope you all boycott these ugly things so I won't have to look at them everywhere and they will stop and wonder, gee, maybe we should think about our decisions that require FAN buy-in before we insist on being the sole Decider. But, whatever.

Go Vikes!

VKG4LFE
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I like the new uni's but I hate the purple pants!

2beersTommy
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
"Benet" wrote:

I like the new uniforms.

That's about all I have to say on the subject.

nuff said ..I agree

NodakPaul
04-28-2006, 06:52 PM
"OregonViking" wrote:

The new cheerleader jerseys look like they'll be fabulous, and you can put on some purple and gold glitter with a little "I (heart) Vikings" painted on your cheek and have your mom pick you up in the minivan after the game with your friends from the gymnastics squad.

Oh, wait, those are the PLAYER uniforms? :evil:

It's a New Era alright, of revenue generation. Getting the entire Minnesota Viking world to buy all new jerseys is an enormous cash cow. This isn't about style or new eras or anything else. It's about money.

What's the deal with the pinched shoulders on the back? Is it supposed to be reminiscent of horns? It just makes it look like it fits really ridiculously tight. And I can only guess they are supposed to look cool from the sides, with that huge white sidewall like a car from the early 50's when they thought that looked cool. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much white on the home jersey. At least the Broncos and Bucs managed to pull off their designs and make them look good and tough.

WTF didn't they focus group these? At least get our input, like they did with naming the new Hockey team, but they can still do their own thing. Even here, in Viking Land, people are only willing to accept these uniforms because there is no choice, so you might as well jump on the band wagon. I guess. Wouldn't it be great if they bothered to ask you what you like, rather than having someone design it and then tell you what you're going to get?

If I buy another jersey, it will be a throwback. Purple with white numbers. I fully expected that is the direction they would go, with Brad Childress bringing back the Bud Grant sense of duty and honor to the team and the players they bring into Minnesota.

I can only hope you all boycott these ugly things so I won't have to look at them everywhere and they will stop and wonder, gee, maybe we should think about our decisions that require FAN buy-in before we insist on being the sole Decider. But, whatever.

Go Vikes!

So... just because you don't like them, you don't want anybody else to buy them either? :roll:

I respect you opinion, but how do you know they didn't focus group them? Just because Zygi himself didn't call you on the phone.. in Oregon... and ask your opinion doesn't mean that research didn't go into them. I honestly don't know if they focused it or not; I am in North Dakota, and they probably wouldn't use me either. I will be disappointed if they didn't, but I am not going to bitch about the organization if I don't know all the facts.

I do like the new uniforms, and it doesn't mean I am "jumping on the bandwagon". It means that I actually like them. In case you didn't notice, so do the majority of other Vikings fans (look at the Skol Poll to the right. There is also a poll on the CoD site in which they have more likes than dislikes.

And finally, yes, money did have something to do with it. We all know that Zygi is just interested in making money, right? That is why he had such an amazing profit last year. What was it again, oh yeah, $10 milliion in the hole! How can you say that everything is about revenue generation when Zygi is puttin gmore money into the Vikings than he is getting out. I hope he does turn a profit with the uniforms. He deserves it. Maybe I'll buy two... to make up for the one you wont be getting. :wink:

Slade
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
I like em'

~ Funny pic, COJOMAY

BigMoInAZ
04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
http://www.pukeplanet.com/pukeimages/toilet_puke.jpg

JM2CW

vIker44
04-29-2006, 02:29 AM
I'll probably get used to them with time... but I a$k, why??? I gue$$ I'll never know the an$wer to that que$tion............

NodakPaul
04-29-2006, 02:47 AM
Looking at this poll, 71% think the uniform is good or great (or in Mugsy speak, not bad or loves it). Not a big surprise to me...

WBLVikeBabe
04-29-2006, 02:50 AM
I have to say that when people were posting pics of what the jerseys would look like before they unveiled them I didn't think I was going to like them, in fact I was pretty upset thinking why change the uniforms?? But after seeing them on the guys at the Mall of America last night, I think they are pretty sweet looking. I already bought a Sharper one and I can't wait to sport it tomorrow at the party!!