PDA

View Full Version : Chester Taylor: HE SAID IT

singersp
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Posted on Sat, Apr. 08, 2006

HE SAID IT

You think new Vikings running back Chester Taylor is excited to have recently acquired fullback Tony Richardson and guard Steve Hutchinson blocking for him? You bet he is. Here's Taylor …

On his blockers: "I'm very excited to be in this offense. I want to see how it is with the pads on, but the offensive line and the fullback are looking pretty good right now. I'm just going to do what I'm asked — catch the ball, run the ball."

On his impressions of how Brad Childress ran his first minicamp Friday as Vikings coach: "He's a real get-at-it coach. He wants to see everybody hustling to the ball. No walking to the line of scrimmage. He wants to make sure we have an up-speed tempo."

On whether he's thinking about making the Pro Bowl in his first season in Minnesota: "That's down the line. If it happens, it happens. I just want to do whatever I can to help the team win right now."

HE SAID IT (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14293484.htm)

JASEMYSTER
04-08-2006, 06:05 PM
he is saying all the right things right now.
he has got to be thinking that he has died and gone to heaven!

V4L
04-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Right on.. Sounds like any other football player, they just want to win

Ultrapurple
04-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Gotta love the enthusiasm! Let's hope it maintains and rubs off on everyone!

WinonaVike
04-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I think Taylor is gonna come up huge, hoepfully he will be the featrue back we have been lookings for.

Benet
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Talk about being in the right place at the right time.. Going from Jamal Lewis's backup at Baltimore to a franchise that is going to get him the ball 20-25 times a game and has specified improved O-line-play as a top priority.

He better be loving it up there with the Vikes! :razz:

VikesfaninWis
04-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I am liking what I hear.. He should do well behind Richardson and Hutch, well Stevie Wonder could run behind those guys..

minvikes01
04-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I live in VA and they alway show baltimore games, i liked what i saw out of him there, and with our o-line improvements i know he'll do well here.

collegeguyjeff
04-09-2006, 02:40 AM
i like how chester talks about the team and not about himself

SharperVikings
04-09-2006, 03:07 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

i like how chester talks about the team and not about himself
Yeah, it'll be good for this team!

farvathevikinglover
04-09-2006, 03:46 AM
I'm definitely glad to hear him talk positively about his team. I think he's going to come up big for us this year, especially behind that O-line. I was kind of worried when I saw the "HE SAID IT," but my worries were pointless it seams.

vikeswin2005
04-09-2006, 03:48 AM
casnnt wait fr him to throw the pads on and run left

Warp
04-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah it wouldnt surprise me if we had a 1500 yard back on our hands. Especially with our line.

Texas_Viking
04-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Hearing all this positive talk has me ready for the season... i can't wait. I honestly.. not just cause I've always been a viking fan.. but honestly feel like the Vikes got a Great shot this year. Especially with people like Taylor on the team. He doesn't sound like a ME, ME, ME player. I'm loving where this team is going.

BadlandsVikings
04-09-2006, 05:47 AM
"Texas_Viking" wrote:

Hearing all this positive talk has me ready for the season... i can't wait. I honestly.. not just cause I've always been a viking fan.. but honestly feel like the Vikes got a Great shot this year. Especially with people like Taylor on the team. He doesn't sound like a ME, ME, ME player. I'm loving where this team is going.It help to have coach that will light a fire under everyone's butt's

vikings11_27
04-09-2006, 06:37 AM
and if we do the right thing and somehow get Schaub, there should be little to no transitioning after BBBrad finally hangs it up. Hell, he might even beat him out to start the year.

Prophet
04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Taylor not guaranteed starting job
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:50:01 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor is not guaranteed to be the team's starter in 2006. Taylor got first-team snaps in the team's minicamp, but RB Ciatrick Fason also received first-team reps. Taylor is the favorite for now, but will still have to prove during the offseason that he is starting material.

V4L
04-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Fason eh?

Im pretty sure Taylor will beat him out

Slade
04-11-2006, 01:42 AM
I like how the players are buying into Childress' system. That's important. He has a real professional attitude which will totally pay off. I like the direction of this ship & it sounds like the players do too. Go Vikes!!
!!