PDA

View Full Version : Vikings will unveil new uniforms Thursday at MOA

singersp
04-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Vikings will unveil new uniforms Thursday

From staff reports and news services

The Vikings will unveil their new uniforms Thursday in the Rotunda at the Mall of America.

KFAN personality Paul Allen will emcee the event, which runs from 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. On hand will be current Vikings Matt Birk, Jim Kleinsasser, Mewelde Moore, Jermaine Wiggins, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and Troy Williamson.

Coach Brad Childress will address the crowd, and former players also are scheduled to attend, including Joey Browner, Paul Krause, Jim Marshall and Randall McDaniel.

— Sean Jensen

Full article: Vikings will unveil new uniforms Thursday (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14413886.htm)

singersp
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/NU.jpg

From Vikings.com;

VIKINGS TO UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS THURSDAY, APRIL 27

On Thursday, April 27, the Minnesota Vikings will celebrate the unveiling of the team's new uniforms in the Rotunda at the Mall of America. Hosted by the radio voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, the event will run from 6:00-6:30 p.m. with current Vikings players, including Matt Birk, Jim Kleinsasser, Mewelde Moore, Jermaine Wiggins, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and Troy Williamson scheduled to showcase the new designs. Head Coach Brad Childress will address the crowd while alumni, including the first-ever Vikings draft choice Tommy Mason, as well as Joey Browner, Paul Krause, Jim Marshall and Randall McDaniel, plus Vikings cheerleaders and other representatives, will also take part in the event.

Following the unveiling and through Monday, May 1, the Mall of America and vikings.com will be the only places the new jerseys will be available for purchase. Special autograph appearances will take place in the following locations immediately following the unveiling:

Location Players/Cheerleaders Time

Vikings Locker Room Jim Marshall & Kevin Williams 7:00 p.m.

Gold Country Vikings Cheerleaders 7:00 p.m.

Pro Image Matt Birk 7:30 p.m.

Team Choice Jermaine Wiggins 7:30 p.m.

The Sports Authority will also offer a free mini helmet with the purchase of a new jersey, while supplies last.

For further information regarding the event, please contact Vikings Vice President, Sales & Marketing Steve LaCroix (952-828-6500). For information regarding media credentials, please contact Anna Lewicki-Long at Mall of America (952-883-8804 or e-mail at alewicki@simon.com).

If you can't make it to the Mall of America, Sign Up for the VikingsNow Newsletter and see the new uniforms first.

On Thursday, members will be the first to see the new images when they receive an e-mail from VikingsNow.

Don't miss out. Sign up now!

VIKINGS TO UNVEIL NEW UNIFORMS THURSDAY, APRIL 27 (http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_NewUniInfo42406.html)

Lotza
04-24-2006, 01:06 PM
IM PUMPED tgo see them!

NordicNed
04-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Can't wait to see them, I wish I could be there. I'de pick up a Birk Jersey then go hunt him down at Pro Image and have him sign it....

URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

6-KINGS
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeap everybody gets to wear my designs!!!!!

Very exciting I must say................

woo hoo!!!!

snowinapril
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Who is going to go and take the photos?

Then post them on line. :grin:

singersp
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I'm seriously thinking about it. I would love to pick up a jersey & have Birk, Wiggens or K-Will sign it.

Another photo op with the cheerleaders is tough to pass up as well. :cool:

But I would have to drive 120 miles up & back Thursday night & then back up Friday night for the draft party on Saturday.

Ltrey33
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I'm seriously thinking about it. I would love to pick up a jersey & have Birk, Wiggens or K-Will sign it.

But I would have to drive 120 miles up & back Thursday night & then back up Friday night for the draft party on Saturday.

Just find a Motel 6 and take off work on Friday singer!

NodakPaul
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I am in the same boat. I so want to be at the MOA for the unveiling. Unfortunately it is a 500 mile round trip for me, and I will be coming down for the draft party on Saturday too. (Let's see, my car gets 16 mpg, and gas parices at $3 per gallon... that's $90+ just in gas per trip. :shock:)

VikesfaninWis
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Just find a Motel 6 and take off work on Friday singer!

