PDA

View Full Version : Onterrio Smith Will be Welcomed Back by Vikings

PurplePride80
04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Onterrio Smith: Will be Welcomed Back by Vikings
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Sunday, April 9, 2006

Update: Smith (drug suspension) is eligible for reinstatement by the league next month and the Vikings say they will welcome back to the team. "The way this coaching staff responds to players, this would be the right environment for him to move his career forward," owner Zygi Wilf told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "But all that's subject to his reinstatement."

Recommendation: Smith is a wild card for the 2006 fantasy season as it's hard to know what kind of shape he'll be in physically or mentally after missing a season due to third violation of the league's drug policy. However, if he's reinstated it looks like the coaching staff may let him contend for a sizable role.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-nterriomithillbeelco&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

I don't know about you guys, but I'm HAPPY about this.

Onterrio Smith has always been my favorite RB and I'm glad were giving him a 2nd chance.

alberta_vike
04-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I'll be glad if they don't cut him right away after he gets reinstated. Can't hurt to let him meet the new staff. He's got alot of talent and it would be a shame to have to let him go.

vikeswin2005
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
nothing wrong with depth at rb , I think Smith is/could be a descent player

Ltrey33
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that NO ONE KNOWS. Just the other day there was a report that he was going to be cut.

VikingsTw
04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
That other report was just BS speculation, and most posters took it as if it where coming out of Childress's mouth. I think it would be a mistake not to bring him back. Its low risk, high reward type thing.

ejmat
04-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I agree. He's a good talent but it's hard to say how he will react. He needs a controlled environment and the Vikings coaching staff seems to be able to provide that. I wouldn't mind him back and it would save us from worrying about that position right now. Not a high risk move.

i_bleed_purple
04-09-2006, 08:56 PM
I say let him come back, even if he does hit the gonge again then they can cut him, but if he doesn't he could help out alot. there's nothing to lose by at least giving him a chance.

i_bleed_purple
04-09-2006, 08:56 PM
srry double post :evil:

LAVike
04-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Gotta see what the kid can do. We should get first crack at him anyway. Hopefully Koren can keep him in check. I'd hate to just dump his talent.

Mr. Purple
04-09-2006, 08:58 PM
It dosnt hurt to have Depth, if lord forbid Taylor gets hurt we're back to our same RB line up as last year. And that couldnt get the job done,I hope we alow him to come back. He might be a idoit ,but hes a talented idoit who hopefully learned his lesson.

Vikes
04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Awsome news...Keep up the good work Ziggy!

MensaTice
04-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I hope this is true. I like his game a lot more than MeMo's. Taylor, Richardson, and Smith could potentially be the best backfield in the NFL

cc21
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I thought that he was the best RB we had hands down when he played with us before. Hopefully he has kept himself in great shape since he has been gone.

VikesfaninWis
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
The only thing positive that I can say about that is atleast we have Chester Taylor this time in case he screws up again.. I guess I am not really all that estatic about him possibly coming back. I think Moore, Fason, and Taylor are just fine the way it is.. I say the Vikes should use Smith as trade bait, and ship him out of town because he can't be trusted in the time of need.

PurpleRide
04-09-2006, 10:03 PM
"LAVike" wrote:

Gotta see what the kid can do. We should get first crack at him anyway. Hopefully Koren can keep him in check. I'd hate to just dump his talent.

Being a drunk and being a pot head are two different things. If certain people here were so dead set on getting rid of pep for being a "non team player". Being kicked out of the league for refusing to change your habits after being warned that many times is not being a team first type of player. It was all about him and his pot, if he cared about the team he would have seeked a better way to quit or hide it rather than using a fake white d!ick to cover his problem. I say if they want to rid players for being non team players he should be gone as well.

mr.woo
04-09-2006, 10:10 PM
i think chester is the better back but it doesnt hurt to have hm a a backup. but wat isee happening is him getting fed up with not a lot of playing time and turning back to pot.

raginghelga914
04-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Make it work Onterrio!!!! You've got a second chance to show your skills!!

norseforce
04-10-2006, 07:24 AM
we have all done stupid mistakes, it's how you come back from that setback that matters, CRIS CARTER always used to say every good man he know's has been through something. onterio is a baller I'm glad to have him back.

