PDA

View Full Version : Moss selected #1 rookie to make an impact last 25 years



enlvikeman
04-14-2006, 12:48 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2006/04/13/gallery.nflimpactrookies3/index.1.exclude.html

Ltrey33
04-14-2006, 12:51 AM
Pfft...overrated! :lol:

Webby
04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
*chanting* over-rated over-rated over-rated!!

I don't see a SB from him!

Slade
04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
I think Barry Sanders should be #1

cajunvike
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Dickerson was the MAN!!! Over 1800 yards his rookie year...Barry Sanders is probably the best RB ever, but Dickerson was right up there...and certainly more productive his rookie season!

SharperVikings
04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
wow....i woulda thought others....!

Json
04-14-2006, 01:20 AM
L.T. Baby! That man was a beast. 133 tackles and 9 1/2 sacks as a rookie. Unheard of.

Moss was the shizznit in 98. Man I loved that season...all but the field goal...OUCH!

marshallvike
04-14-2006, 01:35 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Dickerson was the MAN!!! Over 1800 yards his rookie year...Barry Sanders is probably the best RB ever, but Dickerson was right up there...and certainly more productive his rookie season! 1800 yds is great for a veteran, much less a rookie. i have to disagree though on two points. walter was probably the best rb ever. and after that monday night game in green bush in randy's first year i could never put any rookie ahead of randy. that game was maybe the most satisfying game i remember as a viking fan, going back to the 70's

cajunvike
04-14-2006, 01:39 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Dickerson was the MAN!!! Over 1800 yards his rookie year...Barry Sanders is probably the best RB ever, but Dickerson was right up there...and certainly more productive his rookie season! 1800 yds is great for a veteran, much less a rookie. i have to disagree though on two points. walter was probably the best rb ever. and after that monday night game in green bush in randy's first year i could never put any rookie ahead of randy. that game was maybe the most satisfying game i remember as a viking fan, going back to the 70's

Well, we have to agree to disagree...while Sweetness WAS a very classy guy, he just didn't quite have the moves that Barry had...very close competition, but Barry wins out...just imagine what he could have done behind a REAL O-line!

PurplePride80
04-14-2006, 01:44 AM
I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

FedjeViking
04-14-2006, 01:49 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

sirweeze
04-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Defenses had to game plan around Moss. Other teams eventually felt the need to start drafting or signing larger CBs that could keep up with him (didn't the Packers draft three CBs the following draft?) He had Nintendo stats his first year.

Yeah, I'd say that's an impact.

viks_fan21
04-14-2006, 02:19 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

what does that mean? DC didn't pass to Moss his rookie year.

sleepagent
04-14-2006, 02:21 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

Pep wasn't around in 1998. He was drafted in 1999 & sat on the pine. 1st two years with Randy was Cunningham & George.

viks_fan21
04-14-2006, 02:23 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

Pep wasn't around in 1998. He was drafted in 1999 & sat on the pine. 1st two years with Randy was Cunningham & George.

Yeah, I just noticed that too, and pointed it out right above you.

LAVike
04-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Amen! To be listed ahead of Eric Dickerson and Lawrence Taylor is quite an honor. Man, I miss the '98 season!

sleepagent
04-14-2006, 02:37 AM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

Pep wasn't around in 1998. He was drafted in 1999 & sat on the pine. 1st two years with Randy was Cunningham & George.

Yeah, I just noticed that too, and pointed it out right above you.

We must have been typing at the same time, and I ain't a trailblazer with the keyboard. You hadn't posted yet when I started my response.

midgensa
04-14-2006, 02:47 AM
"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Which record are we trying to top? Anquan Boldin went for 101 catches and 1377 yards his rookie year ... so nabbed two of the three right there ... the TDs are quite impressive though.

viks_fan21
04-14-2006, 02:50 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

"viks_fan21" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Yea, but not without Pep. There are others that are better.

Pep wasn't around in 1998. He was drafted in 1999 & sat on the pine. 1st two years with Randy was Cunningham & George.

Yeah, I just noticed that too, and pointed it out right above you.