And remember Singers... We'll leave the light on for ya.. :wink:

VikesfaninWis
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
All I know is that as soon as they are available, I am getting me either a K-Rob, Sharper, or Hutchinson jersey.. I can't wait for Thursday, I am so dam pumped.. It kinda looks like they have purple pants on.. When they have that light shining on the jerseys, you can see the white numbers and anything else that is white really well, but nothing on the pants..

mnjamie
04-24-2006, 04:27 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I am in the same boat. I so want to be at the MOA for the unveiling. Unfortunately it is a 500 mile round trip for me, and I will be coming down for the draft party on Saturday too. (Let's see, my car gets 16 mpg, and gas parices at $3 per gallon... that's $90+ just in gas per trip. :shock:)

It sucks that the price of gas is determining our choices of enjoying viking events. I was seriously considering flying back for the draft party, till the price of a ticket skyrocketed from fuel prices .... that stinks.

VikesfaninWis
04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

It sucks that the price of gas is determining our choices of enjoying viking events. I was seriously considering flying back for the draft party, till the price of a ticket skyrocketed from fuel prices .... that stinks.

No sh!t man.... I live about 5 hours away from the Metrodome, and I am still hesitant to travel that far. I have a car that gets great gas mileage, but why spend that much if you don't have to?

PurplePackerEater
04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I was just pondering wheather I could make it or not, then I reread the article - it goes from 6:00pm to 6:30pm? WTF? It takes longer than that to park and make your way into the Mall of America!

-Not worth it.

Benet
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I'd love to go..

Damn Atlantic ocean.

BadlandsVikings
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
I can't wait to see what they look like.

SharperImage42
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
if there wearing the new jerseys in that pic, they really look the same, i dnno

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Unveiling this thursday huh?

Jersey? I like the ones we have now, just hope we don't get all those swirley giggers on the sides like everybody is leaning to.
Pants? no swirly things again, maybe a more modern stripe. Away uni's I wouldn't mind bringing back the deep purple pants like the late 60's.
Helmet? I hope they leave the helmet alone or maybe stroke up the horn size like the 70's featured. No white face mask, please!
Shoes? Keep the white, sorry Bud G. those black shoes just make ya look too darn slow.
Socks? If we change the Away pants to purple I would say a all white tube with the "Redskin" type stripes (but Purple & Gold of course!)

Well that's my 2 cents on the new uni's...
It will sure be interesting to see the Vikes in new uni's.

TMAC604
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I have been informed that only replicas will be on sale this thursday.
The authentics should be available in about a week.

singersp
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
"TMAC604" wrote:

I have been informed that only replicas will be on sale this thursday.
The authentics should be available in about a week.

How where you informed? Can you provide a link?

happy camper
04-24-2006, 08:25 PM
any idea how much theyll cost?

no way in hell am i paying 80 bucks for a jersey.

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 08:35 PM
SAY IT ISN'T SO......

Get the Horm back on the Helmet, norsman back on the shoulder!

I personally like the away pants but I'm sure we'll have a lot of pph (purple pants haters)

http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/images/uniform1-thumb.jpg
http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/images/uniform2-thumb.jpg
http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/images/vikeshelmet.jpg

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope this holds true........

"March 29 that Vikings owner Zygi Wilf had announced the horns on the helmet would remain".

PurplePeopleEaters89
04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
I like those prototypes but you are right; they need to put the horn back on the helmet!!! I like the pants and the all purple uniforms, they remind me a little of the all blue chargers uniforms!!! I think they should make black alternate jerseys!!!

2beersTommy
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

I like those prototypes but you are right; they need to put the horn back on the helmet!!! I like the pants and the all purple uniforms, they remind me a little of the all blue chargers uniforms!!! I think they should make black alternate jerseys!!!

I agree

mnjamie
04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
"happy camper" wrote:

Then "No Jersey For YOU !!"

Authentic ... roughly $250

snowinapril
04-24-2006, 08:53 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

$3.12 for premium here in TX

I need a hybrid!!

