PDA

View Full Version : Team moves R. Owens to fullback

singersp
04-10-2006, 01:13 PM
From KFFL;

Vikings | Team moves R. Owens to fullback
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 07:14:13 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Richard Owens has been moved to fullback.

baumy300
04-10-2006, 01:31 PM
That doesnt make any sense.....We just signed the best fullback in the game and we have Kleinsasser who is the 2nd best.

I think this is BS.

singersp
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

That doesnt make any sense.....We just signed the best fullback in the game and we have Kleinsasser who is the 2nd best.

I think this is BS.

I don't know what to make of this yet also. KFFL is usually quite reputable.

I'll keep my ear to the ground.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Why?

baumy300
04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

I think this is BS.

I don't know what to make of this yet also. KFFL is usually quite reputable.

I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Sounds good :)

It's hard to get good viking news here (Illinois) when all the idiots are yapping about the bears winning it all most of the time :roll: (With their leauge-easiest schedule)

KirillDM
04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Dont we have Joey GoodSpeed? who is a decent fullback? Man this WCO sure needs a lot of Fullbacks. Some teams don ever carry a fullback on their roster. We got 3 for sure and the "sasser"

badbois
04-10-2006, 03:58 PM
maybe we should use or 1st rd pick to draft a fullback. just to make sure we have that position locked up....

ultravikingfan
04-10-2006, 06:07 PM
"badbois" wrote:

maybe we should use or 1st rd pick to draft a fullback. just to make sure we have that position locked up....

Or maybe a long snapper if we are going that route.

tastywaves
04-10-2006, 10:59 PM
"badbois" wrote:

No doubt Childress has a Jones about fullbacks. I've been having a hard time with this for some time. Its one thing to start featuring a fullback more, but how many do you really need? I think we have more fullbacks now than receivers. Even if their practice squad guys, spots are still limited.

Benet
04-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Could it be that Owens might be trained at playing Full-Back so, when the regular season comes around, he can play BOTH Full-Back and Tight-End? If he's trying to keep his place on the squad then versatility might play a big role in that..

V4L
04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
What do we plan on doing?

Richardson, Goodspeed, Owens and Kleinny

All fullbacks unless you consider Jimbo a TE

singersp
04-11-2006, 01:02 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

What do we plan on doing?

Richardson, Goodspeed, Owens and Kleinny

All fullbacks unless you consider Jimbo a TE

Kliensasser is & has been a tightend. :wink:

Json
04-11-2006, 01:08 AM
He's probally being moved around to see what he can all do. Being able to play more then one spot is a huge advantage for the guy, to try an make himself a spot on the team.

Remember it is still only April. Many months to come before we know how the lineup looks.

tastywaves
06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

No doubt Childress has a Jones about fullbacks. I've been having a hard time with this for some time. Its one thing to start featuring a fullback more, but how many do you really need? I think we have more fullbacks now than receivers. Even if their practice squad guys, spots are still limited.

Do FB's have a place in MN?

Zeus
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM
tastywaves wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

Nice thread dredge. You channeling Prophet today?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Geez, I was gonna say that I thought we got rid of Owens a while ago... only to see its 4 years old.

tastywaves
06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Zeus wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

Nice thread dredge. You channeling Prophet today?

=Z=

It was mostly for Marrdro's benefit. Bringing up some of this regime's history with fullbacks as he continues his discussion on whether or not the FB has a place anymore.

Marrdro
06-09-2010, 11:34 AM
tastywaves wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

Isn't there a yutz on here who keeps saying the FB is a dead position?

marstc09
06-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

It is on this team. LOL. Tahi=dead!

Marrdro
06-11-2010, 07:30 AM
marstc09 wrote:

Marrdro wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

tastywaves wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

It is on this team. LOL. Tahi=dead!
It doesn't matter what FB they have back there. None of you will be happy with him. ;)

i_bleed_purple
06-11-2010, 07:30 AM
I was happy with Richardson.

Scratch that, I was thrilled with Richardson.

I'd be happy with anybody who can put forth an effort and actually block effectively. I don't care if its the wrong guy, just hit SOMEBODY.