We must have been typing at the same time, and I ain't a trailblazer with the keyboard. You hadn't posted yet when I started my response.

Oh, I wasn't mad or anything. I just thought it was an odd coincidence.

KY Vike
04-14-2006, 03:00 AM
#1 Offense in league history
if thats not impact i don't know what is.

sleepagent
04-14-2006, 03:10 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"PurplePride80" wrote:

I definatley agree with Randy Moss being #1 on this list.

He was a BIG part of why we were so good in 1998 and no rookie has ever had an impact like that.

Moss caught 69 passes for 1,313 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Let me know when someone breaks that record.

Which record are we trying to top? Anquan Boldin went for 101 catches and 1377 yards his rookie year ... so nabbed two of the three right there ... the TDs are quite impressive though.

I don't think SI was speaking merely on the stats, but the overall package. I think it would be tough to outdo do that impact!

collegeguyjeff
04-14-2006, 03:34 AM
#1 positive impact, #1 negative impacts could be kijana carter, tony mandarich (packers) and brian bosworth.

DaunteHOF
04-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

ItalianStallion
04-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Randy Moss was literally unstoppable as a rookie, 'nuff said.

Ltrey33
04-14-2006, 04:02 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:

ultravikingfan
04-14-2006, 04:31 AM
"Slade" wrote:

I think Barry Sanders should be #1

Huh? Barry had a good rookie year but nothing better than other RB's.

1470 yards and 14 TD's.

ultravikingfan
04-14-2006, 04:32 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

I figured you would chime in about Pep.

*sob, sob*

FedjeViking
04-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

Zeus
04-14-2006, 04:53 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Dickerson was the MAN!!! Over 1800 yards his rookie year...Barry Sanders is probably the best RB ever, but Dickerson was right up there...and certainly more productive his rookie season! 1800 yds is great for a veteran, much less a rookie. i have to disagree though on two points. walter was probably the best rb ever. and after that monday night game in green bush in randy's first year i could never put any rookie ahead of randy. that game was maybe the most satisfying game i remember as a viking fan, going back to the 70's

Well, we have to agree to disagree...while Sweetness WAS a very classy guy, he just didn't quite have the moves that Barry had...very close competition, but Barry wins out...just imagine what he could have done behind a REAL O-line!

When, exactly, did Walter Payton have a "REAL O-Line"?

The argument for best ever RB has two names - Payton and Brown.

=Z=

farvathevikinglover
04-14-2006, 05:05 AM
i'm goin with Randy. he was amazing. if only him and management couldve gotten along... I think Randy will make the HOF, not sure about Pep
.

Jeremy
04-14-2006, 06:01 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:You really just need stats for the HOF. Warren Moon, Dan Marino and Barry Sanders never won anything thier hall of famers. Charles Haley has 5 Super Bowl rings and doubt he'll ever make it in.

Moss is the only reciever with a legit shot at breaking Rice's recieving records. As long as his numbers don't fall off the map he's in.

Same with Culpepper, if he continues to put up good passing numbers he'll make it in. His yards and TD's per game rank up there with the best ever.

collegeguyjeff
04-14-2006, 06:13 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

so randall cunningham and jeff george were good qbs? thats what made moss so good so young? huh?

Ltrey33
04-14-2006, 06:16 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

so randall cunningham and jeff george were good qbs? thats what made moss so good so young? huh?

Cunningham and George had all the talent in the world. They just never won anything.

ultravikingfan
04-14-2006, 06:17 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

FedjeViking
04-14-2006, 02:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

That's right! ALL need to work together, and Moss seemed to forget he was part of a team at times.

I didn't much care for George, but I did like Cunningham! He was the reasons I would watch the Eagles play when I couldn't get a Vike game in my area. I was overjoyed when he came to the Vikes! He did well, but the rest of the team didn't work together. This is something that hasn't worked really since the days of the purple people eaters. Hence, no superbowls.

sunny
04-14-2006, 03:22 PM
They sure could have used a better picture of Randy. (they must have thought everyone wanted one last look at the old Oilers uninforms) :roll:

Benet
04-14-2006, 05:33 PM
"KY Vike" wrote:

#1 Offense in league history
if thats not impact i don't know what is.