vikesoto
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Wow, that's a surprise.......I thought he was long gone........

olson_10
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
i hope we use him in goal-line and short yardage situations..we really need somebody to fill moe's role, and onterrio can do it even better than moe did

MensaTice
04-10-2006, 08:04 AM
"olson_10" wrote:

i hope we use him in goal-line and short yardage situations..we really need somebody to fill moe's role, and onterrio can do it even better than moe did

If he's on the roster I don't think he'll be limited like that. This is going out on a limb but I'm envisioning more of a Priest, Larry Johnson, Tony backfield with these three. Smith and Taylor can each be productive with Taylor still being the #1 back and Smith being used more than just a goal- line guy. I do agree that he'd probably be our best guy on the goal-line I'm just saying that I think his role can be bigger than Moe's.

faninphx
04-10-2006, 09:07 AM
HMMMM.....
I thought we had written him off a long time ago. I was impressed w/ his ability in 2004 and I guess America is about 2nd chances (or 3rd or 4th). At least there's very little risk involved. I'm just curious about what kind of shape he's in.

SnoSho
04-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Course this all pends on Childress agreeing with Zygi on this. Not sure how Childress is on 3rd chances.

Caine
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
IF we keep him this will be his LAST chance to make an impact.

4 strikes already in the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, 1 year already away from football...this guy had better be working his TAIL off to prove he deserves to be here.

The sad part is, he has amazing natural ability. He COULD have been a premier back...instead, he's simply a Ricky Williams wanna-be.

I believe we still have him under contract - if not, I'm certain we can get him for cheap - either way, he's worth a shot. It's not like we're out anything really if he flops.

And, if he pulls his head out and becomes another Koren Robinson, we have ourselves a nice stable of capable RB's.

Caine

olson_10
04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
"MensaTice" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

If he's on the roster I don't think he'll be limited like that. This is going out on a limb but I'm envisioning more of a Priest, Larry Johnson, Tony backfield with these three. Smith and Taylor can each be productive with Taylor still being the #1 back and Smith being used more than just a goal- line guy. I do agree that he'd probably be our best guy on the goal-line I'm just saying that I think his role can be bigger than Moe's.
i agree with that..but if we happen to be featuring chester (considering how much we paid him) then onterrio would be fantastic in that role..we dont have any other backs that put their head down and go right into the line like onterrio

olson_10
04-10-2006, 11:04 AM
"Caine" wrote:

4 strikes already in the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, 1 year already away from football...this guy had better be working his TAIL off to prove he deserves to be here.

The sad part is, he has amazing natural ability. He COULD have been a premier back...instead, he's simply a Ricky Williams wanna-be.

I believe we still have him under contract - if not, I'm certain we can get him for cheap - either way, he's worth a shot. It's not like we're out anything really if he flops.

And, if he pulls his head out and becomes another Koren Robinson, we have ourselves a nice stable of capable RB's.

Caine
exactly..you cant really write him off for his history quite yet..didnt koren have 3 strikes against him with alcohol related problems? i just know he was suspended for his drinking, and now hes a pro bowler..we can use smith in a backup/goal-line role until we find out just how committed he is to his career, and then find out if he deserves a chance at being featured in our offense

Jeremy
04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
IMO he is the most talented RB on the roster. He has the speed to take it the distance and the leg drive to move the pile.

There isn't a RB on the roster that can move the pile with Moe Williams gone. We have three 3rd down backs with Taylor, Moore, and Fason. All of them are more quick than fast. They all lack top end speed and size. They can all catch the ball out of the backfeild.

Jeremy
04-10-2006, 11:16 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"LAVike" wrote:

Being a drunk and being a pot head are two different things. If certain people here were so dead set on getting rid of pep for being a "non team player". Being kicked out of the league for refusing to change your habits after being warned that many times is not being a team first type of player. It was all about him and his pot, if he cared about the team he would have seeked a better way to quit or hide it rather than using a fake white d!ick to cover his problem. I say if they want to rid players for being non team players he should be gone as well.Then they also shouldn't have signed Tank Willaims who got a DUI in Feburary. He was arrested about a month before they signed him.

