PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else worried about the Bears?

baumy300
04-22-2006, 02:37 AM
I mean seriously. The returning division champs who also have the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Plus now they have Greise in case Grossman gets hurt.

I'm not saying we can't beat them, but it's going to be tough to win the division with them playing the worst teams in the leauge.

They just signed Ricky Manning Jr. too, so I guess the D gets stepped up a bit.

What are your thoughts?

WinonaVike
04-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Worried about the division champions....yes i think im a lil worried about them. :thumbleft:

sirweeze
04-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Unless they have an insane amount of injuries like they did a couple years ago, I think they repeat as division champs. That defense got better with Ricky Manning. They've still got two very good backfield weapons with Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson.

Vikings with maybe a chance at a wildcard at 9-7.

Euphman06
04-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Look what happened to them in the playoffs. The world realized quickly what kind of team they really were, defensive. If they had to move the ball to score forget it. It will be the same story next season. As long as you can beat their D they are done. Plus a teams D can't win every game for them. It will be interesting to see who comes out better. <read the Vikings>

MaddenVodkaAddict
04-22-2006, 02:48 AM
As recent history has shown, the Chicago Bears organization cannot achieve admirable back to back seasons. Hence, due to the Minnesota Vikings organization's recent signings during the free agency period, including worthy players such as Steve Hutchinson and Tank Williams, I have no qualms about the Minnesota Vikings organization accomplishing the winning of the northern division of the National Football Conference.

baumy300
04-22-2006, 03:29 AM
I think it will all come down to injuries and coaching. Simple as that.

Well, that and the bears not winning horse sh!t games like the one against San Fran where Vasher returns a field goal for a TD.

V4L
04-22-2006, 03:31 AM
IM worried.. They have a good shot at the division

TheKnuck
04-22-2006, 04:00 AM
i hate defensive teams, well, at least when were not at the top of the list. and the bears have always been defensive. i personally believe they won't have the same luck next year. both rex and griese are injury prone and we'll have to cross our fingers. heres to stickin it to them!!!!!!

i_bleed_purple
04-22-2006, 04:03 AM
also remember, in the past, they only have one good season about once every 10 years. one in 85, one in the 90's, one in 2001 and one this year. logicially, they should suck for the next 20 years because they had two good years in a 5 year span :D

Ltrey33
04-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Yep. Still have a great defense, defending divison champs, great coach in Lovie Smith. Their offense is still shaky, which is their one main flaw. I also don't think their special teams are all that great, even though Gould is turning into a pretty decent kicker. They'll be tough though, there's no doubt about that. They're incredibly well coached.

boognish
04-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Well, not worried exactly, but they will certainly provide great competition this season. And, for the record, I predict that Brian Griese will be announced as the starter by the time the season kicks off.

The entire division, minus the Peckers, has a chance of being very good this year. The Lions also have the parts in place to be a very good team this season, although I still think Millon will find a way to sabotage them. It's going to be tough this year with a new system, new coaches, and stiff competition, but we also have a relatively easy schedule. I think we could easily go 10-6 this season and make the playoffs.

Time will tell.

ItalianStallion
04-22-2006, 04:37 AM
They will not be as good as they were last year for sure. They played too many bad teams and got too lucky with turnovers and returns. That being said they will be competitive, but we'll probably split the series with them anyway.

Zeus
04-22-2006, 04:46 AM
"baumy300" wrote:

I mean seriously. The returning division champs who also have the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Plus now they have Greise in case Grossman gets hurt.

I'm not saying we can't beat them, but it's going to be tough to win the division with them playing the worst teams in the leauge.

They just signed Ricky Manning Jr. too, so I guess the D gets stepped up a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Well - I think Griese will beat out Grossman before the season starts.

I also think whoever said that Cedric Benson was a good back didn't pay attention last year.

Now - as to whether or not I'm worried about the Bears - I'm always worried about division opponents. The Vikes choked it up in Champaign in the first game of the season a few years back, so they (being the Vikes) have the capacity to lose to any division opponent in any game - including the Lions.

That said - I think the Vikes had improved dramatically in the coaching department. Last year was a complete CF, as shown by the mid-season hiring of the old guys to come in and help. I don't see that happening this season.

I also think we have made the O-Line better by adding Hutchinson and allowing Birk to get healthy. The key to beating the Bears is controlling the damage that Urlacher can do in the middle - which a healthy Birk will help a great deal.