It would cost me $312.00 roundtrip :cool:

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

Sound like a Sienfeld episode...
No soup for you!
"You soup Nazi's"

PurplePeopleEaters89
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey for all of you guys in Minnesota, you gotta come back and post the pics on here!!! People out here in Idaho don't get alot of stuff on time!! It took a week for us to realize what happened with Hurricane Katrina!!

mnjamie
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"happy camper" wrote:

Sound like a Sienfeld episode...
No soup for you!
"You soup Nazi's"

Your a quick one there young grasshopper ..... :blob:

AngloVike
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
"Benet" wrote:

I'd love to go..

Damn Atlantic ocean.

and my swimming not quite up to that distance :sad:

BadlandsVikings
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

I'd love to go..

Damn Atlantic ocean.

How long would a row boat take?

vikesoto
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

All I know is that as soon as they are available, I am getting me either a K-Rob, Sharper, or Hutchinson jersey.. I can't wait for Thursday, I am so dam pumped.. It kinda looks like they have purple pants on.. When they have that light shining on the jerseys, you can see the white numbers and anything else that is white really well, but nothing on the pants..

The billboards that are around the Minneapolis area show white pants. Even though those billboards are blurry, you can easily see the purple jerseys with white pants...thank GOD !!!!!!

Here's what I was talking about......

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/tenolein/Vikingbillboard003.jpg

AngloVike
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Benet" wrote:

I'd love to go..

Damn Atlantic ocean.

How long would a row boat take?

I'll get down to the local boating lake tomorrow and get some practice in !

BadlandsVikings
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

The billboards that are around the Minneapolis area show white pants. Even though those billboards are blurry, you can easily see the purple jerseys with white pants...thank GOD !!!!!!That's a relief that the team won't look like barney. Yuk

DarrinNelsonguy
04-24-2006, 10:09 PM

"vikesoto" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

The billboards that are around the Minneapolis area show white pants. Even though those billboards are blurry, you can easily see the purple jerseys with white pants...thank GOD !!!!!!That's a relief that the team won't look like barney. Yuk

Exactly my thoughts I hate the same colored pants and jerseys they look terrible!

vikesoto
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"vikesoto" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Exactly my thoughts I hate the same colored pants and jerseys they look terrible!

No team looks good in the same color jerseys and pants. White is THE ONLY exception.

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
I personally like the Chargers all dark uni's. It's a change of times and I remember back to early 90's Basketball and Michael Jordon and his knee level shorts... I thought they were just balloon drawrers... Now that I look back at the old tapes it's actually those short shorts that look funny and the knee length look norm.

I'll get use to anything the Vikes wear (except green!).

VikesfaninWis
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

The billboards that are around the Minneapolis area show white pants. Even though those billboards are blurry, you can easily see the purple jerseys with white pants...thank GOD !!!!!!

Here's what I was talking about......

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/tenolein/Vikingbillboard003.jpg

I'm sure they are going to have purple pants in there somewhere... If they do, I sure hope it is with white jersey's..

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Jus keep dem horns on dat helmet dangit!

VikesfaninWis
04-24-2006, 11:40 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

Jus keep dem horns on dat helmet dangit!

That has already been established.. The only thing changing with the helmets is that it will have a more 3D look to it... Thank god for small favors..

damien927
04-24-2006, 11:45 PM
if I order it online on Thursday, I wonder if I could get it here in Wisconsin in time for the draft on Saturday...... it will probably cost me an extra $20 or something.

happy camper
04-24-2006, 11:47 PM
whos going?

ill be there. i wonder how early i should get there. i dont want to stand behind people. i wanna get a front row on the first or second level.

ill take pictures. but probably wont get them up right away since i have a bachelor party the next day.

Top_Speed
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
bachelor party?

Forget about uniforms! The lack of (clothing) sounds more interesting.

You know who to call to cordinate it don't you? Just have it in the middle of Lake Superior is all.

MaddenVodkaAddict
04-25-2006, 12:12 AM
It is an unfortunate situation for those of you who may have a more difficult time arriving at the Mall of America. However, because I live in Minneapolis, MN, I have the splendid opportunity to ride on the relatively new light rail and reach my preferred destination, which happens to be the Mall of America.

VikesFan4Life
04-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Might give me an excuse to ride the light rail also...

I just might go on Thursday.