The whole "Childress is cleaning up the riff-raff" is way over blown. Smoot and McKinnie would be gone if that was the case. Kevin Willaims would be gone too for assulting his wife.

digital420
04-10-2006, 11:37 AM
"Jeremy" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

"LAVike" wrote:

Being a drunk and being a pot head are two different things. If certain people here were so dead set on getting rid of pep for being a "non team player". Being kicked out of the league for refusing to change your habits after being warned that many times is not being a team first type of player. It was all about him and his pot, if he cared about the team he would have seeked a better way to quit or hide it rather than using a fake white d!ick to cover his problem. I say if they want to rid players for being non team players he should be gone as well.Then they also shouldn't have signed Tank Willaims who got a DUI in Feburary. He was arrested about a month before they signed him.

The whole "Childress is cleaning up the riff-raff" is way over blown. Smoot and McKinnie would be gone if that was the case. Kevin Willaims would be gone too for assulting his wife.

being a drunk, pothead, WoWhead all of it.. it's all phycological.. a vice is something you believe you need.. some vice's actually cuase physical conditions that aid the phycological..

just to say that O.s is a problem child and let him go.. well we're talking about lots of Big Boys who play a physical game.. wonder then why they carry some of that physicalness off the field, or how they keep it from entering their life.

my hopes. O.s comes back and makes the tandem of C.t and we just blow teams away with the combo.. who's gonna get it.. and if B.j can get that play fake down pat.. then it's all open!!!

ugg. it's monday and in can't wake up..

DiGiTaL

AngloVike
04-10-2006, 01:28 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Caine
well said - classic case of having the ability and talent to go far but, as yet, has not chosen to use it properly. If Childress is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt then fair enough, but he won't be forgiving if Smith is not willing to put in the work and prove that he has changed his ways. Recent years have shown that the successful teams need depth at RB, we may just be getting to that stage.

Muggsy
04-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Ya know, a lot of youse mugs ragged on Mike Tice for givin' troublesome players chance after chance, especially Onterrio Smith. Now, for some reason, everybody wants ta immigrate 'Meathead' Mike an' welcome back da original Whizzinator wit' open arms, y'know? I don't get it!

Whizz-boy is an embarrassment to dis team. No matter what he does, no matter where he goes from now on, he will always be da butt of someone's joke, y'know? I say, dump him!

ultravikingfan
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I be wit da Mugz on dis one fellas.

Some of yus need to retink your convictions.

cajunvike
04-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I thought that he wasn't coming back...but it's all good...if he fails another test, we will be rid of him for good...but if he straightens up, then we get a very good RB back into the fold...and trust me, he is definitely more talented than the rest of our RBs (no disrespect intended) as well as more talented than most of the starting RBs in the NFL...now if only he can put it all together, he will have a breakout season!!!

whackthepack
04-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Remember what Wilf said about C-pep and then he was gone a month later. Until Onterrio is done with his suspension we are not going to find out what the Vikes are going to do.

Muggsy
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I be wit da Mugz on dis one fellas.

Some of yus need to retink your convictions.

Tanks, Ultra, but I wish youse wouldn't use da woid, 'convictions', y'know? Makes me noivous, y'know?

norseforce
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
the butt of someone's jokes? so your saying we cut a stud RB because you dont want him to be the butt of your buddies jokes when he comes back... whatever,...why is he an embarrassment? you just dont cut great talent because of a stupid mistake,the dude learned from his mistake,let him ball he's better than anybody else we have, there are people in the NFL doing alot worse than 420.

Muggsy
04-10-2006, 07:03 PM
"norseforce" wrote:

the butt of someone's jokes? so your saying we cut a stud RB because you dont want him to be the butt of your buddies jokes when he comes back... whatever,...why is he an embarrassment? you just dont cut great talent because of a stupid mistake,the dude learned from his mistake,let him ball he's better than anybody else we have, there are people in the NFL doing alot worse than 420.