The Bears are still an offensive joke, so I see the Vikes doing no worse than a split, with the possibility of winning both games.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
04-22-2006, 04:58 AM
You can't worry about one time, you have to worry about every team, even if the team was bad the year before. Things can change quickly for everybody.

i_bleed_purple
04-22-2006, 05:16 AM
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

You can't worry about one time, you have to worry about every team, even if the team was bad the year before. Things can change quickly for everybody.

he's got a good point, look at the chargers a couple of years ago they were ranked dead last and had the 1st overall pick(their pick didn't even want to play for them) that season they turned things around and won their division.

cajunvike
04-22-2006, 05:20 AM
I worry about them...but I think that we have improved to the point where we can take the division from them.

Caine
04-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Undoubtedly, the Bears will come to play both times we meet this season...but I'm certain that we will too.

I don't think the Bear's D is what it's cracked up to be. They're good, no doubt about that, but they're not great...and that's a significant point. They did extremely well versus teams with lackluster offenses all last season...and likely will do so again this year. But they fared rather poorly against teams with even a decent offense with the exception of their first meeting with Carolina.

On the offensive side of the ball, they aren't anything spectacular. They lack receiving threats and rely upon Jones to keep Defenses honest. Stuff their running game and the Bears struggle.

The fact that they have a light schedule again this season is laughable. It just means that they'll be over-hyped comming into the season. They ahve 5 or 6 tought games this season...and we'll need some help to knock them off.

Basically, it will come down to who does best face-to-face. Once we get to November, provided we have a lead on Chicago, there is no reason to think we can't hold it. Our schedule isn't exactly the "Who's Who" of dangerous opponents either.

So, to answer your question, NO, I don't worry about the Bears. We have all the tools to beat them...we simply have to execute.

Caine

ultravikingfan
04-22-2006, 06:27 AM
"F" no!

I guarantee that will be the least of our worries!

Last time they made the playoffs they came back next year and tanked!

Remember, you heard it hear first!

Defense wins, but you have to have a little bit of an offense.

Here is a list of the weapons on Offense:

Get it?

thanatoschristou
04-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Nope. The Bears were a fluke. Unless they find a good QB, another good receiver, and some more crappy teams in the North they are poo.

ItalianStallion
04-22-2006, 07:15 AM
I'll tell you who I'm not worried about, the Packers. Good offseason guys.

vegasvike
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"F" no!

Get it?

Sooo you're saying that they a bunch of un-named weapons? :grin:

Benet
04-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Bloody hell! I've just looked at the Bears schedule, now I knew it was statistically the easiest in the NFL, but damn! If they're not 7-1 or 6-2 by the time they go to the Giants on November 12th, they suck BIG TIME.

Purple Floyd
04-22-2006, 05:55 PM
One thing is for sure, it is a nice change of pace to have to consider Da Bears instead of Da Pack as our main division hurdle. They will be strong but I believe we will take them with our stronger offense and improved defense.

Vikes
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm worried but I think both teams can make the playoff's.

VikesfaninWis
04-22-2006, 06:16 PM
We have to remember some things here. First, we are alot better then we were last season.. Second, the Bears have proven time and time again that they are a hit and miss team. Sure they won the division last year, but can they actually put together great back to back seasons?

We have been in the top 2 every year it seems for the past decade. The bears are either first or last, they are hard to determine from one season to the next.. The last I heard, that they signed Manning to a offer sheet, has it been turned down? We have gotten better on defense, offense, and IMO, on the coaching front... We will have to watch them closely, but I strongly believe we will win the division..

VikesfaninWis
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"F" no!

Get it?

I agree Ultra... They have never proven to have great back to back seasons. I have said it before, we are a better all around football team then we were last season, I strongly believe that we will win the division next year.

DaunteHOF
04-22-2006, 06:45 PM
they can not score offensively, if we can shut down their offense we'll eventually get a play or two to beat them. I'm not worried at all, just depends whos our QB

V4L
04-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Remember we have new coaches now.. Might be tough for everything to gel

JellyBean2144
04-23-2006, 01:16 AM
No!!! It is the Bears. They will have a 6-10 season, like they always do after a "good" season. Come on, these are the Bears.

VikesfaninWis
04-23-2006, 01:21 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Remember we have new coaches now.. Might be tough for everything to gel

We may have new coaches bro, but I have to believe that:

Childress is better then Tice

Tomlin is better then Cottrell

If that happens to be right, then the Vikings are the new NFC North Division Champs.

triedandtruevikesfan
04-23-2006, 01:29 AM
"Euphman06" wrote:

Look what happened to them in the playoffs. The world realized quickly what kind of team they really were, defensive. If they had to move the ball to score forget it. It will be the same story next season. As long as you can beat their D they are done. Plus a teams D can't win every game for them. It will be interesting to see who comes out better. <read the Vikings>

Did anyone else actually watch that game?????? Just curious cause their D absolutely choked in that game and their OFFENSE acually scored way more points then I ever expected them too!