Totally agree.

cajunvike
04-14-2006, 05:57 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Dickerson was the MAN!!! Over 1800 yards his rookie year...Barry Sanders is probably the best RB ever, but Dickerson was right up there...and certainly more productive his rookie season! 1800 yds is great for a veteran, much less a rookie. i have to disagree though on two points. walter was probably the best rb ever. and after that monday night game in green bush in randy's first year i could never put any rookie ahead of randy. that game was maybe the most satisfying game i remember as a viking fan, going back to the 70's

Well, we have to agree to disagree...while Sweetness WAS a very classy guy, he just didn't quite have the moves that Barry had...very close competition, but Barry wins out...just imagine what he could have done behind a REAL O-line!

When, exactly, did Walter Payton have a "REAL O-Line"?

The argument for best ever RB has two names - Payton and Brown.

=Z=

In your house maybe...in mine, Barry stands above BOTH of them...neither of them had the pure elusiveness that Barry had...they were great, no doubt about it...but Barry is THE MAN!!!

Payton's OL (with Pro Bowls totals): Jon Morris (7), Jay Hilgenberg (7), Mark Bortz (2), Jimbo Covert (2)

Barry's OL (with Pro Bowl totals): Lomas Brown (6), Kevin Glover (3).

By my totals, Payton had more Pro Bowlers blocking for him than Payton did.

But that's beside the point...Barry had a higher YPC than Payton did and more yards than Jim Brown...and was definitely the MOST ELUSIVE runner the game has ever seen!

DCPologirl
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:You really just need stats for the HOF. Warren Moon, Dan Marino and Barry Sanders never won anything thier hall of famers. Charles Haley has 5 Super Bowl rings and doubt he'll ever make it in.

Moss is the only reciever with a legit shot at breaking Rice's recieving records. As long as his numbers don't fall off the map he's in.

Same with Culpepper, if he continues to put up good passing numbers he'll make it in. His yards and TD's per game rank up there with the best ever.

:thumbright: exactly

Ltrey33
04-14-2006, 06:06 PM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:You really just need stats for the HOF. Warren Moon, Dan Marino and Barry Sanders never won anything thier hall of famers. Charles Haley has 5 Super Bowl rings and doubt he'll ever make it in.

Moss is the only reciever with a legit shot at breaking Rice's recieving records. As long as his numbers don't fall off the map he's in.

Same with Culpepper, if he continues to put up good passing numbers he'll make it in. His yards and TD's per game rank up there with the best ever.

Look at their numbers though! Marino holds about every single passing record in the NFL and Sanders is in the top 5 all time in rushing. Warren Moon also played for 16 years or something like that. Not to mention the fact that he is 3rd all time in completions and passing yardage and I'm pretty sure he's top 5 in touchdowns as well. Moon also won 5 Grey Cups in the CFL.

If you project Daunte's stats out, and you figure he keeps going at the same pace then he's going to need another 10 YEARS (and we're not sure if he'll ever even be the same again) to get close to Moon. The odds of Daunte playing another 10 years are slim to none. He's already been in the league 8 years and the league's "iron man" who has never had a serious injury and has played for the last 13 years straight is contemplating retirement after 16. Yes, you need stats, but they have to be DAMN good ones.

V4L
04-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Aren't they talking about best rookie impact?

Not all around impact?

Slade
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Slade" wrote:

I think Barry Sanders should be #1

Huh? Barry had a good rookie year but nothing better than other RB's.

1470 yards and 14 TD's.

~ Its still pretty impressive, also remember he had a POS O-Line

Del Rio
04-14-2006, 06:37 PM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:You really just need stats for the HOF. Warren Moon, Dan Marino and Barry Sanders never won anything thier hall of famers. Charles Haley has 5 Super Bowl rings and doubt he'll ever make it in.

Moss is the only reciever with a legit shot at breaking Rice's recieving records. As long as his numbers don't fall off the map he's in.