A lot of people tought he loined from his mistake after da first two times, also, y'know? Dere ain't no way we know for soitain dat he's loined from his mistake, y'know? Once you got a taste for gettin' high, dere ain't no gettin' rid of da cravin' for it. Youse can only try to control it. I know dis for a fact, if, youse knows what I mean. I speaks from experience. So, he's behind da 8-ball, an' I don't tink he can kick it, but I wishes him well. I just wishes him well SOMEWHERES ELSE.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 07:04 PM
I use the wizzantor all the time whats the big deal?

digital420
04-10-2006, 07:20 PM
i agree with mugzy that it's alwasy on your mind.. but lets see here..

it's not like he's amphetimins or hullicinagenics.. he was puffin some whacky tobacky..
i've been there past it, left it, and back to enjoy it. I had to lay off for sports. the cravin though for the 420 was never bad.

he's a good running back, and i'd have to say if K.r can come back from something a lot more physicly demanding, O.s can show his intelligence/talent if he comes back, and then we get 2 f$#%ng good backs in tandem. and on o-line that's gonna give them highways to run through.

if he doesn't we settle for te's and M.m tryin to hold the other end of hte tandem. which aint all bad.

DiGiTaL

triedandtruevikesfan
04-10-2006, 07:35 PM
No thanks, I don't want him.

badbois
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I think if he fails another test and is suspended, we can't cut him and must keep paying his contract. Is that true? I guess he doesn't have much contract left so it is probably not a big deal. I say let the kid play.

Slade
04-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd give him one more chance. New coach, new system....we'll see. Remember, we didn't say "Get rid of Randy" after he ran over that parking meter attendant. OSmith is a good player, let him earn a spot.

~ Maybe i'm being biased because I have an autographed authentic Smith jersey :grin:

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
"badbois" wrote:

I think if he fails another test and is suspended, we can't cut him and must keep paying his contract. Is that true? I guess he doesn't have much contract left so it is probably not a big deal. I say let the kid play.must be hanging oout with Hippy Ricky Williams

V4L
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
"Muggsy" wrote:

"norseforce" wrote:

A lot of people tought he loined from his mistake after da first two times, also, y'know? Dere ain't no way we know for soitain dat he's loined from his mistake, y'know? Once you got a taste for gettin' high, dere ain't no gettin' rid of da cravin' for it. Youse can only try to control it. I know dis for a fact, if, youse knows what I mean. I speaks from experience. So, he's behind da 8-ball, an' I don't tink he can kick it, but I wishes him well. I just wishes him well SOMEWHERES ELSE.

Exactly

Webbigale2002
04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Last I heard, Onterrio was over at Dexter Manley's house playing playstation with Ricky Williams, so he's got those guys looking out for him.......he'll be fine.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
"Webbigale2002" wrote:

Last I heard, Onterrio was over at Dexter Manley's house playing playstation with Ricky Williams, so he's got those guys looking out for him.......he'll be fine.lol

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Ontarerrios friend Hippy ricky
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2402518

DCPologirl
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm very happy about that. He is a tremendous talent.

Prophet
Step backwards. Regardless of his talent he has already used up four tries. Someone mentioned he gets a second chance? Try a fifth chance. Let the Whizzinator walk, regardless of his potential. What will this do for team chemistry? What will the othe RBs think? I sure hope he has his act together now and he has been keeping in shape. My first impression is that this is a bad idea.

badbois
"westvirginiavikings" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

I think if he fails another test and is suspended, we can't cut him and must keep paying his contract. Is that true? I guess he doesn't have much contract left so it is probably not a big deal. I say let the kid play.must be hanging oout with Hippy Ricky Williams
I hope we can retire to the same block in amstardam.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:08 PM
round is a shape, that's the only shape you get in after you get the munchies

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Step backwards. Regardless of his talent he has already used up four tries. Someone mentioned he gets a second chance? Try a fifth chance. Let the Whizzinator walk, regardless of his potential. What will this do for team chemistry? What will the othe RBs think? I sure hope he has his act together now and he has been keeping in shape. My first impression is that this is a bad idea.
yeh, I bet letting onterio back on the team will rip it to shredds! what will the other rb's think? hopefully that they are grown men who are paid to play football and not worry about onterio exept to TRY and beet him out. christ, are you serious?

Prophet
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

yeh, I bet letting onterio back on the team will rip it to shredds! what will the other rb's think? hopefully that they are grown men who are paid to play football and not worry about onterio exept to TRY and beet him out. christ, are you serious?