As for being afraid of them.... not really. I think we improved quite a bit ourselves and they haven't done too much really. Griese is a decent back up but he isn't going to bring them to the Super Bowl if Grossman gets hurt. Their D is still really the only thing that team can brag about, and obviously they have their faults too. A very beatable team is the bears.

Brewtal
04-23-2006, 02:36 AM
The Bear's arn't that good, the only reason they went 11-5 last season is they had an easy schedule and (I hate to admit it but) the NFC North division just sucked. Green Bay and Detroit will be hideous once again this year, Chicago does have a solid D but we saw how good they really were in the playoffs when they finally played a decent apponent.

Minn is by far the most improved team this offseason, so far I am very happy with the way the offseason has progressed. The only thing that I will be worried about during the Bear's game is when will Childerss pull the starting line up to rest them for the playoffs.

mr.woo
04-23-2006, 03:23 AM
no. last year was a fluke cus all the teams in the nfc north were decimated by injuries. not that it would have helped greenbay anyways

donjen95
04-23-2006, 03:34 AM
No !

NordicNed
04-23-2006, 03:47 AM
If I remember correctly, weren't we still in the race up to the second to last game of the year....We still had a shot at making the last game of the year (against the Bears) a game that could have ment who would be Division Champs......I remember praying so hard it would come to that, because I had a ticket for that game and I went out to visit PPO friends and see the game.

This year, HELL NO I"M NOT AFFRAID.......

We should have been Champs last year, but this year we will....

jaymz7
04-23-2006, 04:03 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

If I remember correctly, weren't we still in the race up to the second to last game of the year....We still had a shot at making the last game of the year (against the Bears) a game that could have ment who would be Division Champs......I remember praying so hard it would come to that, because I had a ticket for that game and I went out to visit PPO friends and see the game.

This year, HELL NO I"M NOT AFFRAID.......

We should have been Champs last year, but this year we will....

Well said Ned. I agree the Bears have a good team, but it was not that dominate. The Vikes had a good team but with the injuries we just fell a few games short.

It is the Bears that should be worried about the VIKINGS!

Perch56
04-24-2006, 04:49 AM
ya if the play defense like last year(but was really lucky sometimes). if it doesnt it is going to be a long year because they have no offense

jargomcfargo
04-24-2006, 05:31 AM
I don't agree with everyone who says the Bears will suck this year based on tradition.
The Bears will likely be better this year on offense and I don't look for them to slide as much as in the past with this head coach.

But how much better on offense?
Grossman still plays like a rookie at times and essentially still is, although he has much more potential than his predesesser, ole what's his name.

Griese sucked every time I have seen him play, and seems like the typical Bears type low talent quarterback.

Somewhere when when Childress first came I read a statement about winning the division first to get to the superbowl.

With Birk healthy,Hutch at left guard, and using a Fullback in our offense; I think we will present some real problems for their defense.

Their defense folded in the playoffs and were exposed for their shortcomings.

I think we have made the necessary adjustments to not only beat them but; I think we will run the ball against them.

jargomcfargo
04-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Oh yeah! How was their defense exposed?

As I recall, they were out played physically.

CalifornianVikingz
04-24-2006, 05:39 AM
thomas jones might even get traded, so benson would start, and he seems like he be mediocre. IF the bears lose jones, its really goooood news for us

V-Unit
04-24-2006, 07:56 AM
I think we will be better than the Bears, but a series split next year is the best I'm hoping for. I'm scared of any team that made the playoffs and is returning all 22 starters. Even if Grossman isn't the real deal, we should all expect the Bears to be a better team than they were last year.

collegeguyjeff
04-24-2006, 08:10 AM
im just looking forward to seeing cedrick benson do nothing and be considered a bust.

Redrouster
04-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Don't be scared! Da VIKES take the North. The Bears are a good team but inconsistant year after year. The best thing is to watch the Vikes go into Chicago and beat the FORMER NFC North champs on their home field. But to know we are going to win absolutly, takes the fun out of the game. There is nothing better to have a little pre-game nerves!

GO VIKES

olson_10
04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
after one team learns to beat them, anybody can..and that has already happened..you will see them drop off because of their poor offense this year..grossman WILL get hurt by week 3, and griese will also get hurt in week 4..therefore they will be finishing the 2nd half of the year with their 3rd string QB kyle orton, who is probably one of the worst to ever step on an nfl field..its just all about learning to put up 14 pts against them, cuz thats all you will need to beat them

olson_10
04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

no. last year was a fluke cus all the teams in the nfc north were decimated by injuries. not that it would have helped greenbay anyways
very true

Redrouster
04-24-2006, 10:39 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

im just looking forward to seeing cedrick benson do nothing and be considered a bust.

I think he was a bust already. It will be very hard for him to come back this year and make his come back after his smoking 272 yards rushing.