PDA

View Full Version : Vikings: Don't print that

singersp
04-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Posted on Sun, Apr. 09, 2006

DON'T PRINT THAT

) People close to Vikings owner Zygi Wilf say the team has no plans to renegotiate starting quarterback Brad Johnson's contract for $1.2 million this year even though Johnson was a backup QB when he signed it.

) Wilf, although considered a multibillionaire, has managed to escape Forbes' annual list of wealthiest Americans. A little birdie says that's because his wealth is spread among many family members and not directly connected to him.

) The Vikings say center Matt Birk's contract for $4 million this year will remain the same rather than be renegotiated after he missed last season because of hip labrum surgery.

) It was the agent for Steve Hutchinson, not the Vikings, who initiated the "poison pill" contract concept that led to the free-agent signing of the highly regarded offensive guard from the Seattle Seahawks. The signing was not a surprise to the NFL, which had been apprised of the move by the Vikings.

) Look for the Gophers men's basketball team to sign a junior college or prep school forward soon.

) If new Vikings coach Brad Childress and KSTP-TV can't make a deal on a Sunday TV show, look for the station to hire a front-line player as a regular Sunday headliner.

) It will be surprising if the Timberwolves return to rights-holder KFAN-AM next season.

) The key battle for a new ballpark for the Twins in Hennepin County will be in front of the House Tax Committee, probably next week.

) There are no plans for Vikings limited partner Reggie Fowler to increase his stock holding in the team.

) Eden Prairie, Champlin Park, Elk River and Kimball high schools are expected to have boys basketball coaching vacancies this summer. Overheard

) First-year Timberwolves coach Dwane Casey, asked how he is doing these days with his faltering team: "I'm hanging tough. The alternative is six feet under, and I'm not ready for that."

DON'T PRINT THAT (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14298911.htm)

vikeswin2005
04-09-2006, 04:16 PM
thx 4 the info ---as always singer

purpleFavreEaters
04-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Mainly rumors, no credibilty.

COJOMAY
04-09-2006, 07:55 PM
There are no plans for Vikings limited partner Reggie Fowler to increase his stock holding in the team.
I'm so glad we got Zygi. I just don't think Fowler was ready for "prime time" ownership.

vikeswin2005
04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:

Mainly rumors, no credibilty.

ummmmmmm... yeah that's why it is titled don't print that

Ltrey33
04-09-2006, 08:06 PM
"singersp" wrote:

) If new Vikings coach Brad Childress and KSTP-TV can't make a deal on a Sunday TV show, look for the station to hire a front-line player as a regular Sunday headliner.

If that turns out to be true, I bet it ends up being D-Sharpz.

FedjeViking
04-10-2006, 05:13 AM
the team has no plans to renegotiate starting quarterback Brad Johnson's contract for $1.2 million this year even though Johnson was a backup QB when he signed it.

I don't think Zygi is stupid enough to risk losing Brad because of this. Bad rumor!

singersp
04-10-2006, 06:56 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

the team has no plans to renegotiate starting quarterback Brad Johnson's contract for $1.2 million this year even though Johnson was a backup QB when he signed it.

I don't think Zygi is stupid enough to risk losing Brad because of this. Bad rumor!

I don't know if it's a bad rumor. If it was false it means the Vikings have plans to renegotiate.

If Brad is happy with what he's making & isn't asking for more money, why would the Vikings force the issue?

SnoSho
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
"singersp" wrote:

) It was the agent for Steve Hutchinson, not the Vikings, who initiated the "poison pill" contract concept that led to the free-agent signing of the highly regarded offensive guard from the Seattle Seahawks. The signing was not a surprise to the NFL, which had been apprised of the move by the Vikings.

If this wasn't true we would have lost in Seattles Appeal. Or at least thats what I had read going into that weekend.