First, I'm not Christ. I am the Prophet. Second, there is a team chemistry issue which is more important then the perceived talent the Whizzinator has. People that are putting their nose to the grindstone doing what they are suppose to be doing versus someone lighting it up and making the whole team suffer because of their own selfish interests is what we're talking about. The Whizzinator has proven multiple times that his own selfishness with the bud is more important then contributing to the team. Let the bastard walk. He can mature on his own dime and his own time.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:17 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

First, I'm not Christ. I am the Prophet. Second, there is a team chemistry issue which is more important then the perceived talent the Whizzinator has. People that are putting their nose to the grindstone doing what they are suppose to be doing versus someone lighting it up and making the whole team suffer because of their own selfish interests is what we're talking about. The Whizzinator has proven multiple times that his own selfishness with the bud is more important then contributing to the team. Let the bastard walk. He can mature on his own dime and his own time.very true, if most of us failed a drug test at work we would be kicked to the curb, yeah we don't make millions of dollars a year but still you can only baby someone so much

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:25 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

First, I'm not Christ. I am the Prophet. Second, there is a team chemistry issue which is more important then the perceived talent the Whizzinator has. People that are putting their nose to the grindstone doing what they are suppose to be doing versus someone lighting it up and making the whole team suffer because of their own selfish interests is what we're talking about. The Whizzinator has proven multiple times that his own selfishness with the bud is more important then contributing to the team. Let the bastard walk. He can mature on his own dime and his own time.
clearly miami didn't see it that way. even if ricki's appleal fails and he sit's another year, he will be welcomed back. football is cut-thought, and he still has to earn a spot. if he is a problem, then that won't happen. to sit here from the outside and say that he is a team chemistry issue because of smoking pot is silly. he is a fouth-round pick, not making big money and can be gotten rid of easily if he becomes a problem. downside: minimal, upside: possibly very big. so why not give the kid a chance? that's why it's called a chance.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

clearly miami didn't see it that way. even if ricki's appleal fails and he sit's another year, he will be welcomed back. football is cut-thought, and he still has to earn a spot. if he is a problem, then that won't happen. to sit here from the outside and say that he is a team chemistry issue because of smoking pot is silly. he is a fouth-round pick, not making big money and can be gotten rid of easily if he becomes a problem. downside minimal, upside possibly very big. so why not give the kid a chance? that's why it's called a chance.why would anyone keep ricky, everytime he has to sit he goes back to india and gets high

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:32 PM

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

clearly miami didn't see it that way. even if ricki's appleal fails and he sit's another year, he will be welcomed back. football is cut-thought, and he still has to earn a spot. if he is a problem, then that won't happen. to sit here from the outside and say that he is a team chemistry issue because of smoking pot is silly. he is a fouth-round pick, not making big money and can be gotten rid of easily if he becomes a problem. downside minimal, upside possibly very big. so why not give the kid a chance? that's why it's called a chance.why would anyone keep ricky, everytime he has to sit he goes back to india and gets high
ahhhh....because he is a good football player?

Prophet
04-10-2006, 08:34 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

clearly miami didn't see it that way. even if ricki's appleal fails and he sit's another year, he will be welcomed back. football is cut-thought, and he still has to earn a spot. if he is a problem, then that won't happen. to sit here from the outside and say that he is a team chemistry issue because of smoking pot is silly. he is a fouth-round pick, not making big money and can be gotten rid of easily if he becomes a problem. downside: minimal, upside: possibly very big. so why not give the kid a chance? that's why it's called a chance.

This is a board laden with opinion. Your opinion of giving him another (i.e., Fifth) chance is also from the outside looking in. The whole premise of the new-look Vikings is to build a team with people that have character and talent. Someone that has habitually chosen themself over the team has shown a character flaw that has a high probability of repeating itself. Your opinion is based on blind optimism rather then documented history.

The Whizzinator has not only shown that he could care less about using drugs and how it affects the team, but he was caught trying to hide his situation with a fake penis rather then addressing the situation and forced out of the league for a year. Did that effect the team last year? It sure did.