Same with Culpepper, if he continues to put up good passing numbers he'll make it in. His yards and TD's per game rank up there with the best ever.

Not true

There are players out there with amazing stats and no HOF.

You need more then stats to enter the HOF, and no Culpepper will not make it on numbers alone.

Dan Marino never won anything? Never won a superbowl yes, never won anything? He monopolized damn near all passing records. You get into the HOF by standing out in a crowd. Warren Moon was one of the first African American QB's to lead a team to sustained playoff births, his longevity, his role as an African American QB, and his epic numbers let him into the HOF.

Barry Sanders considered my some to be the greatest running back to play the game? Who cares if he won or not. At the end of the day no one is going to sit down and say Daunte Culpepper changed the game. Mobile QB? Cunningham did it first and better then Pepper.

It's almost laughable that you are suggesting Dan Marino, Warren Moon, and Barry Sanders got in on stats. These players molded the game of football and changed the NFL.

The only way Culpepper has set himself apart in the NFL is one stat and one stat only:

Most Fumbles, Season
23 Daunte Culpepper, Minnesota, 2002

BadlandsVikings
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
If he plays like he played last year before he got hurt he will never make it.

viks_fan21
04-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Unless he (Daunte) gets a a ring or two up there in Finland, he'll never make it in. Regardless of his stats.

Del Rio
04-14-2006, 07:05 PM
I think you have to at least consider Moss for the top spot. He changed the game. So did other players that have been mentioned. Once you reach a point to who deserves to be discussed it comes down to preference.

I think Moss should at least be in the mix.

VIKINGinGEORGIA
04-14-2006, 07:22 PM
All arguements I have read for best RB do not mention anything about blocking and catching. In today's NFL backs are expected to run for a hundred, catch for 40 plus and pick up the MLB on the blitz. Factoring in these elements. Who gets the Crown. Most people will say Jim Brown, Walter Payton or B. Sanders.

ultravikingfan
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:

All arguements I have read for best RB do not mention anything about blocking and catching. In today's NFL backs are expected to run for a hundred, catch for 40 plus and pick up the MLB on the blitz. Factoring in these elements. Who gets the Crown. Most people will say Jim Brown, Walter Payton or B. Sanders.

Thats because blocking and catching is so overshadowed by everything else they did. And catching was really not as common back then as it is now.

From what I know, Payton was an excellent blocker.

BigMoInAZ
04-15-2006, 03:43 AM
I think it speaks volumns to the fact this impact player is no longer wearing Viking Purple!

ItalianStallion
04-15-2006, 03:53 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Yup and we traded him, I wasnt too mad since we had Pep but now two HOFers are gone. We better win a superbowl soon or it'll look real bad

Daunte a hall of famer? Are you on crack?!

The jury is still out on Moss too. He had a great first 6 years, but year #7 was pretty shaky and he has yet to win anything. I think Moss MIGHT make it, because I think last year was kind of a fluke. I think he'll be back as one of the league's best receivers next year and if he can sustain that for another 4 or 5 years he has a shot to make the hall.

Daunte on the other hand...no way! He has had 2 really good years and 1 OK year. He's also had 3 so-so to bad years. He's also only ever been to the NFC Championship once and the playoffs twice. You'd be better off arguing for McNabb in the HOF! Daunte in the hall of fame...:roll:

Moss already has better career numbers than probably 80% of the receivers in the Hall, so I think he is a lock (unless he goes and kills someone or something).

coreyd
04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Moss should be number 1. The guy came in and tore it up instantly. Plus there was not that much expected from him. So, when he came in he made a statement. Granted he didnt get a ring for us, but he sure as hell made it close enough in my book.

I am not a huge Randy Moss fan like some on this site, but I have to say that the guy has talent. He has proven himself and I am excited to see what he does for Oaktown.

Moss #1 is not a mistake.

blouxme
04-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Funky Freaky Rocket Azz thing going on for his bad self.

