PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

Chicago Mike
08-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I've posted a couple times here. Most of the time I've been at other
sights, but after looking at this sight, I gotta say, I'm impressed.

I'll be throwing in my two cents, here and there.
And DON'T let the name fool ya.

I BLEED PURPLE! Always have, ALWAYS ,WILL! :thumbright: :thumbleft:

VKG4LFE
08-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard Chicago Mike!! It's always nice to have a vikes fan in other teams cities!! Especially the rivals!!

SHOW-TIME
08-05-2004, 10:14 PM
hey welcome chicago mike

so-cal vike
08-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Just beware of Texpack, he's the Texas version of "Rainman." He's has all the numbers right, it's just his mind isn't all there. By the way, he's an excellent driver.

SKOL
08-06-2004, 02:01 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Just beware of Texpack, he's Wisconsin's version of "Rainman." He's has all the numbers right, it's just his mind isn't all there. By the way, he's an excellent driver.

Greetings Chicago Mike.

Yes there are the resident Packers' fans here. Three of whom are welcome. You'll figure out who they are in no time. Beware of the personal hate mail from Texpack. He's nearly got himself banned. You can push him over the edge by posting a positive Vikings post. He hasn't yet figured out this is a Vikings site.

casper
08-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Welcome aboard Chicago Mike, as you will find this is the place with lots of great folks and yea TEXPACK is one of the trolls who hangs out and smacks here now and again :roll: (he knows this is the best board and NFL SITE in the world)... but all the sites have at least one, besides deep down inside that big 238lbs 6'4" exterier is really a VIKING fan tring to come out :headbang: and at the end of this season he will be hating Puckers and chesseheads alike :violent3: anyway enjoy the season and the folks are glad your here :occasion5:

You can't hide from the purple pride :happy9:

AngloVike
08-06-2004, 03:19 AM
Welcome Mike always good to see another Vikes fan on the board, maybe you'll be able to keep up updated with the local gossip on da Bears as well - especially when their season goes belly up :lol:

hawaiianvike21
08-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Hey Mike, hows life with all the bear fans living with you???? Ive been around chicago and got some strange looks wearing the moss jersey. Are you right in downtown chicago or in a suburbl. Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit.

whackthepack
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Welcome Chicago Mike, always great to meet another purple blooded person.

I lived in Waukegan for a couple of years, I was there in 85 when the Bears won it all, got a lot of crap for being a vikes fan.

"so-cal vike" wrote:

Just beware of Texpack, he's Wisconsin's version of "Rainman." He's has all the numbers right, it's just his mind isn't all there. By the way, he's an excellent driver.

LOL good one So-Cal

SKOL
08-06-2004, 01:44 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit.

I agree. I go there every year. My experience is that the people are genuinely nice..., not like other big cities. They'll look you in the eye and smile.

ItalianStallion
08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey mike do Bears games sell out like vikes or packers games. I was wondering how much the average VIking-Bears game up there at soldier field cost?

VIKE58
08-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Welcome Mike :!: I hope you enjoy the time you spend hanging out here :!:

josdin00
08-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Welcome, Mike. It's always nice to find other Vikings fans here in Illinois.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Hey mike do Bears games sell out like vikes or packers games. I was wondering how much the average VIking-Bears game up there at soldier field cost?

Italian, all that's left for this year's Vikings @ Bears game is single seats, and the cheapest one I could find was $265 (through ticketmaster). Bears games sell out fairly quickly, so you have to jump on them right when they go on sale.

SKOL
08-06-2004, 02:49 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

all that's left for this year's Vikings @ Bears game is single seats, and the cheapest one I could find was $265 (through ticketmaster). Bears games sell out fairly quickly, so you have to jump on them right when they go on sale.

$265 - are you serious? Is that in a suite? I thought my season tickets were high at $90 per seat (normally $98 tickets).

vikesgirl
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Great to meet another VIKES fan from IL. I thought I had it rough growing up with a Packer and Bear fan but it must suck living in Chicago and being a purple fan.

Chicago Mike
08-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

Thanks everyone.

I'm in the SW suburbs, amonst Die-hard bear & LIKE Minn., there's a
lot of Packer fans around, as well.

Tickets here can be had, but depending on the game & seats, CAN
get pricey. :roll:

I've got tix for the Vikes-bears, and Vikes-Packers in Lambeau.

Gonna be a GREAT season! :thumbleft: :thumbright: :cheers:

And Yea, I turn heads with my #84 Moss jersey, as well! :shock:

Vikings RULE, Packers drool, da bears suck, and the lions, fittingly,
bring up the rear end! :bootyshake:

TEXPACK
08-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Welcome Mike, I just wanted to personally apologize to you for the hopes and dreams of your sucessful season well in advance.

so-cal vike
08-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Told you, didn't I Mike.