PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter in Viking purple?

tdawg0002
08-06-2004, 03:12 AM
I was just watching ESPN and they were talking about what's next for Quincy Carter. Chris Mortensen said that the Vikings discussed putting in a waiver request for him. Now he has cleared waivers and is an unrestricted free agent. Anyone know anything behind why we would be looking for another QB? (Not to mention one that has been busted for drugs)

RandyMoss8404
08-06-2004, 10:18 AM
I'd fly down to Mankato to stomp a hole in Red and Tice.

SJerseyVikesFan
08-06-2004, 10:34 AM
I can't imagine why the Vikes would have any interest in Quincy "Nose Candy" Carter. Especially when we have the best back up in the league in Gussy "Head Slamming" Frerotte. They actually should really try to pick up Timmy "The Best Receiver in Tecmo Bowl" Brown.

kramer9guy
08-06-2004, 10:39 AM
"Where will he end up? That's still unknown, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings contemplated putting in a waiver claim for Carter, but passed".

I wonder why they passed? Carter seems like a fine upstanding young man. Ya know...the type of guy you could sit down and snort a few lines with. Hmmm... :D

But seriously, is Gus our long-term solution at back-up? He did a great job last year when called upon but he is getting up there in years. How much longer is he under contract? If it wasn't for the alleged problems with the blow, Carter doesn't seem like a bad QB to have fighting for a roster spot.

muchluv4smoot
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

"Where will he end up? That's still unknown, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings contemplated putting in a waiver claim for Carter, but passed".

I wonder why they passed? Carter seems like a fine upstanding young man. Ya know...the type of guy you could sit down and snort a few lines with. Hmmm... :D

But seriously, is Gus our long-term solution at back-up? He did a great job last year when called upon but he is getting up there in years. How much longer is he under contract? If it wasn't for the alleged problems with the blow, Carter doesn't seem like a bad QB to have fighting for a roster spot.

Carter would be our 3rd string QB if we did sign him, and I doubt he is looking to be a 3rd stringer. He will probably end up going somewhere he can fight for the #1 job, or at least have the #2 job. I don't see him beating gus for the #2 here, but he would be a better #3 than shaun hill(i think he is still our #3).

TheFloridianVikingFan
08-06-2004, 11:07 AM
I HATE quintcy i never want him to have a viking jersey on. Stop TICE!

kramer9guy
08-06-2004, 11:16 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

Carter would be our 3rd string QB if we did sign him, and I doubt he is looking to be a 3rd stringer. He will probably end up going somewhere he can fight for the #1 job, or at least have the #2 job. I don't see him beating gus for the #2 here, but he would be a better #3 than shaun hill(i think he is still our #3).

Very true. And I agree with many when it comes to Carter, I'm not a big fan of his. But in all reality, how much longer does Gus have left in him? It would be nice to have some real competition at backup QB.

casper
08-06-2004, 11:31 AM
NAW, no, neyet, nata, ohhie, mocks neicks never. this is not the kind of folks we need to look at for back-up if red wants to waste money he should throw it to the Purple pride Org. maybe the big dogs would throw a party

jackyl
08-06-2004, 12:13 PM
As a Cowboy's fan that lives by Winter Park, I think it'd be a HUGE mistake for the Vikes to bring in that POS Quincy.

VKG4LFE
08-06-2004, 12:24 PM
That would be the worst idea ever!! Carter sucks!!

purplepat
08-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Could be worse. Could be Spergeon Wynn.

jackyl
08-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I'd take Ryan Leaf again before I'd want QC back.

SHOW-TIME
08-06-2004, 02:17 PM
yea i saw that

ndakvikefan
08-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Remember he was his second bust for drugs so whoever picks him up will be missing him for a least 4 games. The vikes don't need him he sucks anyway.

LosAngelis
08-06-2004, 07:04 PM
It's too bad about the waiver pass. That would have given me ammunition for months.

muchluv4smoot
08-06-2004, 07:13 PM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

Remember he was his second bust for drugs so whoever picks him up will be missing him for a least 4 games. The vikes don't need him he sucks anyway.

Actaully it is just a fine for your 2nd failed drug test, the 3rd is a 4 game suspension. Remember ricky got a fine after failing his 2nd, then retired, and then we heard he failed his 3rd and was gonna be suspended.

triedandtruevikesfan
08-07-2004, 12:08 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

It's too bad about the waiver pass. That would have given me ammunition for months.

Good god... thats the last thing we need is to give you more ammunition then you already have!!!

seekndestroy31
08-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Quincy Carter "passing one" to Moss...

ugh...

dan3ski
08-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Yep pass or piss on him either way the Vikings do not need him!

so-cal vike
08-09-2004, 07:42 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

I'd take Ryan Leaf again before I'd want QC back.

Jackyl: I can't believe you said Ryan Leaf, I mean come on now, RYAN LEAF?

jackyl
08-09-2004, 07:49 PM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Jackyl: I can't believe you said Ryan Leaf, I mean come on now, RYAN LEAF?

:lol: Yep. I mean honestly I doubt if Quincy could produce more wins than Leaf could at this point. The only reason the 'boys made the PO last year was the D. QC has thrown more INT's than TD's in every single season of his career, and 29 TD / 36 INT overall. He was not the reason that we were successful at all. 8)

so-cal vike
08-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't disagree with you on the issues of why the Cowboys made it to the playoffs or your disappointment with Carter. I just never thought I'd here someone say they would take Leaf over anyone in any position.

jackyl
08-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm that fed up with Carter. lol

so-cal vike
08-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Well, he's been busted for drug use, which makes him a criminal; He no longer has a team to play for and, he is a mediocre QB at best. Maybe he'll play for the Raiders.

jackyl
08-09-2004, 10:31 PM
LOL perfect fit there!

Vikerliker76
08-09-2004, 10:46 PM
That's true Los, if anyone has info on drug addicted QB's, it'd be you!! Thank God for us. What ever happened to TJ Rubley anyway.......

briboy75
08-10-2004, 12:47 AM
He's not great, but Id certainly take him as a 3rd string.

ItalianStallion
08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
C'mon los the PAcker are probably angry they didn't get him instead of Couch.

nodakvikesfan
08-10-2004, 01:21 AM
ndakvikefan, 2 offense is 4 game fine. third offense is 4 game suppenion.it's been said everywhere that he has only 4 game fine coming, his next offense is four games off.