Perch56
04-16-2006, 01:22 AM
i agree with si he was a huge impact for the vikes, 15-1 is ridiculus, d@mn you falcons

collegeguyjeff
04-16-2006, 11:10 PM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

That's right! ALL need to work together, and Moss seemed to forget he was part of a team at times.

I didn't much care for George, but I did like Cunningham! He was the reasons I would watch the Eagles play when I couldn't get a Vike game in my area. I was overjoyed when he came to the Vikes! He did well, but the rest of the team didn't work together. This is something that hasn't worked really since the days of the purple people eaters. Hence, no superbowls.

exactly, the offense needs to work together to accomplish anything i don't care how good one player is. also i don't care how good the offense is if the defense can't stop anyone from scoring.

Odin VAVikefan
04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

Warren Moon also played for 16 years or something like that. Not to mention the fact that he is 3rd all time in completions and passing yardage and I'm pretty sure he's top 5 in touchdowns as well. Moon also won 5 Grey Cups in the CFL.


Plus nobody could throw their spouse down a flight of stairs with as much precision and velocity as Warren Moon!! :shock:

Mr Anderson
04-17-2006, 01:02 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

Doesn't all of this validate the point I made about Hines Ward after the super bowl? Saying that he would be extremely unsuccessful without the right players around him or without the right plays being called. Which I was violently ripped apart for btw.

ultravikingfan
04-17-2006, 01:10 AM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

Doesn't all of this validate the point I made about Hines Ward after the super bowl? Saying that he would be extremely unsuccessful without the right players around him or without the right plays being called. Which I was violently ripped apart for btw.

No.

Your said he sucked and would fail on any other team.

Mr Anderson
04-17-2006, 01:18 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Mr Anderson" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Yep, your right! But a WR is still only as good as the QB.

And a QB is only as good as his O-line.

Doesn't all of this validate the point I made about Hines Ward after the super bowl? Saying that he would be extremely unsuccessful without the right players around him or without the right plays being called. Which I was violently ripped apart for btw.

No.

You said he sucked and would fail on any other team.

I said that he gets way more credit than he deserves, is a horrible athlete, and was totally undeserving of MVP.

And, I don't know the difference between being extremely unsuccessful and failing.

Tharock
04-17-2006, 01:45 AM
i love it moss is the man

LLOHMANN
04-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Moss was the best rookie by far since Sweetness. Especially being drafted where he was and actually getting playing time. Billick made Moss a great rookie by putting in so many multiple wide reciever sets.

FinNasty23
04-17-2006, 04:46 AM
How Marino didnt make it on that list is beyond me...

vikeswin2005
04-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Marino 1983-rookie year 173-296 58.4% 2210 yds 20 td 6 int record 12-4
Moss 1998-rookie year 69 rec 1313 yds 17 tds and only started 11 gms

Marino was a stud but the #'s that Moss put up his 1st yr at that position is what earned him the nickname "the freak"

EDIT: sorry fin thought I mis-read your post I thought you were saying Marino had a better rookie year than Moss

FinNasty23
04-17-2006, 05:04 AM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

Marino 1983-rookie year 173-296 58.4% 2210 yds 20 td 6 int record 12-4
Moss 1998-rookie year 69 rec 1313 yds 17 tds and only started 11 gms

Marino was a stud but the #'s that Moss put up his 1st yr at that position is what earned him the nickname "the freak"

EDIT: sorry fin thought I mis-read your post I thought you were saying Marino had a better rookie year than Moss

oh no... I aint sayin Marino should have been #1... just that he got robbed not making that list...

LunchBox
04-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Moss is definately in the hall already. He's already what? 6th all-time in TD receptions?

MaddenVodkaAddict
04-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Moss is awesome. Actually, I just wanted say that fin has a cool looking sig.

Tharock
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
i love moss i have a video of him here check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQuk64vtvX8

ultravikingfan
04-18-2006, 12:59 PM
"LunchBox" wrote:

Moss is definately in the hall already. He's already what? 6th all-time in TD receptions?

8th.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/rct.htm

VKG4LFE
04-20-2006, 12:59 AM
It's hard to argue with that list except for Urlacher. I'm sorry but I think he is so overrated!