The smoking pot issue is minimal. He chose doing something for personal reasons rather then working as a member of a team. He did this multiple times. Forgive and move on. Just because you forgive him doesnt' mean you have to invite him back into the house so he can rape the team again. Sure, give him another chance, just make it on another team.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:35 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

ahhhh....because he is a good football player?yeah, then the team needs to hire him a babysitter

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:43 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

This is a board laden with opinion. Your opinion of giving him another (i.e., Fifth) chance is also from the outside looking in. The whole premise of the new-look Vikings is to build a team with people that have character and talent. Someone that has habitually chosen themself over the team has shown a character flaw that has a high probability of repeating itself. Your opinion is based on blind optimism rather then documented history.

The Whizzinator has not only shown that he could care less about using drugs and how it affects the team, but he was caught trying to hide his situation with a fake ***** rather then addressing the situation and forced out of the league for a year. Did that effect the team last year? It sure did.

The smoking pot issue is minimal. He chose doing something for personal reasons rather then working as a member of a team. He did this multiple times. Forgive and move on. Just because you forgive him doesnt' mean you have to invite him back into the house so he can rape the team again. Sure, give him another chance, just make it on another team.
but at this point he is like a 4th string running back, so how much damage could he do? what about ko ro? my point is upside vs downside. he is an easy cut if his worth is exceeded by his problems. I just don't see how this is giong to tear the team apart.

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:44 PM

"badbois" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

ahhhh....because he is a good football player?yeah, then the team needs to hire him a babysitter
baby sitters are cheap. plus, after the boat thing I think we already hired a bunch, so they might as well be useful.

Prophet
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

The Whizzinator has not only shown that he could care less about using drugs and how it affects the team, but he was caught trying to hide his situation with a fake ***** rather then addressing the situation and forced out of the league for a year. Did that effect the team last year? It sure did.

but at this point he is like a 4th string running back, so how much damage could he do? what about ko ro? my point is upside vs downside. he is an easy cut if his worth is exceeded by his problems. I just don't see how this is giong to tear the team apart.

Agree to disagree. I do not think that his upside outweighs his downside and you do think his upside outweighs his downside. I see the probability of this having a negative influence on team chemistry being higher then the probability of it being a positive on team chemistry. If he plays for the Vikings I'll be cheering for him...I sure hope he has things turned around. The evidence we have been given shows otherwise.

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
fine. peace.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
as long as he dosn't supply the rest of the team, let him do whatever

Benet
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM

as long as he dosn't supply the rest of the team, let him do whatever

LOL. Good point, Sir.

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
you want him to hold out? that's not very teammate like.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
"badbois" wrote:

you want him to hold out? that's not very teammate like.lol, I have some heroine you want some?

minvikes01
04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
depth helps, hopefully he's straightened out

badbois
04-10-2006, 08:59 PM

"badbois" wrote:

you want him to hold out? that's not very teammate like.lol, I have some heroine you want some?
no thanx, I'm trying to let my arms heal.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 09:00 PM
"badbois" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

no thanx, I'm trying to let my arms heal.good, I don't have anymore anyway

Vrehna
04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
He deserves a good hard look during training camp to see what he has been doing with himself during offseason. I hope he finds a place on the team. Lots of potential.

ultravikingfan
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
"badbois" wrote:

you want him to hold out? that's not very teammate like.

As opposed to continuing doing stupid butt things and letting down his team? I do not see the harm now.

BadlandsVikings
04-10-2006, 09:29 PM
make sure someone else packs his bags for him so he doesn't get stopped in anymore airports

singersp
04-11-2006, 12:48 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I know what K-Rob & Cris Carter would think? :wink:

PurplePeopleEaters
04-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't see any harm in it. He won't be the starter and it never hurts to have some depth. Say he smokes weed and fails another drug test? then he is gone. This is a win win situation for us.

sodaknick
04-11-2006, 12:59 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I know what K-Rob & Cris Carter would think? :wink:

Absolutely. Everyone deserves a chance. He has the talent, let's see if he has the brains back to go along.

