PDA

View Full Version : Ronyell Whittaker looks great!

magicci
04-08-2006, 08:34 PM
im atching NFL Europe and he looks awesome. He looks great breaking up plays and make INT's!. He would be a good dime or nickel back for us.

enlvikeman
04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I saw it too. Ray Buchanan can't stop talking about the guy. I think Tomlin saw something in the guy the Bucs didn't...good move Tomlin. This guy is all over the place...it is nfl Europe though. Still nice to see a Viking do well!

V4L
04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Yah apparently he was ahead of DeAngelo Williams on the depth chart at V.T.. Although he was a senior and DeAngelo was a freshman.. But never the less he sounds like he could be a pretty decent corner

WinonaVike
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah apparently he was ahead of DeAngelo Williams on the depth chart at V.T.. Although he was a senior and DeAngelo was a freshman.. But never the less he sounds like he could be a pretty decent corner

Do you mean DeAngelo Hall? :duh:

V4L
04-08-2006, 09:41 PM
"WinonaVike" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Do you mean DeAngelo Hall? :duh:

Yah, DeAngelo Hall haha :lol:

Guess I just want to draft DeAngelo WILLIAMS..

Like in Sigmund Freuds findings.. You say things subconciously that mean something :grin:

chilifoot
04-08-2006, 11:43 PM
so are they gonna bring this guy back over for the season? i mean, we are kinda short on DBs right now? even if he's not all that great, we at least need depth....

muchluv4smoot
04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Yah, I've seen a lot of Ronyell's game, being a huge Va Tech fan, and he can ball. He has the physical tools to be a decent CB in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked to see him make the team and end up as our dime back and maybe(I doubt it though since we are still looking to add another CB) our nickel back.

BradTheMan14
04-08-2006, 11:58 PM
he sure does jack his jaw a lot - he was getting into brock berlins head

WinonaVike
04-09-2006, 12:02 AM
"BradTheMan14" wrote:

He and Smoot shoudl get along nicely then

BradTheMan14
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
"WinonaVike" wrote:

"BradTheMan14" wrote:

He and Smoot shoudl get along nicely thenlol good point

VikesFan4Life
04-09-2006, 12:12 AM
I like this guy a lot. I figured Tomlin knew a little something about him.

He'll be good competition for Dovonte Edwards in training camp for the nickel spot.

muchluv4smoot
04-09-2006, 12:16 AM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I like this guy a lot. I figured Tomlin knew a little something about him.

He'll be good competition for Dovonte Edwards in training camp for the nickel spot.

I also wouldn't be suprised if we ended up taking a CB at 17 in the draft. If we can't move up for a CB, and if Sims is gone, I don't see any other LB's worthy of pick 17. Plus with the draft very very deep at LB, I think we would move on to a couple other areas of need. There are 2 positions that you can never have enough good players at on your team, and they are CB and RB.

If Sims is gone, if we can't move up for Cutler, if we can't trade the 17th pick for Schaub, and if we don't move down a handful of picks or so and grab a LB in the 1st, I bet we look at a handful of players at CB and RB for that pick.

Still seems like a longshot, but I wouldn't be suprised to see things fall into place that way come draft day.

collegeguyjeff
04-09-2006, 02:42 AM
nfl europe is considered a lil higher than college football? if he's doing good in europe he will have a lot of potential though.

KirillDM
04-09-2006, 04:21 AM
sorry for the dumb question but whats vikings NFLE farm team? I know its not Rhein Fire...can u tell me plz so i can watch on nfl network. thx :)

damien927
04-09-2006, 04:28 AM
"KirillDM" wrote:

sorry for the dumb question but whats vikings NFLE farm team? I know its not Rhein Fire...can u tell me plz so i can watch on nfl network. thx :)

They don't have a team, they just allocate players and they get put on teams. I think they may put all of them on one team, but I am not sure.

morepepper
04-09-2006, 05:03 AM
so do we have the rights to whittaker?

muchluv4smoot
04-09-2006, 05:23 AM
"morepepper" wrote:

so do we have the rights to whittaker?

Yeah, we signed him awhile ago and decided to send him over there for developement.

GreenBaySlackers
04-09-2006, 05:32 AM
don't forget that tomlin moved dustin fox over to CB as well, so he and devonte should round out the top 4 cb's for the team. whittaker has a tough road ahead of him if he wants to see time on anything other than special teams on the vikings.

muchluv4smoot
04-09-2006, 05:40 AM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

don't forget that tomlin moved dustin fox over to CB as well, so he and devonte should round out the top 4 cb's for the team. whittaker has a tough road ahead of him if he wants to see time on anything other than special teams on the vikings.

I just read that today, that Fox is at CB. I wonder what we are gonna do at FS then? I wouldn't be suprised to see Offord out there at FS, if Sharper did get hurt. I bet we end up drafting one though in the 2nd or 3rd round, if we do intend on keeping Fox at CB.

KirillDM
04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
so what team in NFLE is whittaker on? I wana follow that team

GreenBaySlackers
04-09-2006, 06:07 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

I just read that today, that Fox is at CB. I wonder what we are gonna do at FS then? I wouldn't be suprised to see Offord out there at FS, if Sharper did get hurt. I bet we end up drafting one though in the 2nd or 3rd round, if we do intend on keeping Fox at CB.

he's the only white cornerback in the NFL.

VikesfaninWis
04-09-2006, 06:11 PM
We will see if his type of play can carry over to the NFL.. He was pretty good in Tampa, just hop he can do the job for the Vikes.

magicci
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
"KirillDM" wrote:

so what team in NFLE is whittaker on? I wana follow that team
Rhein Fire

VikesFan4Life
04-09-2006, 10:39 PM
And they are still undefeated I believe, 4-0.

MensaTice
04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
I can honestly say I don't know a thing about this guy. What is a realistic assessment of his style of play and what can we expect from him for the Vikes in the short term

PackSux!
04-09-2006, 11:56 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Tank Williams will be our starting SS. Offord or Fox could play back up if needed.

audioghost
04-09-2006, 11:57 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

We will see if his type of play can carry over to the NFL.. He was pretty good in Tampa, just hop he can do the job for the Vikes.

BOY WAS HE EVER! He's played in 4 games in his whole career, making 12 tackles and 2 Pass Deflection

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397004

He never saw the field...

:lol:

If thats good then lets re-sign Henri Crockett...he last made a tackle in a game three years ago too!