PurpleRide
04-25-2006, 12:22 AM
I hope they don't have the same stripe as the road jerseys. I can't stand them. Also they need to keep the logo on the arm. But thats just my opinion

TroyWilliamson
04-25-2006, 12:30 AM
From what I can see on that billboard it looks pretty good. Nothing outrageous just a nice outfit.

Top_Speed
04-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Anybody remember when the Vikes had the purple pants??

Come on you old timers... come forward!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Sec19Row53/1963Yearbook.jpg

midgensa
04-25-2006, 01:03 AM
We definitely need to get someone to get there and post photos of he event as well as the new unis ...
Wish I lived in the Twin Cities at times like this ... would not miss that if it meant faking sick at work.

Mr. Purple
04-25-2006, 01:24 AM
I like all black unis and I think all purple outside would look nice. For years i've been wanting purple pants with our white away jerseys and I'm so pumped to finally see that! Thursday couldnt come any slower!!

singersp
04-25-2006, 01:50 AM
"happy camper" wrote:

whos going?

ill be there. i wonder how early i should get there. i dont want to stand behind people. i wanna get a front row on the first or second level.

ill take pictures. but probably wont get them up right away since i have a bachelor party the next day.

If there's going to be a stripper at the bachelor party, take pics of both! :wink:

mr.woo
04-25-2006, 02:14 AM
wouldnt that be awsome if they went back to retro long sleve jerseys? those jerseys optiamize hardwork,tough defense and bruising offense.

VikesFan4Life
04-25-2006, 02:17 AM
I'd like it if they went to the real old-school unis for a game or two this year.

The darker purple ones with the plain white numbers and grey facemask.

WBLVikeBabe
04-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I will totally try to be at MOA on Thursday, sounds like a good time!

Perch56
04-25-2006, 02:32 AM
i cant wait, i hope their not lame

Formo
04-25-2006, 04:55 AM
"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:

It is an unfortunate situation for those of you who may have a more difficult time arriving at the Mall of America. However, because I live in Minneapolis, MN, I have the splendid opportunity to ride on the relatively new light rail and reach my preferred destination, which happens to be the Mall of America.

Nice!!

I work Thursday, but depending on when I get off, I may buzz down there.

If I do, pictures WILL be taken. I'll keep ya'll updated on if I go or not.

i_bleed_purple
04-25-2006, 05:38 AM
go to http://www.mallofamerica.com/ and you can kinda see what the new pants look like. there's a picture of Birk, wiggins + Johnson in shoulder pads and what looks like the new pants.

it looks like they're all white, with a thick purple stripeon the side, with skinny yellow border along the purple stripe. they look pretty decent actually.

i_bleed_purple
04-25-2006, 05:43 AM
this is actually the same picture, but the bottom's not blurred out.

looks like the stripe has a bit of a concave to it,a nd ends above the knees.

http://www.mallofamerica.com/DAM_public/4427.jpg

BadlandsVikings
04-25-2006, 05:47 AM
The pants look pretty good, the jerseys and helmet is what matters the most.

Justin311
04-25-2006, 06:18 AM
that billboard makes them look like they will be more similar to the Northwestern Wildcats unirforms...more white and purple with very subtle gold trimming.

And i agree, keep the horns, the whole Norseman thing doenst work for me.

Euphman06
04-25-2006, 06:20 AM
That is a pretty cool picture if you ask me..

hailtocarter
04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
anyone wanna buy me an early graduation present???

enlvikeman
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
can't wait

Top_Speed
04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I'll go on record as to say that is a BLUFF! Can you say Dupped?

They're not going to show there hand that easy, come on guys!

NodakPaul
04-25-2006, 03:50 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I'll go on record as to say that is a BLUFF! Can you say Dupped?

They're not going to show there hand that easy, come on guys!

I doubt it is a bluff. There is no reason to try and fool anybody. The only thing they are showing are the home pants, and there is just enough there to spur more conversation and debate about it.