Slade
04-11-2006, 01:21 AM
How many chances did Randy get when he was here? As soon as he scored a TD, all was forgotten. If somehow & a big if that O-Smith beats out Taylor for the starting job or if Taylor gets hurt & Smith rushes for 1K yards, all will be forgotten here too. Not saying that its going to happen, but if it did, we (or alot of us) would praise OSmith. Just MO

norseforce
04-11-2006, 01:45 AM
by the end of training camp he'll be the #1 or 2 back, his skills are sick, the dude can ball,if he was such a bad person coach or the commish wouldn't let him back, the man has overcome alot at a young age, he completed his rehab and spent all off season down in LA training college players for the combine. he's going to breakout this season and CHILDRESS knows that or he would'nt be back, but if he lights up again,without passing it....he's gone.

Jeremy
04-11-2006, 05:15 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"badbois" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Onterrio Smith and his off the feild problems would rank about #129 on the list of reasons the Vikings did not meet expectations last year.

There was a three way battle for the starting RB position in camp. Bennet, Moore and Smith. Smith removed himself from the equation and made the decision easier for the head coach. Even with two guys to chose from instead of three Tice still didn't know who to start.

Getting suspended for smoking pot will kill his chances for running for public office, not his chances for running the football for the Vikings.

The Cowboy's won 3 Super Bowls with a crackhead at WR. The biggest "me" player in the NFL at the time at cornerback. A guy that got busted with 213lbs of marijuana at guard. Also a bunch of players that took part in wild partys inside a house that teamates all chipped in for.

Had they been a losing these guys would be scapegoats for management. See (Moss, Culpepper, Owens). If you win, all is forgiven in the NFL. If you lose, management needs someone to blame.

Prophet
02-25-2010, 01:30 PM
whizzinator for prez.

BadlandsVikings
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Give him Butterfinger Peterson's job

Prophet
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Muggsy wrote:

Ya know, a lot of youse mugs ragged on Mike Tice for givin' troublesome players chance after chance, especially Onterrio Smith. Now, for some reason, everybody wants ta immigrate 'Meathead' Mike an' welcome back da original Whizzinator wit' open arms, y'know? I don't get it!

Whizz-boy is an embarrassment to dis team. No matter what he does, no matter where he goes from now on, he will always be da butt of someone's joke, y'know? I say, dump him!

We need muggsy back! lol

midgensa
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
What a shame this guy could not get his shit together.

He had serious talent and could have really been a star.

Mr Anderson
02-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Cut Peterson, Smith never had those fumbling issues, and he showed flashes of brilliance, definite upgrade.

NeoVikesTX
02-25-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/whizzinator.jpg

oaklandzoo24
02-25-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awj-El-0VKs

Marrdro
02-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Prophet wrote:

Muggsy wrote:

We need muggsy back! lol
I don't ever remember him being online. Must have left before I joined.

Minniman
02-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Talk about digging up bones.

Smith did not play well enough in the CFL to retain employment with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Why even mention him now?

Prophet
03-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Minniman wrote:

Smith did not play well enough in the CFL to retain employment with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Why even mention him now?

I heard he was being looked at to replace AD.

BadlandsVikings
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

the waterboy said so

Zeus
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

=Z=

Prophet
03-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

=Z=

That would be a tough one to believe though, Shiancoe has the real deal while Smith has an off-color whizzinator.

Zeus
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

That would be a tough one to believe though, Shiancoe has the real deal while Smith has an off-color whizzinator.

The dong remains the same.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings
03-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

=Z=

the're both hollow?

C Mac D
03-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

=Z=

Nonexistent?

http://www.laughinsam.com/SuperStars/PageImages/SwanSong.jpg

Zeus
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
C Mac D wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Zeus wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Minniman wrote:

Or Shiancoe.

Nonexistent?

http://www.laughinsam.com/SuperStars/PageImages/SwanSong.jpg

Well - at least ONE person got the reference.

=Z=

Formo
03-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Marrdro wrote:

Prophet wrote:

Muggsy wrote:

We need muggsy back! lol
I don't ever remember him being online. Must have left before I joined.

Really!?! Muggsy was the best.. I miss him too!

gregair13
03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Bumping threads like this reminds me why I hate the off season so much

marstc09
03-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Well it looks like he might get a shot now at making the roster if he puts in the work. If he can get back to form, he could be an asset.