PDA

View Full Version : Flex schedule

chuck44
04-08-2006, 04:17 AM
I think this new flex schedule SUCKS! I am a teacher who can not take a day off to see a football game. I have been lucky enough to go to the Twin Cities for the past couple of years and take in a Vikings game with my son (we live in CT) we fly out on Northwest on Friday and take the flight back around 6pm on Sunday night-back in CT around 10pm and ready to teach the next morning. The way they (the NFL) have it set up now, I could schedule the weekend=buy the tickets ,hotel, & flight ( around $1,000) and find out two weeks in advance that it's a night game on Sunday night-That will go over great with my boss and my wife!! Television has too much control and it F**** the regular fans

shawn9876uss
04-08-2006, 04:39 AM
I like it, and if that is the case, than you will have to watch a game before nov. 19th

WisconsinSucks
04-08-2006, 04:41 AM
"chuck44" wrote:

I think this new flex schedule SUCKS! I am a teacher who can not take a day off to see a football game. I have been lucky enough to go to the Twin Cities for the past couple of years and take in a Vikings game with my son (we live in CT) we fly out on Northwest on Friday and take the flight back around 6pm on Sunday night-back in CT around 10pm and ready to teach the next morning. The way they (the NFL) have it set up now, I could schedule the weekend=buy the tickets ,hotel, & flight ( around $1,000) and find out two weeks in advance that it's a night game on Sunday night-That will go over great with my boss and my wife!! Television has too much control and it F**** the regular fans

How do you really feel?

chuck44
04-08-2006, 04:48 AM
I know I am in a unusal situation and most of you guys can get home rather quickly from the Metrodome. My point is, take the die-hard fan, who grew up loving this team,and travels half way across the country to see them-this new plan makes it tough to plan a trip.

WisconsinSucks
04-08-2006, 04:53 AM
"chuck44" wrote:

I know I am in a unusal situation and most of you guys can get home rather quickly from the Metrodome. My point is, take the die-hard fan, who grew up loving this team,and travels half way across the country to see them-this new plan makes it tough to plan a trip.

I agree with you completely. They need to give a boatload of leadtime if they want to try this. I was just jokin with ya.

chuck44
04-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Thanks Wiscosinsucks-but I take offense to the word "boatload" ha ha ha

ultravikingfan
04-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Its a test I am sure.

If there are negatives from it they will scrap it.

WisconsinSucks
04-08-2006, 05:46 AM
"chuck44" wrote:

Thanks Wiscosinsucks-but I take offense to the word "boatload" ha ha ha

Didn't even think about boatlaod. Funny though. I think it is easy to know 6 weeks in who is good or not and change the schedule then.