The unveiling will be centered more on the jerseys and the away pants.

danimal292
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
OMG look at Briks arm in that pic.... HUGE!!!!!!!!!

crazyB
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
just thought if the Vikings totaly mess up the new uniform's and no one like's them how long would we have to put up with it before they could change them again?

danimal292
04-25-2006, 04:02 PM
(Birk)

Top_Speed
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Anybody know how long this "exclusive" jersey selling thing is bonded to MOA and v..com? I'm thinking the price will be more reasonable when there is competition between sellers....

Following the unveiling and through Monday, May 1, the new jerseys will be available for purchase exclusively at the Mall of America and vikings.com. Special autograph appearances will take place in the following locations immediately following the unveiling

Top_Speed
04-25-2006, 04:08 PM
"crazyB" wrote:

just thought if the Vikings totaly mess up the new uniform's and no one like's them how long would we have to put up with it before they could change them again?

A NFL team can change every 5 years

elgordo
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
"Top_Speed" wrote:

Anybody know how long this "exclusive" jersey selling thing is bonded to MOA and v..com? I'm thinking the price will be more reasonable when there is competition between sellers....

Following the unveiling and through Monday, May 1, the new jerseys will be available for purchase exclusively at the Mall of America and vikings.com. Special autograph appearances will take place in the following locations immediately following the unveiling

3 Days

Top_Speed
04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
"elgordo" wrote:

"Top_Speed" wrote:

3 Days

TANKS! (as in Tank Williams!!)
I'll wait. I have to order for my whole family so the tab may be a bit expensive. Copy cats for the kids however, authentic for me and the miss'.

I live in central NY (Syracuse) and the Vikes play the Bills Oct 1st. I'm taking my 32ft camper and staying in the parking lot starting Friday. I have to show the new fashion ya know! Proud? Oh yeah, no matter what our record may be we will always show the purple in force to those Bill-Doe's

I'm really excited to see the Vikes (live) for a change. It made my season when I heard the Vikes were coming to the Ralph. Look for my Viking flag flying high!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braddock
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Anyone see this picture yet?? I don't know if it's legit but I guess we'll find out.

Muggsy
04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

Anyone see this picture yet?? I don't know if it's legit but I guess we'll find out.

I hopes dis ain't da new joiseys, 'cause dey suck, y'know?

NodakPaul
04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Yep, this was posted already. I think the general consensus is that if it is authentic, then it is a very rough draft.

WBLVikeBabe
04-27-2006, 11:24 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

That is a hot picture, dang Birk is ripped! :lol:

Anyone else going to the Mall of America tonight?? I'll be there and am looking forward to it!

VikesFan4Life
04-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I would, but I have no money :sad:.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-27-2006, 11:29 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

That is a hot picture, dang Birk is ripped! :lol:

Anyone else going to the Mall of America tonight?? I'll be there and am looking forward to it!

Would like to go but I am stuck writing a paper.

viks_fan21
04-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I live in Kansas so I have no way of getting there (obviously). My mom just happens to be in Minneapolis (wow, how do you spell that?) on a business trip. I said, "mom, this is a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity, you should go." Her response, "uh..."

WBLVikeBabe
04-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey guys, had a blast last night at MOA! Didn't think I would buy a jersey, told myself I wouldn't but first store we walked by after the unveiling had a Sharper jersey right out front, and I caved and bought it. Also waited in line for an hour to get Birk's autograph!! I was pretty giddy last night, it was a good time! Here are some pics I took...

Me with Spiking Viking, he is awesome!!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Kelski82/IMG_0227.jpg

Some closeups of Wiggins, he was really the only one I was able to get closeups of after everyone started clearing out.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Kelski82/IMG_0223.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Kelski82/IMG_0221.jpg

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/Kelski82/?action=view&current=IMG_0224.jpg

VikesFan4Life
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Did Patrick cut his hair or something?! I remember it being longer.

Slade
04-28-2006, 11:55 PM
looks like you had fun! Take a pic with the Sharp jersey!

WBLVikeBabe
04-28-2006, 11:59 PM
"Slade" wrote:

looks like you had fun! Take a pic with the Sharp jersey!

I definitley will tomorrow at the draft party, I will be going picture crazy!!

WBLVikeBabe
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Brining this back so DC can see the pics I took of Wiggy!

Top_Speed
05-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Wiggy looks like he's sporting a new 6-pack (in that away jersey pic)