PDA

View Full Version : Eric Kelly



TEXPACK
08-09-2004, 02:48 AM
FYI the Bears have signed free agent Eric Kelly.

hawaiianvike21
08-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Good for him, they got him since they lost azumah for awhile. Good luck to him except when we play him. They maybe moss can toast his ass along with the overated charles tillman.

BigEasyViking
08-09-2004, 03:22 AM
I didn't hear, what happened to Azumah? That is definately one guy that their Defense can't afford to lose. I really hope that he'll be back by the time that we play them so that Moss can make Tillman and Azumah look like Bitches. Especially Tillman though. I just can't wait for that game this year. Randy's gonna go for about 175yds. with 3 TD's. He needs some closure, and he'll definately get it!

hawaiianvike21
08-09-2004, 03:48 AM
"BigEasyViking" wrote:

I didn't hear, what happened to Azumah? That is definately one guy that their Defense can't afford to lose. I really hope that he'll be back by the time that we play them so that Moss can make Tillman and Azumah look like Bitches. Especially Tillman though. I just can't wait for that game this year. Randy's gonna go for about 175yds. with 3 TD's. He needs some closure, and he'll definately get it!

Dont got a link but azumah will be out three to four months because he needed surgery on his neck.

casper
08-09-2004, 03:51 AM
ouchhhhh

BigEasyViking
08-09-2004, 04:17 AM
First Urlacher, now Azumah? Not lookin' very good over in the Cellar! Not that it ever was but, this definately makes it worse. I guess that this is good news for the Packers though, now their a shoe in for 3rd in the North instead of fourth! Congrats

:cheers: :bootyshake: :cheers: :bootyshake:

hawaiianvike21
08-09-2004, 07:43 AM
"BigEasyViking" wrote:

First Urlacher, now Azumah? Not lookin' very good over in the Cellar! Not that it ever was but, this definately makes it worse. I guess that this is good news for the Packers though, now their a shoe in for 3rd in the North instead of fourth! Congrats

:cheers: :bootyshake: :cheers: :bootyshake:

Urlacher aint as bad. He wont be out as long as azumah and will prolly be back in time for the first or third game of the season. Not that bad imo.

whackthepack
08-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I just hope Kelly starts and they have him man on man covering Moss (200 yards and 3 TD's).

purplepat
08-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Frankly, I've never thought much of Azumah as a cover guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly wind up as a starter in Chicago during Azumah's absence. At the very least, he should be pretty familiar with covering the Vikings WRs.

ItalianStallion
08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Yah but Azumah was a pretty good kick returner.

whackthepack
08-09-2004, 11:14 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

Frankly, I've never thought much of Azumah as a cover guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly wind up as a starter in Chicago during Azumah's absence. At the very least, he should be pretty familiar with covering the Vikings WRs.


Common knowlegde that our cornerbacks last year could not cover our receivers in practice (has been mentioned in numerous articles in the last month). and with Kelly being our 4th best corner last year it does not bode well for the Bears if they have to start Kelly.

Which brings me back to my original point:
"I just hope Kelly starts and they have him man on man covering Moss (200 yards and 3 TD's)."

muchluv4smoot
08-09-2004, 12:09 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"purplepat" wrote:

Frankly, I've never thought much of Azumah as a cover guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly wind up as a starter in Chicago during Azumah's absence. At the very least, he should be pretty familiar with covering the Vikings WRs.


Common knowlegde that our cornerbacks last year could not cover our receivers in practice (has been mentioned in numerous articles in the last month). and with Kelly being our 4th best corner last year it does not bode well for the Bears if they have to start Kelly.

Which brings me back to my original point:
"I just hope Kelly starts and they have him man on man covering Moss (200 yards and 3 TD's)."




It sounds like kelly will be playing nickel CB, since RW McQuarters will now move into azumah's starting spot. I can't wait for us to play them. I know he won't be able to cover burleson, howry, or cambell, since that was the reason why he was demoted before we cut him.